A good change

Ignited Freedom

Hello! I wanted to publish this two following chapters together and today I finished Chapter 17 so I will put comments in the next chapter since today we have double update! :D

------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning Nayeon encounters herself on the hospital roof, she and Momo returned in silence after yesterday’s night both with too many thoughts and feelings they have to deal separately first before anything.

“Was yesterday enough for you two to realize she doesn’t give a single about any of you?” her inner voice appears, this time with a calm but serious tone.

“I don’t understand...why did she do that? She has never done something like that to us...even when we made mistakes in our first missions.” Nayeon whispers with a disappointed and heartbroken tone. “What happened to the kind woman we used to know? The one who raised us with care when we were kids..?”

The voice lets out a troubled sigh. “That woman has never existed...it was only like a sweet dream made to hide the nightmare...but this is not the first time she acts like this.”

“What?” Nayeon frowns and sits up with confusion. “This is the first time!... this hasn’t happened before.”

“No, it’s not the first time” The voice counters with an even more serious tone.

“...Let’s say you’re right, then... how do you know?” Nayeon says and rolls her eyes. “Oh, let me guess! because you are my conscience and you know everything.”

“I can sense your sarcasm but you’re wrong, I’m more than a mere conscience.” The voice says with a chuckle that dies quickly. “But I don’t know how much I can tell before disappearing.”

Nayeon cannot help but make a confused scowl. “What? Then what the hell are you if you are not my conscience?” the auburn brown-haired woman lets out a dry laugh. “Don’t tell me you are a demon or something that wants to possess me.”

“That doesn’t exist.” The voice says with a deadpan tone only to hum in agreement later. “But honestly, I would think that too if a voice that sounds exactly like me speaks to me... Anyway, the point is, I can talk to you like this because I think I’m a missing part of you.”

“Wait, a missing part?” Nayeon scowls only increase. “And you think? You don’t even know what you are?”

“I only know I was able to finally talk to you when Momo was at the university but you couldn’t hear me, the pills effect was stronger at that time...I also don’t remember a lot I don’t remember our childhood before Sunmi adopted us, but after a fight we had with Sunmi she started to give us more pills...I don’t know much about those pills but every time you take them, you can’t hear me.” The voice explains in a calm tone and Nayeon blinks a couple of times after hearing the voice’s words.

“But that's impossible, I feel complete and I don’t remember about fighting aunt Sunmi, are you sure you are not the missing part of someone else?” Nayeon asks with a confused and troubled frown.

“Do you think I would stick with you if I were someone else missing part?” The inner voice says with a sarcastic tone and sighs tiredly. “Look, I’m telling you the truth and we are the same person so why don’t you-”

Just then, Nayeon can feel her head hurting like hell again, she kneels as she keeps grabbing her head until she ends laying on the ground again with her eyes closed because of the pain.

A rush of memories flashes inside her head, as one specific memory starts to play.

FLASHBACK

“YOU DID IT!! TELL ME WHERE IS SHE! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER?! EVERYTHING IS YOUR FAULT! YOU RUINED EVERYTHING!” Nayeon forcefully grabs Sunmi’s chest, both having their costumes on, a huge fury bubbling in Nayeon as she keeps gritting her teeth and Sunmi only shows her a prideful smirk.

The memory starts to get blurry and Nayeon is now on the ground with her costume damaged as she struggles to get up but is in vain, she falls on the ground again and she can see Momo in front of her also on the ground unconscious with her costume damaged, she tries to approach Momo but a pair of heels stand before her.

“Who told you how to break it?... Seems like we have to do more settings in you... my precious dolls…” Sunmi says as her hand snakes in Nayeon’s abdomen her nails dig into her skin making Nayeon let out a painful yelp. “For now... go to sleep.”

END OF THE FLASHBACK

Nayeon opens her eyes wide as ever, she is breathing heavily and irregularly, even her heart is beating fast.

