Jealous

By Your Side

[Flashback]

 

 

High School.

 

 

Sunnee ran towards the group of girls that was fighting. "Stop! Stop!" she shouted. She pulled Yu Meng from the other girl, who was pulling her hair. "What just happened?" Sunnee asked. "Tell that to stay away from my boyfriend!" the girl shouted. Yu Meng just smirked at the girl. "Just more on with your life. Your boyfriend likes me, and he'll be mine soon!" Yu Meng shouted the girl. The girl attacked her again, and pulled her hair. Sunnee tried to stop the fight.

 

 

"Yu Meng, stop!" she shouted. She managed to pull Yu Meng from the girl. "Don't fight anymore, OK? Let's go." Sunnee said. The two of them started to walk away when the girl shouted at them. "Ugly ! No guy would ever take you seriously!"

 

 

They went to their secret base, which is behind the bleacher. She helped her treat the wound she got from the cat fight. "Ah Meng, what happened there?" Sunnee asked. "It wasn't my fault her boyfriend likes me."

"Is that the guy you went out with yesterday?"

"Yeah..."

"And you know about his girlfriend?"

"Doesn't matter. I like him and he likes me."

 

 

Sunnee let out a sigh. "Oh, Yu Meng... why do you always get yourself in trouble?" she asked. Yuming gave her a sly smile. "Because it's fun." she said. 

 

 

--

 

 

"Yu Meng, I'm done with my task at the school paper! Let's go home!" Sunnee said as she entered their room. However, their room is empty, making her wonder where her bestfriend is. She could only scratch her head as she looked for her. She was on duty as the cleaner for the day, and she said she would wait for her to finish taking pictures for the school paper.

 

 

She took out her phone, and decided to call her. As she heard the phone rang on her end, she also heard Yu Meng's ringtone in the room. "Her things are still here though... Maybe she's at the back to take out the trash..." she said to herself.

 

 

She decided to look for herself elsewhere, but as she passed the classroom next to them, she heard something. Sunnee stopped in front of the closed door, and pressed her ear againt it. She heard from the inside. Thinking someone is hurt, Sunnee slowly opened the door.

 

 

"Are you all ri-"

 

 

Sunnee froze in her place as she found Yu Meng and another guy in a compromising position - she was sitting on the teacher's desk, her arms around the the guy's neck. Her skirt was lifted up, and her blouse undone, while the guy didn't even have a shirt on.

 

 

She felt abashed at what she saw. Her face turned red as she looked away from them.Yu Meng, on the other hand, laughed in amusement at her reaction. "I... I'll wait for you at the classroom!" she shouted before running away.

 

 

Sunnee waited for Yu Meng at their classroom. She was fidgety, still disturbed at what she saw. An hour later, Yu Meng came in. "Well that was fun." she said. Sunnee looked at her. "Yu Meng, I don't mind you being promiscuous, but at a classroom? Really?" she scolded her. "That's the thrill in it...if we get caught doing the deed."

"Yu Meng!"

 

 

Yu Meng let out a wicked smile. "Oh, come on, Sunnee. Don't be such a Killjoy." she said. Sunnee could only let out a sigh. "What happened to the guy you're seeing last week?" she asked. Yu Meng rolled her eyes." He was a bore. This guy's more exciting." she said. 'I'm worried about you, you know..." 

 

 

Yu Meng smiled at her."Sunnee, sometimes you gotta collect the frogs and kiss them before you find the prince." she said to her.

 

 

[End of flashback]

 

 

-- 

 

 

Sunnee stared at the ceiling of the wall. Her thoughts wandered from how Yu Meng was back then, and the things she noticed that day. If her guess is right, and he likes her bestfriend, she knows she will be heartbroken. But as a good friend, she know she have to support them.

 

 

But her worry is Dylan. She knows how Yu Meng does not take relationships seriously. She always play the field. If Dylan is serious and she's not, she would end up hurting him. She just wished that Yu Menghas changed, or Dylan would make her change.

 

 

However, the thought of them being together pains her. She had fallen deeply in love with Dylan. Although she wants to be with him, she can't be selfish. She have to understand that although she loves him, he only sees him as a friend.

 

 

She took a deep breath and dosed her eyes. She doesn't know what will happen the next day, but she have to ready her heart. Especially if Dylan tells her that it's Yu Meng he wants to be with.

 

 

--

 

 

It was early morning, and Sunnee is already busy working. She was into her work, when she noticed a cup of coffee being placed on her table. She let out a smile, and looked up. Her smile was abruptly gone the moment she saw Wes smiling at her. "Good morning..." he greeted. "Good morning, Director Luo..." she said formally. Wes pouted at her. "Why so formal?" he asked.

 

 

"Wes, stop annoying Sunnee..."

 

 

Sunnee looked up, and saw Dylan walking up to them. Wes folded his arms and smirked at him. "Oh, hello, Chief. Just paying a visit, nothing to worry." Wes said. Then, he turned to Sunnee, and smiled at her. "Enjoy your coffee." Wes said. He gave her a wink before walking away.

