Baby Girl

By Your Side

The lady all clad in black stopped in front of his grave. Then , she put the bouquet of white lilies on his tombstone. She knew it was his favorite, just like as he remembered. He always tell her, white lilies will always remind him of her. White lilies have been their favorite, and has been a symbol of their love. 

 

"It's been awhile, my love..." she whispered with a smile. "I thought there would be a time I'd see you... but... not this way..." she said. A tear fell from her eye as she looked away. "I hope you had forgiven me... for abandoning you... and for keeping the truth from you. I... I don't want to make like more complicated than it is..." she said. 

 

She wiped at tear, and let out a smile.  "But now, I'm back and I'm going to make things right. I'll find her, my love. I will find her, I promise." she said. Then, she let out a bitter smile as she clenched her fist. "And I will finally have my revenge on the woman who ruined everything for me."

 

--

 

"Welcome to -"

 

Aaron stopped as he looked at the door. A familiar face walked inside the cafe, smiling on his way. "Hebe! the usual?" he asked. Hebe nodded her head. "The usual." she confirmed. She went to her usualy place - a seat Aaron had always reserved for her. As she was waiting for her order, she began to read to bulky books she had with him. At the same time, she was typing away on her laptop as she read. 

 

A few minutes later, Aaron came out with her usual order - rainbow sandwich and unicorn milkshake. "Here you go..." he said as he placed the food in front of her. Hebe looked up at him, and smiled. "Thanks..." she said. "Seems you're really busy, huh?" he said. Hebe nodded her head. "I've been so busy with this thesis..." she said. "Seems like whenever you're here, you're always busy and cramming. Relax, I know you can do it." Aaron said. She smiled at him. "Thanks." she said. 

 

She let out a big sigh as she leaned on her seat. "I just wanted this thesis to finish so I can get my Masters in Law..." Hebe said. "And what's your plan after finishing your Masters?" Aaron asked. Hebe's eyes lightened up. "Oh, actually, I'm planning to join this non-profit organization that helps out indigenous people, and people who were victim of domestic abuse. At the same time, I got an offer from  Lilitech Corporation. The offer is really good... but my heart really goes to the other organization..." Hebe said excitedly. "Then, go for the one that you are passionate about." Aaron said. 

 

Hebe nodded her head. "I studied law because I want to help people who are oppressed to get justice. Being a corporate lawyer may pay well... but my heart says to help people..." she said. "Then, go for helping people." Aaron told her. Hebe let out a sigh. "I wish it's as easy as that. Dad says I should be a corporate lawyer. And being picked by  Lilitech Corporation is a once in a lifetime chance. If I chose to work for them, then I don't think I would be able to help..." 

 

Aaron smiled at her. "Well, it's your life to live. Are you going to let them dictate what you have to do with your life? If it's your passion to help others, then go for that non-profit organization." he said. With that, Hebe smiled at him. "Thank you, Aaron. You know, talking to you eases up all my worries. Thank you." she said. "Then, I won't disturb you. I hope everything goes well for your thesis." Aaron said. With that, Hebe nodded her head. 

 

--

 

"Chief, the representative from Qingxin Incorporated is here." Evan informed his boss. Dylan looked at him, and nodded his head. "All right. Please bring them to the conference room. And make sure to make them feel at home." Dylan instructed him. Evan nodded his head. 

 

After speaking to him, Evan then lead the two people from Qingxin Incorporated to the conference room. It was at the same time that Win and Sunnee came back from quick break. "Hey, am I imagining things or is that Sylvia?" Win asked. "You must be imagining things. I'm pretty sure Sylvia's busy at work." Sunnee said. Win just nodded his head, and they both went to their desk.

 

"Ms. Wen, Mr. Xu, please wait awhile. Chief is finishing some thing, and will join us shortly." Evan told the two. "Ah, I guess Chief was not informed that my time is very important. If he will not be here in 10 minutes, then we shall take our leave." Kai told Evan. Evan could only smile at them. Sure enough, it's true that the Xu heir does not like having his time wasted, not even for a minute. "How about a cup of coffee while we wait for Chief?" Evan asked. "I prefer iced coffee. And... Sylvia?" Kai asked. "If you have lemon soda, that would be great." Sylvia said. Evan nodded his head. 

 

As soon as Evan left the room, Sylvia nudged Kai hard, making him flinch. "You're being so difficult, Kai!" she said. "What? They need us. Not the other way around. I can be difficult." Kai said proudly. Sylvia could only roll her eyes at her boss. "Spoiled brat..." Sylvia muttered under her breath. 

 

A minute later, Evan came back with iced coffee and lemon soda for them. A few seconds later, Dylan finally arrived. "Sorry to keep you waiting, Mr. Xu and Ms. Wen. And welcome to The Digital Bear." Dylan said. The of them stood up, and shook his hand. "It's OK. Mr. Xiong. It's just that, my boss is a little impatient." Sylvia explained, darting a glare at Kai. 

 

The three of them talked about the possible collaboration of their company with The Digital Bear. Kai had also reviewed the draft of the contract that Dylan had prepared. "I think everything looks good, and you understand what we need from The Digital Bear. However, I have a request..." Kai said. Dylan nodded his head. "Say your request. As long as we can accommodate it." Dylan said. 

 

"First, I want to be on hand with this project." Kai said. Dylan nodded his head. "I see no problem with that. You are our client, after all." Dylan said. "And second, I hope you can give me a tour of your office. I want to see how the work environment is here. Also, I want to be able to meet with your staff, since we'll be working closely with them." Kai said. Dylan smiled and nodded his head. "No problem with that. Let me give you a tour around the office." Dylan said. 