“What...What was that?” Nayeon says with a low and scared whisper but the headache strikes again and the voice appears again but this time it sounds broken “Break it..break it or... w..w-we will never be free…”

The headache finally stops and Nayeon keeps breathing heavily, her mind is filled with questions and confused feelings.

She was completely sure she didn’t fight with Sunmi before but the voice proved her wrong, like always.

“If what I thought...wasn’t true...then how many things that I believe aren’t true?...” Nayeon says with wide eyes and a frightened whisper. “Why did she call us dolls?...From what we will never be free?..."

“And most importantly...what are those memories?...”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The blue grey-haired woman starts to grumble as she can feel the sun hitting on her face, she starts to open her eyes slowly and she takes a couple of seconds to notice she is not in her room.

Tzuyu sits up and looks around noticing she is in a hospital room and frowns “How did I end up here?”

The ice hero notices her arms have bandages and raises a curious brow as she starts to remember what happened, she gasps and tries to get out of the bed, but she hears the door opening revealing her three friends surprised faces.

“Good morning?” Tzuyu chuckles nervously when she notices her friends stay there still looking at her with surprised eyes.

“OUR BABYYY!” The three of them say as they hurry to Tzuyu’s bed crashing the slim girl in a tight hug.

“Too-...tight-” Tzuyu says as she pats her friends’ backs and they separate a little bit looking at her with glazy and happy eyes. “You only slept for a day but dear god! You really gave us a good scare!”

“Yes! You moron! I almost had a heart attack when I saw your injuries!” Sana says with a worried whine.

Tzuyu scratches her nape as she looks at them with a concerned frown. “I’m really sorry for worrying you girls... Jessica wasn’t an easy one.”

“Of course their leader wouldn’t be easy to handle! and thanks to your costume you were out of danger but you were too reckless!” Mina scolds the young hero with a worried tone.

“Wendy has warned you about below-zero! You ignored the costume alarm didn’t you?!” Sana joins the scolding with a worried frown.

“Seriously! The costume really saved your because you went beyond the limits! We understand why you did it but Jesus christ Tzuyu!” Jeongyeon uses her finger to point Tzuyu as she also starts to scold her.

The ice hero closes one eye as her unnies keep scolding her and she decides to nod only, understanding that even though they sound mad, they were just too worried for her because not every day they encounter dangerous villains and of course, not every day she uses her special ability to the point she did with Jessica.

Between the scolding Tzuyu is getting she frowns with curiosity when Mina points out that it was her costume the one who practically ‘saved’ her, it is weird for her since her costume wasn’t able to warm her too much but since she passed out it might take a while for her to remember what happened.

“Girls, Tzuyu just woke up let her breathe for gods sakes.” Jihyo intervenes as she enters the room just when Tzuyu was about to ask about her costume.

“It’s okay Jihyo-unnie, I know they were really worried.” Tzuyu says with a soft chuckle as she envelops her arms around her unnies hugging them tightly.

The three let out relieved sighs as they answer Tzuyu’s hug with soft smiles and snuggle closer making Jihyo smile softly.

Tzuyu gasps when she remembers something making the four women in the room look at her with curiosity. “How is Chaeyoung? Is she okay? What happened to her?”

Sana its the first one to let out a slight chuckle among the surprised eyes looking at Tzuyu. “You just woke up and that’s what you ask?”

“Well, that’s who Tzuyu is, always worrying for others first” Jeongyeon says with a soft smile.

“To answer your question, she is okay, she woke up yesterday and her injuries are healed, she must be resting in her room now.” Mina pats Tzuyu’s head with a soft smile. “So don’t worry okay?”

Tzuyu lets out a relieved sigh and smiles softly when she hears about Chaeyoung’s condition, she was really worried about her since she fought Jessica too and she didn’t know how damaged she was, even though the girl hasn’t been with them for a long time she has become an important friend more than a mere apprentice.

“So Tzuyu, how do you feel?” Jihyo is the one making her pop out from her bubble and the ice hero smiles to the pink-haired woman. “I feel okay? Nothing hurts I suppose it’s thanks to you, but why do I have bandages in my arms?”

