Car rides and pieces.

Ignited Freedom

That same afternoon Chaeyoung’s training started at the heroes training room, even though today she was scheduled to have training with Jeongyeon and Tzuyu, the team leader decided to train alone with Chaeyoung first.

Surprisingly, Mina and Sana manage to arrive at the training, even though it’s a little bit late, they’re there, both with wide and dreamy smiles.

“Mina stop being all smiley, it’s scaring me.” Jeongyeon says with a frown and turns to look at Sana. “you too, you have been smiling since we entered here.”

“How can’t I?” Sana answers with a bubbly tone. “I finally had a date with the goddess Park Jihyo, and she said she’s interested in have more dates” The steam hero squeals excitedly.

“Momo is really cute and shy, she also cooks really well and is so pretty.” Mina says with an excited girly voice and Jeongyeon only looks at them with a half-smile.

“She kissed me on the cheek when we said goodbye.” Sana says with a dreamy look.

“She told me she wants to go on a date again and I got her number too.” Mina giggles like someone gave her laughing gas.

“I would love to hear about your dates for the nth time but tell me what do you see in Chaeyoung.” Tzuyu communicates through an earphone popping up Mina and Sana’s bubbles and making them look at Chaeyoung concentrating again.

“The computer has been analyzing her quirks.” Jeongyeon starts. “Her fire temperature goes around 600º Celsius and about her water quirk she seems to have the ability to manipulate the water’s form as you’ve been seeing since you are fighting with her, however, it’s not too strong.”

“And her movements? I already have some points to discuss but what do you see? Mina” Tzuyu asks to the chestnut at the same time she avoids a fire blast from Chaeyoung and kicks her stomach sending her to the ground with light coughs.

Even though Mina has been a little bit distracted she managed to analyze Chaeyoung’s moves. “She seems to lack technique, but I notice she has strength in her fists and legs, she might need to learn new moves and flexibility.”

“She seems to think a little bit before attacking, but she might need help to develop strategies.” Sana adds as she notices Chaeyoung wants to get up, but she can’t.

Tzuyu only hums and turns to look at Chaeyoung who seems really tired, breathing fast and sweating a lot. “I guess…maybe I overdid it?”

“Maybe?” Jeongyeon laughs with a pinch of disbelief. “The poor little girl can’t even get up, Jesus Christ it’s her first day, not even us did you this dirty when you used to train with us.”

The ice hero laughs with slight guilt and approaches Chaeyoung helping her to get up, when the younger girl it’s on her feet again she tries to separate from Tzuyu. “I can still…train a little bit more…”

The ice hero opens her eyes wide feeling surprised that Chaeyoung wants to continue even though she’s completely exhausted, she purses her lips and softens her gaze feeling nostalgic and seeing her past self in the tired black-haired girl.

Tzuyu only shakes her head and helps Chaeyoung to get out of the training cubicle with a soft smile. “I’m sure you can, but what about we have dinner and some rest?”

--------------------------------------------------------------

The moment Chaeyoung saw the table filled with food she opened her eyes with surprise, she’s used to a table full of food thanks to her sisters but this is too much, but she guesses it’s not that much food for five people.

“We don’t know what food you like.” Mina starts and puts some plates on the table with a soft smile when she sees Chaeyoung surprised eyes. “So we bought a little of everything.”

“It’s okay! I can eat anything.” Chaeyoung says with a light blush and approaches to help Mina to set the table. “Although I was going to eat at home, but I can’t refuse them.” Chaeyoung thinks.

Tzuyu appears again wearing casual clothes making Chaeyoung somewhat surprised and the ice hero raises a curious brow along with a half-smile. “What is it?”

“Oh-“ Chaeyoung looks down with shyness. “I thought…it’s unusual to see you wearing casual clothes, in pictures you always appear in elegant clothes.”

“I agree with the little girl” Jeongyeon says from the couch. “Even her closet is full of those clothes just a pair of casual shirts or pants.”

