Food And Photography

By Your Side

"Two waffles please."

 

Evan said to the stall owner. The stall owner immediately prepared the Belgian waffles, one with blueberries, strawberries and whipped cream on top, and the other with chocolate chips and caramel sauce on top of it. As soon as it's done, Evan paid for it. He handed the waffled with berries to Sunnee, while he took the one with caramel.

 

"This looks so cute!" Sunnee said as she stared at her waffle. "I know you would like the aesthetic of their food. Wait till you taste it." Evan told her. "A food that looks this good must also taste this good." Sunnee said. 

 

The moment they sat on the nearby bench, Sunnee took out her phone and took photos of it. "You know, if we're doing a food photography for a client right now, and you want the food to look good in the pictures, it wouldn't take good." Sunnee said. Evan gave her a confused look. "Why?" he asked. "Because food in food photography only have to look good. It does not necessarily have to take good since you'll be using it for pictures. And sometimes, they add inedible things on it to make it look enticing to eat." Sunnee explained.

 

Sunnee saw the disgusted look on Evan's face, and then she laughed. "But this one is different." she said as she stared at her waffle. "You and Chief should talk about photography. You know, he's into photography too." Evan said. Sunnee was surprised at what she found out. "Really?" she asked. Evan nodded his head. Then, she smiled to herself. "Well, that's awesome...."

"Just don't tell Chief I told you about that."

"Why?"

"It's his secret hobby. He's still shy talking about it since he's just starting out."

"Then, he must practice a lot."

"He is. But because he's busy with The Digital Bear, he had less time to do what he likes. So, maybe you can encourage him and talk to him about it?"

 

Sunnee smiled at him. "Of course, I would love too. How about you, what's your hobbies, Evan?" Sunnee asked. "Aside from eating food?" Evan said. Then, both of them laughed. 

 

Meanwhile, Dylan was at the nearby park, taking pictures of the flowers. Time passes by as he was taking picture, that he didn't realize he hasn't eaten anything yet. Then, he heard his stomach make a sound. "I need food..." he thought. He looked at his watch, and noticed he have to go back to the office for another meeting, but he have enough time to send Evan for an errand. 

 

He took out his phone, and dialed his assistant's number. "Yes, Chief?" he heard Evan say on the other line. "I'm about to go back to the office for my next appointment. But first, can you buy me something to eat? A sandwich will do. Also, buy me coffee." he told him. "Sure, Chief. I'll ready your lunch." Evan said. 

 

Good thing Evan and Sunnee were almost done eating. "Is it OK if I buy something first? Chief's order." Evan said. Sunnee heard their conversation a while ago. "Sure. We don't want to let the Chief starve, right?" Sunnee said. Evan nodded his head. He excused himself, and then walked towards the sandwich stall nearby. While waiting for Evan to comeback, she decided to finish her food. 

 

Dylan decided to walk back to the office with his camera hanging around his neck. As he made his turn at the corner, he saw Sunnee sitting alone at the bench. As he stared at her, he could only smile at himself. He look so cute with all the whip cream on her cheek as she ate. He then took his camera and took photos of her in her most candid moments. He took of her while if filled with food, making her cheeks more rounder. He took a picture of her as she struggled to wipe her cheek of whip cream, making her look more messier. He snapped another picture of her as she made one last big bite of her waffle. As he reviewed her photos on the camera, he could only laugh at himself. Sunnee sure is adorable in those pictures.

 

Then, Evan approached her. "Oh, what happened to you?" Evan asked. "I know, I looked like a mess..." she said. Evan laughed as he took out his handkerchief, and wiped the cream off her face. "You look like a little kid when you eat." Evan said in between laugh. "But I'm cute!" Sunnee said. Dylan could only watch from where he is standing. "Oh, so he's with Evan..." he said. The smile slowly faded on his lips. "I should give them a time together." he said before leaving his spot. 

 

--

 

"Chief, here's your lunch." Evan said as he placed the sandwich on his desk, "Is everything ready for my appointment, Evan?' Dylan asked in a serious tone. "Yes, Chief. I've prepared everything." Evan said. Evan found his boss a little different after he went out. Dylan stood up and circled around Evan, making his assistant even more confused. 

 

"So, how was your lunch break?" Dylan asked, staring intensely at him. "It's OK, Chief..."

"Just OK?"

"Of course. I had a nice lunch too."

"What lunch?"

"Fired rice..."

"And?"

"I had waffle for dessert."

"Are you alone?"

"No, Chief. I'm with Sunnee."

 

Dylan stopped in front of him, and stared at him. "Sunnee, huh?" he said. Evan nodded his head. "There's a lot of pretty girls here, and you asked her out for lunch?" Dylan asked. "Chief, are you jealous?" he asked. Dylan stepped back. He folded his arms as he pouted. "I'm trying to build you up to her so that you can finally pinch her cheek!" Evan explained. Dylan rolled his eyes at him. "I already pinched her cheek."

 

Evan was surprised at his revelation. "But I still want to pinch her cheek." Dylan said. "See? That's why I'm trying to be close to her so you can pinch her cheek anytime you want. Also, I know she's your favorite photographer. I'm trying to build you up to her." Evan said. Dylan could only sigh as he went back to her seat. "Chief, I know you're dying to let her know that you're Big Fluffy Bear, her number one fan. Why did you hire her in the first place and gave her all of her demands? Because you know how talented she is a photographer. And also I know you want to be close to her. So, I'm helping you out, because I know you're shy around girls." Evan said. 

 

Dylan just listened to his assistant. "Do you think I can be close to her?" he asked. "You did it as Big Fluffy Bear. I know you can do it in real life, Chief." Evan said with a smile. Dylan just smiled at him. "They will be doing a shoot after your meeting. I suggest you join them." Evan said with a winl. Dylan jumped to his seat, and hugged his assistant. "Oh, I love you, Evan!" Dylan shouted. 

 

Then, the door opened, and they were seen in that position by Megan. "I... uh..." she stuttered,. She was shocked seeing Chief and his assistant hugging, not to mention, hearing him say I love you to him. "Chief, I'll just be back later." She said, still shocked from what she said. Upon realizing what they were doing, Dylan immediately let go of Evan. 

 

--

 

Xuan Yi opened the bento box, and her eyes lightened up upon seeing the food inside it. It contains soy chicken, fried rice and sushi. "So yummy!" she said. Then, Sunnee stood beside her. "That's not for eating. We need that for the pictures." she said. She snatched the food on her hand and then began to style it on the table. "But can I eat it later?" Xuan Yi asked. 

 

Sunnee stared into her eyes as she took out a clear syrup and began to brush it on the chicken. She smiled seeing the disgusted look on Xuan Yi's face. "Don't worry, I'll treat you later for milktea in exchange for this bento box." Sunnee told her. "You should!" Xuan Yi said with a pout. 

 

"Hello, how's the shoot?" 

 

Sunnee heard a familiar voice asked. "Xiao Xiong is here..." she thought. "Were just starting, Chief. Sunnee's preparing the product." Xuan Yi said. Dylan just nodded his head. He walked towards Sunnee and stood behind her quietly, He watched as she styled the food she's going to photograph. "She is talented..." he thought. 

 

"Food photography is your forte, right?" Dylan asked in her ear. Sunnee was startled upon hearing him near her. She immediately turned around to face her, and before she knew it, she was standing so close to him. And all she can do is stare into his eyes.