“I did cure your muscles and bones but your arms got some burns, I tried to heal it but my quirk doesn’t work well unless is an injury that involves the muscles and bones, and since we were pretty full because of the subway incident there weren’t so many doctors available, but Elkie will come later to finally heal those burns completely with one of her quirks.” Jihyo informs with a bright smile and Tzuyu nods with a tiny and grateful smile.

“Thank you very much for healing my injuries Jihyo-unnie, as always.” Tzuyu lets out a light laugh and Jihyo nods happily. “It’s my pleasure! Even though you are my patient you are my friend too!”

Tzuyu smiles softly when she hears Jihyo’s words, after she started to go on dates with Sana she inevitably got closer to the team just like Dahyun, it’s nice to see her circle of friends increasing with amazing people.

Someone knocks on the door and when it opens it reveals Jisoo along with Rosé and even Jennie with Lisa with a bucket of flowers.

“Oh! Miss pretty woke up!” Lisa says with a surprised giggle as she and the girls approach to Tzuyu.

“Lisa! Jennie! I didn’t expect to see you here!” Tzuyu says with a bright smile as she sees her old friends.

“We wanted to see you yesterday but we also got too much work.” Jennie says with a sigh but shakes her head. “Anyway! What about a hug?”

Tzuyu opens her arms and the four girls crush the ice hero with a gentle hug, when they separate the door opens again revealing Wendy with a box of food, Wendy smiles brightly when she sees Tzuyu finally woke up. “Hello there sleeping beauty! Nice to see you finally awake and healthy!.”

“Wendy!” Tzuyu says with a bright smile as she receives Wendy’s hug with a bright smile and chuckles when they separate. “We might get scolded for being a lot of people in a single room but I couldn’t be happier to have almost all my friends here!”

“Yeah, it would be great to have Dubu and Chaeng here.” Sana says with a pout.

“Dahyun will come later.” Jeongyeon says with a bright smile. “Chaeng too, maybe she will come here after her stretching appointment, she will be so happy to see Tzuyu awake!”

“Chaeyoung is the little cute girl Jisoo told us about? The one who resembles a lion cub?” Jennie asks with interest.

“Yep, that one.” Wendy says with a chuckle as she turns to see Jisoo. “A lion cub? Really Jisoo?”

“You all gotta admit she looks like one, and she’s so cute!” Jisoo says with a laugh.

“She has a good point and she’s really sweet! Such a good kid” Rosé says with a happy hum “You chose a nice apprentice, girls.”

“And I would love to hear more of her but I also wanna know, how is our ice maiden.” Jennie says with a curious and slightly worried tone.

“I’m fine thanks to Jihyo, Rose-unnie, and Jisoo-unnie.” Tzuyu says with a soft smile. “I only have to rest I guess? Although I don’t feel tired, the burns in my arms feel a little bit scratchy but nothing to worry.”

“Almost nothing to worry.” Jihyo intervenes with a smile and a raised brow. “You will have to stay here for a couple of days since your body needs time to recover after the temperature changes you had.”

“And before you say you have to go back to your duties.” Wendy also speaks with a half-smile. “Your costume needs to be fixed and improved, and you won’t have it for a week, so I suggest you lay in this comfortable bed and eat the delicious pastries I baked for you.”

“You all really had this planned huh.” Tzuyu says with a tiny frown and sighs. “Well, I guess I will be stuck here for a while then.”

“Awww don’t be so gloomy about it.” Lisa ruffles Tzuyu’s hair making the girl frown even more but also laugh. “We will be visiting you and your three mothers are going to be here 24/7 so you won’t be bored!”

“We are not her mothers, do we look that old?” Mina punches Lisa’s arm playfully making the tall girl laugh and smirk playfully. “Well…”

“Not a word Lalisa!” Jeongyeon tries to sound threatening but she only makes all the girls in the room laugh.

