Pineapple's In Love

By Your Side

"I'm Big Fluffy Bear!"

 

Dylan blurted. Sunnee's jaw dropped. Wes looked at him with disbelief, but secretly, he smiled. "Finally." Wes said with relief. Then, Dylan bowed at Sunnee. "Teacher, I'm sorry,. I didn't want to deceive you. I just want to be close to you in real life so I hired you. But of course, I also hired you because you have a good eye. I want us to be friends not just online, but in real life too." Dylan said in one go.

 

Wes folded his arms as he looked sumgly at his cousin. He looked at Sunnee, an he could see she was in disbelief. "You're Big Fluffy Bear?" she asked, Dylan nodded his head. "Let's see the pineapple's rection now..." Wes thought. "Xiao Xiong is Fluffy Bear? Why didn't I think of that possibility? What do you mean I've been flirting with Chief all this time? I'm flirting with Xiao Xiong all this time?" she thought. At that thought, she let out a smile. "I'm flirting with Chief all this time!" she said. 

 

She looked at Dylan, and let out a flirty smile. "I really know you love me, fkuffy bear!" she said. Wes became confused at her reaction. "Your not mad?!" Wes asked. It was Dylan's turn be smug at him. "Why would I be? I'm his favorite." Sunnee said. Dylan wrapped his arm around her as he stuck a tongue out at his cousin. Sunnee looked up at him, and pouted. "You should have told me the first time we met..." she said. "I'm sorry. I don't want you to think I'm a stalker. Although I think you already think I'm a stalker." he said. Then, she smiled at him. "A handsome stalker." she said.

 

Wes let out a sigh. "There goes my plan to poach Sunnee to my team." he said. The two of them looked at Wes. Sunnee folded his arms, while Dylan glared at him. "I won't let you take away my little pineapple away from me." he said. This time, it was Sunnee's s turn to ake face at him and stick her tongue out at him. Wes smirked as he put his hads on his waist. "Let's see about that. I really hope you'll be true to your words, Dylan... and not break another promise." he said. Then, he turned to leave the two alone. 

 

--

 

After that confrontation, Dylan and Sunnee founbd themselves having coffee at the rooftop of the building. Both of them were silent, but Sunnee can't help but glance at him once in a while. Dylan looked at her, and smile. "I can tell you want to ask me something..." Dylan said. "A lot of things, actually."

"Then, shoot. ask me."

"Why are you so interested in photography, and why do like me as a photographer?"

 

Dylan sipped his coffee before answering her question. "Why do I like you as a photographer... Simple. You make even the simplest thing more colorful and beautiful. When you take pictures, it's as if I as a viewer, is part of that picture. It's as if every picture you take is alive. Why am I interested in photography? Honestly, I'm not so sure. All I know is that I also want to take capture the beauty around me and treasure it. I don't know why, but it felt like was amiss with me... if I don't take a picture of it, i might forget that moment. So, that's why i also like taking pictures."

 

Sunnee nodded her head as she sipped her coffee. "How about you? Why did you choose to be a photographer?" Dylan asked. Sunnee looked at him, and smiled. "When I was 10, my dad gave me my first camera. Since then, I take a lot of pictures, even candid ones. My brother sometimes gets annoyed at me because I like to take stolen shots of him." she said. Both of them laughed at that.

 

"When dad gave me that camera, he told me something. he said... 'Xing Xing, I want you to capture all the moments that make you alive. i want you to capture every moments that pass by. Because one day, those will become memories you will treasure forever.' And so, I did. That camera never left my side eversince. Slowly, I became good at what I do. I became the photographer during junior high, and before I graduate high school, I already had my first photo exhibit. Dad was so proud at me. So I promised myself, as long as dad is proud of me, as long there are moments I want to capture, I will never ever stop taking pictures." she said, 

 

Dylan smiled sadly at her. "You must have a great childhood with your dad..." Dylan said. Sunnee nodded her head. "Even if he adopted me, he never made me fell that way. He made me feel part of his family and his life." she said. She looked up at him, hoping he would somehow get a hint of who she is and their past. Dylan let out a sigh. "I envy you. I wish I could I had the same childhood as you..." 

 

Sunnee gave him a confused look. "Chairwoman is really strict. I'm not allowed to do anything I like, so I had to keep my hobby a secret. I had to live up to her standards." he said. "But there must be some happy parts, right? Like having friends... running around in the garden, stargazing at night and dreaming of the future..." she said. Dylan shook his head. "I wish I could remember if I have done such things. Well, I guess I have to tell you now before you hear it from my cousin. When I was 11, I was in  car accident. All the memories I had before I was 11 was gone. You can say that I did have an amnesia." Dylan said.

