Green-eyed nightmare

Ignited Freedom

Chaeyoung clenches her fists as she keeps running behind Sunmi, even if she keeps running with all her might, she cannot reach her.

She can see Sunmi enters in a room, closing the iron and heavy door fastly, but it perishes against Chaeyoung’s powerful fire blast.

Chaeyoung breathes heavily as she looks around, the room is dark and barely has some light making her stay on guard as if she were in the wolf’s mouth.

Sunmi is watching her, she can feel it.

Is now when she understands why she has never liked her eyes.

Even if they are like beautiful green gems, they always hid something.

Her horrifying and dark intentions.

--------------------------------------------------

FLASHBACK

The youngest of the three sisters wanders around the unknown house, her sisters told her this is going to be their new home.

“Mom and dad live here too?” Chaeyoung asks with an innocent smile as she looks up to meet their sister’s surprised eyes, Nayeon is quick to recover, the oldest always answers her questions, it seems like she has an answer for any question Chaeyoung has, and that is one of the many reasons why her older sister is so cool for her.

“They live in another house, but they will come, we just have to wait for them.” Nayeon says with her biggest smile even when what she is saying is hurting her too, she doesn’t want Chaeyoung to feel like her and Momo, who is also starting to see what is really happening.

“Do we have to wait more?” Chaeyoung says with a sad face as she looks down, making a disappointed pout.

Nayeon gently envelops Chaeyoung in a soft hug, burying her sister’s face on her shoulder. “We just have to be patient, okay?”

The youngest nods slowly, still feeling sad she snuggles to her older sister even closer, maybe it’s because of her quirk, that Chaeyoung always feels her so warm, warmer than anyone.

“Have you finished unpacking?”

An older voice speaks to them, Chaeyoung only holds onto her sister even tighter, she knows that voice.

“Almost! We just need to unpack Chaeyoung’s things” Nayeon says with a happy voice, Chaeyoung feels someone is approaching and crouches to be at their height.

That person is watching her, she knows.

“Chaeyoung, you have to help your sisters too, don’t let them do all the job.”

The voice sounds gentle and sweet but not in a good way at least for Chaeyoung.

Maybe because this person is still a stranger to her, and she is shy around strangers.

“Y-yes, I’ll help Nayeon-unnie and Momo-unnie.” Chaeyoung mutters, her face still buried in Nayeon’s shoulder, she refuses to see the person talking to them.

“Chae, don’t be so shy, she is not-“Nayeon speaks as she tries to separate from Chaeyoung but the person stops her.

“It’s okay! It’s the first time meeting you three, and you will also start to live with me, it’s normal that she is being so shy.” The person says as she keeps looking at Chaeyoung. “We will get along in no time! Trust your auntie okay?”

Again, that sweet but suspicious tone.

Is it because she was already used to playing with the other children she met in the big house that she is being quite wary? Is it because everything is new to her?

She is still very young and that’s why she is still quite confused and…scared.

Scared of those shinny and strange green eyes, looking at her deeply when she separates a little from Nayeon.

Chaeyoung wants to believe it’s because she is shy around strangers…after all… she doesn’t have to be scared of her own family, right?

--------------------------------------

Six years later, Chaeyoung doesn’t know why she was afraid of those green eyes, not when their aunt is such a gentle person to them.

Chaeyoung believes to this day it was because she was very shy years ago.

In her aunt’s eyes, there’s nothing but sweet kindness, whenever she cooks them dinner, welcomes them from school, spoils them with food or anything they want.

Whatever thing any of them wanted, their aunt always got it for them.

Sometimes she comes back later from work, really late, their aunt told them it’s because she has three works.

Chaeyoung can only be even more grateful anytime there’s food on her plate, despite being young, she doesn’t take her aunt’s efforts for granted.

However, …something changes when Nayeon and Momo start to work with their aunt too.

Their sisters have amazing quirks, no wonder they’re so strong, but Chaeyoung notices her sisters get even stronger than they were, maybe working helps you to get stronger? Chaeyoung can only imagine why her sisters got stronger…

Her sisters’ quirks aren’t the only thing that changes about them, Chaeyoung notices that sometimes they get a little nervous around her, they also start to talk between them not letting Chaeyoung about what they talk.

It only gets weirder when she was looking at the news about heroes with excitement, her two sisters are beside her, watching the news in silence, Chaeyoung turns to see them with a wide smile on her face. “Heroes are amazing!! Aren’t they? They can do anyt-“

Chaeyoung stops when she sees her sisters’ expressions as they keep looking at the news.

Their eyes looking intenseserious and slightly disgusted.

Chaeyoung blinks with great surprise, it’s the first time she has seen those expressions on her sisters’ eyes, why are they looking at the heroes like that?...don’t they like heroes like everyone else?

Momo and Nayeon seem to realize Chaeyoung was staring at them, as they quickly soften their gazes as they turn to see Chaeyoung, Nayeon is the one speaking first trying her best to smile. “I suppose they are, right Momo?”

Momo only nods, her expression radiates slight discomfort. “Y-Yeah”

The younger one narrows her eyes for a few moments as she returns her vision towards the TV, she can totally see her sisters are lying.

And Chaeyoung cannot help but wonder why her sisters seem to don’t like heroes.

--------------------------------------------

Time flies, and when Chaeyoung sees, she is seventeen already, she is approaching the years where she must choose where her path should go.

And no matter how much time has passed, she is determined to be one thing.

“I wanna be a hero”

Chaeyoung says out loud from the sofa, Sunmi who was doing the dishes stops abruptly.

“Excuse me dear, what did you say?” Sunmi asks, for some reason her voice sounds…strange.

“I said I want to be a hero.” Chaeyoung repeats, her voice a little bit louder.

Sunmi remains quiet, and Chaeyoung doesn’t know why the air in the room is starting to feel tense, as if she said something she didn’t.

Sunmi starts to walk where she is, Chaeyoung can feel herself getting more nervous with each step.

“There are…plenty of other things you can be Chaeyoung…anything but a hero.” Sunmi’s voice sounds serious and angry. “Why would you want to be one of those…? There are plenty already.”

Chaeyoung doesn’t have the courage to look up, and again she doesn’t know why, it’s like she is scared of the woman before her…

“Because…they save people no matter how difficult can be, they don’t care about the wounds…or the people’s status, if someone is in danger you know there will be someone there who will save you.” Chaeyoung says with determination even when her voice is trembling. “I-…I wanna be someone like that too!”

Chaeyoung raises her head to finally meet her aunt’s eyes, feeling her body frozen completely when she sees the silently furious green eyes, looking at her with disgust and anger.

Sunmi crouches down to meet Chaeyoung frightened eyes, her green eyes shining with a terrifying light. “The heroes you describe…doesn’t exist, Chaeyoung.”

Why would someone save a stranger for free?... Why would someone risk their lives for worthless people? ...” Sunmi’s voice is quiet but incredibly tense. “Because they’re noble? Good people?....”

Sunmi’s hand caresses Chaeyoung’s face and the girl jumps, frightened as she notices she is trembling.

“No dear…they don’t care about people…saving lives…the only thing they care about, do you know what it is?” Sunmi stops caressing Chaeyoung’s face as she retracts her hand, the younger girl’s eyes slowly look at Sunmi’s hand, jumping again when Sunmi makes her nail grow, looking like dangerous and sharp claws.

Power.” Sunmi’s nails start to grow for each word she says, and Chaeyoung trembles, even more, she is feeling like a cornered prey, her heart beating fast with fear.

Money.” Sunmi’s voice also starts to turn angrier, and Chaeyoung can’t recognize her anymore, is like she is also talking about something else…something making her even more furious than just Chaeyoung wanting to be a hero.

“And Status.” The older woman keeps looking at Chaeyoung, her green eyes like daggers wanting to rip the younger one in half.

“…I know you are not like that.” Sunmi says in a quiet but firm voice, there’s something still terrifying in her tone. “You are a good kid Chaeyoung….”

