Breaking Her Own Heart

By Your Side

Aaron put Sunnee's 3rd order of mini cake that afternoon. Since she arrived ar hour ago, all she did is eat the icing off the cake. And he knows when she does this, she is sad. Very sad.

 

 

"OK, tell me what's wrong, Sunnee." he said as he sat in front of her. Sunnee let at a sigh. "I'm ok, ge. Don't mind me." she said. She continued to eat her icing absentmindedly. "Tell me who broke your heart and I'll break his bones." Aaron said. Sunnee pouted at him. "Ge..."

"Look, I'm not going to let anyone make my cute little sister sad. Only I can make her cry." 

"Just don't mind me, OK?"

"How can I not mind you when you're murdering my creations?"

 

 

Aaron pointed at the now bure cakes in front of her. Sunnee just gave him an innocent smile. "Sorry, ge..." she apologized. Aaron could only sigh. "I'll bring you a big bowl of icing. Please, just finish the cakes." he pleaded. Sunnee nodded her head.

 

 

--

 

 

Sunnee was busy with work as usual. She was finishing some edits when Dylan came out of his office and approached her. "Hey, got time?" he asked. Sunnee just looked up at him. "I'm about to be finished with my edits. Why?" she asked. Dylan let out a smile. "I need you to come with me. I found the perfect place for Yu Meng's photoshoot. I want you to see it before we finalize the schedule." he said. 

 

 

She looked at Win, who was also swamped with work. "It's OK, boss. I'll handle the rest of the edits." he said. Sunnee smiled at him. "Thank you, Win! Don't worry, dinner's on me tonight." she said. Win smiled at her. "Then I'll barge into your house tonight." he said. She stood up and took her bag. "Let's go." she told Dylan. Then, the two of them left me office.

 

 

They went to a quick drive to the flower park outside the city. "This is the place." he told her. They both got out of the car, and walked towards the entrance. "Do you have any specific there in mind for her photoshoot?" Sunnee asked as they were walking. "I'm thinking she would be surrounded with flowers. Like, she is blooming with them. What do you think?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "That's a good theme. Then, we can call it 'In Full Bloom'. I think I know a nice spot." she said.

 

 

The two of them went to the part of the park where there is a piano surrounded by the flowers. "We can have one of the shots here. She can be playing the piano, or just sitting there and pose." Sunnee said. Dylan nodded his head. "Yeah, this is a nice spot." he said. Sunnee took out her phone to take pictures of the spot and make notes. 

 

 

She noticed a Cinderella carriage a few meters from where they are standin "Let's look at the carriage." she said. Sunnee pulled Dylan to where it was. "We can dress Yu Meng up as Cinderella and take pictures of her here." she suggested. Dylan gave her a thumbs up. "I love your ideas." he said. as he smiled at her.

 

 

They decided to do the photoshoot at the big frame, at the flower tunnel, at the field.f tulips and lavender, by the windmill, by the swing, and at the clock tower. They are exploring the place, when they noticed a spot with a flower wall. "Hey, this is a nice background for her shoot! Let's take pictures of Yu Meng here, OK?" she said. She was in awe as looked at the flower wall. "Sunnee..." Dylan called her. She looked back at him and smiled. Before she knew it, Dylan took a picture of her on his phone.

 

 

"Hey!" Sunnee shouted at him. She pouted at him while he laughed. "No fair! You always takes stolen shots of me." she said. "But you look cute here." Dylan said, looking at her picture on his phone. "Let me see..." Sunnee said. As she walked towards him, He raised-p his phone so she could not reach it.

 

 

"Nope, you can't see it." he said. "Give me that!" she demanded. She jumped to reach for his phone, but he simply made it harder for her to reach it. "Nope, it's for my eyes only." he said. As she made another jump, she lost her balance when her feet got on the ground. She tried to keep herself standing by clinging to him, but when she held onto him, her lips accidentally brushed against his.

 

 

Sunnee was surprised at what happened. All she could do was stare at him in shock. Then, she felt her heart beat fast as she got close to him. Dylan stared at her for a while. then, he smiled shyly. "That's my first kiss." he said. After seeing her turn red, he laughed at her. "I wouldn't have kissed you if you let me see my picture." she said. She was so embarassed by what happened, while Dylan laughed at her. 

 

 

"Fine. I'll let you see it."' he said. He handed her his phone. Sunnee took it, and looked at her picture while he stood behind her.. "Not bad, huh. I look good in this picture." she said. "Of course, you're cute." he told her. Sunnee giggled at what he said. Then, she swiped to the next pictures. All of it were pictures of her awhile ago at the spots that they went to. "Ah, you're secretly taking pictures of me, huh?" she said. "Because you're my muse." he said. Sunnee paused for a while, and then looked back at him. Their eyes met, and at that moment, her heart began to beat fast again. Dylan gazed at her for a long time. As he inched his face towards her, Sunnee looked away from him. "Ahmm...I think there's a small chapel here. Maybe can check it out to see if we can do our shoot there?" she said. Dylan sighed, dismayed that she changed the topic. "Sure, we can check it out." he said. 

 

 

At the far end of the flower park was a small glass chapel on a stilt, standing by the lake of the park. Here it is! We can do a wedding the med short here. We just have to fill the place with flowers." Sunnee said. "Actually, this place looks like a good venue for a wedding, don't you think?" he asked. Sunnee looked at him and gave him a meaningful smile. "Ah, you're already thinking of marrying Yu Meng, huh?" she . Dylan simply smiled at her. "Well, yes. I'm thinking of marrying you..." he said. Sunnee gave him a confused look. Part of her wanted it to be true, but part of her thinks he's just kidding. "Yu Meng." he said quickly. "Oh..." she said as she nodded her head.

