Little Pineapple, Big Bear

By Your Side

Dylan gave her a confused look, upon hearing her stomach growl. Then, he let out a laugh. "You're hungry." he said. Sunnee rubbed her belly after it growled. "Figures, I haven't even had lunch today." she said. Then, he ruffled her hair. "Silly girl, why are you starving yourself? Let's go inside, and I'll order you a big meal." Dylan said. Then, he held her hand as he lead her back inside the cafe. 

 

All the while, Sunnee stared at his back, looking at him sadly. "Xiao Xiong? Don't you remember me? It's me... Xing Xing..." she thought sadly. 

 

--

 

"Thank you for the interview, Mister Yan. I hope I can go back to your cafe someday." Xuan Yi said as they all went out of the cafe. "If you want to visit, just let Sunnee know and she'll accompany you. Or, if you want to have a food delivered to you, my cute baby little sister can deliver to you." Aaron said. Sunnee let out a fake laugh as she glared at her brother. 

 

"I really enjoyed the food. Don't worry, we'll make sure you'll get a really good review in our magazine." Dylan said. "Well, I hope you liked the bear burger." Aaron said. as he gave his sister a teasing look. "I did. It's my favorite." Dylan said. "I know you would like it. Do you know that my sister like bears. I mean the bear burger." Aaron said. 

 

Dylan turned to smile at Sunnee. "Seems like we have similarities, Sunnee." Dylan said. Sunnee could only blush at him. "I... I guess so." she said. Just then, Dylan's car stopped in front of them. "Our ride is here. Xuan Yi, we'll send you home." Dylan said. Xuan Yi nodded at him. "Thanks, Chief." she said. Evan got out of the car, and opened the passenger seat for Xuan Yi, and the back seat for his boss. "See you tomorrow, Sunnnne." Evan said as he waved at her. "Take care on your way home!" Sunnee said as she waved back. 

 

After they had gone, Sunnee turned to her brother, who had a grin on his face. "Oh, I can't wait for my new sneakers!" Aaron said before heading back inside the cafe.

 

--

 

After taking a bath, Sunnee went back to her room. She opened her phone, and as she got online, she got a notification from an account she's following. "Big Fluffy Bear has a new post, huh?" she said to herself. She clicked on the notification. It took her to Big Bear's new post, which is a picture of a sunset. 

 

"Sunsets are proof that life always give you second chances." 

 

She let out a smile as she clicked on the heart button. Then, she left a comment under his post. "Nice picture, @BigFluffyBear!" she commented on it.

 

Meanwhile, Dylan was cleaning his camera, when he heard the notification from his phone. He put his camera down, and then saw a new comment from his post from his favorite follow, Little Pineapple. He smiled as he read her comment. 

 

"@LittlePineapple, thank you! I learned from the best... you ;)" 

 

Sunnee took her phone again the moment it beeped. There was a comment reply from Big Fluffy Bear. "This bear is complimenting me again." she said. Then she decided to send him another coment

 

"@BigFluffyBear you were a good student that's why I'm happy to see your improvement."

 

While he was reading the documents on his table, his phone beeped again. He smiled, seeing another comment from Little Pineapple. 

 

"@LittlePineapple you were an inspiration and very patient with me, so thank you. It's because of you that I improved my photography skills."

 

Then, he decided to send Little Pineapple a message. "Teacher, why are you still up?" he asked. 

 

Sunnee smiled upon seeing his message. 

 

@LittlePineapple: Aiyo, don't call me teacher... I'm just someone sharing my knowledge :)

@BigFluffyBear: You are my mentor. And I'm glad you liked my sunset photo

@LittlePineapple: Of course! You are improving!

@BigFluffyBear: I've been practicing to get that perfect shot... really thank you

@LittlePineapple: See, I told you... practice makes perfect

@BigFluffyBear: But I know no matter how much I practice, I can never be as good as you. That's why I love your pictures...

@LittlePineapple: Are you sure it's my pictures you love and not me?

@BigFluffyBear: ...

@LittlePineapple: Just kidding! 

@BigFluffyBear: Hey, one day, let's meet up for coffee, OK?

@LittlePineapple: Aiyo, he's asking me on a date.. uwu

@BigFluffyBear: Goodnight!

 

Dylan placed his phone on his night stand. "Don't worry, Little Pineapple... you'll find out soon who's your number 1 fan and student." he said to himself. 

 

--

 

Sunnee yawned and then rubbed her eyes as she tried to edit her picture on the computer. "Seems like you could use some coffee..." she heard someone say. She looked up, and she saw Dylan place a cup of coffee on her desk. He winked at her before walking towards his office. 

 

Sunnee took the coffee with her two hands, and felt it's warmth on her palm before taking her first sip. "Why is the first sip so sweet?" she said to herself. "Good morning, Sunnee! Coffee for y-"

 

Evan stopped the moment he saw her with a cup of coffee on her hand. "Oh, I didn't know you already brought your own coffee...." he said. "Oh, is that for me. Don't worry, I need more coffee this morning. Thank you, Evan." she said. 

 

Evan placed the coffee on her table. "Hey, your car is already fixed. I'll pick it up tomorrow at the repair shop." Evan said. "Oh... Thank you, Evan." she said with a smile. "Then, can we go out for snacks later? My treat." Evan said. "I won't say no to free food." Sunnee said. "Then, I'll see you later.Work hard!" Evan said before he leave.

 

Then, Win slid his chair next to hers. "Wow, boss... two guys giving you coffee... Aiyo you're so pretty today!" he gushed at her. Sunnee could only give him dagger looks. "If you don't finish the edit today, you're going to be dead." she told him. Scared, Win slid his chair back to his own station. 

 

Sunnee glanced on last time at Dylan's office, and then smiled to herself, before going back to work. 

 

--

 

Evan stood in front of Dylan as he watched him sign some documents. "Are these all I need to sign?" Dylan asked him. "That will be all, Chief." Evan said. He handed back the documents to his assistant, and then looked at his watch. "What's my next appointment?" Dylan asked. Evan then put out his tablet to check on his schedule. "Your next appointment is a meeting with Mr. Chen at the Royalty Hotel at  2:30 PM." Evan informed him. 

 

Dylan looked at his watch, and realized he have four hours of free time. "Well, that's new. Are you sure that's my next appointment?" Dylan asked him again. His assistant let out a smile. "I'm sure, Chief. I arranged the meeting, and blocked this time as your free time. I heard there's a new flower garden at the nearby park." Evan said with a smile.

 

Dylan let out a smile. He stood up, and took off his coat. "Well then, don't mind if I take a quick break. You better take a break too, Evan. I'll see you before the meeting." Dylan said. "The camera bag is in your car, in case you need it. Don't worry, Lao Jin knows he needs to take care of it with his life." Evan said. He patted his shoulder before he went out of his office.

 

After a while, he looked at his watch. "Lunch time... maybe I can ask Sunnee out for lunch?" Evan asked himself. Then, he let out a smile. "I think I'll ask her out for lunch." he decided. 

 

--