“And someone as good as you…shouldn’t waste her quirks in such…disgusting job.” Sunmi says as she stands up, grabbing Chaeyoung’s jaw, with a firm and somewhat strong grasp. “Are we clear?”

Chaeyoung looks at the shinning green eyes with fear as she can feel her body trembling at the feeling of the sharp claws almost digging in her jaw dangerously….

The younger girl makes a trembling fist as she purses her lips, despite the fear…she cannot help to start feeling anger after hearing her aunt’s words.

And she definitely doesn’t know from where she gets the strength to slap away Sunmi’s hand from her face as she stands up abruptly.

Her body is still trembling, and her breath is quite irregular, but even with that Chaeyoung’s determination doesn’t quiver.

“I…I’m thankful for everything you have done for us, but…” Chaeyoung swallows as she looks at her aunt who has an unreadable expression as she keeps looking at her hand. “But…I will be what I want…”

“It’s my life, not yours.”

And with that Chaeyoung hurries to the door, not only because she cannot stand the anxious and tense feeling in her chest…

But because of the horrendous and asphyxiating feeling…telling her to run away.

Before the woman with green eyes rips her apart.

END OF THE FLASHBACK

-------------------------------------------------------------

Even now, Chaeyoung hasn’t forgotten that feeling, her body is trembling even if she is ready to fight, she turns around when she hears heels approaching her.

“Are you going to run away this time Chaeyoung?” Sunmi says with a smug smirk as she looks at the challenging blue eyes. “Or you are not a lily-livered anymore?”

“I’m not afraid of you.” Chaeyoung states with a firm voice her eyes never leaving Sunmi out of sight.

“Your body is trembling dear.” Sunmi says as her smirk grows a little bit, her claws caressing her jaw as she looks at the younger girl with amusement. “Stop acting and run, you still have time.”

“It’s not like you can do something against me.”

Chaeyoung grits her teeth as she makes a fist, her blue eyes shining with anger, her body trembling but not because of fear.

“I have the one who has made my sister and innocent people suffer in front of me…the one who poisoned Tzuyu…and other heroes…the one who has been behind chaos and murders…”

“…And you expect me to do nothing?” Chaeyoung’s knuckles start to turn white as she looks at Sunmi like a furious beast, the amusement in Sunmi’s face only grows.

“Don’t make me laugh.”

Chaeyoung raises her hand to shoot Sunmi a powerful fire blast, the villain lets out a chuckle as she puts one of her hands on her hips, easily dodging Chaeyoung’s fire blast, and blocking Chaeyoung’s fire fist when the younger tries to punch her face.

The younger one doesn’t stop there, turning fast to quick Sunmi, but the villain dodges her move easily.

Chaeyoung keeps trying to punch her or kick her, even if she is using her fire quirk, it’s like Sunmi can read every single move she is going to do.

“Is this everything?” Sunmi says as she dodges a kick, the smug smile still on her lips making Chaeyoung feel even angrier, but the young hero can’t do another move when Sunmi grabs her face forcefully, the movement was so fast that Chaeyoung didn’t have time to dodge.

Sunmi’s smile only grows into a wicked one as she raises Chaeyoung, swinging the hero as if she was a puppet until she throws her with great force, Chaeyoung flies away until her back crashes loudly against the wall.

She doesn’t even blink when she feels Sunmi’s knee digging in her stomach, she can hear her ribs cracking as she coughs blood.

She can hear Sunmi’s wicked laugh as she feels her hand on her neck, making it even more difficult to breathe.

“I like your spirit Chaeyoung! You attacked me without a doubt! That’s good!” Sunmi’s smile only grows as Chaeyoung opens her eyes to look at her with fury. “Your sisters couldn’t even dare to attack me but you…ahh those eyes, that challenging attitude you have always had…if only you showed your two quirks sooner.”

“You could have been more useful than those two.”

It seems that hearing this, makes Chaeyoung even angrier as she kicks Sunmi with great force, the villain was so immersed in her talk she didn’t see Chaeyoung’s move.

“Useful…?” Chaeyoung grits her teeth as she uses her water whip to grab Sunmi smashing her against the ground, the young hero jumps as she almost kicks Sunmi from above, but the villain dodged her kick with a satisfied smirk.

“DON’T WITH ME!!” Chaeyoung grabs Sunmi by her collar, with a forceful move, her voice full of fury. “MY SISTERS ARE MORE THAN THAT YOU PIECE OF !! WE ARE NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN USE!!”

“ALL THESE YEARS! ALL THE TIMES YOU TREATED US SWEETLY! WHY DID YOU DO IT?!!” Chaeyoung shakes Sunmi’s body, gripping her collar even harder, Sunmi’s face is covered by her hair. “EVERYTHING WAS A ING LIE!!”

“YOU USED MY SISTERS!! YOU BRAINWASHED THEM WITH YOUR HATE FOR HEROES!! WITH EVERYTHING!!” Chaeyoung roars, gritting her teeth as she tries to hold back her angered tears. “YOU TOOK OUR MEMORIES AWAY!! YOU TRIED TO KILL MY FRIENDS! YOU SEPARATED US FROM OUR MOTHER!!”

Chaeyoung raises her fist covered with fire as she looks at Sunmi with hate and fury. “I’LL NOT REST UNTIL I CRUSH EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF YOU! I’LL MAKE YOU PAY FOR EVERYTHING!!”

Chaeyoung tries to punch Sunmi but the villain stops her fist surprising the young hero, even more, when the villain starts using more strength, Chaeyoung widens her eyes, she notices this time Sunmi’s strength feels… different.

“I think, I have let you play and whine enough.”

Sunmi punches Chaeyoung’s jaw with great force, making Chaeyoung let out a pained gasp, the villain doesn’t waste time, punching Chaeyoung’s chest, sending the novice hero to the ground.

Chaeyoung feels dizzy as she shakes her head with wide eyes, she tries to stand up Sunmi’s movements aren’t the same as before, they are stronger, faster and-

The novice hero can’t even see Sunmi’s kick coming to her face, as she rolls to the ground but this time, her feet slide on the floor, until she manages to stop the movement.

She looks around fast, her senses alarming when she doesn’t see Sunmi around, only to feel a strong hit against from above landing on her back, the floor breaking thunderously.

Chaeyoung can feel her body in complete pain after the impact, coughing blood, she grits her teeth when she realizes she can barely move, the hits she has received are far stronger than any other ones, even Jessica’s.

Was that her full force?! When I fought against Jessica… I could defend myself…. but with her…! I can’t even see her moves!...” Chaeyoung thinks as she blinks the dust of concrete is also affecting her view, her arms trembling, as she tries to stand up. “her abilities…her power…the gap is too much!”

“Pathetic.”

Sunmi’s heels resound as she stands before Chaeyoung looking down at her with displeased eyes. “Is that how far your rage can go…? Didn’t you say you would crush me?”

Chaeyoung makes a fist as she keeps trying to stand up raising her head to meet Sunmi’s dull eyes with her challenging ones, despite her state.

“All of you always manage to disappoint me…” Sunmi says as she grabs Chaeyoung by her collar despite her broken costume, raising the novice hero with ease, Chaeyoung wants to do something but Sunmi’s strength is too much for her, the villain is grabbing her with so much force she can barely breathe.

Chaeyoung grabs Sunmi’s hand using her fire to try to burn her costume at least, but she can’t.

“Do you think you can burn me?... you can’t even use blue fire.” Sunmi says as she narrows her eyes, her voice sounding dull and serious. “Such a weakling…. you couldn’t even scratch me…”

“Things would’ve been different if your quirk showed up sooner, it’s a shame… really.” Sunmi keeps holding Chaeyoung’s neck as she desperately tries to break free.

Sunmi raises her other hand, her claws shining as she keeps looking at Chaeyoung with dullness, mixed with disgust. “You choose death, since the very moment you told me you wanted to be a hero, Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung spits on Sunmi’s face and Sunmi’s look gets darker as she narrows her eyes even more, as Chaeyoung looks down with despise.

