Before Her Eyes

By Your Side

She was supposed to edit the pictures, but she can't help but stare at the photo on her screen. It was the photo of Dylan looking lovingly at Yu Meng. As she stared at it, she remembered what has transpired that day.

 

 

--

 

 

A while ago.

 

 

"She's here!" Amber told them. Sunnel got ready to take pictures. But then, looking through the lens, she realized it was her best friend, Yu Meng. She let out a smile as she took more pictures of her. "Welcome to The Digital Bear!" Everyone grated her. Yu Meng smiled at the employees. "Thank you... Thank you for the very warm welcome." she said.

 

 

Sunnee pointed her camera to Dylan. He looked nerous as he looked at Yu Meng's way. Then he smiled at her. There was something different in the way that he smiled at her like he was waiting for her all his life. Suddenly, Sunnee felt her heart beat fast, so fast she felt like she's going to have a heart attack.

 

 

She watched as Dylan walked towards Yu Meng. Yu Meng looked at him and smiled at him. "Welcome to The Digital Bear, Yu Meng.she heard him in his most gentle voice as he handed her the bouquet. "For you..." he said. Yu Meng was surprised at the flowers, but nevertheless she felt elated. "Thank you, Dylan!" she said. Then, she kissed him on the cheek.

 

 

Sunree slowly put his camera down. The way he looked at her, the way he smiled at her, it was familiar. It way the way he looked and smiled at her when they were at the greenhouse. Her smile slowly faded as she looked at the two of them together. She must admit, they do look good together, and she can't help but feel jealous. After all, she knows Yu Meng is the type of girl that could get any guy she wants. And basing on her body language, it seems she do like Dylan.

 

 

She continued to take pictures as Dylan introduced everyone to her. Then, they approached her. "And this is our talented photographer - " 

"Sunnee? You're here!"

 

 

Sunnee put her camera down. "Yeah, I'm the official photographer. By the way, you remember my assistant, Win?" she said, pointing at Win. Yu Meng smited. "Of course, I do. Nice to see you again, Win." Yu Meng said.

 

 

Dylan was surprised that the two girls know each other. "I didn't know you two have met before..." he commented. "We're best friends since high school. Did you know, I landed my first magazine pictorial because of her." Yu Meng said. Sunnee could see how she touched his chest. Dylan let out a smile. "Really? That's great! At least you two are familiar with each other." he said. "I am her muse." she said proudly. Then, she turned to Sunnee again. "And I will only work with her as my photographer." she added.

 

 

"That will work. Anyway, let's go to my office first to discuss some things." Dylan offered. Yo Meng nodded her head and held on to his arms. "See you later, Sunnee!". Yu Meng said. She watched as the two went inside his office.

 

 

"Seems like you have a rival, boss..." Win said. Sunnee just kept quiet, which made Win worried.

 

 

--

 

 

As soon as Dylan closed the door of his office, Yu Meng put her arms around his neck. Dylan smiled at her as he wrapped his arms on her waist. "It's just been a day, and I miss you..." Yu Meng said. "I miss you too." Dylan said. She let out a y smile as she drew circles on his chest.

 

 

"I really anjoyed last night... what do you say if you go to my place tonight so we could do it again?" she asked. Dylan smirked at her. "I would love to. I'll head there after my work here is done." he said. Yu Meng smiled, and then reached up to Dylan and kissed him on the lips.

 

 

--

 

 

Sunnee went down to the coffee shop and was staring at the menu board. "May I offer you a cup of cafe latte?" she heard someone say. She looked back and saw Wes smiling at her and holding two cups of coffee. She immediately got into her fighting stance, which startled him.

 

 

"I bring coffee...and peace." Wes said. Still, Sunnee glared at her. "I'm not going to do anything stupid. I just noticed you were spacing out." he added. With that, Sunnee softened a little and took the cup from him. "This doesn't have poiso?" she asked. "Nope. Just love potion so you'll fall in love with me." he said smugly. Sunnel glared at him again. She was about to throw the coffee at him but he held out his hands to stop her. "I'm kidding! Have mercy on the poor coffee." he said. She took a sip from it, then he let out a smile. "Thanks." she said.

 

 

The two went outside and sat on the bench. They were both quiet for awhile. "So, I heard Yu Meng went to the office a while ago..." he began. Sunnee nodded her head. "She's the brand ambassador for The Digital Bear." she said. Then, Wes scoffed. "Figures... My cousin had been chasing that girl for a long time." he said.

