Wildfire-N

Ignited Freedom

“I can’t believe they escaped in our faces.” Jeongyeon frowns and munches her cereal.

“Me neither, that pipe made of seawater was unbelievable.” Sana sighs as she rubs her face with frustration. “I don’t understand, none of them had a water quirk unless…”

“They don’t.” Mina says as she hears them from the kitchen. “They never showed that quirk, it’s either something they hid or someone helped them.”

“But didn’t the police report they were a team of four people?” Jeongyeon asks.

“Yes, that’s why is weird but nobody is perfect maybe they did a mistake.” Mina sighs and drinks a glass of water. “We have their leader at least, Wendy is trying to get some information from her but she doesn’t want to talk, I’ll help her later.”

“But is still weird isn’t it?” Sana says as she gets up from their sofa. “Why would they rob information about that energy drink? It’s a silly drink that supposedly helps your quirk, no more.”

“Maybe there’s something big behind it, and we aren’t seeing it.” Jeongyeon points. “Those papers are vital for the energy drink company, maybe they want to extortionate them and win money.”

“That’s a possibility” Mina says quietly. “I will try to approach to that CEO’s company, maybe they can tell me something useful.”

“I’ll join you, a Myoui and a Minatozaki combined should be enough pressure.” Sana smirks. “Although we decided to not use our last names’ powers, but hey, our parents won’t mind right?”

“They are always on our side, so this won’t bother them unless we make a fuss.” Mina winks.

“Speaking about last names.” Jeongyeon looks at them with an unreadable expression. “Tzuyu went to see them, right?”

Mina and the light brown-haired woman immediately stop smiling and turn serious. “Yes, her grandma…called her.”

“Well, that makes sense, Tzuyu doesn’t set foot in that house unless her grandma calls her.” The green-eyed woman says.

Sana lowers her blueish grey eyes. “I just hope she doesn’t get too angry.”

“We can only hope.” Mina whispers, her black onyx eyes filled with uncertainty

Because they know the Chou house is a very cold house and not because of their ice quirk.

----------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu looks at the enormous state before her with her greyish black orbs, filled with dullness.

Walking through the large garden, her heels click louder as she gets closer to the mansion where she spent her childhood and part of her teenage life

She never called this state, specifically the mansion now in front of her, house, because it never was it.

And it never will.

She rings the doorbell only to be welcomed by one of the house’s butlers. “Miss Tzuyu” The butler says with surprise. “Good morning, please come in.”

“Good morning.” Tzuyu smiles a little and enters to the cold mansion.

“Would you like something to drink?” The butler asks gently.

“I’m fine, thank you.” Tzuyu answers politely. “Could you tell me where-“

“She is still having breakfast.” A male voice says.

The blue grey-haired woman doesn’t need to look at the male voice owner to know who he is.

“I see.” Tzuyu answers coldly.

“Where are your manners?” The man asks with a scoff. “We-“

“Where are yours?” Tzuyu shots back and finally turns to see the tall man behind her, the only thing they share in common is the blue-grey hair.

The tense air in the house can be sensed anywhere Tzuyu’s irritated greyish black orbs challenging the man’s grey ones.

“Even if you’re an adult now, you should have respect, I’m your father after all.”

“I don’t share that idea.” Tzuyu says with a cold tone. “I don’t remember the time you gained my respect.”

“Ungrateful brat.” The man grits his teeth and the room gets colder his palms start to get icy.

Tzuyu responds with colder air, making a fist covered with ice, trying really hard to contain her emotions but her eyes never leaving the man’s eyes.

“Why do you always make our Tzu angry?” a new voice interrupting them

Tzuyu and her father immediately stop their encounter, the young woman looks aside only to feel a cold hand touching her face, meeting a pair of calm greyish black orbs.

“You’re still young, don’t let this pretty face get angry wrinkles.”

Tzuyu smiles softly and nods slowly. “Yes, Grandma Suzy.”

“So? What are your excuses this time?” The eldest of the three but looking as if she were in her 30’s, Chou Suzy, speaks to her son-in-law.

“She was being disrespectful to me!!” The man answers like a spoiled child making Tzuyu rolls her eyes. “Look at her! Just because she is a respected but disgusting hero!-“

Tzuyu feels chills going down her spine, an even strongest cold air filling the mansion, she knows, her grandma is irritated now.

