Sunflower, Cake and Coffee

By Your Side

"Good morning!"

 

Sunnee greeted as she walked towards her desk. "Good morning, Sunnee." Mei Yun greeted her. "Wow, boss is in a good mood." Win said. She glared at him before taking her seat. "Have you transferred the pictures from yesterday to the computer?" she asked. Win smiled and gave her a thumbs up sign. "Good." she said. "It's the only job left for me after you replaced me as an assistant." Win said with a pout. Sunnee furrowed her brow as she gave his assistant a confused look. "What does that mean, Win?" she asked. "Isn't Chief your new assistant now?" he said in a hurt tone. 

 

Sunnee looked at him for a long time, then she let out a laugh. "Aiyo! Even if you're lazy, you like going unannounced at our house, you eat a lot, and you can't follow simple instructions, of course I won't replace you." Sunnee said. With that, Win's face lightened up. "Really?" he asked. "Where can I find an assistant that has a low rate like you. But come to think of it, maybe Chief can be my assistant instead. Then, I can get rid of you." she said. 

 

Win let out a pout. "Boss, I need this job. I have mouths to feed." he said."How many mouths do you have?" she snapped at him. Win could only scratch his head. Then, Sunnee smiled at him. "Just kidding. If I want to replace you, I should have done back when we started the studio. You're a talented editor and photographer too. And besides, you know me well. We've been through a lot, right?" she said as she draped her arms around him. Win was still pouting as he looked at her. "I thought I will lose my job and I have to go back to Japan. You know, if I go back to Japan, they will recruit me as an AV actor." he said. Sunnee made a face. "Yuck! You? No way." she said.Win could only stick his tongue out at her. 

 

As they were about to begin their work, Dylan and Evan came to the office. "Good morning." she heard Dylan greet everyone. Then, he stopped in front of her desk. "Coffee for you, Sunnee." he said with a smile. He put the cup of coffee on her desk. She looked up at him, and she could only smile as he smiled at her. "Good morning." he added. "G-good morning, Chief..." she said. She watched him as he walked towards his coffee.

 

"Good morning, Sunnee." she heard Evan said. She looked at him, and saw him place a box on her desk. "Good morning, Evan." she greeted him. "If I get to have a break later, let's go out to eat, all right?" Evan said. Sunnee nodded her head. Then, he followed Dylan to his office. 

 

Win slid his chair next to Sunnee. "Ah, a coffee from the handsome chief and a box from the handsome assistant. Who will boss choose? The handsome chief, or the handsome assistant. Let's find out in the next episode of 'Good Morning, Sunnee!'" he said. Then, Sunnee hit his head. "Stop teasing me. Go back to work!" she scolded him. Win slid back to his desk to work.

 

As soon as Win is clear from her sight, she opened the box Evan gave her and saw a slice of chocolate cake. She smiled to herself and the took the coffee to take a sip. "Good morning to me!" she said in her thoughts. 

 

--

 

They were in a meeting at the conference room for the online magazine launch. At that moment, they were discussing with pictures for the articles will need to be posted. They have finished discussing the photos for the Little Star Cafe, the Product Reviews and the Fashion section, and they are now reviewing the photos and articles for the food they shot yesterday. 

 

"Let's have this picture for the ice cream, this for the bubble waffle, and this one for the ramen. Do we have the pictures for the bento box?" Megan asked. It was at this moment when Dylan came inside the conference room. "How's everything? Are we ready for the magazine?" he asked. "We have one last discussion for the bento box, Chief." Megan explained. 

 

At that point, Sunnee showed Megan the pictures she and Dylan took. She looked at Megan as she looked at the pictures, and reviewed it thoroughly. "This picture looks best. Don't you think?" Megan said. Sunnee looked at the picture, and smiled. And then she looked at Dylan. "It is." she said. Dylan joined and looked at it. He recognized it as one of the pictures he took of the bento box. "I like this one. This one looks more natural and delicious." Megan said. "Miss Megan, do you know who took this picture?" Sunnee asked. She was smiling at Dylan the whole time. 

 

"Of course, it's you. You're our photographer." Megan said. "Guess again." she said. This time, she silently pointed at Dylan. Then, Megan looked at Dylan, surprised at the revelation. "No way! Chief? Are you also a photographer?" she asked. Dylan smiled shyly, and scratched his head. "I'm a newbie. But hey, I won't be able to take such nice pictures without Sunnee's direction." he said. Then, he looked at Sunnee, making her cheeks turn into a light color of pink. 

 

"This would be good for the online magazine. How about if we put 'Photo taken by Dylan Xiong' under this picture. Everyone would be surprised that CEO like you have other talents as well." Megan suggested. "That would be a good idea." Sunnee said. "Whatever your decision is, Megan. I trust you." Dylan told her. 

