Chief's Nemesis

By Your Side

[Flashback]

 

The big french door of the mansion opened, and he entered the elder woman beside him. "Welcome home, young master." The servants, who stood in line from both sides, bowed before him. He wanted to tell them not to bow before him, as he maybe one of them. He is not the young master, he know it. He knew he was taken by this elder woman to be a servant as well. 

 

"Zi Qi, this will be your new home." The elder woman said. He looked up with her with confusion. "Home?" he asked. The elder woman let out a gentle smile as he lifted her chin. "You are my grandson, after all." he said. 

 

"Chairwoman Xiong, Welcome home." The butler said as he bowed before her. "Young Master's room has been arranged. He can go up to rest if he wants to." he added. The elder woman gave him a satisfied smile. "Good work, Butler Na." he said. 

 

He looked by the stairs, and saw an older boy with a woman beside her. "So, the bastard is home..." he heard the woman say. The elder woman looked sternly at her, angry at the words that came out of . "Vivian! That is no way to talk to your sister's son!" she reprimanded her. Vivian let out a laugh as she walked down the stairs. "Whatever you say, mother. But the truth is, that boy is still a bastard." she said. She looked at him with disgust. "Looks like someone didn't take a bath today." she added.

 

He could only lower his head with her insult. "That is no way to talk to your nephew, Vivian. Especially to my heir!" Chairwoman Xiong said. Vivian gasped upon hearing that. He was just surprised as he is. The older boy walked down the stairs to face his grandmother. "That's unfair! I'm the first born son of this family, and I should be your heir!" he debated. "Maybe if you and your mother can be a little nice to Zi Qi, then maybe I can change my mind. But I am set to make Zi Qi to be my heir and successor." she said. 

 

Chairwoman Xiong held his hand, and then smiled at him. "Come on, Zi Qi. Let me show you your new room." she said. He could only nod his head as he followed her."

 

[End Of Flashback]

 

"What are you doing here, Wes?"

 

Dylan asked as soon as they were alone in his office. "Why? Can't I visit my cousin at his new office?" Wes asked. He made himself comfortable, and sat in one of seats. "Besides, I want to see what it's like here in The Digital Bear. I also have the rights to see this, you know..." he told him.

 

Dylan took a deep breath, and headed back to his desk. "I have sent the financial reports to your office. Everything is accounted for, if that's what you want." he said. Wes let out a smirk. "That's not what I want." Wes said. He stood up, and the two faced each other. "I know what you want, and there's no way I'm going to give it to you." Dylan said firmly. Wes let out a smirk, "Oh, you will. Soon." he said. 

 

Dylan furrowed his brows. "You will not get my exclusive Gundam toy model." he told him. Wes just smirked. "Let's see about that." he said. He folded his arms, and then looked outside the window. "So, from this spot, you can easily see that girl, huh?" Wes said. "Leave Sunnee out of this." Dylan said. Wes looked back at him. "She's cute. I wonder is there is a special motive why you hired her..." Wes asked as he turned to him. 

 

"From what I gathered, she's your favorite employee so far. She must be very talented, isn't she?" Wes asked. "She's one of the best photographers. And for The Digital Bear to be successful, I only hire the best." Dylan said. Wes let out a sigh as he walked towards beside him. "Or, is there something else, dear cousin? You're not defying Chairwoman with what you're doing, right?" Wes said. 

 

Dylan looked at him, and he let out an evil laugh. "I keep forgetting you've been Chairwoman's lap dog since-"

"If you don't have anything more to say, can you leave?"

"That accident."

 

Dylan glared at his cousin. Wes smiled victoriously, seeing how he was able to piss him off right away. "Let me remind you something, Zi Qi. I know things that you know. Even the things you forgot. You will need me someday." he said. He let out an evil laugh, and then got out of his office. 

 

As he was about to leave, he passed by Sunnee's desk again. Sunnee looked up at him, and he smirked again. "I will see you again, Miss Yang." he said to her. Sunnee just gave him a confused look. "Another admirer?" Win asked him.  Sunnee just sighed, and continued with her work. 

 

--

 

"Sunnee, dinner's ready!"

 

Aaron called after he placed the last dish on the table. Sunnee immediately got out of her room. Her eyes sparkled the moment she saw her favorite food on the table. "Lobster!" she said giddily. "I found a good deal at the market today. And since you've been working so hard the past few days, I decided to buy some and cook for you." Aaron told her. With that, Sunnee jumped at her brother to hug him. "You're the best and most handsome big brother in the whole wide world!" she said. "I know!" Aaron said. 

 

Sunnee and Aaron went to their seat. She put the food on her plate, and began to eat. "How's your work?" Aaron asked. "We're finalizing the first issue of the online magazine. Also we have a special section just for the cafe!" she explained. "It's not what I mean..." Aaron said. 

 

Sunnee looked at him, and saw the worried look on his face. "You're always tired. Are you happy with your work? Do you really have to close the studio for them? I know how much you love that studio. You built it with your blood, sweat, and your dear piggy bank." Aaron said. Sunnee let out a smile. "I'm happy doing what I love. That's what matters to me. Besides, we need the money to pay for dad's debt since he got sick. Also, we need the money for the cafe's expansion, right? I also want to help you pay what you loaned from the bank for the cafe." Sunnee said. 

 

"I can survive. The cafe can survive. We're doing well. All that matters to me is you. And besides, I got everything under control." Aaron said. "Ge, I'll be fine. Don't worry, OK? Someday, I will reopen my studio. But for now, I need to work hard so we can have a better life." Sunnee said. Aaron let out a smile, and ruffled her head. "Go an eat more, you need that." he said. Sunnee nodded her head, and continued to eat. 

 

Aaron just watched her, and let out a smile. "Dad, please look after my cute baby little sister for me. I really hope she made the right decision..." he thought.