 

 

"Do you think you... Yu Meng would like to be married here?" he asked. "Knowing Yu Meng, she likes grand things. The bigger and the more expensive it is, the better. Sheld probably would want a bigger venue for her wedding... if she decides to get married." she answered. Dylan got confused at what she said. "What do you mean?"

"Ah Meng is very non-committal. She doesn't like getting tied down. She likes to be able to explore and be free."

"You mean, she's a playgirl?"

 

 

Sunnee was caught off-guard at what he said. Dylan let out a laugh. "Don't worry, I know how she's non-committal."

"But maybe she changed. The fact that she came home for good means she's ready to commit, right? Who knows, you might be the one who can tie her down."

 

 

She looked at the chapel again, and took pictures of it. "How about you? If you're going to have your wedding, will you choose this chapel?" he asked. Sunnee smiled, and nodded her head. "Of course. This chapel is just perfect for me. I just wanted a small, intimate wedding. I'm gonna be happy as long as the chapel's filled with sunflowere, and the groom's waiting for me at the altar." she said. She looked at Dylan, who was smiling at her. She smiled as she imagined him as her groom. But the smile turned in to a faint one when the realized that the one he loves is her best friend, and not her.

 

 

"By the way, when are you planning to ask Yu Meng to be your steady girlfriend?" she asked. Dylan took a deep breath to think for a while. "I'm not sure. Maybe after the photoshoot?" he said. "Well, that gives me enough time to butter her up..." she said. She looked around, and ther suddenly thought of something. "You know, I know just the perfect spot to do that." she said. Dylan couldn't help but smile. "You seem to know a lot of pretty spots here, huh?" he commented. "I've done a lot of photoshoots here before, so I know my was around." she said. As she held his hand, he looked at her hand and smiled to himself. He looked up to her, and there was a big, excited smile on her face. "Let's go!" she said as she dragged him with her.

 

 

Sunnee brought Dylan to the part of the flower park where there are cherry blossom trees. The cherry blossoms were about to bloom that time, and she knows by the time of the photoshoot, it will be in full bloom. "This is the perfect spot to confess your love." she said. Dylan looked at the tree, and back to her. "If someone will confess their love for you, would you like it to be here?" he asked. "Why not? This is a romantic spot. right?"

"Do you like it here?"

"Huh?"

"I mean, will Yu Meng like it here?"

"I'm pretty sure she will."

 

 

Dylan smited faintly. "I'm actually a little nervous if I confess to her. I don't know what I'll say..." he said. "You just have to be more confident. After all, you are Chief, right?" she said. Dylan nodded his head. "How about this... pretend I'm Yu Meng and you can practice your confession with me." she said. "Are you sure?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. Dylan took a deep breath, and then held her hand. 

 

 

"From the moment I've laid my eyes on you, I know you're going to be the most special person in my life..." he said. He gazed into her eyes as he let out a smile. "I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you. And my feelings for you keeps getting stronger each day. I love you. I hope that you feel the same for me." he said. Sunnee smiled at him. She wished those words were for her, but she knows it's not. Those words belong to someone else. "See, you can do it! I know Yu Meng would be moved if you say those words to her." she said.

 

 

Dylan's smiled faded a little. "You think so?" he asked. "I know so." she said. Then, he pulled her into a hug. "Thank you for helping me, Sunnee I wish I could return the favor to you..." he told her. Sunnee could only smile sadly. "It's nothing. What are friends for, right? And besides, I promised to make your wish come true..." she said. As Dylan let her go, a soft breeze blew, and a petal fell on her hand. "I think everything will work out well." she said as she showed him the petal. Dylan simply smiled at her.

 

 

Then, she turned her back on him as she felt her hear falling from her eyes. "Sunnee?" he asked. She immediately wiped her eyes so he wouldn't notice it. "Uhm... you know I'm getting hungry. I'd like to eat a cake with a lot of icing." she told him. Dylan walked to her, and held her hand. "Well, I know a nice cafe in the area. Let's go?" he said. Sunnee forced herself to smile and nodded her head.

 

 

--

 

 

Win and Aaron watched from the counter, as Sunnee removed the icing from the cake once again. Aaron could only sigh as he folded his arms. "Tell me what happened today?" he asked Win. "She and Chief went out to the location of the photoshoot..." Win said. Aaron sighed again. "Get the bowl of icing at the back. We'll need it later." he told him. Win just nodded his head.

 

 

--

 

 

Kai leaned on his chair. He's already tired from the tons of work he had. I need a break..." he said to himself. Then, he looked at his table, and saw the picture of him and Sunnee. He took the frame and smiled to himself. "I miss you, baby girl..." he said. "I can't wait to be home soon... "

 

 

--

 

 

She put the bouquet of flowers on his tomb, and said a little prayer for him. "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for leaving you..." she said. 'But now that I'm back, I'll have my revenge. Please forgive me for what I have done to you... and I hope... I hope you'll help me find our daughter..."

 

 

--

 

 

Sylvia was busy packing her belonging in a box. Just then, a picture fell from the pile of papers she was holding. She stared at it for a long time before picking it up. "Wes..." she whispered. Her thoughts were interrupted when her phone rang. "Hello? Oh, Kai, its you. Yeah, I'm packing right now. I'll have everything settled for you before you come back, don't worry. All right, bye." she said. She immediately put the picture away after she ended the call.