“…you…” Chaeyoung manages to say with a fierce voice, she keeps gritting her teeth as she looks at Sunmi defiantly, the fire in her eyes still shining, refusing to perish.

“Even at the verge of dead …what a disobedient child…” Sunmi raises her hand more, her green eyes shining with deadly fury.

Farewell, Chaeyoung.”

Chaeyoung can only hear her heart beating, fast, almost escaping from her ribcage, she can sense Sunmi’s hand moving fast, if she doesn’t manage to dodge at least she is sure Sunmi will cut off her h-!

“GET YOUR ING HANDS AWAY FROM HER!!!”

Someone shouts as Sunmi is hit by a powerful blast of blue fire, followed by a water hand punching her face, Sunmi’s back crashes against two walls breaking them in the process, the dust covering Chaeyoung’s vision, she cannot see how far Sunmi is.

But she definitely sees two familiar figures, her gazes enraged, furious, filled with hate as they look in the direction where Sunmi’s body crashed.

“Nayeon…unnie…Momo…unnie…”

Chaeyoung can feel her body falling to the ground again but two pairs of arms catch her as she feels her sister holding her with desperation.

“CHAEYOUNG!! CHAEYOUNG!! PLEASE TALK TO US!! CHAEYOUNG!!”

She can hear Nayeon and Momo’s voices, tearful, desperate, anxious…

She wonders how bad her body looks for her sisters to be in such a state.

It must be because of how hard Sunmi was choking her, the air is finally entering her lungs and her vision starts to get normal, she hears her sisters’ voices even more clear.

“CHAEYOUNG!!!”

The young hero blinks a couple of times before she can finally meet her sisters’ eyes full of tears, she can even feel the tears falling on her face.

“Unnie…” Chaeyoung says with a tearful voice, as she smiles when she can finally see her two sisters clearly. “Nayeon…unnie…Momo..unnie…!”

Nayeon and Momo breathe with great relief and happiness, when they hear Chaeyoung, crushing the little one with a gentle and desperate hug, fearing someone will take the young hero away from them.

“Thank god!... C-chaeyoung!...we were so scared!..” she hears her sisters speak between sobs as they caress her head with such gentleness, still holding her close.

Chaeyoung nuzzles against them, refusing to escape from their embrace as she can feel she can finally breathe.

The sisters remain like this for a few moments before they start to separate slowly, she can feel Nayeon’s gentle hand caressing her cheek, Chaeyoung’s voice sounds still weak but is recovering her normal tone. “You…came…”

“Of course we did!” Momo says between sobs. “Do you think we would have let you fight against her alone?!”

“But… everyone?... Tzuyu!?” Chaeyoung asks with deep worry as she grabs Nayeon’s arm gripping her costume, looking at her sister with alarmed eyes.

“Park Jihyo and Dahyun are taking care of her…they gave her the antidote at the right time… she will be okay.” Nayeon reassures her as she gently cleans some dust from Chaeyoung’s cheek.

Chaeyoung lets out a relieved sigh smiling as she looks at her sisters again, smiling more as she hugs them again, relief washing over her body “Thank you…thank you for saving me…”

Chaeyoung starts trembling as she keeps hugging her older sisters, a while ago, even when she was looking at Sunmi with a defiant look…she can’t deny she was… scared…

Because she knew she was going to die.

Momo and Nayeon envelop Chaeyoung in a protective and warm hug as they feel Chaeyoung’s trembling body, pursing their lips when they feel Chaeyoung clawing to their costumes with desperation… if they have arrived a second later…

Nayeon grits her teeth as she holds Chaeyoung even closer, blood boiling in anger, as she thinks about what could have happened.

It seems like she is not the only one, she can sense Momo is also tense, her blue eyes filled with great fury as she also holds Chaeyoung closer.

The hate and fury they felt against Sunmi before...it’s insignificant to the one they are feeling right now.

And it only grows when they hear a wicked laugh coming from the broken walls, excited claps also joining the laugh.

“HA…HAAHAHA! HOLY !”

The sisters turn around, Momo and Nayeon looking at Sunmi with great rage, even their bodies are trembling because of it, the two of them are like wild animals waiting to rip Sunmi’s body apart.

“GIVE ME A BREAK!” Sunmi says with a wicked smile as she puts a hand on her face, rage also shining in her eyes, as she slowly stops laughing until her stare turns darker and serious. “You three are being very disobedient…that’s not good…not good..”

Sunmi opens her palm, showing her sharp claws as she keeps a hand on her face, tilting her head as she looks at the sisters with cold and furious eyes “Maybe…I should make you three sleep forever…”

Nayeon and Momo look at Sunmi with challenging and angered eyes, as they stand up before Chaeyoung, Nayeon makes a fist of blue fire and Momo shows a big fist made of water.

“Try if you can.”

Sunmi smiles wickedly as she starts running towards them, Momo and Nayeon also run, their fists clashing against Sunmi’s claws as they start a fierce battle.

Sunmi blocks their attacks, the wicked smile doesn’t go away, making the sisters even angrier, Nayeon tries to punch Sunmi’s face while Momo puts a hand on the ground after dodging Sunmi’s claw-attack, the blue-eyed girl tries to kick Sunmi on the face too.

However, neither of their hits land on Sunmi’s face, as the villain grabs Nayeon’s fist and Momo’s leg, using a great force to swing them away, smashing them on the ground strongly.

Momo and Nayeon let out surprised and painful gasps, however, they don’t waste time getting up again, Nayeon uses a fire blast that manages to hit Sunmi, sending her far away, Momo creates a water flow to crash Sunmi against the ceiling.

Sunmi falls and dodges their next hits with a back stunt, jumping in time to be above them when Nayeon creates another fire blast, she senses Momo behind her trying to kick her, but she grabs the girl’s leg sending Momo’s body to collide against Nayeon’s, making them let out surprised gasps.

The two rolls over, but stand up as fast as they can, Nayeon doesn’t see when Sunmi attacks them again, but this time she only focuses on Momo, colliding a fist against Momo’s stomach, Momo’s ribs breaking as she coughs blood, as the ground breaks making Momo fall.

“MOMO!!” Nayeon yells as she tries to grab Momo’s hand but Sunmi doesn’t let her, kicking her in the face.

Nayeon tries to strike again with a fire blast but Sunmi dodges it, grabbing Nayeon’s neck to smash her against the nearest wall.

Nayeon coughs as she grits her teeth, glaring at Sunmi with fury, Sunmi only looks at her with disappointment, her voice full of cold anger. “You had the perfect opportunity to attack me…but as always your stupid emotions control you…”

“You three resemble so much to her it’s disgusting…always wanting to protect everyone before yourself…” Sunmi pressures Nayeon against the wall making the girl close one eye because of the pressure and force on her neck.

“I did everything to bury that goddammed behavior…to make you act as I wanted… YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE THE PERFECT VILLIANS! YOU WERE SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE ME!! NOT LIKE HER!!!”” Sunmi says as she starts gritting her teeth, her hold on Nayeon’s neck tightens. “I GAVE YOU EVERYTHING AND YET YOU THREE DARE TO ACT AS YOU LIKE!!”

Nayeon manages to raise a hand, griping Sunmi’s costume with force as she starts to push Sunmi, her back starts separating from the broken concrete, Sunmi’s eyes widening because of Nayeon’s force.

“We…are our own persona…our feelings…our emotions…IS SOMETHING YOU WILL NEVER CONTROL!” Nayeon pushes Sunmi even more, her body is finally free from the broken wall. “I don’t care…if you raised us, if you gave us everything… THAT DOESN’T GIVE YOU THE RIGHT TO DO EVERYTHING YOU DID!!

Nayeon raises her head to meet Sunmi’s surprised eyes with her burning ones, her voice loud and strong.

“WE ARE NOT YOUR ING DOLLS!!”

And with that, Nayeon kicks Sunmi on the stomach, hard enough to feel her bones cracking against her knee as it keeps digging until Sunmi is sent to roll on the ground.