“Well, being here for a couple of days doesn’t sound so bad anymore.” Tzuyu thinks as the room is completely filled with jokes and laughs.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Why did you call? Something happened?” Momo asks as soon as Seulgi appears in front of her and Nayeon, they decided to reunite in their house, giving Chaeyoung the excuse of ‘work emergencies’

“Yeah, I think you want to hear this.” Seulgi says as she takes a sip of her soda with serious eyes. “Yesterday Sunmi was really mad, I think it had something to do with Nayeon but the important part is that I heard she has a ‘last piece’ left to use, she said she will do what Nayeon couldn’t and that she will destroy Second-to-none from the inside…”

“WHAT?!” Both sisters say in an alarmed tone as they slam their hands on the table with perplexed eyes.

“Last piece? What the does she mean by that?!” Momo groans with annoyance as she grits her teeth.

“What I couldn’t...and from the inside!? Why is she so obsessed with them?!" Nayeon says with a troubled and angry tone. “, she is totally crazy, more than I thought!”

The sisters seem completely furious even Nayeon is starting to breathe hot air and Momo’s hands are covered with turbulent water.

“If she dares to hurt her-”

“If she tries to even hurt a hair from her-”

Both sisters said at the same time surprised by how they talk their thoughts out loud, turning to see each other with astonished eyes as Seulgi blinks with surprise.

“You’re talking about Chaeyoung...right?” Seulgi asks with an unsure tone as she analyzes the sisters.

“Of course!” Nayeon is the first one to answer in a hurried tone and Momo only decides to nod, Seulgi squints her eyes with suspicion, for two sisters who acted like they hated and also beat the out of countless heroes, their reaction is...weird.

“They also acted weird when Sunmi told us about her despise for that specific team and her plan against them before the subway deal…” Seulgi thinks and decides to let aside the thought for a moment, thinking that for now is not important.

“Listen girls, I have known you for a couple of years and since the first time I realized you were different from Sunmi, even though both claimed to hate heroes and act like it, you two were never as hard as Sunmi.” Seulgi starts with a serious frown. “I don’t know what view you had of her...maybe because you’re her family, but as you have seen she does anything for her project that only Joy and Joohyun know what is about…”

“This time nobody died but what happened to the other heroes that have encountered with her? They disappear and even though we don’t know how many...I guess you have the same feeling as me that they’re not missing because they disappeared from the face of the earth...that’s why Jessica’s gang are her strongest allies, do you think they are friends that drink coffee together? Of course not, Jessica’s gang kill people for living and Sunmi may not be so different from her.” Seulgi continues as she purses her lips.

The sisters look down as they hear Seulgi, if it had been the past they would have defended their aunt with strong voices but after yesterday and everything that has been happening in their lives...they don’t even want to lift a finger to defend their aunt.

“She may be your family and she has never shown her atrocious actions to you...but that doesn’t mean she is as you imagine.” Seulgi looks at the sisters’ eyes. “She is one of the S class villains the association of heroes hasn’t been able to capture for years, she is your aunt and I know coming from a villain family makes it difficult to get out of it...I also have tried to do it and I never had the courage to go against Joy since is my only relative here..but I don’t wanna be part of this anymore, I’ve never liked hearing people screaming or enjoyed their pain…”

Seulgi lets out a tired chuckle as she takes the last sip from her soda and meets the sisters’ troubled eyes just like hers. “I realized I don’t hate heroes, I thought I hated them because of what my family and Joy told me.”

“I think you already know this, and as I’ve said it can be difficult... but we are the ones that decide what to do, what to believe in” Seulgi says with a determined frown. “It’s never too late for a good change.”

The sisters open their eyes with astonishment after hearing Seulgi’s words, they knew she didn’t like to be a villain just like them even though she didn’t voice her thoughts until now.

They thought Seulgi would always follow Joy, Yeri, and Joohyun, especially Joy since it’s her cousin but after hearing her words and her feelings, they cannot help but feel a little bit envious of Seulgi’s determination.

Because Seulgi accepted early what they couldn’t.

But just like their friend said, it’s never too late, right?