“She used to dress normally but well spending too much time with Mina affected her fashion sense.” Sana teases sticking out her tongue to Mina.

“At least I don’t wear pajamas all day.” Mina answers with a raised brow.

“Pajamas are the new fashion, you just don’t want to accept it” Sana laughs teasingly.

Mina and Sana seem to start a playful bicker that Tzuyu and Jeongyeon only look as they shake their heads until Chaeyoung tiny laugh interrupts them.

“I’m sorry.” Chaeyoung says between laughs. “You two remind me of my sisters when they fight but not too seriously.”

“Is that so?” Tzuyu asks with sudden interest as everyone sits on the table and starts to serve on their plates what they want to eat.

Chaeyoung nods eagerly seeming truly happy to remember her older sisters and that makes Tzuyu a little bit curious. “They’re only a year apart but the difference it’s clear sometimes especially with the oldest.”

The oldest…she must be talking about Nayeon.” Tzuyu thinks and feels even more interested. “What it’s your oldest sister like?”

“She is really cool!” Chaeyoung says with a bright smile that surprises Tzuyu and the team while they’re silently eating and listening to her. “She understands me and my other sister really well, and she’s always protecting us although sometimes she’s a little grumpy, she’s really kind and likes to help people.”

Tzuyu listens attentively and even puts her jaw on her hand, her food completely forgotten and that makes the other three women exchange looks.

“To be honest…since I was a kid I’ve always wanted to be a hero but there was… a few circumstances that made it a far dream.” Chaeyoung says and munches quietly for a moment thinking about her next words. “But my oldest sister told me to be brave and chase for that dream, and I completely decided when you saved me.” The youngest says as she looks at Tzuyu.

“You were fearless and you fought with everything you had even when you were visibly tired, you didn’t give up.” Chaeyoung says with an excited voice when she looks at Tzuyu who keeps looking at her with gentle eyes and scratches her neck feeling a little bit shy when she hears Chaeyoung’s excited tone. “Even when the rest of the team came to help you, you still fought not caring about the wounds…it was so admirable and heroic…you didn’t even fear for your life for a single second!”

Chaeyoung speaks like a little kid who is excited to meet her favorite hero, and Tzuyu indeed is her favorite one but she also admires the rest of the team and she doesn’t lose the chance to tell her true feelings to them.

“And when I saw the rest of the team also helping people and fighting it was such an unforgettable moment! Chaeyoung turns her head to meet the team surprised eyes but Tzuyu’s soft greyish black orbs. “I was really astonished…even though the three weren’t official heroes you didn’t even blink to save me and the people that were trapped in the train and fought the villain with tooth and nail.”

“A hero is someone who doesn’t think twice when there are people in danger” Chaeyoung says looking at them with her bright blue eyes. “when they see someone needs help, they help them not wanting something back for the help, they only care about the people’s security and integrity.”

“After I saw you fighting for the people it was completely clear for me.” Chaeyoung does a tiny bow. “Thanks for giving me hope and inspiration!”

Sana lets go of her fork, her eyes along with Jeongyeon’s express how touched they feel, and Mina makes Chaeyoung raise her head with a really kind smile and look. “It’s an honor to be an inspiration for you, you seem to know what a true hero does, and I’ll be really happy when I see you out there rescuing people and helping them, you have a bright future.”

Chaeyoung feels her eyes a little teary and shows a bright smile along with a soft laugh. “I will become the best!”

“That’s it!” Sana says and crushes Chaeyoung in a tight hug that makes the poor little girl cough but she only coughs, even more, when Jeongyeon joins. “She’s so cute and honest, I want to adopt her!”

“She’s not a puppy, Sana-unnie.” Tzuyu chuckles softly. “Although she looks like one, like a lion cub specifically.” The ice hero thinks but approaches to ruffle Chaeyoung’s hair before speaking.