“Heroes nor her are disgusting, how many times do we have to have this conversation?” Suzy speaks with a deadly cold tone.

The man doesn’t even have the guts to look at his mother-in-law’s eyes.

“The only thing why you are here, it’s because my daughter wants it, I’m not pleased with her decision, but here we are.” Suzy keeps speaking. “Leave, now.”

The man leaves like a dog with his tail between his legs, not without looking at his daughter with anger.

Tzuyu decides to ignore him and Suzy speaks again. “Let’s drink some tea.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It has always been somewhat weird for Tzuyu, her grandmother’s face and body never change, she always looks young since that’s her second quirk besides Ice.

It feels like she’s talking to some friend, leaving aside her young features, her grandma has been the only one supporting her dream and decision of becoming a hero and as the head of the Chou’s nobody could go against her, not even her parents.

“I heard the news.” Suzy speaks softly. “Were the villains powerful?”

Tzuyu bites her lips and shakes her head. “A pipe made of seawater saved them, maybe they work with more people.”

“Mina-unnie captured their leader.” Tzuyu comments quietly.

Suzy nods. “That Myoui girl is always helpful, how are they?”

“They’re okay, training and getting better with their quirks, but never too much since it’s unhealthy.”

“And you?”

“I’m…all right as always, I rarely use the ability you taught me, my muscles get sore sometimes, but nothing else.” Tzuyu smiles.

“You have to be careful with that ability.” Suzy comments. “It’s really handy especially if you fight someone who uses fire, blue fire specifically.”

Tzuyu looks at her grandma with attention. “Blue fire? Isn’t that type really weird to see?”

“It is, but there a few who can use it, especially if they’re well trained.” Suzy drinks her tea gently. “Even us who are the strongest in this family, we have our limits and enemies.”

The young woman nods and folds her hands on her lap quietly.

“I don’t see you often dear, I apologize since this is the only place we can met.” Suzy smiles sadly. “I know this house doesn’t have your warmest memories.”

“It’s all right, it hasn’t been long since you moved here.” Tzuyu speaks. “I suppose you did it because of him isn’t it?”

“Your mother is always at the company and your father was doing disasters here.” Suzy lets out a tired sigh. “Even though this is not the principal mansion, I still had to take care of it.”

“It’s nothing new.” Tzuyu chuckles quietly. “You are like the hero of this family, always repairing disasters and rescuing me…”

Suzy extends a hand putting it on Tzuyu’s hands gently. “I only did what it was correct, you had your dreams and I wanted to help.”

Tzuyu smiles warmly and takes her grandma’s hands with deep care. “And I will always be thankful.”

Suzy chuckles softly. “We’re family.”

“Yes.” Tzuyu smiles again and thinks “The only one here that I consider as one.”

“I have something to ask you, dear.” The older woman speaks.

Tzuyu already knows what is it, she only nods and waits.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Entering the house she shares with her teammates and friends she passes a hand through her hair and lets out a big sigh.

Once her friends notice her, they crush her into a big hug that makes her fall, almost.

“Wow wow, what happened?” Tzuyu chuckles.

“We were worried” Mina it’s the first one speaking. “You took longer to come back.”

“And we didn’t know if we could call you” Sana sighs.

“Or go to search for you.” Jeongyeon says quietly.

Tzuyu smiles warmly when she hears and feels her friends worry. It has always been like this since they met when they were kids, always taking care of her, always being there for her, always warming the cold house where she used to live.

“Thank you...always.” Tzuyu hugs them back with emotion and snuggles her face in their hair trying to breathe calm from them.

The three girls silently pat Tzuyu and hug her even more waiting patiently for the youngest’s words.

“She only asked me to visit the company sometimes, she gave me three months and if after that I’m not interested in at least have a low job and still be the CEO then she will stop asking.” Tzuyu informs as she separates softly from them.

“That’s not…bad I think?” Sana says with surprise. “You would be like Mina, right? The CEO and knowing a lot of things but just stopping by sometimes, in case you are interested.”

Tzuyu nods. “I honestly thought she was going to obligate me since my father is another option, but my grandma rather have me there as a “phantom CEO” than him as a total time one.”

“Well, the company is not falling because your grandma is still acting, because your mother…well.” Jeongyeon coughs.

“Yeah, the company is already falling, that’s why my grandma is…desperate for options.” Tzuyu passes and opens the fridge taking a can of grape juice. “She is also searching for top candidates but I’m her first option.”

“And what do you think?” Mina asks softly.

“Well, I have a degree on that since my parents forced me and I only finished it because it wasn’t too boring and somewhat interesting.” Tzuyu shrugs. “But still, it feels unpleasant, I have to think carefully.”

Jeongyeon, Sana and Mina share knowing looks, they know why Tzuyu feels unpleasant but since the youngest one needs time to fully talk about her feelings, they decide to tell her a few words.

“Remember we will support you nevertheless, do whatever feels comfortable for you and you only.”

-----------------------------------------------------

“How’s your hand?” Tzuyu asks as she munches a slice of pizza.

“It doesn’t hurt anymore but the oh, so pretty doctor told me to do some stretches.” Sana says with a dreamy expression.

“Jihyo?” Jeongyeon chuckles while she drinks her beer.

“She looked like an excited child in front of her, she is not even trying to be subtle.” Mina speaks as she puts a plate full of ice cream and some desserts.

“Why should I? I’m over heels for her but I know she doesn’t like me.” The light brown-haired woman grabs a bite from the ice cream and pouts.

“Maybe she does.” Jeongyeon hums.

“Or maybe not” Tzuyu teases back and laughs when Sana punches her arm. “Okay, okay, maybe she likes you just a little.”

“Every time I go to the hospital, she’s always busy, I don’t even have a chance to ask her out” Sana whines. “It’s like destiny is against me.”

“Destiny or your rare shyness?” Mina counters. “She’s always present at out weekends evaluation, but you’re too shy to ask her.”

“Oh, I don’t wanna hear that from you Myoui, you’re the shyest here.” Sana rolls her eyes playfully at the chestnut who shakes her head.

“She got a point there.” Tzuyu says as she drinks her juice and gets up. “Anyone wants something?”

“I want another pizza slice.” The blonde says.

“I want an iced coffee.” Sana smiles.

“All right, a pizza slice for Jeong-unnie and iced coffee for Sana-unnie” Tzuyu chuckles and goes to search what she and her friends want, since it’s a buffet there’s a lot of various and delicious food.

Since she can remember this buffet has been their favorite place to gather, whenever they felt sad, happy, it’s like a silent tradition for them.

Tzuyu turns to look at the table where her friends and teammates are, she notices Jeongyeon doing her playful jokes and Sana laughing along with Mina shaking her head as she laughs quietly.

The blue grey-haired woman smiles softly at the sight, it’s a sight she never wants to lose, even though she’s not very good with words, those three women are the world for her and would move heaven and earth for them.

When she comes back to their table the three women receive her with big smiles, she answers with a soft smile as she eats her pizza quietly enjoy her pizza and the warm vibe around her.

Because food and good friends always cheer you up isn’t it?

------------------------------------

When the team was about to get on their shared jeep, they hear screams and the police alarm ringing loudly.

“I’m seriously concerned about this.” Sana frowns and laughs. “Almost every time we finish eating something happens, I’m not surprised anymore.”

“It’s an ongoing mystery.” Mina answers with a little chuckle and looks at her watch. “This time is a bank robbery.”

“Where?” Jeongyeon asks as she takes off her hoodie revealing her costume.

“Around the corner.” Mina informs as she puts their clothes fast inside the jeep.

“We better run, it’ll be faster.” Tzuyu looks at her watch as she signals the girls with a head movement.

“There’s a fire inside the bank, I’ll try to end it and search for civilians.” Tzuyu commands as they run towards the bank. “You can focus on the villains.”

The three women nod and when they arrive, they find all the police officers on the ground, no hero at the sight, Tzuyu enters the bank fast and releases a cold air trying to calm the fire as she searches for civilians.

“This is so weird.” Tzuyu says as she notices the bank is completely empty.

“We found some civilians outside! But there’s a villain, she uses water and is being a pain in the did you rescue someone?” Jeongyeon asks through her watch and Tzuyu frowns.

“If the civilians are safe then..” Tzuyu thinks and a loud sound makes her turn around noticing someone running.” Hey!! Come back here!!”

Tzuyu runs towards the person and moves her foot to send a gust of cold wind to the mysterious person but gets surprised when this person stops and turns to answer with a blast of fire.

