Pineapple Meets Bear

By Your Side

He leaned on his chair as he lifted the papers to read. "Yang Chao Xing..." he said. Then, he took another paper on his table. "Yang Yun Qing..." he read aloud. He looked at the two documents, and let out a laugh. He placed the paper on his table again as he grabbed his glass of whiskey. "Too bad, Zi Qi couldn't remember who you are..." he said to himself.

 

He took a sip, and stared at the papers again. "I wonder why you accepted the job at The Digital Bear? Do you know what I also know?" he asked. He put his glass down, and leaned on his chair. "I wonder if the Chairwoman knows you hired someone from your past, Zi Qi. Do you even know who she is? Oh, I forgot that you have forgotten..." he said. Then, he let out a smirk. "But don't worry, I'll keep a close eye on the two of you. This would be interesting." he told himself as he grabbed his whiskey to drink.

 

--

 

"Guys, look at this!"

 

Mei Yun said excitedly as she looked at her computer. Everyone came to her computer, and saw the high traffic on Pastel's web site. "Our online magazine is a success!" she said. Everyone cheered upon hearing that. "I can't believe we did it!" Xuan Yi said. "I guess I better check the server so there won't be a downtime." Simon said before rushing back to his workstation.

 

"I can't believe it..." Amber said. Sunnee nudged her. She smiled as Amber looked at her. "All thanks to your bright ideas." she said. Amber smiled at her. Just then, Dylan and Evan got inside the office. "Good morning! Coffee for everyone." Evan said. He handed Sunnee her cup of coffee. "What's the fuss?" Dylan asked. Before anyone could answer, phones started to ring. The sales and marketing team had to answer the calls, leaving Sunnee to answer him. "We had a high traffic for Pastel. It's a hit!" she said.

 

Upon hearing that, Dylan let out a smile. "Really?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. "And we're getting request for ad placements now." Amber said while still on the call. "Then, this calls for a celebration. Lunch is on me today." Dylan said. "We should probably start planning on the next issue, because we're getting good feedback." Megan said before answering another call. "After our celebration, let's start on planning the next issue. Good job, team, and thank you for making this possible." he said. Then, he looked at Sunnee and smiled at her. "And thank you for helping it be successful." he said.

 

Sunnee blushed as he looked at her, She let out a giggle as she scratched. "No problem. I work for you. Also, it's a team effort." she said. He smiled, and pinch her cheek. "Good job, Sunnee." he said before letting her go. She watched him as he walked towards his office. Her cheek turned pink, then she touched the part of her cheeks that Dylan pinched. "Boss? Why are you blushing?" Win asked as he gave her a teasing smile. She slowly turned to him, her eyes turned from angry one. "You really want to die a slow and painful death?" she hissed at him. Scared for his life, Win slowly walked away from her, and join the others. 

 

--

 

"Congratulations, everyone. Also, good job to all of you!"

 

Dylan said, making a toast to everyone. That afternoon, they celebrated the success of Pastel's first issue. "Good job to us!" everyone cheered before drinnking their champagne. "I promise you guys, as long as we hit our target for Pastel and for all our online platforms, I will give everyone a bonus." he added. Everyone cheered again upon hearing that. "Chief, you should stay true to your promise. We assure you, we'll all work hard for the success of The Digital Bear." Megan told him. Dylan simply smiled at her. "When did I break a promise? As long as you did a good job and work hard, you all will be rewarded." he said.

 

Meanwhile, Win nudged Sunnee. Sunnee looked at him, and saw a grin on his face. "You'll be able to buy that new camera you want. Plus, Aaron Ge's new sneakers." he said. Sunnee smiled and nodded her head. "Zhong Ji S4E34-1102 would be mine!" (A/N can't think of a good camera name so have to improvise.) Upon hearting that, Dylan looked at her. "That's the camera she recommended to me. She must really like it a lot. But it's a very good camera though..." he thought. Then, he smiled to himself.

 

Their celebration ws interrupted when a familiar villain came inside the office. Wes clapped his hand as he walked inside The Digital Bear's office. "Wow, early celebration for a premature success, huh?" he asked sarcastically at him, Sunnee could only glare at him, She was about to walk up to him and curse at him, when Evan stopped her. Chief's assistant smiled politely at the Director. "I'm glad you could come to join us in our celebration, Director Luo." he said in a polite tone. Wes could only smirk at him.

 

Dylan walked up to his cousin, and looked sternly at him. "What are you doing here, Wes?" he asked. Wes smiled at him. "Checking to see how The Digital Bear is holding up so far. Sure, there's this initial success for Pastel. But for how long?" he contested. Then, he looked at Sunnee and smiled. "Hello, Sunnee. I'm letting you know i still have the position for you at the publishing house, if you're still interested." Wes told her. Sunnee smiled sweetly at him at first, and then suddenly changed her expression into an irritated one. "Thanks, but no thank. I'm staying here." she told him.

 

It's Dylan's turn to smirk at Wes. But he knows Wes won't let it pass without getting what he wants, and that is to annoy him. "Do you know why my cousn hired you, Sunnee?" he asked. "Because i'm good at what i'm doing." Sunnee answred confidently. "There is an ulterior motive in you being hired, do you know that? Do you know who Dylan really is?" Wes asked.