“As Mina-unnie said, you have a bright future, Chaeyoung.” Tzuyu says with a soft smile. “I’m thrilled to see what impressive hero you will be, you already have the heart of a hero and the potential too. I’m sure no matter what, you are going the be one of the best.”

Tzuyu gets up from the table and pinches Chaeyoung’s nose with care and a light chuckle. “And call me by my name, we don’t need formalities.”

Chaeyoung eyes shine brightly and blush lightly and with a light stutter she speaks with a wide grin.

“Gladly! T-…Tzuyu!”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Isn’t it weird?” Jeongyeon says as she and Tzuyu walk to their house the next day after a morning jog.

“What?” Tzuyu answers with a raised brow opening her water bottle and looking at the sand hero.

“Chaeyoung’s guardian.” Jeongyeon says with a slight frown. “Why it’s her older sister? What was her name? Taeyeon-unnie told us.”

Tzuyu suddenly feels the water heavy the more she drinks and tries to act as normal as she cans and keeps drinking water to avoid the unanswered question.

“I remember!” Jeongyeon says smacking her fist softly on her palm. “Im Nayeon. that’s her name isn’t it?”

The blue grey-haired woman nods slowly and closes her water bottle. “Yep, that’s her name, why is it weird?” Tzuyu asks trying to sound normal.

“Because her sister it’s her guardian, it’s not a sight of every day.” The blonde says with a curious tone.

“Maybe they don’t get along with their parents?” Tzuyu shrugs not trying to dive too much in the topic. “When I was in the university Grandma Suzy was my guardian.”

Jeongyeon snaps her fingers and nods in agreement. “That could be a possibility, but even though I’m curious it’s not my business.”

The ice hero nods softly. “Exactly, maybe it’s a sensitive topic, who knows? Chaeyoung might tell us or not but either wayit’s okay.” Tzuyu says and turns to look aside suddenly remembering about the fire villain.

“But Jeongyeon-unnie is right, it’s not my business…but I have to admit it’s weird for me too.” Tzuyu thinks and they keep walking silently.

However, their peaceful walk seems to be interrupted by the loud sound of a wall breaking and people screaming.

The two heroes turn around with wide eyes to see the wall of a house completely destroyed and two girls who seem to be threatening a scared and trembling man.

“Let’s go!” Tzuyu says to Jeongyeon who nods and runs with Tzuyu towards the two girls.

“Jeongyeon, Tzuyu!” Both hear Wendy’s voice through their smartwatches. “There are two villains near you and they’re part of the most searched ones!”

“We don’t have our costumes, they are recharging in the capsule.” Jeongyeon says with a frown and continues. “So it could be very useful if you tell us about their quirks.”

“The one with brown hair has a quirk that causes bone pain if her ink touches your skin, it hurts as much as a sprain.” Wendy informs quickly. “The one with black hair has a speed quirk, it seems like the impacts don’t hurt her body too much.”

“Thanks! We can manage them.” Tzuyu answers once they arrive and looks at the two villains with a frown.

“My my.” The one with brown hair shows a wicked smile. “Second-to-none is here, this is so convenient.”

“Leave the civilians.” Jeongyeon orders with a harsh tone looking at the two villains, one holding a passed-out man from the neck and the other only keeping people as hostage

“We can’t.” The one with black hair shows a wicked smile as she keeps holding the civilian from the neck and that makes Jeongyeon frown even more. “He has something we want, something that is ours.”

“So don’t get on our way, stupid freaks.” The one with brown hair says and shots Tzuyu a large amount of ink almost like a large wave.

The ice hero notices there are people behind her, the people who were taken as hostage took the opportunity to escape, trying to run away to a safe place, so Tzuyu moves her feet to create an ice wall to protect them and cover herself with a shield of ice.

Since Tzuyu made a big ice wall now she is trapped with the villain in a part of the house leaving Jeongyeon to deal with the other villain.