Nayeon runs towards Sunmi, the villain stands up only to receive a punch on the face, she manages to stop Nayeon’s kick when she attacks again, but Nayeon doesn’t waste time as she keeps attacking Sunmi, also blocking and dodging the villain’s attacks, until Sunmi stops her two fists, her claws almost digging on them, but her costume is still protecting them.

“If we were the same girls you brainwashed…we wouldn’t have been able to fight you…” Nayeon says as she makes Sunmi take a step back as she starts putting more force on her fists, her eyes shining with anger and determination. “BUT WE CHANGED!! AND NOW WE WILL FIGHT UNTIL YOU PAY FOR EVERYTHING!!”

“WE? DON’T MAKE ME ING LAUGH!” Sunmi says with a wicked smile as she makes Nayeon take a step back, making Nayeon grit her teeth. “YOUR USELESS SISTERS HAVE BEEN DEFEATED!! WHAT CAN YOU DO ALONE?!!”

Sunmi can only gasp with astonishment when she feels a strong water flow hitting her jaw from below, she widens her eyes with anger when she sees two familiar figures emerging from where the water flow came.

“SHE IS NOT ALONE!!” Momo and Chaeyoung say at the same time, as they use another strong water flow to hit Sunmi.

The villain uses her feet to almost dig them on the ground refusing to let herself being toppled by the water flow that almost sent her to the floor again.

Momo and Chaeyoung stand in front of Nayeon, even if they are also pretty damaged and their costumes are almost destroyed, they turn to offer Nayeon their hands, along with wide smiles.

Nayeon who was still quite perplexed and fell on the ground after Sunmi was attacked looks at her sisters with wide eyes, until her lips curve into a speechless smile, taking her sisters’ hands without hesitation, standing up when they pull her.

The three of them turn to see Sunmi with determined frowns, the three looking imposing and powerful, they know this is their last chance to make a final attack.

They will give everything they have.

But they’re not the only ones planning to do so.

Sunmi lets out a wicked scream mixed with rage as she crosses her arms in front of her showing her imposing claws. “I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!! I WILL TEAR YOU APART TO THE VERY LAST PIECE!!”

Sunmi runs towards them, if she wasn’t fighting seriously before, now she was.

Appearing fast in front of the three, her hand almost ripping Nayeon’s head off with her claws, Nayeon dodge the attack just as Chaeyoung used a fire blast to attack Sunmi

The villain dodges it with a high jump, jumping on concrete blocks to dodge Momo and Chaeyoung’s water attacks, Momo grits her teeth realizing her large range attacks won’t work on Sunmi.

Chaeyoung doesn’t give up, deciding to use one of her strongest water flows when Sunmi stops dodging for a moment, only to widen her eyes when the villain uses her claws to cut through the water, jumping again to kick Chaeyoung and Momo, sending the two flying away as she joins her hands into a hammering fist that Nayeon stops with her hands covered in fire, but it also makes her fly away like her sisters even if she managed to stop it.

Nayeon manages to slam her feet on the ground to stand and dodge another coming attack from Sunmi, using a piece of concrete to block Sunmi’s powerful claw attack, feeling the concrete block breaking as her determined gaze links with Sunmi’s berserk one for a few seconds before Chaeyoung collides her fire fist on Sunmi’s face, just as Momo uses her water whip to hit Sunmi’s chest making the villain close one of her eyes in pain.

Sunmi makes a back stunt to avoid Chaeyoung’s next fire punch, dodging Momo’s fast and strong water flows as Nayeon and Chaeyoung try to attack her with hand-to-hand combat, she can feel how their fists dig on her body from time to time, just as her kicks also manages to hit them too.

She dodges Chaeyoung’s punch when she crouches, trying to kick Nayeon’s legs to make her fall, but Nayeon jumps making Sunmi look up to stop her coming kicks with her hands, Nayeon manages to kick her chest strongly also using that kick as a pivot make a back stunt to give Chaeyoung the chance to punch Sunmi’s face again, this time making the villain cough, but that doesn’t stop Sunmi from turning her body to kick Chaeyoung taking the girl by surprise making Chaeyoung roll to the ground for a few seconds before she turns her body to slide with her knees before standing up breathing heavily before she shots a blast fire towards Sunmi.

The villain dodges it with a high jump, but her eyes widen with surprise when she sees Momo is beside her quickly turning her body to kick Momo in the air, but Momo blocks the kick with her forearm using her big water hand to shoot Sunmi down to the ground when she hits her.

It’s unbelievable for them how Sunmi still has the will and energy to stand up even after that hit, Chaeyoung shots her a desperate fire blast the villain dodges her even faster than before, it seems like either she is going even more berserk, or she is also desperate to end this encounter like them.

Momo and Chaeyoung create water flows to attack her from different angles, however, Sunmi spins to cut them off with her claws with an enraged move, jumping towards Momo with a wicked smile when she notices her moves are getting slower due to her dehydration.

Momo widens her eyes when she sees the hunger for blood in those wicked green eyes, barely dodging Sunmi’s claw attack with a jump, the villain’s claw pierces the wall as she turns to see Momo as if she was her escaping prey, fuming with anger when she takes out her hand from the wall the moment Nayeon shots her a fire blast, she starts jumping and running around the destroyed room to approach Chaeyoung and Nayeon, avoiding their large range attacks with ease.

Chaeyoung makes a back stunt as she stands on one of the opposite sides of the room, almost in front of Momo who is also on the other side while Nayeon is almost in the center, she looks at Sunmi with shock when she notices the bloody hunger in Sunmi’s eyes, she knows what those eyes want, as if they repeated the same words over and over again.

“KILL THEM! KILL THEM!”

Chaeyoung can feel a shiver down her spine, she knows her sisters must have felt it, anyone would after seeing such eyes.

But even with that, she doesn’t stop attacking, she can also notice Sunmi’s movements are getting slower, as if she is starting to have a harder time dodging their attacks when Momo uses her water hand to punch her after she barely dodged one of Nayeon’s blasts.

Even if she is strong…after fighting against Tzuyu and us she is reaching her limits…!” Chaeyoung thinks as she turns to meet Nayeon and Momo’s eyes, with that mere look she knows her sisters are thinking the same, they need to give her the final shot, now or never.

Chaeyoung and Momo exchange looks when they notice Sunmi is approaching them again, the villain is going after Nayeon, Nayeon stands as if she was waiting for Sunmi’s attack, when she is a few meters from Nayeon the villain tries to rip her apart with a claw attack but Nayeon jumps, higher than the last time.

Sunmi grits her teeth with frustration only to widen her eyes with surprise when she sees a powerful water flow coming to her, she doesn’t even have time to dodge when she feels getting hit by it, and another from behind making her feel like a caged animal.

The villain furiously uses her claws to cut the water flow from both sides preparing herself to make her final hit when she notices Momo and Chaeyoung are completely drained, that must have been their last attack.

Her eyes widen when she notices something is off, she doesn’t see Nayeon around, she jumped but-

Sunmi’s eyes widen even more when she realizes she fell into the trap, a realization that her body receives as a powerful punch coming from above, the strongest fire fist she has ever felt digging on her stomach, breaking her ribs even more.

The villain coughs blood as she feels her back crashing thunderously against the floor breaking it in the process as she starts falling, Nayeon’s fire fist is still on her stomach as it keeps getting hotter and hotter.

“I don’t care if your costume can handle high temperaturesSunmi hears as she can barely move her head as they keep falling, her furious eyes linking with Nayeon’s enraged ones, the light of blue fire shining between them. “I’LL BURN IT TO ASHES!!!”

Nayeon increases the temperature of her blue fire, it doesn’t matter if her arm burns too, not when she feels and remembers all the disappointment… fury…rage… HATE!

ALL the lies she said! every order! every life she hurt! The innocent ones she murdered! all the things she took away from them!

Nayeon clenches her teeth when she feels Sunmi’s claws digging in her arm but even with that she keeps increasing the temperature, she can feel her costume burning just as Sunmi’s costume is starting to burn too when they finally collide against the ground again.