 

"Well then, we're done here. All we need to do is ready the website, upload everything and then we're ready for the launching." Megan said. She collected her things as she stood up.. "And since we're almost done, Free time until tomorrow, team." Dylan said. Everyone cheered upon hearing that. 

 

Everyone went out of the conference room, and the only people left are Sunnee and Dylan. "Well, thank you for the free time, Chief." Sunnee said as she collected her things. "There are things I want to discuss with you... about your contract..." Dylan added. Sunnee gave him a confused look. "I thought everything in my contract has been finalized?"

"Yes it is, but I want to add something."

"What is it?"

"I want hire you as my mentor in photography."

 

Sunnee looked at him, and smile. "With what happened today, it gave me the courage to pursue what I really like. I know I can be handful, and you may ran out of patience for me, but I really want you to teach me." he said. Sunnee let out a smile at him. "Aiyo, no need to hire me. And no need for contract." she said. Dylan gave him a confused look.

 

"If... if you let me be your friend... if I can be your friend... then I can teach you what I know. Maybe more." she said. Dylan smiled upon hearing that. "Really?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "Well as long as it doesn't get in the way of our work. I know you're a busy person too. Imagine it like we're two new friends learning together in this hobby." she said.

 

Dylan was happy hearing what she said. "I never really have people who would do things for me like you did." he said. Now, it's Sunnee's turn to give him a confused look. "Don't you have friends?" she asked. "I have acquaintances. People I know for network... for business connection. Nothing really personal. Well, there's Evan but he works for me. So I guess he just go with all my whims... but you... you want to be my friend. For real. I... I never had that." he said. 

 

Sunnee smiled and held his hand. "I will be your friend from now on. You can always come to me if you need anything." she said sincerely. Dylan nodded his head. "I don't know why, but I feel at ease when I'm around you. It's like I can easily trust you. Thank you for giving me  your friendship." he said. "We're not supposed to cry, all right?" Sunnee said, followed by a laugh. "From now on, you can call me Dylan. As long as we're not working and we're alone." he said. "And you can call me Cutie Pie Nee Nee." she said, making a handsome pose. Dylan raised an eyebrow at her. "Just kidding, Chi- I mean Dylan." she said. Dylan let out a smile. "That's better... Cutie Pie Nee Nee." he said with a laugh. 

 

--

 

Although it's their free time, Sunnee and Win still had some work to do with. They were asked to do last minute edits on the pictures. "Just enhance the saturation on this then you can put the watermark at the corner." Sunnee instructed Win. Win nodded his head and continued his work.

 

"Sunnee, you have a delivery." Mei Yun said as she approached her. In her hand is a small box and a bouquet of sunflowers. "Who is it from?" Sunnee in a confused look. "I don't know. The delivery man didn't tell me." she said handing it to her. She could see Mei Yun and Xuan Yi giving her a teasing smile. 

 

"Aiya, Sunnee is so popular with boys, she got a secret admirer!" Xuan Yi . Sunnee sighed and just shook her head. She took the card from the bouquet it. 

 

"Little Pineapple, 

 

Something to brighten up your day. I'll see you soon ;)

 

Love, 

Big Fluffy Bear

 

P.S.

 

You're my favorite :)"

 

Sunnee smiled after reading the note. "That charming fluffy bear. I know he loves me!" she thought to herself. She the opened the box, and saw a toy figurine of a girl with a pineapple as a head. As she saw it, she let out a laugh. "Oh, Fluffy Bear... you really love me" she said. Little did she know, Win, Xuan Yi, and Mei Yun took the card and read it. "Oh... who's Big Fluffy Bear? Is he your secret admirer?" Mei Yun asked. Sunnee shrugged her shoulder. "I don't know. All I know is that I'm his favorite." she said. 

 

From his office, Dylan watched as Sunnee got her gift. He smiled as he watched her hug the toy pineapple girl, and look at the sunflowers lovingly. "I'm glad you liked it, my favorite pineapple." he said to himself. 

 

--

 

As everyone was gushing over Sunnee, and teasing her, a tall figure walked into the office, and approached Sunnee. "Excuse me." he said in his baritone voice. Sunnee stopped and looked at him. He let out a smirk as she faced him. "I'm looking for Chief." he said. "Oh, Chief is at his office right now." Sunnee said. The guy smiled at her. "Thank you. You must be Sunnee Yang, am I right? From Polaris Studios?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "It's good to finally meet you. You look cute in person." he said. 

 

"Director Luo."

 

All of them turned to Dylan who got out of his office. He has a serious expression at his face as he looked at his guest. The tall guy looked at him and smile. "Chief, no need to be formal. Also, I'm just getting familiar with your team." he said. Then, he turned to Sunnee and smirked. "Now I know why you insisted on hiring her." he said. Then, he walked towards Dylan, leaving Sunnee confused as to who he is.