Jeongyeon barely has time to react only to feel a hit on her stomach that sends her flying to the other street, she only gets up in time to roll and avoid another hit from the girl with high speed.

The sand hero also notices the man that girl was grabbing from his neck is laying on the pieces of the broken wall, but when she wants to approach him the girl with super speed kicks her back making her cough but recover quickly standing on guard.

“This er is going to be hard to deal with.” Jeongyeon thinks as she looks around and senses the next move this time successfully stopping the girl’s fast fist with her sand protecting her.

Meanwhile, Tzuyu is having a hard time trying to avoid the ink and attack successfully the brown-haired villain.

“If only you and your stupid team didn’t stick your nasty noses where it didn’t belong, Wildfire-N wouldn’t have robed us” The villain says with an angry tone and Tzuyu frowns thinking immediately about Nayeon and that makes her distract for a moment.

She senses a strong pain in her uncovered arm that makes her stop for a moment because it really hurts and even though she has felt pain like this when she overused her quirk, she isn’t immune to it.

“And if only she wasn’t like a dog wagging her tail” The villain says with a disgusted and cold tone smiling wickedly when she sees Tzuyu’s evident pain.

“What the hell is she talking about?” The ice hero thinks and looks around noticing the people successfully escaped and exhales cold air, as she acts like she can’t move her arm and the villain approaches more.

“Defeating you will be an amazing accomplishment.” The villain girl laughs quietly but deadly as she keeps approaching and raises her hands with a wicked smile. “Or should I kill you?”

Tzuyu only looks at the brown-haired with a cold look and remains quiet analyzing the villain’s movements who jumps, still with her wicked smile with both hands in Tzuyu’s face direction.

The ice hero avoids the attack and the villain opens her eyes with surprise because she believed Tzuyu was feeling to much pain and she couldn’t move, the ice hero freezes her knuckles and punches the villain’s stomach successfully knocking the wind out of her.

The villain coughs and crashes on the ice wall Tzuyu made still coughing the villain feels her hands frozen and turns to look around finding that the ice hero moved her feet and trapped her hands with ice.

Tzuyu breathes and exhales a bit of cold air, looking at the unsurprised but dull villain’s eyes, even though she has been captured she remains silent.

“Now this is the usually collected villain.” The hero thinks and approaches the villain girl, her steps sound loud as her feet crack the ice beneath them.

“You were talking a while ago, why did you stop?” Tzuyu asks with a cold look without letting her guard down. “Were you angry?”

The brown-haired villain looks at her with an inexpressive look and Tzuyu exhales cold air again her greyish black orbs never leaving the villain’s girl eyes, thinking. “One of the ways villains get talkative and provocative is when they’re angry, but she seems to be holding back really well.”

“Was it Wildfire-N?” When Tzuyu names the fire villain she can see the villain girl in front of her show a frown for a moment before she turns inexpressive again. “What does she robed from you that you attacked this house?”

The villain girl only looks at her, still silent and Tzuyu only shakes her head when she notices her arms are starting to tremble, the ice hero also doesn’t want to lose her time with villains who don’t speak, so when she hears the police sirens she turns around and leaves the villain behind only breaking part of the ice wall she made to let the police enter along with a couple of supporting heroes.

She gives a last look the villain girl who was also looking at her with dull eyes, Tzuyu only narrows her eyes and remembers what she said about Nayeon.

“if only she wasn’t like a dog wagging her tail”

What does that mean? Nayeon’s savage and cocky attitude doesn’t let her portray her like someone obedient.

So why would she wag her tail? Maybe to Stormwater-M?

The hero can only let out a tired sigh, she doesn’t like it whenever there are more pieces in the puzzle.

Pieces that she doesn’t know where they belong.

----------------------------------------------------------

The next day after Chaeyoung’s training, Tzuyu offers to give her a ride and the always cheerful little girl accepts.