“EVERYTHING ENDS HERE!!” Nayeon roars with fury as she uses her last and remaining force to increase the fire temperature once more until she hears Sunmi letting out a loud scream when her costume finally burns, her stomach and parts of her legs receive the furious blue fire.

The scream becomes strangled until there’s silence.

Nayeon can feel the claws slowly letting go off her arm, the blood and burned materials mixing along with the smell of burned skin.

Nayeon can feel her legs shaking, as they finally give in, falling on her knees as she turns with exhausted eyes to see how Sunmi ended.

She can see the burns on the villain along with her destroyed costume, her eyes are closed but Nayeon can still hear her breathing between all the silence.

Nayeon blinks when she sees her vision becoming blurry as she finally starts succumbing to the tiredness, her face falling on the ground.

She can feel relief washing over her amongst everything…

Because she knows the nightmare is finally over.

….

..

-

“HELP PLEASE! HELP!”

Nayeon gasps with shock, her tired eyes open wide as she can hear someone screaming for help through the floor, there must be someone underground! she can also hear it is trying to…escape? She cannot really pinpoint.

She clenches her teeth when she tries to get up, but her body is not answering anymore, she can only manage to turn her head trying to see if Chaeyoung or Momo can come down so they can help the trapped person, but she manages to see Momo and Chaeyoung also passed out on the edges of the hole she made on the ground after attacking Sunmi.

Nayeon’s eyes widen with horror when she sees her sister’s bodies falling because they were too near the whole.

Nayeon desperately tries to move her body but it’s useless as she keeps seeing her sisters falling despite her eyes trying to shut down she refuses to pass out in such a moment, she lets out a desperate scream. “NOOOO!!!”

Her scream stops when Momo and Chaeyoung bodies don’t collide on the ground, something stopped them but she can see what…is a wind current? A miracle?

“ THAT WAS CLOSE!”

Nayeon hears someone not so far from where she is, she can also hear steps approaching, her eyes are still fighting to remain open.

WHAT THE HAPPENED HERE? A WAR?!” another shocked voice says.

“Lisa! What did I tell you about language!” another voice with a scolding tone but it gasps when it sees something. “wait there is someone too!! Fast! We need to take the injured to the hospital”

The steps keep approaching even more until Nayeon can see someone’s feet in front of her, hands hurriedly but gently making her turn over as she is taken into this person’s arms.

With the remaining strength she has, she manages to mute some words before passing out. “Someone…under…needs…help…” the person holding her lets out a shocked gasp as Nayeon can feel her eyes finally start to close.

“Please…help them.”

…………………………………………………………………………..

Nayeon opens her eyes and the first thing she sees is a white ceiling, the second thing she notices is that her body hurts like ing hell the moment she tries to get up.

It doesn’t take much for her to realize she is in the hospital, she also notices some machines beside her as she looks down noticing bandages in her arms even in her hands.

“Good morning! So happy to see you awake finally!”

Nayeon turns the moment she hears a familiar voice, turning to meet a girl with pink hair using a white coat, the girl smiling widely when she sees Nayeon is awake.

“You are…” Nayeon says as she puts a hand on her face trying to remember this girl’s name, until she finally seems to remember, she hopes. “Park Jihyo?”

“Exactly! And your personal doctor too as long as you are here, Nayeon.” Jihyo approaches as she signals Nayeon’s arms. “May I?”

Nayeon nods slowly, she still feels everything is quite strange, as if she woke up from a long dream, she barely registers Jihyo touches in her arms and the hum she makes when she takes off the bandages.

“It seems like the burn finally healed, although it will leave scars.” Jihyo says as she touches the scar with gentle fingers. “It hurts?”

Nayeon blinks as she looks down, finally noticing a big scar coming from her palm until her elbow, she turns her arm noticing there’s nothing on the forearm, she also tries closing her palm but nothing hurts..well is not like she can feel something right now, she keeps blinking still thinking she may be asleep.

“No, everything is fine…I guess.” Nayeon blinks for a couple of moments her gaze looks lost, as if she is still processing everything or thinking she may be daydreaming.

Jihyo cannot really blame her not after what happened.

The pink-haired girl takes a deep breath as she also starts checking everything else on Nayeon’s body, the auburn-brown haired woman keeps letting Jihyo do everything, neither of them speaking until Jihyo breaks the silence.

“Your body might still hurt, even though I healed your bones and muscles, Jisoo and Rose healed everything else but even after the intense fight you had, is normal to feel some pain or tiredness, if anything feels out of normal please don’t think twice to call me.” Jihyo says as she looks at Nayeon, who is looking at her hands, still with a daydreaming look on her face, nodding slowly to what Jihyo told her.

Jihyo frowns with worry as she stands up, putting a hand on Nayeon’s shoulder, giving it a few pats before she turns. “I’ll tell your sisters you are awake, they’re also here although they will be discharged in a few hours.”

Nayeon nods again until she starts processing what Jihyo said, it seems like this finally wakes her up as she fastly turns her head almost getting out of the bed, Jihyo hurries to stop her.

“MY SISTERS!! HOW ARE THEY?! ARE THEY-“

“They’re fine! Their condition was better than yours, they needed fewer days to rest and wake up as I told you they will be discharged in a few hours.” Jihyo manages to make Nayeon at least sit on her bed as Nayeon looks up to see her with deep worry, her hands grabbing onto her coat. “Are you sure they’re fine?! They were so bruised and they almost fell from-!!”

“From a very high place?” Jihyo interrupts with a small smile when Nayeon opens her eyes with surprise, the woman nodding slowly. “Dahyun arrived just in time, she saved them from the fall, she and the rescue heroes brought you here.”

“Oh…I-I see.” Nayeon slowly lets Jihyo’s coat go as she laids her back against the header, she remains quiet for a few minutes until she remembers something, her eyes alarmed as she looks at Jihyo again, but before she can speak or move Jihyo puts her hands on her shoulders.

Tzuyu is safe

“She is here too, we took her to the hospital as soon as the rescue heroes arrived, her life is not in danger anymore.” Jihyo explains as she can feel Nayeon’s body starts to relax, she purses her lips debating whether she can tell or not Nayeon the next words.

But Nayeon’s worried and almost pleading eyes to know more make her let out a long sigh as she starts talking again, with a worried frown. “Unlike you…she…well she is still sleeping, the poison affected her along with the fight she had, thankfully because we acted fast, she didn’t have side effects.”

Jihyo widens her eyes when she feels Nayeon’s hands clawing on her coat, this time stronger, taking a note about how strong Nayeon is even if she is still not in hen 100%.

“She will wake up right?! SHE-“Nayeon’s tone deeply worried again with a mix of desperation, she gasps and stops when she feels Jihyo putting her hands gently on her. “Take a deep breath first, okay? Slowly.”

Nayeon does as she is told taking a couple of deep breaths until Jihyo tells her that it’s fine as she continues talking. “She will wake up, but maybe in a few days more, you don’t have to worry, as I told you, her life isn’t in danger anymore, you took a week to wake up, I calculate Tzuyu will take two”

Nayeon lets out a relieved sigh when she hears Jihyo’s words along with a soft smile after she learned her sisters and Tzuyu are okay, she feels like someone took away the weight from her shoulders.

Until she blinks a few times after she processes Jihyo’s words again. “W-wait! I slept for a WHOLE WEEK?”

Jihyo nods with a slight chuckle as she scratches her cheek, stretching her fingers as she starts to count how many things Nayeon had “Well…you had four broken ribs, your arm was also pretty burned, your body also had bruises everywhere, you also had other broken bones and-“

“Alright stop please! I already understood your point!” Nayeon says as she shakes her hands with a big surprise in her eyes.

Jihyo lets out another slight chuckle as she puts a hand on her hips. “Yes, we actually expected you to sleep two or three days more, but you have a nice recovery speed!”

