I will stay.

Ignited Freedom

Helloooo! Now that Natzu is working together along with the others help, what will happen next? 

Interesting things are comming in the next chapters ;)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“What’s up Wen?” Tzuyu asks as she answers her phone, still resting in the hospital bed despite feeling well her unnies didn’t let her abandon the bed unless it was absolutely necessary.

“I was checking your costume and I noticed something weird, are you sure you didn’t get any help from Sana or Chaeyoung to warm up your body?” Wendy asks as she keeps looking at the costume analysis. “Because there’s no way the costume would have warmed you that much, there must have been someone around or I don’t know if you can remember something else?”

Tzuyu frowns as she keeps listening to Wendy and snuggles more in her bed, she closes her eyes trying to remember. “I will try to remember Wen, but I’m pretty sure I-”

“I’m here Tzuyu...I’m here...I’m so sorry”

The ice hero opens her eyes wide as she remembers someone’s voice when she was about to pass out.

And she knows that voice so well.

But how? What was she doing there?!” Tzuyu thinks and puts a hand on as she keeps a surprised look on her face.

“Tzuyu? are you still there?” Wendy asks with a curious tone making the ice hero snap from her bubble and cough. “Y-yeah, I just got a little distracted trying to remember.”

Wendy squints her eyes with suspicion, the other girls have told her Tzuyu has been acting weird these past weeks as if she was hiding something.

“Tzuyu is the type that hides things or feelings because she is used to handling it alone, although she ends up telling the girls…” Wendy thinks as she hums, for now, she will let Tzuyu’s weird attitude aside but not forgotten. “And you remembered something or?”

“I think so...but I’m not sure.” Tzuyu says with her most calm voice, since she doesn’t like lying. “I’ll tell you later if I remember more, okay?”

Wendy hums with even more suspicion. “Okaaay, miss ice maiden, keep your in the hospital, got it? I will call you later”

Tzuyu cannot help but laugh and sighs putting her phone aside with a troubled frown, now that she knows the costume wasn’t the one saving her but someone she didn’t expect to, she doesn’t know what to think.

“I’m not a hundred percent sure...if it’s true, why would she save me?” Tzuyu whispers with an unsure tone. “Aren’t we from the opposite sides?... Even though we’re ‘friends’ if you can call it like that...because I don’t really know what we are.”

“Or maybe she knew that Jessica was after me? She told me to keep a look on the team…” Tzuyu thinks as she keeps making theories in her head.

Tzuyu is so immersed in her head she doesn’t notice someone knocking on the door until Elkie finally opens the door with a frown that is replaced with a sigh and a smile. “Tzuyu, I was worried that you weren’t answering.”

The ice hero raises her head with a surprised look and smiles apologetically. “Sorry Elkie, I was thinking about something.”

Elkie raises a curious brow. “It is rare to see you spacing out like that because of a thought”

“I know.” Tzuyu chuckles and tries to diverts Elkie’s attention. “Anyway, what made you come here?”

Elkie’s expression changes to a serious one as she approaches and sits beside Tzuyu. “I detected a rare scent in your room, even though it was covered with the scent of the flowers….it smelled like a type of poison, as you may know, with one of my quirks I can smell poison or toxins it doesn’t matter if they’re outside or inside the body, I hope it was only my imagination but with the subway incident we have to be careful.”

Tzuyu opens her eyes wide with surprise and frowns. “So it may be someone around who is trying to poison me.” the ice hero sighs and puts a hand on her face.

“As I said, I hope it was only my imagination but better safe than sorry.” Elkie says with a worried frown as she handles Tzuyu a bracelet with pills. “Here, this bracelet repels the poison scent in case they’re trying to make you smell it, and the pills are just in case you smell it and start to feel dizzy or wanting to throw up.”

“The pills are only to help you to endure the poison effects but you will have to come here so we can give you the specific antidote.” Elkie explains with a calm and worried voice as she puts Tzuyu on the bracelet.

Tzuyu nods in understanding and looks at the bracelet that is close to her smartwatch. “I will try to be careful, that’s why you removed the flowers right?” Tzuyu asks with a smile.

Elkie nods and the ice hero keeps smiling. “Thanks, Elkie even though you weren’t entirely sure, thanks for taking action so fast.”

“Hey, you are one of my closest friends, and we have each other back” Elkie says with a wide smile as she hugs Tzuyu and Tzuyu is happy to return the hug with a happy laugh. “You are the best Elkie”

“I know.” Elkie winks as she separates and smirks teasingly. “But the pills aren’t free buddy.”

Tzuyu cannot help but let out a snort and shakes her head. “You know what? I’ve changed my mind you are not the best.”

“Hey!”

--------------------------------------------------------------

Nayeon’s feet collide with the man’s face hard enough to send him to the wall, he lets go of the children who are successfully caught by Nayeon as she puts them down when she is sure they are far enough from the villain who keeps coughing

“Are you hurt?!” Nayeon asks with full worry as the children shake their heads with surprise, neither of them can talk because of the shock and fear they felt.

Nayeon sighs with relief and frowns with sadness as she sees the children’s scared faces she gently hugs them. “Everything is okay now.”

The children hug her back with shaking arms as they keep crying but this time Nayeon can hear their choked sobs as she purses her lips with anger.

Anger that only bubbles up more as she dodges one of the villain man’s arms who tried to catch her.

Nayeon jumps to dodges his attacks and finally manages to put the children on the sidewalk where the people were standing to see what happened the moment they heard a loud sound.

“Please take these kids to the police where they can find their parents!” Nayeon says fast and runs back to the alley where the villain man is hearing the people telling her to wait for a hero or run for her life.

But Nayeon will not run away when she can do something.

“Look I’m not against fighting that scumb but we don’t have the costume on, and I don’t know if not taking the pills have made us feel this tired or weak, you will have to do it quickly if you use our quirk.” the inner voice appears and Nayeon lets out a sarcastic snort. “Yeah, thanks for the advice nerd.”

“This is not the time for your-”

“I will never get tired of telling you this but, shut your mouth.Nayeon says as she shoots a fire blast at the villain man who barely dodges it. “I will end this quickly.”

“I want to kill them...LET ME KILL THEM!!” The man says with an angered shout as he manages to grab Nayeon and slam her into the wall making Nayeon cough as she frowns. “Crazy bastard!”

Nayeon uses her fire to burn the man’s hands making him let out a pained and cowardly yelp, the man lets go of Nayeon and doesn’t waste time trying to punch her but Nayeon dodges it.

The auburn brown-haired woman shots fire blasts at the man again but she can feel despite the short time she has been using her quirk it feels like she has been using it for a long time.

“I’m starting to get fever…I really have to end this quickly,” Nayeon thinks and barely dodges the man’s hands trying to grab her again.

Nayeon manages to grab the man’s hands and pulls it to her with all her force surprising the man with her move.

The auburn brown-haired woman punches the man’s stomach with her fist covered with fire making the man let out a pained scream as he is slammed to the ground harshly by Nayeon.

Nayeon notices the man passed out and she breathes agitatedly, feeling the fever making her body heavy, she hurriedly jumps to the roof trying to find a place where she can cool down, even though people tell her to wait she ignores them, and even more after she hears the police sirens.

---------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu sighs as she looks at her phone still debating if she should call Nayeon or not, she has been thinking about calling the older girl for the past 10 minutes the moment Elkie left her room, she even the TV to make some noise to cover her voice in case she called Nayeon.

The ice hero’s attention goes to the TV when she hears in the news that some villain was captured near the hospital, she can see two children being interviewed.

“We couldn’t even talk but she saved me and my sister!” one of the kids says with excitement. “She was so cool! the villain couldn’t do anything to her! Her fire quirk was so cool!”

“But she looked like she was in pain or tired, we told her to wait but she escaped.” the other children say with a sad voice.

“Do you remember what she looked like?” The interviewer asks with great curiosity.

“She had the prettiest brown eyes! but they also had some green color in it!” One of the children says with a happy tone.

Tzuyu frowns as she listens to the kids’ description of their mysterious saver, thinking. “Wait those eyes...and quirk...could it be?!”

The ice hero quickly grabs her phone to dial Nayeon’s phone, hearing the typical message of “the number you tried to dial is not available”

“they said she looked as if she was in pain…” Tzuyu thinks as she tries to call Nayeon again but hears the same message and purses her lips. “I may be mistaken but I will trust my gut.”

The ice hero opens the window and looks around, with a big jump she manages to grab to the wall of the building beside the hospital, climbing to the roof, she looks around thanking Sana for bringing her clothes if not, it would be embarrassing to go around with a hospital robe.

“Okay then, if it was near the coffee shop that is around the area...then she couldn’t have gone too far.” Tzuyu says as she starts to jump to the roofs.

--------------------------------------------------

Nayeon puts the cold bottle in her head as she leans in the wall, she is currently on the roof of one of the nearest buildings, the only thing she could find to cool down was a cold water bottle from a vending machine.

“This may not be enough.” Nayeon says as she tries to regulate her breathing and moves the bottle to her cheek.

“So weird, you didn’t use the quirk for too long, maybe you should take the pills again.” the voice suggests.

“No, even though you are a pain in the for being always right, I have to keep you around and the pills don’t let me do that.” Nayeon says as she coughs a little. “I have to get more answers.”

“Awww the sour lemon wants to keep me around” the voice mockers with a laugh.

“You are technically a sour lemon too.” Nayeon rolls her eyes.

“And you are technically a pain in the .” the voice counters.

“Ugh, can you be quiet? I’m trying to regulate my temperature or should I say our?” Nayeon says as she can feel the bottle less cold.

Our.” The voice says with a calm tone. “I’ll go, for now, maybe you will have a headache if I stay more.”

Nayeon only nods and takes a deep breath as she can feel her vision blurry.

She is used to handling the fever alone but this is probably one of her worst fevers, if only Momo were with her, she could help her.

But this time there is no one around.

Or that’s what she believes.

“A water bottle is not going to help that much, crabby fireball.”

Nayeon opens her eyes wide than ever when she hears that well-known voice, feeling someone taking the water bottle from her hands.

Tzuyu!” Nayeon says with a perplexed voice that turns into a surprised gasp when Tzuyu envelops her arms around her.

The ice hero leans on the wall as she holds Nayeon tight to her, Nayeon’s face ends in her chest and the older girl can feel her cheeks getting even hotter. “W-what are you doing?!”

“It’s called hug, dummy.” Tzuyu says with a sarcastic tone as she starts using her quirk to help Nayeon to cool down, the moment Nayeon starts to feel it she tries to separate but Tzuyu doesn’t let her.

“You were the one that saved those kids, aren’t you?” Tzuyu asks as she keeps holding Nayeon, when she notices the girl looks aside the hero cannot help but smile. “Definitely, being a villain doesn’t suit you.

“Of course it does!” Nayeon says with a shaky and guilty tone that surprises Tzuyu. “Let me go! you can’t help me!”

Tzuyu cannot help but let out a sigh as she shakes her head. “Nayeon, don’t be a stubborn brat, let me help you.”

“No! I can’t have you helping me not after the subway incident!” Nayeon says as she tries to separate again but she doesn’t have enough strength to do it, she starts feeling the guilt eating her again now that she has Tzuyu in front of her.

“Why are you saying that? Is it because you helped me?” Tzuyu frowns and refuses to let Nayeon go. “Is it because you helped the one who was your enemy?”

“YOU ALMOST GOT KILLED BECAUSE I LET MY FEAR CONTROL ME!” Nayeon finally breaks as she starts feeling the tears rolling down her cheeks. “I HAD THE CHANCE TO WARN YOU BETTER BUT I DIDN’T!”

Tzuyu opens her eyes wide with astonishment but even after hearing that she doesn’t let go of Nayeon. “What are you talking about?...”

“I knew...she was after you and the team...but I didn’t want to accept she was going to be that extreme…” Nayeon says with a shaking voice as she covers her face. “and when she ordered me to kill you if Jessica couldn’t when you were fighting her...I just...couldn’t do it…”

“I can be anything...but a killer…” Nayeon says between sobs. “And I cannot hurt you...not anymore... And when I saw you in that state after fighting Jessica...I felt like I was being stabbed a hundred times! all because I let my cowardice win!”

Nayeon keeps crying as she covers her face all the things she has been keeping and holding in finally make her reach her limit and break in front of the young girl.

She was trying to act strong in front of Seulgi and Momo but the rush of memories, Sunmi’s situation, the subway incident...

Even though she already knows what will be her path now, she didn’t let those negative feelings out and now they’re exploding around like the broken parts of a crystal glass.

Tzuyu looks at her with shocked eyes, she is surprised to see Nayeon is such a state, crying her eyes out and telling her that she was ordered to kill her... all the information is... overwhelming.

“That’s why that day you warned me…” Tzuyu thinks and purses her lips, even after hearing everything Nayeon told her she cannot help but feel her heart clenching with pain every time she hears Nayeon’s sobs.

It only gets worse after Nayeon finally looks at her with tears rolling down her cheeks with a look she has never seen, that only express guilt and pain. “I’m so sorry Tzuyu, I’m sorry…”

Tzuyu knows she should get mad at Nayeon, after everything she has told her, even though the situation is still confusing...but just like her instinct acts first, when someone is in danger, she forgets about all the warnings she hears in her head and holds Nayeon closer to her again, fearing that Nayeon will break even more if she lets her go...

“Why does it hurts so much to see you cry?...” Tzuyu whispers and hears Nayeon surprised gasp along with her hands on her back, gripping her shirt tightly.

Tzuyu slowly slides down as she sits and keeps hugging Nayeon close to her chest, she puts her cheek on Nayeon’s head as she hears the older girl crying and snuggling closer to her, right now, she feels so small between Tzuyu’s legs, in her embrace.

And even though Nayeon doesn’t feel she deserves it, she holds tighter to it.

--------------------------------------------------------

Once Nayeon has calm down and Tzuyu only hears her light sniffs the ice hero passes a hand through the auburn brown hair.

Nayeon closes her eyes for a moment feeling Tzuyu’s gentle and cold hand on her head, not believing how the hero can still be kind to her.

“Nayeon.” Tzuyu finally calls her hand still on Nayeon’s head. “Right now, there’s a turmoil of emotions and feelings inside me after what you told me…I want to know everything behind the incident…”

Nayeon takes a deep breath and takes a few moments to think, there’s only silence until the older girl finally lets out a sigh.

Nayeon finally nods as she starts to explain Tzuyu. “The woman who I work for...my aunt...she has a big plan that only a few know… but my sister and I don’t know about it...we were part of her gang because we thought we hated heroes and because we felt we owned her as she told us…”

“But after I met you I started to realize the hate I had was not mine...it was an illusion that my aunt made me believe in...now I can finally accept it but it was hard to do it...after growing up with a bad vision of heroes...but you changed that.” Nayeon says with a tiny smile.

“The more I knew about you...the more we hang out...I realized I was not really living the life I wanted, my sister and I were living the life my aunt wanted for us...that’s when the missions started to get harder...that’s why I was tired...why I didn’t want to do it anymore.” Nayeon grips Tzuyu’s shirt as the hero keeps listening to her in silence.

“Then she told us...you and the team were in the way...so she had to call her strongest allies…” Nayeon purses her lips. “Since it was my aunt I refused to believe she was going trying to kill you and your team...even though deep down I knew the truth.”

“The day of the incident, she called me and showed me the news, Jessica and her gang were doing great chaos, and she told me if Jessica couldn’t…. kill you, I had to do it…” Nayeon closes her eyes with a sour feeling in her chest. “But...I couldn’t do that to you...to anybody…”

Why?”

Tzuyu finally speaks and looks at Nayeon with serious and calm eyes, even though Nayeon is not looking at her.

“Your existence is too important for me now...I…” Nayeon breathes deep as she feels her heart beating fast, she finally looks up, her eyes full of honesty and something else Tzuyu cannot pinpoint but makes her own heart skip a beat.

“I don’t wanna lose you.”

Tzuyu opens her eyes with astonishment as she feels her cheek get rosy and her heart starts to beat quickly.

It only gets worse when she feels and can almost hear Nayeon’s heart also beating fast as if it was racing a marathon.

Tzuyu’s eyes travel to Nayeon’s heart-shaped lips and her heart only beats faster, she purses her lips and envelops Nayeon’s head again hugging her close to her chest as her cheeks get even hotter.

“Idiot...that almost sound like a….-” Tzuyu thinks as shakes her head and breaths deeply trying to calm down her heart. “I think I’m the one with fever now…”

“But...how important am I for her that she went against her aunt’s orders?...” Tzuyu thinks with a warm feeling in her chest as she blinks. “I’m so surprised and happy to hear she doesn’t like being a villain anymore...and her realization.”

“And also…” Tzuyu thinks as she separates a little to make Nayeon look up. “Nayeon, even though you had the chance to prevent the incident...what matters to me the most is what you did later, even when you could’ve killed me...you chose to save me.

“If it wasn’t for your help, I probably would’ve had it worse.” Tzuyu cannot help but let out a tiny chuckle as she gently grabs Nayeon’s face caressing the older girl’s cheeks. “Thank you, for saving me.”

Nayeon’s eyes start to get teary after she hears Tzuyu’s words and smiles gently as she snuggles her face in Tzuyu’s hand making the hero feel her heart beating fast again when she feels Nayeon’s lips close to her hand.