 

Sunnee gave him a confused look, while Dylan gaped at what Wes was saying. He could not probably tell his secret identity to his idol, right? Before Wes could say another word, Dylan grabbed Wes' hand, and dragged him out of the office. "What was that about?" Xuan Yi asked. "Chief has a secret identity?" Megan asked. Win, on the other hand, was trying to figure it out. Then, it finally hit him. "Digital Bear, Dylan Xiong, Xiong means bear too... Ah!" he said. Everyone looked at him, even Sunnee. "Chief likes bears!" Win announced. There was a collective dismayed sighs around him.

 

"Of course he likes bears." Evan said, smiling at Win. "Of course, Xiao Xiong loves bears..." Sunne thought. Then, Win leaned over Sunnee to whisper to her. "Maybe he knows who Big Fluffy Bear is..." he said. Sunnee gave him a look of disbelief. "Are you serious?" she asked. "Just a wild guess. Maybe he also knows who he is. But it's up to you to find out." Win said. Sunnee looked at the door for a long time. Then, she shoved her glass to Win, and decided to follow Dylan and Wes.

 

--

 

Dylan dragged Wes to an empty hallway, where no one could hear them. "Scared that your little pineapple will know the truth about you?" Wes mocked him. Dylan grabbed his collar, and glared at him. "Why can't you mind your own business?" he asked. "Because it's fun. It's fun making you angry this way."

"i don't know how you found out about me, but just shut up, all right?"

"You still don't know me, my dear cousin. You forgot how I love making your life miserable."

 

Dylan let go of him, and pushed him away. "Even if the Chairwoman named you as her heir ad successor, that won't stop me. I know all your dirty secrets, Zi Qi. I know how you secretly pursued your hobby even if the Chairwoman told you not to. I've investigated you. I had you followed by my men. I know every move you make, and I'm just waiting for you to make a mistake, and everything you have now will be mine." Wes told him. Dylan lowered his head as he listened to him. "That's how you found out about how i know Sunnee?" Dylan asked. Wes nodded her head. "You do adore that little pineapple, huh? Your... teacher..." Wes said.

 

Dylan looked up at him with an angry expression on his face. "You're despicable!" he said. Wes let out a laugh. "I've been called worst." Wes answered. "What do you want?" Dylan hissed at him. "Simple. The truth. Tell her who your really are. Tell her why you hried her? It's not just because she's a talented pphotographer, it's more than that. Tell her how you want to be close to her. She's the only friend you have right now, right? Tell her who you are." Wes said.

 

He was both confused and scared at the same time. Confused, becuse he doesn't know why Wes was asking that, when he could ask for something more. Scared, because he does not know if he could do it, or what Sunnee's reaction will be. One thing's for sure, he's scare to lose her as a friend if she found out he is the Big Fluffy Bear she's talking to online.

 

"Chief, Director?"

 

The two men looked, and saw Sunnnee standing before them. Wes let out another smirk. "Speaking of the devil. Here she is. Should I tell her?" Wes askd. Sunnne was more confused. "Tell me what?" she asked. "The truth about Chief." Wes said as he looked at his cousin. Then he turned to her again. "I think you know who he is even before you met him." Wes said.

 

Sunnee was taken aback by what he said. "Oh no, does he know that I already know that he's Xiao Xiong? Does the director know I accepted this job so I can be close to him? Does he know I came to the same orphanage as he did?" she thought. She looked at Dylan, then back at Wes. She tried to keep her cool, even if she feels nervous. "W-what do you mean?" she asked. Dylan looked up at Wes. As he slowly opened his mouth, he knew he had to stop him, or tell Sunnee first what Wes had to say. "He's-"

 

"I'm Big Fluffy Bear!"

 

Dylan blurted. Sunnee's jaw dropped. Wes looked at him with disbelief, but secretly, he smiled. "Finally." Wes said with relief. Then, Dylan bowed at Sunnee. "Teacher, I'm sorry,. I didn't want to deceive you. I just want to be close to you in real life so I hired you. But of course, I also hired you because you have a good eye. I want us to be friends not just online, but in real life too." Dylan said in one go. 

 

After hearing Dylan's explanation, Sunnee let out a smile. "I really know you love me, you fluffy bear!" she said.

 

--

 

Wes took his phone and dialed his number. "Director Han. By know you must have heard the news about The Digital Bear. Can you reconsider, and support them? Please, I know you're one of the biggest an influential stockholders of Solana, but you see, my cousin is working hard for this business venture. You heard his explanation during the last meeting, and let's admit it, he's right. Yes, the publishing house is planning on that route, and we'll also need the help of The Digital Bear if we want that to happen. Please, do reconsider your decision about their funds."

 

He heard the positive reply from the person on the other line, and he smiled. "Thank you. Then, let's announce it on the next board meeting. Also, can you please keep this a secret. Yes, I still don't want Dylan to know that I'm secretly supporting him. Thank you Director Han."