 

She was surprised at what he said. "Now I understand why you don't remember me..." she thought sadly. "Maybe that's why I wanted to capture every moment that pass by me right now. I'm scared that one day, I might forget them. i wanted something that will remind me of those memories in the future." he said. Sunneecould see the sadness in his eyes. At that moment, she wanted to hug him tight, but she's trying her best not to. "Then, let's make more memories." she said. Dylan gave her a confused look. "You had a tough childhood, if you even had one. What if we make happy memories together?" she said.

 

Dylan gave him a confused look. "You make it sound like we're a newly married couple..." he said. Sunnee sweat dropped at him. "What I mean is... you consider me as your friend, right?" she asked. Dylan nodded his head. "We can make happy memories together as friends." she said. Upon hearing that, he let out a smile. "You're willing to do that for me?" he asked. She smiled and nodded her head. Then, Dyla hugged her.

 

The moment he hugged her, her heart began to beat fast. Everything seemed to slow down at that moment. Suddenly, she was seeing in pink. She was so scared that he could hear her heart beat fast. "Thank you, Sunnee. I don't know why, but the moment I saw you, I feel at ease around you, that I could trust you, that I've known you for so long. I can't believe I have you in my life now." he said. "I... I feel the same way..." she said dreamily.

 

Dylan let her go, and looked at her. "I can't wait to make memores with you." he said. "Same..." she said. Then, he looked at his watch. "Oh, I have to go back for a meeting,. Is it OK if I go first?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. Before he left, he pinched her cheeks, which made her blush. As he watched him leave, she took out her phone and took a picture of him. "I want to capture this moment forever..." she told herself as she smiled.

 

--

 

That evening.

 

Sunnee was sitting by the kitchen counter, while Aaron was preparing their dinner. Aaron was cutting some vegetables, while Sunnee was staring at the picture she took of Dylan that day. "Cute little baby sister, don't you want to help me prepare for dinner?" Aaron asked. There was no reply from her. He looked at her, and saw her staring at her phone and smiling. 

 

"Hey!" he shouted at him. Sunnee looked at him. "Why are you shouting at me. "I was asking if you want to help me prepare for dinner." he complained. Then, he looked at her phone, and saw that she was staring at Dylan's picture. "Ah, so you're staring at that bear's picture again." he said. Then, she smiled at him."Did you know that he's also fluffy bear?"

"The one you're flirting and seducing online?"

"Hey!"

 

Aaron let out  laugh. "No wonder you're smiling like an idiot again." he said. She let out a pout. "What does that mean?" she asked. "You look like a big idiot when you're in love." he said. "Hey!" she shouted angrilyat him, "You were like that with Zhong Lin, remember?"

"Never speak that name of my stupid ex-boyfriend!"

"Also with Eric..."

"Can you stop bringing up my ex-boyfriends here?"

 

Aaron let out a laugh. "What do you really feel about him?" he asked seriously. Sunnee opened to speak, but words didn't find its way out. "Look, I've seen how you've been hurt with your exes before. I just want to be sure that this guy won't hurt you and would understand you." Aaron said. "I know he's not like those two, all right? Zong Lin's a player, while Eric had different priorities. Also, Xiao Xiong and I are just friends..." she explained. 

 

"Are you telling that to convince me, or to convince yourself?" he asked. Sunnee gave him a confused look. "I'm your big brother. I know you inside out. I know when it's just friends, and when you're already falling in love with someone. And with the way you're acting, you look like you're in love." he said. Sunnee fell silent as he looked at his picture again.

 

She's happy whenever he's around her. She feels her heart beat fast when she's close to him. And she always wish time would stop when she's around him. Maybe her brother's right. She must be in love with Dylan.

 

"Am I eally in love again?" she asked. "Only you can answer that. I can only tell you what I observe from you." Aaron said. Then, she looked up at him. "Ge, when ws the last time you fell in love? Your last girlfriend was six years ago, right? Tia was your last girlfriend, right?" she asked. Aaron paused for awhile, and glared at her. Then, he slowly lifted hus knife at her. 

 

"Are you going to shut up or not?"

"Who started with the exes? Not me!"

"Don't rub it in my face that iove been single for so long, cute little baby sister."

"Was Tia the girl you cried about for days... or was it Gui Gui?"

"Sunnee Yang yun Qing!"

 

Sunne stuck a tongue out at him before leavnig him alone. Aaron could only sigh, and after she was gone, she let out a pout. "I've been single for so long..." he said as he muffled a fake cry.