 

The all went out of the conference room, and then roamed around the office for a while, introducing Kai and Sylvia to the staff. As they were meeting and greeting the rest of the staff, someone caught Kai's eyes - it's Sunnee, who was glued on to her monitor. "As always, you're workaholic..." he thought with a smile. "Oh, and let me introduce you to our photographers." Dylan said. Kai nodded his head. "Do you really have to 'meet' her?" Sylvia whispered. Kai just ingnored her. 

 

"Mr. Xu, this is Win Kazenada and -"

"Sunnee Yang Yun Qing."

 

Sunnee heard her name being called in a stern voice. She looked up, and saw Kai smiling at him. Startled, she stood up from her seat. "Kai?!" she exclaimed. Kai let out a laugh. 'Hello, baby girl. Did you miss me?" he said. Sylvia could only cringe at them, Win laughed, and Dylan was dumbfounded at what happened. "You sneaky guy! What are you doing here?" Sunnee said happily. "Well, my company's cooperating with The Digital Bear this time. Did you miss me?" Kai asked. 

 

Sunnee smiled, and gave him a hug. "Of course, I miss you!" she said. Dylan could feel a vein popping out of his vein as he watched the two hug. "This guy... who are you in her life?" he thought angrily. After he broke their hug, Kai turned to face Dylan. "Oh, I forgot to let you know. Sunnee, is a close friend of mine since college. Same with Win, and Sylvia." Kai explained. With that, Dylan let out a sigh. "Oh... that explains the closeness..." Dylan said. 

 

Then, Sunnee turned to Sylvia. "And when have you arrived from Japan, Sylvia? You didn't even tell us?" she said. Sylvia let out a nervous laugh. "Don't blame her. She had been busy since she arrive because of this project. Give her a slack, OK?" Kai said. "Well. Mr. Xu. Shall I show you around?" Dylan asked. Kai nodded his head. Then, he turned to Sunnee. "Let's meet up soon, baby girl. OK?" he said. Sunnee smiled and nodded her head. "You know where to find me." she said. 

 

She watched as the four of them left. "But... Kai didn't acknwloedged me!" Win said with a pout. "Just get back to work, Win..." Sunnee told him. 

 

--

 

Wes was about to go to The Digital Bear's office, when he saw Dylan with the clients going around. "Ah, new client, I see. Good job, cousin..." he thought. Then, she noticed a long haired girl with them. He stared at her for a long time while they waited for the elevator. 

 

"Sylvia?" he muttered under his breath. He made a step forward to them, the elevator opened, and their group went inside. "Sylvia!" he called. He run towards the elevator, but he was too late, as it closed before him.

 

Meanwhile, Sylvia fell quiet as she got inside the elevator. She saw him again, her first love. The reason why she went to Japan in the first place. And she heard him call her name. "Wes..." she thought. Kai looked at her, worried as to why she became quiet. "Are you all right?" he asked. Sylvia faked a smile, and nodded her head. "I'm fine don't worry about me." she said. Then,he mind wandered again to the man she saw a few minutes ago. 

 

--

 

"I guess there's no need to prolong the agony, Mr. Xiong." 

 

Kai said as they went back tothe conference room. "Does that mean you'll sign the contract?" Dylan asked. Kai smiled, and nodded his head. "I liked what I saw. And the details on the contract looks good. Say, why not just sign the contract, right?" Kai said.

 

Dylan let out a smile. "Well, we're glad you made the decision to work with us, Mr. Xu. I promise, you won't regret giving us this project." Dylan said. Evan handed him the folder which contains the contract and handed it to Kai. Then, Kai immediately signed it. "Well, I'm looking forward to working with you, Mr. Xiong." Kai said. "Me to, Mr. Xu." 

"Also, working with Sunnee..."

 

With that, Dylan's smile slowly faded. "Oh... well, she's our best photographer, after all..." Dylan said. "I should know. I helped her put up her studio. I didn't realize she would chose to work for you Mr. Xiong. After all, she doesn't like anything hindering her creativity." Kai said. Dylan furrowed his brow as he looked at Kai. "What do you mean?" Dylan asked. 

 

"Mr. Xu was Sunnee's partner at her studio before he decided to focus on Qingxin. He and Sunnee share the same love for photography." Sylvia explained. "Which is why I was confused why she decided to close it down. She loves that studio. When she told me her decision, I just let her do as she please." Kai said. "You are her backer at her studio, right?" Dylan asked. Kai nodded her head. "Because I believe in her talent. I believe you share the same sentiment, since you hired her and Win, right?" Kai said. 

 

Dylan let out a sigh. "Yes. I believe in her talent, which is why we did everything we could to get her." he said. "To tell you honestly, Mr. Xiong, Sunnee is like a family to me. I hope she is being treated fairly here."

"She is, don't worry."

"Then, I'm at ease. Don't get me wrong. I didn't agree just because of her. However, she is the reason I finally decided to give you this project. Because I know how she works. And also, I'm looking forward to work with her again." 

 

Dylan looked at Kai, and the smile on his face somehow irritates him. "There will be chances to work with her but-"

"I want to be hands on. And if I have to go here every photoshoot to work with her, I'll do that. After all, she knows me well."

 

Then, he and Sylvia stood up. "We have to go. Thank you for the tour, Mr. Xiong, and for letting me see my best friend. I'm looking forward to work with you soon." Kai told him. Dylan just nodded his head as he watched them leave. 

 

"First, Wes. Now... this guy? Who the hell do you think you are in Sunnee's life?" Dylan thought angrily.

 

--