Don't Make A Pineapple Angry

By Your Side
"I want pineapple cake :("
 
Dylan looked at Little Pineapple's post. He smiled to himself, resisting the urge to laugh. "Teacher, you're a pineapple cake." he commented under her post. Then, she replied to him. "Fluffy Bear, I want a pinepple cake... uwu..." she commented. "Then, just wait a little bit, all right?" he commented back at him.
 
"Chief, what do you think of the plan for the Tai Yang Mall?" he heard one of the managers asked. He looked up at the screen, and nodded his head. "Go ahead with the plan." he said. "But, do you think it's too soon for an expansion?" Wes asked. Dylan looked at him. "Look, with the numbers we have for the mall, the expansion is not feasible as of the moment." he explained. "But this expansion had been a plan for a long time." Dylan said. Wes nodded in agreement to what he said. "True. But that was before online shopping was not a thing. Given the low sales of the stores and to the diminished foot traffic, I don't think this should be a priority for now." Wes said.
 
Dylan let out a sigh. "Then, what do you suggest, Director Luo?" he asked. "Let's focus on increasing the foot traffic and to make the people come to the mall instead. If we see that there is still a need for the expansion, then let's do that." Director Luo said. "I second Director Luo's suggestion." another director, said. Wes let out a smile as he looked at him. "Also, why are we expanding the mall if we have the online shopping platform, care of The Digital Bear, right?" Wes said.
 
Dylan glared at him. "Those are two different entities for our company." he explained. "True. But, two opposing entities. One's physical. The other's digital. We can only choose one to expand. And I understand that your priority right now is The Digital Bear. So, why approve the expansion for the mall?" Wes said. "Weren't you the one who opposed the funds for the online magazine?" Dylan asked. Wes nodded his head. "True. Why the need for that at all? It will just be a waste of resources, right?" Wes said. Everyone seemed to agree with Wes.
 
"Look, if we're all going digital, you're going to hit on some of our business. The publishing house, the mall.... maybe you should rethink what should be done on  The Digital Bear instead." Wes told him. Then, it was Dylan's to smirk. "The online magazine is just a way to promote what The Digital Bear can do. Pastel is being launched as a way to promote it." Dylan said. Then, he stood up from his chair, and walked around the room.
 
"Everything is digital nowadays. After all, it's 2020s, right? We have social medias, online games, everything online. This is a very lucrative business. Yes, it will hit some of our businesses, but do you know what our digital arm can do? It can help the stores in the mall to be promoted by offering online stores. It will help the publishing house create an online versions of their books and magazines. It will help our current businesses, and most of all, it will help our future businesses. And, not giving funds to Pastel isn't an issue at all. Do your know how viral things can go once it's on the internet?" he explained.
 
Everyone hushed as he speaks. They realized Dylan maybe doing something much greater for the company. He stopped in front of them, and then looked at Wes with a smirk. "And with that, I guess I would like to thank the board for not approving the additional funds. We can prove that we made the right decision in putting up The Digital Bear, with or without your help." he said.
 
Then, they all fell silent. Dylan just smiled at them. "That's it. Thank you for attending today's meeting, and let's all meet on the next board meeting next month." he said. Wes could only glare at him as he walked out of the room. As soon as he stepped out, Evan followed him.
 
"Evan, please order a box of pineapple cake, and send it to Sunnee. Make a note that it's from Big Fluffy Bear." he told him. Evan nodded his head. "Anything else you'd like to say on the note?" he asked. Dylan stopped, and looked at him. "Tell her she's the sweetest pineapple, and that she's my favorite." Dylan said. Evan just nodded his head. "I'm on it, Chief." Evan said.
 
What didn't know is that behind them, Wes was following them and he was listening to their conversation. "Big Fluffy Bear, huh? You still didn't tell her?" he told himself. Then, he let out a smirk as an idea struck him.
 
--
 
"Delivery for Miss Sunnee Yang!"
 
The delivery man said as he walked inside the office. Sunnee stood up from her desk, and ran up to him. "Who is it from?" she asked him. The delivery man shrugged his shoulders. "I'm not sure, Ma'am." he said. She signed the receipt, and then took the box from him. As she placed it on her desk, she took out the note attached to it, and read it.
 
"Little Pineapple,
 
These cakes are sweet, but not as sweet as you. You're the sweetest pineapple in the world :)
 
Love,
Big Fluffy Bear
 
P.S.
 
You're my favorite."
 
His note made her smile. She was in cloud nine as she read it, that she didn't realize Win already opened the box, and ate a piece of the pineapple cake. It was too late for her to catch it. "Hey! Who told you to eat my pineapple cake?!" she scolded him. "Just a piece, boss. Anyway, these tastes so good. Also, haven't you realized, your fluffy bear had been delivering to our office instead of your house?" he asked. Sunnee gave him a confused look. "So?"
"So, did you tell him where you work?"
"No."
"So, how did he know where you work?"
 
