In Disguise

By Your Side

[Flashback]

 

"Xiao Xiong, where are we going?"

 

Xing Xing asked as Xiao Xing lead her towards the old building of the orphanage. "Just trust me, OK?" the boy said with a smile. They stopped in front of the old building, and Xiao Xiong looked at her. "Open the door." he told her. Xing Xing pouted at him. "You didn't put anything to scare me, right?" Xiao Xiong let out a laugh. "Silly girl... why would I do that. Just open the door." he said. 

 

Xing Xing slowly opened the door. It was pitch black inside. "Nothing'os here, Xiao Xiong..." she said. "Look up." Xiao Xiong told her. She looked up the ceiiling, her eyes widened upon seeing the glow in the dark stars on it. "Wow! Xiao Xiong, look there are stars!" she said. Then, Xiao Xiong turned the light switch on, and fairy lights finally lit up te room. 

 

"Happy birthdy to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday dear Xing Xing,

Happy birthday to you"

 

Xing Xing turned around, and saw Xiao Xing holding a cupcake with a small candle lit up. "Happy birthday Xing Xing!" Xiao Xiong said. She smiled happily at him. "Oh, Xiao Xiong, you shouldn't have. But that you for the surprise." she said. "Of course, I want to make my best friend the happiest today. Now, make a wish." he said. 

 

Xing Xing clasped her hand and closed her hand. "My birthday wish is to be forever be best friends with Xiao Xiong, and that he will always remember me, no matter what." she said. With that, Xiao Xiong let out a laugh. "Silly girl, there're no way I will ever forget you. Now, blow the candle so you wish will come true." he said. 

 

She opened her eyes, and then blew the candle, hoping her wish will come true."

 

--

 

"Happy birthdy to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday, dear Sunnee

Happy birthday to you!"

 

Both Win and Aaron sang off-key. Sunnee covered her eyes to spare her ears from their awful singing. "Are you two drunk?" she asked. "Hey, at least we made an effort to sing to you. Now, make a wish." Aaron scolded her. Sunnee let out a sigh.  "First wish, more money. Second wish, for my brother to find a girlfriend." she said. 

 

Aaron smiled at what she said. "Thank you my cute little baby sister." he said. "As for my third wish..." She closed her eyes to make  wish. After a few seconds, she opened her eyes and blew the candles on her cake. "I wonder what little sister's wish is..." Aaron said. "Ah! I think I know, Aaron ge!" Win sai. Aaron gave him a curious look,. "What is it?" he asked. Win let out a playful smile. "For Chief to be her boyfriend!" he said.

 

The two gave each ther a high five and laughed, much to her annoyance. "You two..." she hissed at him. Aaron gave her a smirk. "You didn't know I know you're with that little bear the whole night last night, huh? Overtime my ." he snapped at her. "So what if Iom with him?" she said defensively. Aaron and Win gasped with disbelief. 

 

"B-boss... d-did you... do 'that' with him?" Win asked. An angry tick formed in her head. "No! You ert, I'll ship your dead body to Japan!" she shouted angrily. "I don't mind you spending a night with a guy, but you should be ready for the consequence, and he should be responsible." Aaron said. Sunnee could not believe what her brother just said. "Ge! I'm not like that! We just went out to have dinner, OK?" she explained. Aaron let out a smile. "If you say so..." he said. Then, he put some icing on his finger, and put on her face, making her more annoyed. "Ge!" she shouted. She did the same to get back at him. 

 

Aaron just let out a laugh. "All right, just eat your pineapple cake, cute little baby sister. Happy birthday." he said as he kissed her on the forehead.

 

--

 

"Chief, here's your schedule for today."

 

Evan said as soon as Dylan settled down at his desk. "At 9 AM you have a meeting with the directors. At 11 AM, you have a meeting with the investors for The Digital Bear. At 1 PM.."

 

Dylan could only sigh as he listened to him. He's used to have a busy day ahead of him, but this time, his day hasn't started and yet he already felt exhausted. "All right, thank you, Evan." he told him. His assistant nodded and excused himself before leaving his office. He leaned on his chair, and let out a sigh. "I'm so tired..." he said to himself. He sat without doing anything on his desk for a long time, when he decided to get out of his office.

 

Meanwhile, Sunnee was at the rooftop, drinking her coffee. She decided to take a break for a while, before she starts with her work. Just then, she saw Dylan walking towards her. "Chief?" she called. Dylan smiled at her. "Good morning, Sunnee. I didn't know you'll be here." he said. "Just taking a quick break before starting with work. How about you?" she asked. "Same. Taking a breather before I start working,." he said.

 

He let out a sigh. From the wy he looks, Sunnee could tell he'os tired. "Are you all right?" she asked. "Just a little tired..."