“I guess?” Nayeon nods with an awkward chuckle as she looks at Jihyo who starts walking towards the door. “If there’s nothing else you wish to ask me I will tell your sisters you are awake.”

“Oh, and one last thing….” Jihyo turns to see her with a smile that looks quite scary from Nayeon’s perspective. “Please don’t get out of her bed and stay here.”

“Y-yes ma’am.” Nayeon says as she nods laughing awkwardly again, Jihyo smiles normally as she gets out of her room.

Nayeon sees the door closing as she takes a deep breath, letting go of the air slowly, turning to see the sky from her bed, she stretches to open the window feeling a soft breeze caressing her face, she cannot help but smile softly, entering on her bed again as she keeps looking at the sky while she waits for her sisters.

-----------------------------------------------------

“NAYEON-UNNIEEEEE!!!”

The auburn brown-haired woman almost falls from her bed, she was about to fall asleep but two familiar voices calling for her name made her forget about sleeping.

Momo and Chaeyoung enter fast to her room with three worried women following them. “Chaeyoung! Momo! We told you! you cannot run in the hospital!”

Nayeon looks at the scene with surprised eyes as she finally feels her sisters arms crashing her in a big hug, strong enough to make her feel breathless but she doesn’t care, answering the hug with a soft, wide smile, her laugh filling the room mixed with happy sobs.

She can hear her two sisters sobbing loudly as they cling desperately to her, as if they were scared someone was going to take her away from them.

“You…slept too much! We were so worried! Why did you take so long!?” Momo says between sobs as she separates a little along with Chaeyoung the two trying to clean their unstoppable tears, and Nayeon cannot help but let out a soft laugh because her sisters look like cute little kids right now.

“I’m sorry Chaeyoung, Momo...” Nayeon gently puts a hand on their faces, cleaning their tears with sweet movements as she leans to hug them again, a relieved smile showing on her face, as some silent tears roll over her cheeks. “I’m finally back.”

Chaeyoung and Momo smile, hugging her sister, even more, Chaeyoung lets out a melodic laugh. “Welcome!”

Nayeon and Momo join Chaeyoung with soft giggles, they separate again, Chaeyoung and Momo start talking about how good the food from the hospital is, and even how comfortable the beds are, every single detail Nayeon is sure to listen to it with all the attention in the world, and that doesn’t go unnoticed by the three women looking at them with a smile.

“Tzuyu was right.” One of them says with a characteristic bubbly tone.

The other two turn to look at her with raised eyebrows. “What do you mean Sana?”

They’re not villains from heart.” Sana says as her smile turns a little softer, still looking at the three sisters talking with joy. “Just look at them, did you see how Nayeon saw and was so quick to comfort her sisters despite her condition? And look at Momo! the girl turned into a crybaby the moment she entered the room.”

The two women turn to look at the interaction between the sisters, they cannot help but smile softly at the sight, Mina chuckles softly as she speaks. “It seems like our leader wasn’t mistaken.”

The three keep looking at the sisters in silence, until Nayeon’s eyes link with their eyes, the auburn-brown widens her eyes with surprise, she completely forgot about them the moment Momo and Chaeyoung hugged her.

“Hiii!” Sana says with her bubbly tone as she waves with joy, the other two only let out soft chuckles as they wave too to great Nayeon.

“Ah, good morning! I’m sorry for ignoring you, I-“ Nayeon starts apologizing but the three show their palms to stop Nayeon from continuing, Mina speaks. “Nono, please don’t apologize it’s okay.”

“You just saw your sisters after waking up from a week dream, it’s completely understandable.” Jeongyeon says as the three finally approach, Sana asks with a gentle voice. “How are you feeling?”

“Fine? I guess?” Nayeon lets out an awkward laugh, everything feels weird and new…

She doesn’t know exactly how to describe it.

Nayeon looks down, she turns her right hand around, the one with the prominent scar that starts from her palm, she can see from the corner of her eyes how everyone look at her hand with surprise, after all, it’s the first time they see her skin after being bandaged all the week.

Maybe... because when she woke up, she felt quite puzzled and lost, trying to process this… everything.

It’s only been two hours since she woke up, and yet she cannot get herself to grasp, to understand.

She can still feel those waiting and dull green eyes.

She can feel herself waiting for her usual call to order them their next mission, or that she still needs to go to the lair-

The auburn brown-haired woman jumps a little when she feels Chaeyoung and Momo’s hands gently grabbing hers waking her up from the trance…from falling into the nightmare again.

She slowly squeezes their sisters’ hands, as if their hands were the thing that can keep her in this new reality. “It’s really over, isn’t it?”

Is then when she finally looks up finding her sisters’ serious and full of confidence. “Yes, it is.”

Nayeon blinks a couple of times, looking at her sisters’ blue eyes for a few seconds, she takes a deep breath as she looks aside, looking at the clear sky, the wind flowing gently, everything looks so peaceful, and is that when Nayeon finally realizes

She isn’t out there anymore.

The auburn brown-haired woman turns again to look at her hand, even though she is still holding her sisters’ hands, she takes a glimpse of her scar, her lips curve into a small smile.

The nightmare is finally over, and her scar is proof of that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a few hours, the three sisters are sitting on a bench in the hospital park, Jihyo let Nayeon go out for a walk, she wasn’t going to let her, but no one can’t say no to Chaeyoung’s puppy eyes.

Jeongyeon-unnie told me, they took her to the strongest prison, she was a villain the association hadn’t been able to catch her for years…” Chaeyoung explains as she looks at the soda can in her hands with a lost look.  “The number of murders and crimes…If anyone would’ve told me about it before, I wouldn’t have believed it but now…”

“We only thought she beat up heroes, we never thought she would go that far.” Momo says as she sighs deeply running a hand through her face, frowning with frustration. “All this time we had a murderer…the woman who ruined our lives in front of us and yet! We...We let her control us…”

“No.” Chaeyoung’s voice sounds firm and serious making her two sisters turn to look at her with surprise. “You two had your memories prisoned, and you didn’t know, but even with that…you didn’t let her control you entirely.”

“I know you two did robberies and also hurt heroes, but…” Chaeyoung looks at them with sharp eyes surprising her sisters even more. “There was a line she wanted you to cross, and no matter how hard she pushed you, you didn’t cross it.”

“How did you-“ Momo tries to ask but Chaeyoung’s slight chuckle interrupts her. “Because I saw your record and also had a long phone call with Seulgi-sshi the other day.”

“Ah!” Momo points with a surprised frown. “That’s why you didn’t let me stay when you were calling someone yesterday!”

Chaeyoung lets another chuckle as she nods, taking a deep breath before speaking again, looking at her sisters with a serious yet soft gaze. “It’s never too late for a good chance, isn’t it?”

Nayeon and Momo open their eyes wide, both start laughing softly when Chaeyoung uses their words against them, Nayeon ruffles Chaeyoung’s hair in a teasing manner. “You really wanna act cool today, huh?”

Chaeyoung laughs softly, she shakes her head, turning to look at her sisters again with a half-smile. “Is not that…it’s just-…I wanted to know more about that part of you two…from a different perspective, it’s not like I didn’t believe in your words, I wanted to try to understand everything I could.”

Nayeon and Momo look at Chaeyoung with serious and gentle eyes, Nayeon is the one who decides to speak. “And what is your conclusion?”

Chaeyoung turns to look at them for a moment before taking a deep breath, leaning her head against the bench gazing at the sky. “A part of me still felt a little bit angry and betrayed? After the fight I had the chance to feel all the emotions I couldn’t fully feel the days between the battle, it was…so much.”

“And after waking up, at first I thought the battle wasn’t over, it took me a little to…adapt, and that’s when all the feelings hit me.” Chaeyoung explains as she sighs deeply. “I was still mad at you because you hid being villains from me and you did bad things but-“

“But when I started searching and investigating about you…a great part of me anger disappeared?” Chaeyoung keeps talking with a serious voice. “because even after seeing about the robberies and everything, I understood something.”