“The thought of losing you...it’s unbearable...it pains me to the point I feel suffocated…” Nayeon says with a soft voice.

“That’s why...even though it may sound egoist.” one of Nayeon’s hands holds Tzuyu’s hand gently as she looks at the hero with such a soft look in her eyes.

“Please stay by my side.”

Tzuyu feels her heart beating even faster now, her cheeks get pink again as she covers her face with her free hand.

“What happened to her y side? Dear god, I’m starting to miss it.” Tzuyu thinks as she looks aside. “Because it didn’t make me feel like this…”

Tzuyu hugs Nayeon again closer to her chest as she puts her forehead in Nayeon’s hair, with a clear and gentle voice she says.

“I will stay.”

-----------------------------------------------

“What are you gonna do now?” Tzuyu asks as she and Nayeon are standing beside each other looking at the city from the roof.

“My sister and I are working with Kang Seulgi to discover my aunt’s plan, she is also tired of all this mess.” Nayeon says with a sigh.

Kang Seulgi?! Isn’t she from Bae Joohyun’s gang?!” Tzuyu asks with surprise and confusion.

“Yes, we have been working with her gang for a few years, Joohyun is one of the persons that knows my aunt’s plan.” Nayeon narrows her eyes and turns to see Tzuyu. “I know you captured her, even though my sister saved the others’ asses that day you fought them.”

“So your sister has a water quirk?” Tzuyu asks with interest and raises a brow until she connects the dots. “Wait... is your sister Stormwater?!”

Nayeon nods with a half-smile, denying the truth would be ridiculous now. “I think you haven’t met her but I will try to introduce you after we have everything clear.”

“So that’s why she told her she wouldn’t leave her that day.” Tzuyu thinks as she remembers one of the encounters she had with Nayeon and Stormwater. “It also makes more sense why she cared for her, although villains rarely care about their families.”

Tzuyu cannot help but let out a silent smile thinking. “But, of course, is Nayeon who we are talking about, a villain girl who ended up being almost the opposite.”

“Joohyun hasn’t told us anything since the day we captured her.” Tzuyu says once she is out of her thoughts looking at Nayeon again.

Nayeon nods and continues to explain. “I don’t know which may be her weak point, but maybe Seulgi can help me with that, and maybe she will finally sing”

“I will keep doing missions along with my sister but we will fake them, we won’t take a single penny anymore nor jewels or whatever my aunt wants” Nayeon keeps explaining and she turns to see Tzuyu. “Until we discover what her plan is, and once we know it, I will tell you.”

Tzuyu cannot help but let out a chuckle that makes Nayeon raise her brow. “Look at us, working together now, I still can remember your y and arrogant attitude when we first met.”

“Well, I must admit I was not happy to find someone who was almost on my level, and also I wasn’t fond of your presence, ice cub jerk.” Nayeon sticks out her tongue making Tzuyu shake her head.

Almost? I’m on your level or even more than that.” Tzuyu says with a cocky tone as she smirks. "And now you are pretty fond of my presence, aren't you? Mmm? Miss Im?"

"Don't get so cocky." Nayeon rolls her eyes and looks aside to hide her blush. “I was just testing you, you don’t know my true abilities.”

Then show me” Tzuyu approaches Nayeon making the older girl feel nervous by having her that close, even though they were snuggling before, right now, it’s different.

Even with that Nayeon keeps her proud attitude and decides to make a bold move.

Tzuyu opens her eyes with surprise as Nayeon suddenly approaches and their faces are so close, that Tzuyu can almost feel Nayeon’s lips on hers.

Nayeon’s smirk makes her heart race again for the nth time, sounding thunderous in her ears.

You think you can handle me, Chou?

Nayeon steps back feeling satisfied with Tzuyu’s blush and silence even though on the inside she is also a blushing mess, she starts walking away as she waves.

“See you around, Iceberg lady.

----------------------------------------------------------
PS: Actually I was planning to post this two days ago but after knowing about Jeongyeon's health statement I didn't have much energy if I'm being honest but I had a boost of energy today and I managed to finish this chapter that is also one of the reasons I wanted to post two chapters today.

I truly hope Jeongyeon can take the time she needs, once will wait for her no matter how much time she takes. uwu 

If you read this note thank you. 

Please take care everyone and remember to take a break whenever you need, it doesn't matter if it's long or short, relax as you please!

Also drink lots of waters! (don't be like me lol I barely drink water) 

Wear your masks and eat yummy food! See you later! :D