“I will not be something I don’t like, I’ve had enough.” Nayeon states with a firm voice that surprises Momo and Seulgi as she puts her hand on the center of the table

Momo cannot help but smile brightly when she hears her older sister’s words, she is thankful that her sister shares the thought with her, she never thought Nayeon would say such words! after all, she always was the one who had their aunts ideas more in her head than her.

She doesn’t know what happened to Nayeon to make her change but she feels thankful and relieved to know she won’t have to part ways or even fight her beloved older sister.

“I will be what I want to be, not what I’ve been told” Momo says with a wide smile putting her hand on Nayeon’s as she turns to meet Nayeon’s soft and wide smile.

Seulgi smiles proudly and looks at the sisters with the same determination and Nayeon signals her to put her hand too making Seulgi chuckle and put her hand on the sisters’ hands.

“If we want to make a good chance, we better stop whatever Sunmi is planning, once and for all.” Nayeon says with a strong voice as she shares looks with Seulgi and Momo.

---------------------------------------------

“Thanks for the flowers Jieun-unnie, and I’m sorry you and my grandma must have a lot of work.” Tzuyu says with an apological tone as she looks at her assistant that is more like a friend now for her despite their age difference.

“Oh it’s nothing Tzuyu! and don’t worry about the office work, we will manage, for now just try to get enough rest please.” Jieun says with a half-smile as she keeps looking at the young woman. “Although your absence can be greatly sensed...I’ll miss our lunches for a while”

“I’ll try to recover fast, I still own you a lot, after all, you’ve taught me about the company!” Tzuyu says with a slight chuckle.

“It has always been a pleasure to teach you! So you don’t own me anything, really.” Jieun says with a chuckle that for a moment sounds weird for Tzuyu because it doesn’t sound like her usual laugh but the hero thinks it may be because she sounds quite tired.

“Nonsense! Let me invite you to a meal next time, and I’ll give you vacations because those dark circles are not good!” Tzuyu says with a half-serious tone since she knows Jieun is always the last one to get out of the office, such a workaholic woman.

“I can’t remember when was the last time I had that” Jieun says with a tired sigh and gives Tzuyu a half-smile again.

“Poor you, I can’t imagine how hard my...mother made you work.” Tzuyu shakes her head with a frown and smiles softly. “Even though I have said it so many times, thank you Jieun, the company is still standing because a great part of your efforts, and also for listening to my bad jokes and for fixing my mistakes, you are a good...friend.”

Jieun cannot help but widen her eyes and smile softly shaking her head. “I only did what I could, and as I’ve said it was nothing, really.”

“Even though you are my boss, I must admit you are a good friend too, I can see it and prove it.” Jieun says as she stands up and takes her purse. “I have to get going but I will visit you from time to time.”

“Thanks, I’ll be waiting.” Tzuyu says with a soft smile as she looks at Jieun waving to her before she opens the door, the ice hero waves back and sees the door closing.

Jieun closes the door behind her and shows a slient smile as she starts to walk away, Chaeyoung who was on her way to see Tzuyu manages to see a familiar hair color making her raise a brow thinking. “Nayeon-unnie?...Nah, it can’t be, she went to help Momo-unnie with her work.”

“But still...It’s not usual to see a hair color like that one.” Chaeyoung thinks with curiosity and shakes her head, looking at the box in her hand. “Meh, I’m sure there’s a lot of people with that hair color but I haven’t paid too much attention.”

Chaeyoung returns her attention to the door before her and breathes deeply, part of her still feels guilty because of her lack of strength and experience, thinking that it’s because of her that Tzuyu got so hurt.

But despite that feeling, she wants to see her friend and of course, one of her mentors.

So she knocks on the door softly and hears Tzuyu’s gentle. “Come in.”

Chaeyoung opens the door and her eyes immediately link with Tzuyu’s surprised and happy ones. “Chaeyoung! You are okay!”

The young hero feels taken aback by Tzuyu’s bright smile and tone but she answers with a wide smile as she hurries to hug Tzuyu, tight.

Before Tzuyu can say something she frowns with worry when she senses Chaeyoung squeezing her more as she pats the black-haired girl back. “I know what you are thinking... and probably they’ve already told you, but this is not your fault, you did your best even more than that! you protected a kid with everything and gave Jessica a hard time Chae.”

Chaeyoung grips Tzuyu’s robe with trembling hands when she hears Tzuyu’s words and smiles shakily, Tzuyu didn’t even let her speak since she already knew what she was going to say.

It surprises her that even though they haven’t been friends for years, Tzuyu already knows her well and Chaeyoung can say it’s the same for her.

The young hero separates slowly and rubs her eyes, sniffing because she almost cried. “You read my mind huh.”

Tzuyu laughs softly and caresses Chaeyoung’s hair. “I didn’t but I know what it is to be in your place... and also because I’ve got to know you a little.”

“You sound like my older sister.” Chaeyoung laughs and smirks teasingly. “But my older sister is not so crazy over bread like you.”

“Hey! Bread it’s great can you blame me?” Tzuyu says with a laugh but stops when she remembers about Nayeon, it feels like it’s been years since the last time she saw her.

Chaeyoung seems to notice this and frowns with worry thinking that Tzuyu must be worried about her older sister, and she is partially right because the ice hero can almost hear Nayeon’s screams about burning her to the bones because Chae got hurt

But Tzuyu also seems like a sad puppy because she misses the older girl and of course, she doesn’t expect the older girl to visit her... although it would be like a good surprise for her.

“I wonder if she has been sleeping properly...she looked so tired and pressured last time I saw her as if she was holding back something...” Tzuyu thinks as she frowns with a little bit of sadness.” I want to see her.”

Ah, she looks like a sad puppy, but Nayeon-unnie won’t scream at her...I mean who could scream to that puppy face.” Chaeyoung thinks and pats Tzuyu’s arm, making her look at Chae’s reassuring smile. “My older sister is not angry, I mean she even thanked the unnies yesterday...which was really surprising but! I don’t think she will tell you harsh words... she even visited you yesterday and she looked quite sad? after seeing you and that was also quite shocking…” Chaeyoung says with a curious raised brown but shakes her head. “Anyway! The point is she won’t scream or try to...uh..punch you? I think she understands the situation.”

After hearing Chaeyoung’s words Tzuyu cannot mask her surprise and ask with an astonished tone. “She visited me? For real?”

“Yeah! Mina-unnie was with her, although it was just for a couple of minutes.” Chaeyoung says with a smile.

“Oh.” Tzuyu can only manage to say that in response as she cannot hide a warm smile that surprises Chaeyoung but she lets it pass thinking that it must be because Tzuyu didn’t expect it.

Tzuyu frowns internally when she hears that she looked sad, why would Nayeon be sad while visiting her?

“Ah!” Chaeyoung says and extends the box she had to Tzuyu with an apologetic smile making the hero snap from her thoughts “Even though you said it wasn’t my fault...I got you this box with your favorite pastries! As a sign of gratitude for saving me.”

“I still have a long way to go but someday I will be strong enough to beat up the worst villains!...strong enough to stand by my friends with my head held high, next time I’ll make sure to protect myself and others.” Chaeyoung says with a determined smile as she looks at Tzuyu’s surprised eyes, the ice hero chuckles as she takes the box gently and ruffles Chaeyoung’s hair with a smile full of pride. “That’s the Chae I know! you will be one of the greatest, my friend, I’m sure.”

Chaeyoung lets out a bright and contagious laugh that makes the ice hero laugh too, the two friends are so enrolled in each other that they don’t notice three pairs of eyes looking at them with soft looks.

“Ah, young friendship is so beautiful.” Sana says as she wipes a fake tear from her eye.

“The two are a good combo, in and out the battlefield.” Jeongyeon says with a soft tone and Mina nods with a gentle look in her eyes “I definitely feel lucky that we choose Chae, I adore how they get along.”

“Jihyo wasn’t kidding when she said you three really acted like mothers.” Elkie’s voice makes the three women pop out from their bubble and see the blonde chuckling.