You weren’t like the other villains, there were a few times police or heroes almost got you because you were too busy making people escape, as if you have been more concerned for the civilians than the robbery, and I didn’t find one case like this, every case about you two were like this.” Chaeyoung explains with a slight chuckle. “That along with the chat I had with Seulgi and also with Mina-unnie only made me realize that-“

“No matter how hard Sunmi tried… she was never going to get you to be real villains like her.”

“Even if she prisoned your memories and tried to control you, sooner or later you would’ve stopped.” Chaeyoung says as she turns to meet her sisters’ wide eyes with her calm and serious ones. “Am I wrong?”

Momo and Nayeon look at her little sister with speechless eyes as they try to recover their posture again, Momo manages to answer back. “No…you are not but how-“

“Are you really going to ask that?” Chaeyoung says with a sweet laugh “You two are my older sisters, the ones I’m always looking up to, I know you are the types that like to help people, the ones that are kind and polite even sweet, despite being my sisters, I know you have never faked being good.”

Because that’s your true nature.” Chaeyoung smiles widely. “And that’s something no one can change, no matter what they do to you.”

Nayeon and Momo can feel the tears rolling down their cheeks as they listen to Chaeyoung’s last words, their lips trembling as they crush Chaeyoung in a tight hug, sobbing loudly. “Chaeyoung!-…W..What did we do to deserve such a good sister?!“

Chaeyoung smiles warmly as she answers the hugs with the same strength, she can also feel the tears rolling down her cheeks, snuggling against her older sisters with deep care.

The three keep hugging, all of them refusing to let go, their tears don’t stop but that’s okay.

Because they need this.

------------------------------------------------------

After the three return to Nayeon’s room, the oldest notices Momo and Chaeyoung exchanging looks as if they were debating to tell her something.

“You can tell me anything, you know?” Nayeon says making the two jump a little with surprise as they scratch the back of their heads, Momo is the one who speaks

“We…have another important thing to tell you, actually I think we had to tell you this as soon as you woke up but we didn’t really want to overwhelm you and-“ Momo starts rambling as she explains until Nayeon stops her with a soft pat on her head along with a gentle smile. “Momo, it’s okay, really”

Momo sighs, nodding as she shows a half-smile, she turns to see Chaeyoung who nods as if it was a signal it’s okay to tell Nayeon what they want.

“It’s about…our mother.”

Momo finally says, and the moment the words leave , Nayeon opens her eyes widely, quickly taking her sisters’ hands as she leans. “DID YOU FIND HER?!”

Nayeon can feel her heart beating quickly with anticipation, when they were fighting against Sunmi, they didn’t really have the chance to even ask about their mother, and even if they would’ve asked Sunmi wouldn’t have told them anything until she was finally defeated.

However…Momo and Chaeyoung’s sad looks make Nayeon feel her heart wringing in slow pain, she starts thinking about the worse, but her horrible thoughts are stopped when Chaeyoung speaks again.

“We haven’t been able to find her, Sunmi didn’t have files about it, she destroyed everything related to her.” Chaeyoung says as she looks down, her eyes full of sadness.

Nayeon can feel slight relief when her sisters drive away the thought, she was afraid of…slightly, until Momo speaks again.

“I…tried to remember her name but-…I can’t” Momo says as she frowns biting her lip with frustration. “I can only remember she had the same hair and eye color as you, but her face is something I cannot remember no matter how many times I try.”

“I..” Chaeyoung looks down as she turns her hands into fists, narrowing her eyes with great annoyance. “I tried to remember…but I can’t remember anything…my memories start from the moment we woke up in the orphanage.”

Chaeyoung keeps tightening her fists until her knuckles turn white. “Wendy-unnie told me even if I try to remember…it-…it’s impossible for me to remember like you.”

Nayeon looks at Chaeyoung with astonished eyes as she turns to look at Momo for a slight moment, Momo’s sorrowful eyes only confirming what Chaeyoung is saying. “I...It can’t be” Nayeon whispers with shock. “Her quirk can also erase memories forever?...”

“No.” Momo shakes her head as she narrows her eyes with anger. “The effect was too much for Chaeyoung…since she was younger than us, Sunmi’s quirk worked differently on her…”

“Her memories before the orphanage will never come back.”

Nayeon’s eyes widen, even more, she turns to see Chaeyoung with great worry, her heart breaking when she sees at her sister’s sorrowful eyes, but before she can’t speak Chaeyoung speaks before her, determination showing despite the sadness in her beautiful blue eyes.

“That’s why we wanted to ask you once you woke up.” Chaeyoung speaks again looking at her sister with hopeful eyes. “If you can remember something! even the smallest detail, i-it would be really helpful”

Nayeon looks at her sister with astonishment, the hope shining in her eyes makes her snap from the surprise, she takes a deep breath, what they need right now is all the memories they can get, and Nayeon will help no matter what.

And with that Nayeon decides to close her eyes, trying to remember something about their mother, she goes between her regained memories, feeling quite difficult to recall some, after having her memories prisoned for such a long time, it’s no surprise, but Nayeon doesn’t give up.

The auburn brown-haired woman frowns, closing her eyes even harder as she tries to even have a glimpse of her mother’s face.

Nayeon keeps trying and trying but…she cannot remember more than her gentle eyes and beautiful hair…

The oldest clenches her teeth as she slams a punch on her bed, frustration filling her body as she keeps trying…

Nayeon finally crumbles as she lets her head fall against her bed putting her hands on her face, whispering with anger. “…why…I can only remember her eyes and hair…WHY”

Momo and Chaeyoung hurry to envelop her sister’s trembling body with their arms as they purse their lips, they understand how Nayeon feels, putting their hands on Nayeon’s who is clawing to the sheets so strong her knuckles are white.

The two younger ones can only keep hugging their sister in silence as they hear Nayeon’s silent sobs, filled with anger and deep frustration.

-------------------------------------------------------

The next days Nayeon tries to remember again, even when night comes, she keeps trying, but It ends, as usual, remembering the same thing, making the older feel deep frustration mixed with sadness.

Her sisters aren’t around, she practically begged them to go home even for today after their recharge, she knows they needed some fresh air after being in the hospital for some time too.

She can hear her stomach grumbling, making her let out a tired sigh, she gets out of her bed, not wanting to call a nurse for food as if she was calling room-service in a hotel, her body doesn’t hurt as bad as some days ago, she can go to the cafeteria without problems.

“That if…Park Jihyo doesn’t see me, if she is here, I’m gonna be in trouble.” Nayeon thinks remembering Jihyo’s sweet-threatening look along with her two sisters’ hurried advice to not make her angry since she doesn’t want to receive one of her punches once she gets discharged.

“She knocked out Kwon Yuri…even if that woman was tired it was nearly impossible to take her down…she also looked quite scary when I tried to escape to the cafeteria the other day…so I don’t really want to be punched by Park Jihyo” Nayeon thinks with a nervous smile as she silently gets out of her room, looking around with careful eyes as she starts walking towards the cafeteria. “I know she practically grounded me…but I’m hungry and I don’t want to bother the nurses…”

Nayeon thinks she must be lucky, since there is no one in the halls, she must use this opportunity well before-

The door of one of the rooms opens abruptly making Nayeon jump with surprise, her head turning fast to meet a surprised Jeongyeon looking at her.

“Jesus Christ.” Nayeon says as she puts a hand on her chest, noticing her heart was beating quite fast because of the adrenaline she felt. “Thank god it was you and not Park Jihyo.”

Jeongyeon lets out a chuckle as she shakes her head. “It seems like Jihyo has also made some…impression on you too.”

“Well…her smile, whenever she is warning me to not get out of the bed, along with some stories... made me be a little uh… cautious about her.” Nayeon says as she chuckles awkwardly.

“Yeaaah, she has an interesting reputation, but she is a funny friend too.” Jeongyeon says as she raises a curious eyebrow. “And why are you sneaking around here? Are you trying to reach for the lion’s den?”

“No, well I hope I don’t end there.” Nayeon laughs as she rubs her belly. “I was going to the cafeteria, I didn’t want to bother the nurses.”