The navy grey-haired woman barely has time to dodge the intense blast. “Great, fire quirk, I need to lower my ice temperature.”

“You are fast, huh.” The villain says and Tzuyu frowns meeting a slim figure wearing a blue criss-cross long-sleeved shirt that shows part of her shoulders, navy black pants combined with a pair of blue long boots with heels.

Tzuyu only keeps silent as she looks at the mask covering the villain’s face and looks around noticing she can combat this girl since there are no civilians around.

“You also don’t talk much.” The villain smirks behind her mask. “Let’s see if you fight as well as your reputation says, Ice maiden.

The masked villain runs towards Tzuyu and raises her hand sending a powerful fire breeze, Tzuyu jumps and tries to kick the villain’s back but the villain’s dodges it and Tzuyu hits the ground with a powerful kick freezing the ground under her and moves her foot trying to freeze the masked girl but failing when the girl answers with a fire blast.

Tzuyu dodges and uses her ice to impulse towards the villain and try to punch her face but the masked girl covers her face with both arms, Tzuyu can feel her cold fist collide with the villain’s hot arms.

“It’s cold, but not enough.” The masked villain pushes Tzuyu back and makes her two fists cover in fire.

Tzuyu breathes deep and exhales cold air lowering her ice’s temperature even more, her palms get icy until her knuckles are covered with ice.

The masked girl throws her a fire attack as she runs towards her, Tzuyu answers with ice blocking the attack and when the villain is in front of her, they start to fight fist to fist.

The battle is difficult since their abilities are on the same level, none of them manages to make a clean hit.

“Her movements are fast and wild, who is this girl?” Tzuyu thinks as she tries to freeze the masked villain with a breeze but the villain refuses the attack with fire again.

“I can’t land a clean hit, as expected from the team’s leader.” The villain thinks and clicks her tongue. “We’re getting out of time, she has the money but why isn’t she coming here?”

Maybe because she got too immersed in her thoughts but when the villain feels her feet cold she looks down and at that moment Tzuyu punches her stomach making her cough but she grits her teeth and grabs Tzuyu’s back before she can step back, throwing the girl to the wall beside them with force.

Tzuyu’s back crashes with the wall and coughs tries to get up fast but feels her foot got stuck in the wall noticing the villain is about to escape but a child cry makes her turn her head to see a little kid running without looking, in her direction.

The bank roof shakes, something collided with it, and a big piece of concrete is about to fall on the child.

“NO!” Tzuyu points at the concrete piece and manages to freeze it but someone takes the child and rolls on the ground with him, a loud crack echoes.

Tzuyu turns to look surprised at the one who took the child even though she prevented the concrete piece fall on him.

The navy grey-haired woman opens her eyes wide and looks in disbelief at the villain who she was fighting a moment ago, holding the kid as if her life depended on it.

“What…” is the only thing Tzuyu manages to say.

When the villain looks up her cracked mask falls revealing her face.

A pair of shocked brownish green eyes meet her greyish back ones.

“ .” The Auburn brown-haired villain says as she separates from the child and covers her face with her hand.

Just in time, a water hand grabs her and Tzuyu follows the water hand with her eyes trying to get to freeze it but managing to only freeze part of it.

The water hand came from the bank roof and Tzuyu uses her ice to get there only to find the roof empty and her teammates appear a second later.

The teammates only share confused and perplexed looks, but the one who is even more surprised is Tzuyu.

A villain saving a child? If anyone told Tzuyu this she would say its nonsense.

Until today.

------------------------------------------------------------

“Wildfire-N and Storm water-M” Wendy informs and shows the team a picture of them wearing masks on the laboratory’s display. “Two girls, one uses water and the other fire, really strong and since the first time they appeared nobody has been able to catch them.”

“They work together and mostly dedicate to rob banks or laboratories, extremely skilled, heroes who try to fight them always fail and spend a lot of time at the hospital.”

“Nobody? Not even the top heroes?” Jeongyeon asks with disbelief.

“Not even them, they’re not only strong but smart too.” Wendy explains. “I tried to gather all the information I could from the heroes association but nobody has too much about them.”

“They’re a big deal then, if there’s not too much information about them that’s why the association hasn’t released a big mission to trap them” Sana looks at their pictures. “The one with the water quirk, her movements are really strong and flexible, we were three against her but only managed to land some kicks or punches nothing more.”