Sunnee paused for a while. "How did that bear knew where I work?" she asked herself. "We didn't post anything on the website of Polaris when we announced we're closing, right?" Win said. Sunnee nodded his head. "Do you even have a LinkedIn account, where you updated your resume?" Win asked. "I don't have a LinkedIn account."
"Did you update your online portfolio?"
"I don't even  have time to update that because of work."
"Any of your social media accounts that he followed?"
 
Sunnee immediately rushed to the computer to check on her social media pages. Aside from some tagged pictures of her from Mei Yun and Xuan Yi, there is no clue as to where she works. "I don't have anything here..." she told Win. Win scratched his chin as he took another piece of the cake. "Then, I think Big Fluffy Bear is not just a fan... he's an obsessed fan..." he said. Sunnee's eyes widened upon hearing that. "Maybe he's stalking you!" Win said.
 
Dylan, who just got in, heard what Win said. He sweat dropped upon hearing what he said. "I'm not a stalker! I'm just a fan!" he thought. Then, he cleared his throat as he walked towards there. "Hello, Sunnee and Win." he greeted them. "Oh, hello, Chief! Have some pineapple cake." Sunnee offered him. "Thanks, but I'm good. Did you buy this?" he asked. "A friend sent it to me." she said with a smile.
 
Dylan smiled to himself upon hearing her answer. "She treats me as a friend..." he thought. "Is this good?" he asked her. Win gave his boss a thumbs up. "The best pineapple cake I've tasted. I can eat the whole box." he said. Realizing that it was Win eating the cake he sent her, an angry tick formed on his head. "Oh, but remember to save some for Sunnee since her friend sent it to her." he said. Win nodded his head. "I'll catch you two later." he told them. Sunnee and Win just nodded their heads. He went to his own office, and the moment he closed the door, he leaned on it, and sighed.
 
"Do I really look like a stalker if I send her my gift at the office? But I don't even know where she lives. Would it be more suspicious if I send it here or to her brother's cafe? I just want to give her something that can make her smile, is that bad?" he asked himself. Then, he massaged his temple as think of a way not to look like a stalker and an obsessed fan.
 
--
 
Sunnee bought a coffee at the nearby coffee shop that afternoon. As she's waiting for her order, Wes approached her. "Hi." he greeted her with a smile. She remembered him from the last time, so she politely smiled at him. "Hello." she said. "How are you, Sunnee? I hope my cousin's not making things hard for you." Wes said.
 
Sunnee could only give him a curious look. "Sorry, I was not able to introduce myself the last time. I'm Wes Luo, Dylan's cousin. I'm part of the board of directors and manages the publishing house." he said as he extended his hand. "Oh, Director Luo. Sorry, I wasn't aware Chief's your cousin. I'm-"
"Sunnee Yang. You used to own Polaris Studios, but had to close it when my cousin hired you, right?"
"Yes, that's right... it's part of my contract."
 
Then, Wes smiled at her. "I heard Polaris Studios is doing well. Why did you have to close it down? I know it's part of your contract, but you can bargain with Chief." Wes said. "I guess it's good this way. At least I can focus on only one work." she said. "But, it would be nice to have a backup plan, right? Especially since The Digital Bear is still unstable..." Wes said.
 
Sunnee didn't like the way Wes spoke about their company. "Excuse me, but what do you mean?" she asked. "Honestly, Dylan is not that a good leader. Not all of his plans were approved by the board. Sometimes, he just do as he pleases, and it irks most of them. But because Chairwoman sides with him, he gets away with it. Also, I heard from those who were under him before that he's the worst boss ever. " Wes said. This didn't sit well with her.
 
Sunnee faked a smile to him. "Honestly, The Digital Bear is stable. We have growing pains, which business doesn't? All we need right now is support." she said. Then, Wes let out a smirk. "Well, I can give you support. If The Digital Bear fails and closes. I'm still looking for a talented photographer for our publishing house. The slot is yours." he said.
 
She simply turned away from him as she took her coffee from the counter. "Well, how about I make you an offer. Let me double what you're getting right now. Why don't you work for me instead? I promise I'm a better boss than Chief." he said. Sunnee faked a smile as she turned to him again. "Thanks, but my loyalty lies to where I am right now." she said. As she walked to leave, she stomped on his left foot, making him flinch in pain. Then, she turned to him, and smirked. "Sorry about that. Maybe you shouldn't be in other people's way, or business, right?" she said. Wes could only grit his teeth as he looked at her.
 
"Oh, I'll make sure you'll need me, Sunnee." he said under his breath.