The ride is quiet since the novice hero looks around the luxury inside the car has, even touching with curiosity a couple of buttons in the passenger seat, of course, with delicacy.

Tzuyu only chuckles internally and puts some music noticing Chaeyoung moving her head from time to time and she also moves her head at the music’s rhythm raising a curious eyebrow since she’s driving Mina’s Porsche again and she usually has classical music but this song sounds energic.

“Maybe she let her mysterious date save some music here.” Tzuyu thinks with a smile and a funny frown. “Even though she rarely let us put music here, mmm suspicious.”

When they arrive at Chaeyoung’s house, the younger girl gets out from the car not before thanking Tzuyu but Tzuyu also gets out from the car surprising Chaeyoung.

“Can I talk to your guardian?” Tzuyu asks with a light smile and Chaeyoung smiles as she nods. “Sure, I will call her, would you like to enter?”

“Oh no, thank you I’m fine here, really.” Tzuyu smiles and waits in front of the car as Chaeyoung squints her eyes trying to debate whether she insists or not but she remembers it was somewhat awkward when she was between her older sister and Tzuyu so she decides to only call for Nayeon as soon as she opens the door.

Chaeyoung enters the house waving goodbye excitedly to Tzuyu and the hero smiles answering the wave softly before Nayeon appears and tells something to Chaeyoung.

The young girl only nods and shows a bright smile, hugging Nayeon fastly before entering the house.

Nayeon looks at Chaeyoung with a tender smile that takes Tzuyu by surprise and even opens a little. “So even you can smile like that…” the hero thinks but hides with her cap when she notices Nayeon turns to look at her and approaches.

“And? What do you want?” The fire villain asks with a raised brow and crossed arms in front of the hero her tone sounds somewhat calm.

“Are you free tomorrow? In the afternoon.” Tzuyu asks looking at Nayeon with a normal face, hands in her coat pockets and expecting for her answer

Nayeon blinks with surprise and takes a couple of minutes before she looks at Tzuyu with suspicious eyes thinking maybe this is a joke because why the hero would ask that?

“Maybe because she wants to know more about you and have a good time? Like, helloo? You forgot about the little volleyball play already?” the voice inside her head shows up as always making Nayeon roll her eyes internally and answer. “ She doesn’t have friends for that?”

“When are you going to stop with this defensive nature? Stop acting, since yesterday, you feel more comfortable with her, she doesn’t even irritate you as she used to.”

The voice speaks pure facts and Nayeon knows it, she clenches her jaw internally, the hero’s presence doesn’t annoy her that much anymore and when they played volleyball it was…a relaxing experience.

But she won’t admit she would like to repeat that short experience, never.

“Prideful brat.”

This time Nayeon can’t control her surprise and opens with disbelief, how dare this voice that sounds like her to call her-

“Is everything all right?” Tzuyu’s voice makes Nayeon react as always and she shakes her head to shake off her previous indignation towards her inner voice. “Yeah…”

“About tomorrow.” The hero starts again and coughs awkwardly and Nayeon looks at Tzuyu’s facial expression noticing the tall girl is doing her best effort as always.

The fire villain lets out a light sigh not wanting to admit she almost admires how Tzuyu is persistent about wanting to know her without giving her bad vibes.

So she looks at Tzuyu’s eyes with a normal look, neither annoyed nor irritated. “Tomorrow I’m free in the afternoon, but just a few hours.”

Tzuyu face lights up only a little but enough for Nayeon to notice it and smile internally, it’s a complete mystery to her why Tzuyu does all of this, but she is still not sure to ask for that answer.

The hero feels like they’re progressing even more and can’t help but show a little smile, sensing Nayeon’s now, slightly calm energy not too wary like the past times and it alleviates her, because she really wants to know Nayeon.

At first, it was only a little curiosity but right now it’s something she can’t shake off her mind, not after Nayeon’s acts and attitudes that make her, even more, intrigued each time they meet each other.