“I mean, we practically raised Tzuyu and Chae is a soft baby, you can’t blame us for acting motherly with them.” Sana says with a pout and Elkie shakes her head with a smile as she approaches the door but frowns as she smells a weird scent but shakes her head thinking. “It must be the flowers or food Tzuyu got...even though it’s just a little of it...I don’t like this scent but I don’t detect anything with my quirk...weird.”

“Elkie is something wrong?” Sana is the one who approaches the doctor with a raised brow.

“I’m not sure.” Elkie says with a frown. “I don’t know if it’s my imagination or not but I smell a weird scent even if it’s only a little, I can’t pinpoint what is it.”

“In any case, if anyone who isn’t you or Chaeyoung visits Tzuyu with food or flowers bring them to my office please.” Elkie says with serious eyes. “I may be overreacting... but after the subway incident we better take measures.”

The three women share worried looks, Jeongyeon is the one speaking. “Did you detect toxins in that scent?”

“I’m not entirely sure... some flowers or foods can help to mask the scent of certain poisons or toxins, but as I said, we better take measures.” Elkie says with a worried frown.

Jeongyeon turns to look at Mina and Sana who nod in understanding, the three women frown with worry as they look at the young girls chatting without knowing about the possible threat.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayeon walks out of the hospital as she looks around searching for one of her favorites coffee shop, she enters the coffee shop, and the moment she sees the pastries she cannot help but remember Chaeyoung excitedly texted her about the box she got for Tzuyu this afternoon.

As she keeps looking at the pastries for a while she lets out a sigh, thinking. “Should I buy one too? Chaeyoung send me a picture even...so I know her favorites now…”

“But won’t be too much bread? Or maybe I shouldn’t be visiting today...maybe later.” Nayeon thinks as she purses her lips with a sad look, she still feels guilty about the incident and doesn’t have the courage to see at Tzuyu’s eyes, at least not for now.

“Even though I would like to see her...I kinda miss her stupid jokes and stupid smiles.” Nayeon bites her inner cheek and blushes when she realizes what she thought shaking her head, sighing deeply. “What the hell am I even thinking? Is it because I finally accepted she is very important to me now?”

“I have this annoying feeling of wanting to see her...hear her voice and even feel her gentle hand.” Nayeon thinks as she keeps looking at the pastries making the employees curious about her attitude. “I want to know even more about her...it’s so funny...even though at first I acted as I didn’t have an interest in her... Chaeyoung knows her favorites pastries while I only know she likes bread she can chew for a long time.”

“I wanna get even close to her…” Nayeon thinks with a pout as she finally chooses one pastry and also asks for a coffee. “Although I don’t know if she will let me stay by her side after she knows what happened…”

“I know it is just a mere pastry...but I will apologize truly and finally start off on the right food with her and luckily your tolerant presence will accompany for a long time.” Nayeon smiles a little at the thought as she raises her head with determined eyes.

“After all, is never too late for a good change, right?”

Once she gets her coffee and the pastry she gets out of the coffee shop with a smile making the employees’ exchange looks and shrugs.

Nayeon thinks with a soft smile as she hums on her way back to the hospital, she keeps walking slowly as her thoughts are filled with the ice hero presence.

When she is passing by an alley, she hears a choked sob that makes her immediately turn her head with an alerted look, only to widen her eyes with great surprise.

Nayeon tightens her grip in the bag that has the pastry and her coffee as she looks at the scene before her.

A villain with flexible limbs is entangled like a snake choking out the air of her prey, two children crying silently because the villain has his arms curled in their necks, and his legs curled in their small bodies stopping them from moving.

Just like the few times, she had the chance to save people, without thinking more, Nayeon’s body moves first, not caring about the danger about her identity, and definitely not caring about the tiredness of the past days.

“Whenever it comes to saving someone, my body moves first and I don’t care about the injuries, as long as people are safe”

Tzuyu’s words ring in Nayeon’s head as the auburn brown-haired woman frowns with determination, thinking. “In that...we are the same, Tzuyu.”

……………………………………………………………...