"A little? You looked like you've fought a thousand soldiers, and it'os just morning!"

"Do I really looked that stressed?"

 

Sunnee nodded her head. "You should take a break once in a while. You know what they say, all work and no play makes Dylan a dull boy." she said. "If you could have a day of vacation, what will you do?" he asked. Sunnee paused to think for a while. "Hmmm... I'll probably go to this amusement park. It has a zoon and a vast garden. There's also a big mansion on it. I'll take a lot of pictures, and ride my favorites ride there. Then, I'll go to all cafe and eat the best pastries. Then, I'll go on a road trip throughout the city." she said. 

 

Dylan thught for a while, then he stared at her. Sunnee became confused at him. She became even more confused when he smiled. "Wht are you thinking?" she asked. "Do you trust me?" he asked her. "Of course, I trust you." she said. Then, he held out his hand. "Come with me." he said. This made Sunnee even more confused. "Just trust me, OK?"

 

Sunnee stared at him for a while. Then, she held his hand. "I trust you." she said with a smile. Before she knew it, Dylan pulled her away from the rooftop. 

 

--

 

Sunnee found herself at the studio of The Digital Bear. She stood as she watched Dylan rummage through the outfits they used during the photoshoot. "What are you looking for, Chief?" she asked. "Something we can use for disguise."

"Disguise for what?"

"We're skipping work today."

 

Sunnnee's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Are you serious?" she asked. Dylan stopped, and looked at her. "You said it yourself. All work and no play makes Dylan a dull boy." he said with a smile. "The break I was thinking is you going on a week's vacation, not us ditching work..."

"Still, the same. Anyway, it's just one day we're skipping work, right. Besides..."

 

He then handed her a hanger with white crop-top shirt and jumper shorts on it. "Don't you want to skip work and go on a break today too?" he said. She looked at him, then at the dress. "As long as I can spend the whole day with him...." she thought. She let out a sigh as she took the dress from her hand. "All right, I get your point. But, why do we need to dress up?" she asked.

 

"So nobody will notice we skipped work today." he said. She helped Dylan find something to wear. He found a jumper pants and white shirt, almost smilar to what he handed her. "Here you go. This goes well with what I'm going to where." she said, handing it to him. "Hmmm... a couple outfit would be fine. Let's get changed." he said. Sunne nodded her head, and they both went to different changing stations.

 

After a few minutes, they both came out, wearing different clothes. Sunnee felt awkwards, as sheos not used to wearing crop top shirts or even shorts that goes above her knees. "I feel awkward with the shirt..." she said. "But you look cute. And y. And pretty." he said. With that, Sunnee blushed. "But we need more disguise so no one will find us." he said. He noticed a long, pink, curly wid on the table. He immediately grabbed it, and put it on Sunnee. 

 

"Almost there... but we need to be more sure..." he said as he thought. "Ah! I know!" she said. On the table, she grabbed an eyeliner, and looked at herself in the mirror as she put a mole just below her eye. She then turned to Dylan. "Perfect!" Dylan said. "Now, how can we disguise the fluffy bear..." Sunnee said. She walked around him, then she noticed an eyeglasses on the table. "I think I know how..." she said. She grabbed the eyeglasses, and put it on him. Then, she ruffled his very neat hair. 

 

"Hey!" he protested. "Come on, just this once." he said. Dylan just pouted as she styled his hair. "There you go. You look like a cute nerd." she said with a laugh. Then, she grabbed a cap from the table. "Bring this with you, just in case." she said. Dylan nodded her head. "So, shall we go?" he asked. Sunnee nodded her head. Then, he held her hand as they ran out of the studio.

 

--

 

Wes barged into the office and looked around. Evan immediately noticed him, and walked up to him. "Director..." he said nervously. "Cheif knew there is an important meeting with the board today. Where is he?" he asked. Evan could only lower his head. "You don'ot know where your boss is?!" he asked in a loud tone. "I've been trying to reach chief, but..."

 

Wes let out a sigh. "All right. I'll do my best to have the meeting cancelled. Take care of his other engagements today, but there's one thing that we have to be wary about..." he said. Evan looked up at him. "The Chairwoman might be looking for him." Wes added. "I'll try to reach Chief. Don't worry, Director." Evan said. As Wes was about to leave, she heard someone talk.

 

"Where is Sunnee?"

 

Then, Wes let out a smile. "I don't know, I can't reach her." she heard another said. "Ah... I think I know where he is..." Wes thought. Then, he took his phone and dialled a number,. "Director Huang, yes please cancel the meeting. I know, but Dylan is not feeling well right now. Thank you." he said as he leaves the office.