 

 

Dylan approached Sunnee, and she grabbed the coffee that Wes gave her. "Oh, you already got coffee?" he asked. Sunnee faked a smile. "Wes gave me a cup before you came.." she explained. Dylan could only frown. He was supposed to get Sunnee her coffee, not Wes. "Oh, I guess I was a little too late then..." There was a hind of jealousy on his voice. "Maybe next time." Sunnee told him. Dylan just nodded his head. Then he headed to his office.

 

 

"Xuan Yi, check your feet..." Sunnee heard Mei Yun say. "Why?" Xuan Yi asked, looking below her table. "You might be stepping on Sunnee's long hair!" Mei Yun said before laughing. Sunnee could only shake her head.

 

 

--

 

 

 The moment Sunnee took her phone, she received a message from Kai. She let out a smile before opening it.

 

 

"Hello baby girl! Pops miss you. Can you visit him? I'm a little tied down with negotiations here in Canada. Will get you your favorite maple butter when I get home. The one you love the most, Kai."

 

 

Sunnee giggled. Then, she replied to him. "Hello, baby boy. Don't worry, Win and I will visit Pops soon. While you're at it, grab me some chocolates too, OK? The one you adore the most, your baby girl." 

 

 

She put down her phone, and looked at Win. looking at how he smiled, seems like he got a message from Kai too. "I can't wait for Kai to come home!" he said. "He promised you maple butter too?" she asked. Win nodded his head. Stupid Kai..."

"Hey, it's rare for Kai to message us when he's out of the country..."

"It's rare for that stupid guy to message us. Period."

"But at least he remembered us..."

"He's always busy. Figures why he can't find a girlfriend."

"But you know how devoted he gets when he got himself a girlfriend."

"Yeah. I mean, if I am Kai's girlfriend, I'd feel lucky to have him."

 

 

Dylan heard that as he was about to approach her. Suddenly, he felt jealous. "Who knows, maybe Kai's just waiting for a chance to be with you." Win commented. At that moment, Dylan felt the greeneyed monster creeping behind him. Who is this Kai, and why does Sunnee like him? He took a deep and walked the opposite direction. Little did he know, Sunnee noticed him. She excused herself from Win and decided to follow him.

 

 

Knowing Dylan, he'd go to the roof top if he needs a breather, and she was right. Dylan was at his usual spot at the rooftop. "Hey..." she said as she approuded him. Dylan turned to look at her. As she smiled at him, he found himself smiling at her. "Hey..." he said.

 

 

"Taking a break?" she asked. Dylan nodded his head. "Am I disturbing you? If you want I can leave..." she said. Dylan held her hand and gently pulled her towards him. "I'd want you to stay." he said. She was so close to him. She felt her heartbeat fast standing up close to him. "Oh...ok. I'll stay." she said.

 

 

Dylan smiled back at her. "Since Yu Meng came a few days ago, you seem...unapproachable. Are you avoiding me?" he asked. Sunnee shook her head. "There's a lot of things to be done for Yu Meng's launch. We haven't even conceptualized her first shoot. I want it to be special, so I was racking my brains thinking what to do." she said.

 

 

"You didn't accept my coffee a while ago." Dylan pointed out. "You brought me coffee? I didn't know. Besides, Director Luo already gave me coffee. I was just being polite to him." Sunnee explained. "So, you're not mad at me?" Dylan asked. Sunnee shook her head. "I can't be mad at you." she answered.

 

 

With that, Dylan let out a sigh. "I've been worried for days... I thought you're mad at me because of Yu Meng, because I pay more attention to her."

"Of course not. I know you need to treat her well. She's the fan of our company. I understand, and I'm glad my two friends get along."

"I remember, you two had been friends since high school, right?"

 

 

Sunnee nodded her head. "I know her like the back of my hand." she said. Dylan shyly smiled at her. "Then... you can help me?" he asked. Sunhee gave him a confused look. "Oh, never mind..." Dylan said with a laugh. "Come on, spill it. I'll try to help you as much as I can." Sunnee said.

 

 

Dylan took a deep breath before speaking. "I've known Yu Meng for a long time too. And all of those years, I admired her..." he began. Sunnee just continued smiling,aven thought she knew she's headed for heartache. Remember my first wish? I want to love and be loved..."

"Of course, I remember."

"I'd neve liked someone in my life as much as I like Yu Meng. And since we met again, my feelings just kept stronger."

 

 

Then he let out a smite. His next words pierced her heart. "I love Yu Meng. Will you help me convince her to be my girl?" he asked. Though her heart broke that moment. Sunnee managed to smile happily at him. "Of course. I'll help you. Didn't l say I'll grant your wish?" she said. Then, Dylan hugged her. "Thank you, baobei! You're the best!" she said.

 

 

At that moment, she wanted to cry. She just lost the man she love to her bestfriend.