“Oh” Jeongyeon says as she puts a hand on her jaw smiling, when she thinks about something, she might get some scolding from Jihyo later, but it’s worth it. “Then why don’t I go for you?”

“Nono, it’s okay, I can go alone.” Nayeon says as she scratches her head, but Jeongyeon insists with a smile. “Don’t worry, I will go to buy you something, just take care of the sleeping one okay?”

“But-“ Nayeon doesn’t even finish when Jeongyeon already passed by her, walking with fast steps towards the cafeteria, Nayeon only lets out a long sigh as she enters the room before a nurse comes by.

She turns to see the person sleeping in the bed, only to open her eyes wide, feeling how her heartbeat starts to quicken.

Tzuyu is sleeping peacefully on her bed, the moonlight shining so beautifully on her face, Nayeon thinks it’s impossible for someone to be so breathtaking.

But this person is not just someone, it’s Chou Tzuyu who we’re talking about.

Nayeon approaches almost without realizing until she carefully sits beside Tzuyu, it’s so quiet she can hear only hear her heart beating with excitement.

It’s the first time she has seen Tzuyu after she woke up, she wanted to visit her earlier but after trying to sneak to the cafeteria, Jihyo “grounded” her, that along with Momo and Chaeyoung visiting her to try to get something that could make them have a little clue about where their mother is, it was almost as if every time she wanted to visit the ice hero something came up.

“I’m sorry for not visiting earlier Tzuyu.” Nayeon whispers, as if she was afraid to wake up Tzuyu, the older caresses Tzuyu’s face with gentle hands, smiling warmly when she feels Tzuyu’s soft cheeks.

She has never told Tzuyu, but one of the many things she likes about her are her soft cheeks, they always look so cute, she wishes she could kiss them all-

Nayeon feels her whole face turning red as she retreats her hands to put them on her face, thinking. “What the hell am I thinking?! I mean I would like to kiss them all day but- AAAHH thinking about it makes me feel so embarrassed!”

Nayeon lets out a long sigh as she looks down, her heart skipping a beat when she sees Tzuyu’s hand, she gently takes Tzuyu’s hand, smiling when she feels the hero’s cold hand.

“You know? It’s funny how your quirk it’s related to cold things.” Nayeon starts speaking as she caresses Tzuyu’s knuckles. “When you are such a warm person…”

Nayeon stops caressing Tzuyu’s knuckles for a moment as she narrows her eyes, she looks at the ice hero with sadness with a somewhat happy smile. “I can’t believe it yet…how far you went to save me.”

“Even when your life was in danger you still went to search for me.” Nayeon whispers as she squeezes Tzuyu’s hand. “I fought you…hurt you…told you bad things…”

Nayeon can feel her lips trembling as she starts remembering how she fought against Tzuyu, how even when she couldn’t remember Tzuyu at that moment, she felt so much pain because she was hurting her…

Because she was hurting the one she loves.

“I’m sorry Tzuyu…I’m sorry…” Nayeon lifts Tzuyu’s hand as she purses her lips leaning her forehead against Tzuyu’s hand. “Even if I apologize for a hundred times…it feels like it’s not enough…”

Why did you went so far? Why do you care so much about me?” Nayeon keeps whispering as she keeps holding Tzuyu’s hand with her trembling ones, sobbing between her words. “Your life…. your life was endangered because of me once again and yet!...”

“You never gave up!..”

Nayeon keeps sobbing as she trembles holding onto Tzuyu’s hand as if her life depended on it. “You’re such a stubborn idiot …risking everything for me…you really are-“

“How could I not?”

Nayeon snaps her head up as she looks at the soft and gentle greyish black orbs looking at her, she gasps with disbelief as more tears start to roll down her cheeks.

With a gentle pull, Tzuyu takes Nayeon by surprise making the woman fall on her as the hero envelopes her in a tight hug, she just woke up and she cannot hug Nayeon as tight as she wants but for now, she is content with that.

The person I love was taken away from me!! even if it wasn’t for long, it felt horrible! the strain on my chest was so overwhelming I could barely breathe! I wanted to go to rescue you as fast as I could! I-“ Tzuyu clenches her teeth as she nuzzles her face against Nayeon’s hair feeling tears on the corner of her eyes. “I thought I-.. I was going to lose you!!”

“The moment I saw you were alive you don’t know how happy I felt!” Tzuyu says between sobs as she keeps hugging Nayeon. “even when fighting against you was difficult, I-.. I pressured myself to endure it because I wanted you back! I couldn’t bear to see you being brainwashed against your will again!”

 “But you were hurt again!!” Nayeon says with loud sobs as she snuggles against Tzuyu, before she separates using her arms to top over Tzuyu, to finally look at Tzuyu in the eyes, finding the crying but beautiful greyish black orbs looking at her with such adoration that almost hurts

“You are on a hospital bed again and you don’t know how much it hurts to see you like this!! I HATE TO SEE THE PERSON I LOVE GET HURT BECAUSE OF ME!!” Nayeon raises her voice filled with hurt as she starts sobbing even harder, Tzuyu looks at her with soft eyes as she feels Nayeon’s tears falling on her cheeks.

Tzuyu raises her hands to take Nayeon’s face with softness as she cleans the tears from Nayeon’s eyes with a gentle thumb, her voice sounding warm and tender. "I’m sorry…Nayeon.”

“Why are you apologizing?! You don’t have to apologize for anything!!” Nayeon sobs loudly as she purses her lips when she feels Tzuyu’s gentle thumb cleaning her tears again.

“Because even if I needed to go after all those fights again, I would.” Tzuyu says as she looks at Nayeon’s surprised eyes, Tzuyu’s voice sounding even softer. “Even if…you hate seeing me get hurt, I can’t stay idly by when the one I love is in danger! It doesn’t matter if I broke my arm, my ribs, or even worse…if it means you will be safe…if it means I will have you with me like this…

“I would gladly endure any pain”

You are the one I love with all my heart, Im Nayeon.” Tzuyu says with tears falling from her eyes as she smiles widely. “How could I not risk everything for you?”

Nayeon lets out another loud sob as she desperately hugs Tzuyu again, her face digging against the ice hero’s chest, she can feel Tzuyu’s face nuzzling against her hair.

“What did I do to deserve such love from someone like you?...” Nayeon whispers against Tzuyu’s chest as she trembles because of all the feelings overwhelming her heart. “To make you care so much about me you are willing to risk everything?...”

“Being Im Nayeon.” Tzuyu says as she presses her lips against Nayeon’s head with a soft smile. “That’s enough and even more.”

“If only you could see... how I see you through my eyes…” Tzuyu’s hand gently caresses Nayeon’s cheek making her look up, the auburn-brown haired woman gasps as she feels her heart beating faster again when she meets the soft greyish black orbs looking at her with deep love. “You seem to don’t know how amazing, beautiful and unique you are, there are so many things I like you…your bravery, your will to change, your strength, the way you laugh so loud it’s contagious, the way your face light up whenever you see someone important for you, how gentle you are with Momo and Chaeyoung…how you are also willing to risk everything for them, for anyone who is just as important…”

“That’s why I risked everything, and if you were to be in danger in the future, I would risk my life again! BECAUSE I-!” Tzuyu raises her voice with a strong tone, her eyes shining with deep love and determination, Nayeon’s eyes widening with shock when she says the next words.

“I LOVE YOU!”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! I’m deeply sorry for not updating ToT this month I had projects and exams, I wanted to write the chapter with my best energy that’s why the chapter is quite late!

Ooof even if Tzuyu already basically confessed I wanted to write another confession because I really like corny stuff uwu

Ahhh the next chapter is the last one and oh my god, I don’t feel ready to let this one go but! ToT

Thanks for the comments and again sorry for making you wait! Please remember to drink water and eat well! C:

P.S. Wendy’s solo is coming AASHDJFH!! I was jumping from joy when I saw the news! I cannot wait to hear all the masterpieces she will bring us!! ToT :’D