“Can I pick you up?” Tzuyu asks still wearing a light smile on her face, she has a plan that maybe will make Nayeon open up a little bit more considering the details she remembers.

Nayeon seems to think about it for a little while and finally nods. “Yeah, but pick me up in the convenience store that is two blocks away from here.”

Tzuyu notices the lack of “please” in Nayeon’s sentence but well, she cannot expect too many manners from her. “Sure, I will wait there at 4:00 o’clock.”

With that Tzuyu only shows Nayeon a light smile again and gets in her car starting the engine, leaving Nayeon behind not before she waves goodbye.

The fire villain raises her hand almost waving back but closes her palm and only shakes her head sighing.

“Im Nayeon, what are you doing?” Nayeon whispers as soon as she turns around and enters her house.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprisingly when Tzuyu arrives at the convenience store, this time with her white Mercedes she sees Nayeon waiting and leaning against a pole her eyes on her phone and one hand on her jeans pocket, wearing a simple black t-shirt.

Nayeon looks up when she hears an engine and approaches the white car, opening the passenger door and widening her brownish-green eyes when she enters and looks at the car’s luxury inside.

“Your seatbelt, Ma’am.” Tzuyu says as she starts to drive and only hears Nayeon’s scoff but smiles a little when she hears the seatbelt clicking.

“Where are we going?” The auburn-brown woman looks at Tzuyu while she drives still looking around with interest and surprise the car’s interior making the hero chuckle internally.

“To a fun place.” Tzuyu answers shortly and keeps driving with a light smirk that Nayeon manages to see and makes her squint her eyes. “If this is a-“

“No, it’s not a trap, I swear.” Tzuyu lets out a tired sigh and when they are in front of red light the ice hero turns to look at Nayeon still squinting her eyes and only rolls her eyes putting a hand on her head as they wait for the green light.

Nayeon seems to believe her and can see from the side of her eyes the girl leans in her seat and tries to touch the car’s stereo making Tzuyu frown and give Nayeon’s hand a light slap.

The fire villain turns to look at Tzuyu with an indignant look. “I want to hear something that is not silence Chou, is that too much to ask?”

“Then, ask before touching my precious stereo, not everyone has the privilege.” Tzuyu lets out a light scoff and Nayeon answers with a slight grimace.

“Maybe your music is boring, and you don’t want me to hear your poor music taste.” Nayeon says as she raises her eyebrows and looks at the window.

“Twice is not boring.” Tzuyu answers with a scoff.

“Do you like Twice?” Nayeon then turns to look at Tzuyu with wide eyes, not expecting the hero would hear a kpop band, she looked like she would hear rock or electronic maybe?

“Who doesn’t?” The blue grey-haired girl lets out a light chuckle. “Red velvet is awesome too.”

“Well, certainly your music taste isn’t poor at all.” Nayeon says as she turns to look at the window again feeling the red light is being eternal. “Red velvet has no bad songs.”

“We can finally agree on something, I see.” Tzuyu says with a light chuckle that makes Nayeon only give her a side look. “Do you have a favorite song from them or of other artists?”

“I like ballads but that’s something I’m not going to tell you, nope.” Nayeon thinks and also tries to remember a song. “Oxygen, from twice’s recent album.”

Tzuyu raises her eyebrows, only making a slightly surprised face and touches her stereo searching for the song, she hears the song playing in the car when the light changes to green and Tzuyu drives again, tapping the steering wheel from time to time and noticing Nayeon moving her head following the song rhythm.

The hero can even notice Nayeon mouthing the lyrics and Tzuyu only lets out a slight smile as she continues driving.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*with Wendy’s voice* Surprise 😉

Jsjsjjs hello again C: I wanted to do a doble update so here it is! I hope you like it.

Where is Tzuyu going to take Nayeon? mmm, I wonder wheree

I will see you later! Please enjoy and try to eat well C: