"Convivial" lunch

Ignited Freedom

Sana breathes in and out as she waits outside the hospital, she’s thinking whether she enters, or she goes back to the house since it’s already night.

“This is not the time to chicken out Minatozaki.” Sana says to herself and approaches to the hospital entry doors with sure steps.

When she tries to pull the door, someone pushes it and the steam hero immediately recognizes the pink-haired girl wearing a white coat.

“Oh.” Jihyo looks up and shows Sana a sunny smile. “Hello Sana-sshi!”

Sana has to take a couple of moments to recover herself from Jihyo’s bright smile, and smiles. “Hello, are you going home?”

“Yeah.” Jihyo chuckles and frowns for a moment. “Are you injured? I saw you fought against villains in the TV”

“Why? Are you worried about this gorgeous hero?” Sana winks showing Jihyo a teasing smile.

Jihyo only smiles and rolls her eyes playfully. “What gorgeous hero? I don’t see anybody here” the doctor searches with her playful eyes around Sana.

Sana lets out a light chuckle. “You’re a challenge, Jihyo-sshi.”

“I’m not easy, Sana-sshi.” Jihyo raises her eyebrows

“I know.” Sana’s voice turns serious and Jihyo looks at her with surprised eyes. “That’s why I’m here today.”

The light brown-haired woman takes a few seconds and speaks with a soft smile, leaving her flirting attitude for a moment and feeling a slight blush in her cheeks.

“I was wondering if you… would you like to have lunch tomorrow.”

Jihyo blinks surprised and this time she’s the one blushing, she always thought Sana was playing around when she was flirting with her.

But Sana’s shy smile tells her otherwise and she has to admit Sana looks absolutely adorable right now.

The doctor lets out a soft chuckle and meets Sana’s light brown eyes with a gentle look. “yeah, I would love to.”

Sana lets out a melodious giggle even though she wants to jump from the happiness she nods excitedly. “Great! Around which time should I pick you up?”

“Actually, I don’t work tomorrow.” Jihyo says with a soft hum and shows Sana a bright smile. “Can we meet at the restaurant that’s near here? The one who is three streets away from here.”

The light-brown haired woman frowns confused and Jihyo thinks she looks even more adorable. “I’m sorry, I don’t know where it is.”

“Can you send me the address?” Sana asks as she flutters her eyelashes.

Jihyo only squints her eyes playfully and laughs thinking “Good one, Minatozaki.”

“Sure, give me your number.” Jihyo says with a smile as she takes out her phone.

Sana lets out an excited noise and giggles telling Jihyo her phone number and saves Sana’s contact without letting Sana see and notices Sana doing a cute pout.

“I’ll see you tomorrow.” Jihyo smiles brightly and looks at Sana’s cute and happy eyes pinching her nose before walking past her. “Have a nice day, Sana.”

Sana grabs her nose smiling and looks at Jihyo waving before going to the parking lot, she waves to the doctor enthusiastically and with a bright smile. “Have an excellent day beautiful!”

She can hear Jihyo’s laugh and Sana jumps happily as she walks towards her car with cute bunny jumps.

“I can’t wait to tell them!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“FELLAS!” Sana says excitedly as soon as she opens the house’s door.

“Oh no, hell no.” Jeongyeon says with a groan. “I REFUSE to give ten bucks to you too.”

“Too?” Sana frowns not understanding until she turns to look at Mina’s big and shy smile.

“I KNEW IT! YOU FINALLY DID IT!” Sana says with excitement and runs to Mina crushing her in a hug making Mina laugh.

Mina and Sana turn to meet Jeongyeon’s confused eyes when she notices their mischievous eyes. “You had a date today, don’t you?” Sana asks.

Jeongyeon blushes and shakes her head with a frown. “I didn’t!”

“Liar!” Mina says as she points at Jeongyeon.

“It wasn’t a date!” Jeongyeon insists with a deeper blush.

“You don’t dress like that unless you go on a date!” Sana says and Jeongyeon lets out an unbelievable gasp.

“I dress like this more frequently than you think!” Jeongyeon answers.

“Another lie! She has to buy the food for this month!” Mina says as she laughs still pointing to Jeongyeon.

“A MONTH?!” Jeongyeon says with wide eyes. “You are CRAZY! I rather tell you about the date than buy that for a month!”

Sana and Mina smirk and Jeongyeon purses her lips thinking that she fell in their trap.

“So it was a date.” Sana covers letting out a snicker.

“Was it the girl who asked you at the hospital?” Mina wiggles her eyebrows.

Jeongyeon lets out a long sigh. “yeah.”

“Aaand?” Sana pressures.

“And where’s Tzuyu?” Jeongyeon tries to change the topic.

“Oh, don’t try to-“ Sana says but then she stops and frowns. “Wait, that’s right, where is she?”

“Yes! It worked!” Jeongyeon celebrates inside her head that she managed to avoid her friend’s questions but at the same time, she also wants to know where Tzuyu is.

“I thought you two knew where she was.” Mina frowns also wanting to know where the team leader is.

“It’s already late, maybe she went for a walk?” Jeongyeon says and looks at the clock. “Remember she likes to walk in the night whenever she feels well…”

Sana and Mina nod, but Mina speaks with a confused frown. “She has been acting strange, hasn’t she?”

“Yeah.” Sana agrees. “But maybe it’s because of the company and about the villain duo that it gives us a headache.”

The three turn to look at the door when they hear it’s opened revealing the team leader, it’s like a usual coincidence now that every time they talk about her she appears.

“I’m home.” Tzuyu says with a lost look as she leaves a bag with food on the kitchen table. “I bought dinner.”

Sana sends Mina and Jeongyeon a side look when they notice the team leader lost look. “Everything is…okay? Tzu?”

“Yeah yeah.” Tzuyu says as she nods and grabs a bowl frowning a little. “Has Wendy sent a message about…villains?”

“Nope.” Jeongyeon is the one speaking this time as she helps Tzuyu along with Mina and Sana to put plates and glasses on the table for the food.

The blue grey-haired woman frowns even more, then Nayeon went to deliver snacks for real? Or maybe she and Stormwater-M will attack later?

“Tzuyu.” Mina calls for the third time with a worried look and even pats the tall girl’s shoulder.

“Y-yeah?” The team leader blinks and turns to meet Mina’s worried black onyx eyes.

“I asked if you could give me a fork but never mind.” The chestnut looks at Tzuyu still visibly worried. “Are you sure everything is okay?”

“I…” Tzuyu starts and turns to look at her worried friends, she wants to tell them about Nayeon but she knows she can’t tell them right now, but that doesn’t mean she feels okay hiding that from them, it’s really suffocating.

They’re her friends, they wouldn’t react badly, they would understand her.

But maybe she wants to know if her hunch about Nayeon it’s true or not, before telling them.

“Either way they’ll be a little bit angry.” The blue-grey haired woman thinks, making a preoccupied grimace, she decides to put some noodles on her bowl before speaking.

“It has been a tough week and I have a lot of things going on my mind but the most important one I’ll tell you…later.” Tzuyu says with a light smile. “It’s something I want to know…on my own.”

The three women exchange looks only to show Tzuyu a supportive smile. “Of course, whenever you want to tell us, you know we can wait.” Sana says with a soft voice.

Tzuyu smile grows and nods eagerly feeling even more comfortable now even though the suffocating feeling is still there.

The team leader can only hope this time her sixth sense is not mistaken.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Tzuyu drives to Chaeyoung’s house after Taeyeon sent her the direction, Mina and Sana have plans and they apologized for forgetting about the student they have to train, with continuous bows and slightly spooked looks when they met Tzuyu’s smiling but mad greyish black eyes.

Tzuyu took the decision to go alone and after finishing completely with Chaeyoung’s training go to see Chaeyoung’s guardian with the complete team.

Is not like Tzuyu took that decision to avoid the awkward feeling between Nayeon and her teammates and like a good chance to talk with Nayeon again even though they’ll eventually meet more often because of Chaeyoung.

“You arrived at your destiny.” The car informs her and Tzuyu searches for a place to park her car until she finds it and gets out from Mina’s black Porsche 911 looking around to search for the apartment.

When she finds the apartment she rings the bell and hides with her cap and turtle neck shirt, after she took partially charge of the company the press has been following her like crazy, that’s why she even changed cars with Mina today.

The door opens and reveals a surprised Nayeon wearing a purple long-sleeved shirt and blue jeans. “What-“

“Good morning.” Tzuyu says casually and discovers her face with her hand gently, smiling slightly. “I have to talk with Chaeyoung’s guardian before today’s training.”

Nayeon closes her eyes and puts a hand on her face, she completely forgot about this even though Chaeyoung told her repeatedly.

“I shouldn’t have told Ms. Kim that I could walk chocolate today.” Nayeon thinks as she purses her lips and opens her eyes with her usual annoyed expression and a slight frown when she notices Tzuyu’s cap. “I have to work right now, can we reschedule?”

“I thought she was going to be less…relaxed but I guess we’re progressing.” The hero thinks and raises a curious brow. “Do you have something to deliver?”

Nayeon smiles internally when she hears that thinking that the hero, of course, didn’t get the code she tried to say yesterday. “I have to walk and take care of a dog for a couple of hours.” The villain says with a normal tone.

The hero hums and puts a hand on her jaw thinking for a moment, this makes Nayeon raise an eyebrow and even frown a little again.

“Can I join you?”

Tzuyu says with a light smile and Nayeon blinks looking like she is processing what Tzuyu said, she shakes her head a little bit. “Excuse me?”

“I said, can I join you?” Tzuyu repeats with a casual tone waiting for Nayeon’s answer patiently, still in front of her door.

“Don’t you have…to work in your multimillionaire company?” Nayeon asks as normal as she cans wanting to sound casual and not savage like she usually talks to the hero.

“Not today.” Tzuyu answers feeling surprised again that Nayeon is being easy to talk to, she smiles internally thinking that maybe yesterday’s night made her a little bit more comfortable with her, maybe. “And today I was the one available to come so you don’t have to worry about the team…if that makes you feel awkward.”

Nayeon then remembers that Chaeyoung told her the whole team was going to visit her, and that took all Momo and Nayeon’s face control to make a little smile obviously both feeling tense.

Although being alone with Tzuyu is still rare and somewhat uncomfortable for her those feelings seem to have decreased a little bit after yesterday.

And after Tzuyu told her it’s only her today it makes her feel less stressed, because she can’t even imagine how awkward and irritating it was going to be for her to be all smiley in front of the team she despises.

“Despise is not the right word for what you feel when you are around them.” The voice inside her head speaks.

“It’s early and you’re already talking?” Nayeon answers internally with a scoff. “And can you remain silent? For five minutes? Thank you.”

“You know I’m right, after all, we-“

“Nayeon.”

Tzuyu’s voice interrupts and Nayeon blinks for a moment after she finally returns to reality. “Yeah?”

“If you don’t want me to join you can we meet at lunch at least?” Tzuyu asks after she noticed Nayeon too absorbed in her thoughts thinking that maybe, she overstepped a little the wall between them.

The auburn brown-haired woman looks up to meet Tzuyu’s calm greyish black orbs for a moment seeming to really think about what Tzuyu proposed.

However, part of her still feels somewhat wary around the ice hero and purses her lips thinking about what she should say.

But her thoughts are interrupted again when she feels her phone vibrating in her pocket, looking at her phone when it starts ringing, she remembers about her job and opens her eyes wide when she looks at the hour

“At lunch, at hangang park.” Nayeon says with a rushed voice as she closes the door behind her. “I’ll see you at 1:00!”

She passes beside Tzuyu leaving her behind with a puzzled look.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After going to the company for a few hours until 1:00 pm she arrives at the park with a confused frown and a bag with two subways and jellies, along with a secret item that it might be useful to make Nayeon less awkward with her.

Since the park is quite big how can she search for Nayeon when she doesn’t even have her number? Sighing she looks around and lets out a tired breath her coat bothers her a little bit because of the sunny weather but she searches for a tree with shade.

As soon as she finds a tree, she sits on the grass waiting as she looks at the river while she leans on the tree log stretching her long legs comfortably, her cap hiding her face perfectly.

After a few minutes, she hears steps and looks around without looking up.

“Why are you acting like a celebrity?” Nayeon says looking down at Tzuyu with a frown.

When Tzuyu recognizes Nayeon’s voice she only lets out a tiny sigh. “Because the press is being too annoying, worse than cockroaches.”

The fire villain only raises an eyebrow and turns to see the bag labeled with “Subway” letters.

“Not bad I guess.” Nayeon thinks and decides to sit on the grass not so close to Tzuyu and letting the sunlight hit her.

“Are you crazy?” Tzuyu says with a surprised frown when she sees Nayeon enjoying the burning sun. “Or do you like sunlight?”

Nayeon frowns when she hears Tzuyu calling her crazy and rolls her eyes. “It’s not even that hot.”

“It’s freaking summer, the sun burns you to the bones.” The ice hero says still with a surprised frown.

“Look, Iceberg lady.” The fire villain says as she passes a hand through her hair. “I have a fire quirk, of course, sunlight is not going to affect me like you.”

Tzuyu thinks about it for a while and she knows Nayeon is right, but she still has a little bit of pride sometimes, so she only looks aside with a frown. “Whatever, do you like subways?”

The villain lets out a triumphant smirk that not goes unnoticed and Tzuyu is the one rolling her eyes this time.

“Some of them.” Nayeon says and looks at Tzuyu handling a subway for her with a calm face and a slight smile that makes the fire villain squint her eyes.

It’s still a challenge for Nayeon to…get along with the hero without shooting her fire blasts but she has to admit after yesterday’s night she feels a little bit more comfortable?

She can say a couple of sentences to the hero now and hold a normal conversation for a few minutes so that’s a win, right?

“It’s just a damn subway so, who cares?” Nayeon thinks as she raises her hand to grab the subway.

“You will have to pay for it though.” Tzuyu says with a mischievous smirk the moment Nayeon takes the subway.

Nayeon was about to open the subway but stops looking at Tzuyu’s smirk with a deadpanned expression. “I will not eat it then.” The auburn brown-haired girl leaves the subway in the bag and looks aside

Tzuyu shrugs and grabs her subway, opening and eating it with big bites, obviously trying to annoy Nayeon.

The fire villain stomach grumbles and Nayeon ignores it, she even closes her eyes trying to not see Tzuyu eating.

Tzuyu finally lets out a light laugh, it’s always fun for her to annoy and play with the villain like this, she is like a spoiled kid.

“Like a spoiled kid, but it’s not annoying…only oddly amusing.” Tzuyu thinks and takes the subway offering it to Nayeon again “I will pay for this lunch today, eat it comfortably.”

The fire villain looks at Tzuyu with a deadpanned expression and raises an eyebrow taking the subway with hesitant hands and the hero gives her a little smile.

“I only took it because I’m hungry.” Nayeon thinks and opens the subway in silence noticing it’s her favorite one but she eats it quietly.

“About Chaeyoung’s training.” The hero starts and makes Nayeon look at her while she eats. “She will train with us from Monday to Friday, mornings or afternoons sometimes it will depend, we will evaluate her today and see how we can improve her abilities.”

The fire villain munches quietly and lets out a light sigh before speaking. “it’s all right for me, the only thing I ask is to treat Chaeyoung well and don’t make her feel disappointed.” Nayeon shots Tzuyu a glare. “She’s your fan and also a fan of your…team, so you better treat her like the soft bean she is when you’re not training with her or I will hunt you and BURN you to the bones.”

The ice hero only raises an eyebrow and chuckles with mockery. “As if you could.”

“Don’t test my patience, Chou.” Nayeon warns with a tone that Tzuyu cannot sense if it’s filled with real anger or only light annoyance.

Shaking her head Tzuyu sighs tiredly. “The team and I will treat Chaeyoung well, not because you’re warning me, let that be clear.”

The fire villain only squints her eyes suspiciously but Tzuyu shots her an unsurprised look and Nayeon only rolls her eyes as she always does, then she looks beside the hero noticing Tzuyu has a curious item beside her.

Tzuyu notices what Nayeon it’s looking at and only smiles a little again, after finishing her subway she searches in the bag and shows Nayeon a bag of jellies.

The ice hero can swear she sees Nayeon’s brownish-green eyes shining when she sees the jellies but maybe it was her imagination.

Then Tzuyu shows the curious item Nayeon was looking at and speaks. “Let’s play some volleyball, the one who lets the ball fall loses”

“The one who wins, gets the jellies.” The ice hero explains and spins a volleyball ball with her right hand and her left hand shows the jellies to Nayeon.

The fire villain blinks trying to mask her surprise and purses her lips to hold back a possible smile or chuckle because the ideas the hero has to ease the atmosphere it’s quite interesting, she has to admit it, but why is she even trying? Nayeon wonders.

“She’s really making an effort, and for what?” Nayeon thinks and looks at Tzuyu with an unreadable expression “Does she really?-“

“Stop asking too many questions and play with her, goddammit.” The voice inside her head says.

Nayeon opens her eyes surprised because it’s the first time the voice speaks her like that after a while but frowns again as she thinks. “And what do I win? Just jellies-”

“Do you really have to win something to have fun?”

The villain purses her lips and sighs deeply, the voice always wins, and that pisses her but not too much lately.

“Only because I’m in good mood Chou.” Nayeon gets up surprising Tzuyu who thought Nayeon wouldn’t accept after being silent for a few minutes.

Tzuyu gets up hiding a little smile and passes the ball to the fire villain with a light pass using her fingertips.

Nayeon receives the ball with her forearms, easily returning it to Tzuyu with a calm move.

They go like that for a couple of minutes until Tzuyu is the one breaking the silence. “I used to play this when I was in middle school, everyone used their quirks, and sometimes it was fun other times not too much.”

Nayeon decides to listen only, seeming not too disinterested in knowing about the hero, she hates to admit the hero is weirdly different and that intrigues her, a hero wanting to know a villain like normal people? It’s pretty weird if you ask her.

Or maybe Tzuyu has a plan and wants to backstab her after winning her confidence, however…

“She doesn’t give me that vibe.” Nayeon thinks still listening to Tzuyu’s stories. “she gives this reserved but calm vibe…that’s why is not that awkward or too irritating.”

“Chocolate liked her…and that’s a good sign already.” Nayeon thinks, remembering how the dog ran to Tzuyu excitedly and was happy to be pet by the ice hero.

“The girls used to play with me after school sometimes.” The blue grey-haired woman says with a nostalgic smile and Nayeon decides to pay more attention, feeling Tzuyu is going to tell her something different.

“I’m the youngest as you may know.” Tzuyu continues still passing the ball to Nayeon. “it was my favorite part of the day whenever they pick me up, going to the cinema instead of language lessons or to the arcade, sometimes the karaoke”

The fire villain notices Tzuyu’s nostalgic smile but even though she looks happy she also looks…

“Sad?” Nayeon thinks while frowning slightly. “Or is my imagination?

“Do you used to go to the cinema or karaoke after school?” Tzuyu asks with a calm smile tossing again to Nayeon feeling the atmosphere somewhat comfortable, hoping that Nayeon feels the same and doesn’t think this is a trap or anything else.

The villain’s gaze seems lost for a moment and purses her lips tossing the ball back to Tzuyu, debating what should she tell to Tzuyu.

“The truth, she is opening and-“

“I know, I know I have to make an effort too” Nayeon answers back with a somewhat tired voice inside her head “But…what if-“

“Girl, she’s genuinely trying, anyone, can see this is not acted, risk a little bit of your sacred for once.”

Nayeon chuckles internally with surprise and answers back. “A little bit angry today, aren’t we?”

The conscience doesn’t answer back this time and Nayeon only shakes her head, looking at Tzuyu again who is waiting, still tossing to her.

“All the times we have talked she waits…and doesn’t push, she shouldn’t treat me like that…I’m her enemy.” Nayeon thinks and tosses the ball back with a light smile. “But that only proves more what the voice tells me…”

“I did not go to the cinema, karaoke, or arcade after high school.” Nayeon says with a cold but…melancholic tone? Tzuyu cannot sense which emotion is behind Nayeon’s tone. “I had to…work.”

Tzuyu frowns not liking what possibly Nayeon could mean with “work” but she remains silent only nodding. “But…do you like going to them?”

“I think I would like it.” Nayeon for the first time lets out a normal but little smile that surprises Tzuyu. “I’ve never been at neither of them”

“WHAT?!” Tzuyu cannot hold back her surprise making Nayeon open her eyes wide and receiving the ball wrong making the ball fly in direction to a couple talking calmly.

The ice hero tries to run to the couple and raises her hand to try to freeze the ball with a fast move.

However, Nayeon as always is faster, she runs and catches the ball just in time and sighs with relief after she managed to stop the ball only surprising the couple and bowing apologizing with a light smile.

The ice hero looks at Nayeon with wide eyes again, the event makes her remember about Nayeon protecting the kid the first time they met.

Those fast moves… the way she reacted fastly and without doubt, and that expression she couldn’t see because of the mask she could see it now.

Worry

The same expression Tzuyu does when she wants to rescue someone in danger, the same expression anyone in her team does.

And even the way Nayeon acts to the relaxed couple exchanging few words with a soft expression.

“Again…how can you be…” Tzuyu whispers still surprised with a slight smile but quickly shakes her head when she sees Nayeon turning around to return with her, she tries her best to recover her posture before the auburn-brown-haired girl notices.

Nayeon frowns a little bit when she squints her eyes and sees Tzuyu looking at the river like it’s the most interesting thing in the world.

When Tzuyu notices Nayeon is then close to her she turns to meet Nayeon’s raised eyebrow, the villain only observes her suspiciously for a moment before shoving the volleyball ball on Tzuyu’s stomach taking Tzuyu by surprise making the hero frown a little.

“Learn to toss well.” The villain says with a slightly teasing tone that Tzuyu cannot say if she sensed it well or it was Nayeon’s usual defensive tone.

“You.” Tzuyu points at the villain’s nose. “need to learn how to receive.”

Nayeon only rolls her eyes but looks at the bag with jellies and that doesn’t go unnoticed by Tzuyu who only sighs deeply and takes the bag of jellies shoving it to Nayeon’s stomach.

The villain lets out a fake cough and frowns visibly annoyed, looking up to meet Tzuyu’s usual smirk. “Enjoy it with Chaeyoung and…possibly with your friend or girlfriend, whatever Stormwater-M is”

Tzuyu grabs the ball and takes the empty wrappers starting to walk leaving Nayeon behind with a surprised look in her eyes she turns to look at Tzuyu’s back after she is walking to her car, a different one, Nayeon also notices.

“She’s so rich what the hell.” Nayeon frowns when she sees the black Porsche and purses her lips. “Heroes can have everything indeed…”

Looking at the bag of jellies she can’t help but let out a light chuckle remembering Tzuyu’s last words to her and thinks. “She could’ve asked me about her identity, but she didn’t…weird.”

Nayeon chuckles more and only shakes her head. “Well, she’s not the first one to believe Momo is my girlfriend.” The fire villain scrunches her nose with a frown at the thought.

“little does she knows.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

helloooo! Here's a little update C:

Finally, Sana asked Jihyo ;).

Natzu is starting to break the ice with a little but good progress cx

PS; Did anyone attend to Twice's online concert? :'v how was it?