“The one with fire quirk.” Tzuyu starts. “She gave me a hard time too, she knows how to use her quirk really well but her movements were wild and also really fast, she blocked almost everything.”

“It’s really serious then.” Wendy concludes with wide eyes. “There hasn’t been a villain that it’s difficult to handle for you as a team in a long time.”

“They’re different, it’s unusual to see well-trained villains like them.” Mina speaks. “And villains that know their quirks as the palm of their hand are the most dangerous.”

“We better act and start searching more about them, we don’t know what they’re planning.” Sana gets up.

“Or if they will hurt someone.” Jeongyeon adds.

“That will be our new mission then.” Tzuyu looks at them. “We will take care of other villains but they’re our top priority.”

The three women nod and Tzuyu looks at the villain with auburn brown hair picture. “Wildfire-N…”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu looks at the mirror with confusion as she gets ready, she didn’t tell their teammates about knowing Wildfire-N’s face.

And that made her not sleep yesterday.

It’s the first time she doesn’t tell something to her friends, but she wants to resolve this alone even though that’s not her style.

She wants to know why Wildfire-N saved that kid, why?

“why?” Tzuyu mumbles as she looks at her breakfast, she is alone in the house since Mina is at Myoui laboratories, Jeongyeon and Sana decided to go for a morning jog.

Tzuyu barely eats her breakfast and cleans the dishes, she shakes her head and decides to go for a walk, leaving a message for her friends through her watch.

The tall girl shoves her hands on her coat pockets, hiding her jaw on her turtle neck shirt, she keeps walking and walking until she sits on a bench near the hero university where she learned almost everything she knows.

She is so deep in her thoughts that she doesn’t realize a girl has been calling her.

“Um, excuse me.”

This time Tzuyu hears and turns to look at a young girl, about her age or a little younger. “Yes?”

“Can I have your autograph?” The black-haired girl asks with a shy and low voice, but with a big grin.

“Sure.” Tzuyu smiles gently and the girl grin gets wider as she extends a marker to Tzuyu and a scarf.

“Is it okay to sign in your scarf?” Tzuyu asks softly.

“Yes!” The girl’s blue eyes shine with excitement.

“What’s your name?” The navy grey-haired woman asks gently as she grabs the scarf and she swears she has seen this scarf somewhere.

“ Chaeyoung.” The girl answers shyly and acts like she wants to say something.

“Chaeyoung-sshi, it’s a pretty name.” Tzuyu smiles and starts to sign the scarf carefully.

“Actually.” The girl starts. “I don’t know if you remember me, you saved me once when you were still a student and that was your debut as a hero.”

Tzuyu closes the marker and frowns softly trying to remember until she opens her eyes with surprise. “You were caught in the middle of that fight! I remember you now, god, it’s been four years, you were the girl I gave this scarf.”

Chaeyoung smiles brightly and nods excitedly when Tzuyu tells her she remembers her. “Yes! I’m that girl, and after you saved me and I watched you and your team fighting against the villain even though you weren’t second-to-none team at that time, it really inspired me! And I couldn’t tell you but after that I decided to become a hero too! I’m your biggest fan.”

Tzuyu smiles warmly and looks at Chaeyoung with gentle eyes, every time someone tells her they decided or want to become a hero after watching her or her team her chest feels full of excitement and emotion.

To think she and her team are able to inspire people, it’s a big honor and something that makes her extremely happy.

Putting a hand on Chaeyoung’s shoulder Tzuyu gives her a wide smile. “You will be a great hero Chaeyoung, I’m sure we will be comrades later, so do your best!”

Chaeyoung nods fast and laugh happily, her favorite hero telling her she will be a great hero it’s something she only dreamed about but now, to hear those words is something extremely heartening for her.

“Chae, I was searching for you, why didn’t you answer your phone?”

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu look up to meet the new voice joining them.

Tzuyu’s eyes meet with the stranger’s eyes, both of them sharing wide gazes.

Brownish green and greyish black meet again.

Coincidences like this are not a sight of everyday.

Or maybe the destiny is making fun of one of them.

“Nayeon-unnie!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

hello again! if you're reading this story thank you so much for giving it a try. C':
comments and questions are always welcomed here! So if you have a question or a theory feel free to tell me!
I hope you are doing good and eating well! see you later!