 

 

Sunnee looked at him with a confused expression. "They've known each other for a long time?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. They went to the same college abroad." Wes said. "University of Victoria in Canada?" she asked Wes nodded her head. "But they've known each other longer than that. The Lais are a close family friend. Wait, how come you know where my cousin went for college? Oh, nevermind..."

 

 

Sunnee let out a sigh. "I've known Yu Meng since high school. We're best friends." she confessed. Wes nodded his head. "Oh, I see. That's good. Especially how events are turning out. I he said. There was another confused look from her. "What do you mean?" she asked. "Well, knowing how my cousin is madly in love with her, seems like he will pursue her this time. He brought Yu Meng home yesterday to meet the chairwoman. She's so fond of her, and seems like she approves of her for Dylan. Since she's planning to settle her, I know Dylan will take this chance to court her." Wes said.

 

 

Wes watched as her expression turned to a sad one. As she turned away from him, he let out a smirk. "He... will... Court her?" she asked. Wes nodded his head. "Most likely." he affirmed. She let out another sigh. "Oh..." she said sadly.

 

 

Next, Wes made his move. He slid closer to her, and put his arm around her shoulder." It would be fun. Imagine, your best friend and chief finally together." he said. Sunnee looked at him sadly. "Do you really think they will be together?" she asked. Wes nodded his head.

 

 

Then, he cupped her chin, and turned her to face him. "Don't be sad... I'm here for you. If you feel jealous of how close they are, we can be that close too." he said. "Really?" she asked. Wesnodded her head. "I can make you happy too." he said. He leaned to kiss her, but Sunnee slapped him. "Thanks, but no, thanks!" she shouted angrily. She stood up, and stomper away from him. Wes nursed his pained cheek as he watch her." Oh, don't worry little pineapple. You'll need my help soon."

 

 

--

 

 

Sunnee closed the lid of her laptop and decided to head home. Then, she heard her phone bup She looked at it, and saw a message from Dylan. She let out a sigh, and decided to ignore it. Then, her phone rang. She looked at it, and Dylan was calling her. She decided to reject his phone call. She stood up and gathered her bag. Her phone rang again. She let out a sigh, deciding to ignore it.

 

 

"Why aren't you answering my call?"

 

 

Sunnee froze inher place. Her phone is still ringing. She looked back, and saw Dylan standing with the phone on his ear. "Chief... I..."

"Didn't I tell you to call me Dylan when we're alone?"

"Stop calling my phone. We're already talking face to face."

 

 

Dylan ended the call, then walked towards her. "I was worried about you. When you came back from your break, you looked gloomy." he said. Sunnee gave him a faint smile. "I'm... I'm OK. Maybe I'm not feeling well." she said. His expresion turned into a worried one. He put the back of his hand on her forehead to check her warmth. As he did that, she stared at his face. Seeing him worried about her made her a little happy. "Hmmm...you seem a little warm... Let me take you home, ok?" he said.

 

 

Sunnee shook her head. "It's Ok. I-"

 

 

"Sunnee?"

 

 

They looked at the door, and saw Aaron looking for her. "Ge, I'm here." she said. Then, she turned to Dylan. "I have to go. See you tomorrow." she told him. Then, she and Aaron left the office.

 

 

As soon as the siblings were in the car, Aaron noticed the sad look on her face. "Don't tell me I didn't warn you about falling for him.." he said. She gave him a faint smile. "I'll be fine, Ge. Nothing I can't handle..."

 

 

--

 

 

"So, I read the contract, and it seems like a good platform." Kai Cheng told his father. His father nodded his head. "The decision is yours, son. I trust you." he said. Kai Cheng smiled at him.

 

 

"By the way, Kai.. how's Mei Mei ? I passed by the studio, and its already close." he asked. Kai Cheng let out a smile. 'She got a new job, based on what I know."

"Kai, tell Mei Mei to come visit me..."

"Ill try to find time to tell her."

 

 

Then, his father looked closely at him. "Kai... you have not told her, right?" he asked. His face turned red. "Dad..." he protested. The old man let out a laugh. "Just tell Mei Mei I want to see her, ok?" he said. Kai Cheng nodded his head.