Don't let your guard down.

Ignited Freedom

Sunmi smirks as she puts a hand on her lips, a smug chuckle escaping from them when she sees everything from the room where she is.

She expected them to come, and that’s why she prepared.

It’s only a matter of time, all of them will fall along with the rest who were poisoned.

And she has the best sit and companion to look at all the chaos she desperately wanted to see.

------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu dodge Krystal’s attacks and punches, the villain completely delighted with them, as a child excited about a roller coaster, her wicked smile only makes both heroes even more nauseous.

Tzuyu looks at Chaeyoung who is handling Krystal’s attacks with somewhat ease, although the villain is an experienced one, the ice hero believes for a moment it’s okay to leave Chaeyoung.

However, she is not willing to accept it, not because she believes Chaeyoung is weak, but because she has never let Chaeyoung alone with a villain like this, even if it’s not as deadly as Jessica, she-

“Tzuyu!” Chaeyoung’s voice makes her snap from her thoughts as she starts attacking Krystal, making the villain retreat for a moment, the novice hero turns to see Tzuyu with determined and fired-up eyes. “Leave her to me! You should search for Nayeon-unnie!”

“I cannot leave you here!” Tzuyu answers with a worried frown as they both exchange determined looks, Chaeyoung purses her lips and frowns, but before she can speak again Krystal attacks them again, her punch is aiming at Tzuyu and the ice hero prepares to block her with her ice-covered fist.

But Chaeyoung’s water whip grabs Krystal’s waist, taking the villain and Tzuyu by surprise, Chaeyoung throws Krystal and smashes her to the wall beside her, the novice hero’s voice sounds strong and unwavering. “You said it! I’m not the novice from months ago! You know our priority and YOU KNOW the best decision it’s to let me handle this!”

“I’ll definitely shut down her and meet you later!” Chaeyoung keeps looking at Tzuyu’s surprised eyes with her determined ones. “KEEP BELIEVING IN ME!”

The ice hero opens her eyes wide when Chaeyoung says the last words, and even more when Chaeyoung jumps where Krystal is coming, running back towards them, clashing her water attacks against her unstopping lava ones.

Tzuyu clenches her teeth for a moment, there’s an inner turmoil in her stomach, a nervous feeling she doesn’t like, but even with that…

Even when a part of her fears for Chaeyoung’s life…she chooses the other part of her, the one who believes Chaeyoung will come out victorious.

With a loud step forward, Tzuyu turns, and Chaeyoung can only see her back and hear her clear words, almost demanding. “You better meet me later, Chaeyoung.”

“I believe in you, you are not going to lose!!”

Chaeyoung opens her eyes with surprise when she hears Tzuyu’s words, barely having time to snap from it when Krystal angrily runs towards Tzuyu to stop her from running away. “WHERE DO YOU THINK YOU ARE GOING ICE MAIDEN!!?”

Chaeyoung stands in front of Krystal, blocking her way with a strong posture and frown. “If you want to go after her, you will have to defeat me first!”

This only seems to anger Krystal even more as she starts to throw angry and stronger punches towards Chaeyoung. ” ANNOYING BRAT! LEARN TO SHUT YOUR MOUTH!!”

Chaeyoung uses her water quirk to stop the punches, this time is even more difficult to handle them, however, that doesn’t stop her from keep going, she doesn’t know why Krystal got this angry, but she couldn’t care less.

“The only annoying one here, IT’S YOU!” Chaeyoung says as she uses her water whip to prison Krystal left punch, using her force to bring Krystal forward, once Krystal is close enough, she disappears her whip to use her fire-covered fist to punch Krystal’s face with great force.

Krystal’s body can handle very high temperatures but it’s not immune to strong punches, however…

er…HOW DARE YOU PUNCH MY FACE?!” Krystal says with a furious tone as she takes Chaeyoung by surprise using her right fist covered in lava to punch Chaeyoung’s stomach, hard enough to send her flying and crash against the broken wall.

Chaeyoung feels the wind being knocked out of her and she evens coughs some blood, her costume is heavily damaged from the stomach, but it’s still surprisingly covering it, Chaeyoung gasps when she feels Krystal coming from above, dodging in time the powerful attack.

Chaeyoung manages to get into a “safe” position as she puts her hand on her stomach, biting her lower lip as she thinks. “I have to avoid those ing fists, I cannot afford to lose the costume yet…”

 “This will be hard…”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu clenches her fists and purses her lips every time she hears a blast from behind, the evidence of Chaeyoung fighting against Krystal.

Her earphone sounding with Wendy’s voice makes her forget about the blasts for a moment. “Girls! I got more information about Sunmi! Her poison quirk works somewhat like the snake poison, but you must be very careful! First, it will make you feel sleepy with great fatigue for 10 minutes! In the next 15 minutes, you will feel a huge pain and some bloating in the area”

“Currently the antiophidic serum that works against her poison and the drug is being used on the heroes, so don’t get poisoned or you will die!”

Tzuyu bites her lower lip when she hears Wendy’s words as she starts running even faster, still hearing Wendy’s worried voice. “I’ll try to send some to you, but it will take time! So, for the love of God BE CAREFUL! ESPECIALLY YOU CHOU TZUYU! YOU ARE THE MOST RECKLESS TEAM LEADER!”

Tzuyu cannot help but let out a light surprised chuckle after Wendy’s last words, using her finger to answer Wendy as she keeps running. “I’ll be okay, I’m on my way to her, Chaeyoung is fighting against Krystal, if anything happens…I’ll go and rescue her”

“YOU LEFT CHAEYOUNG ALONE WITH-“ Jeongyeon and Sana shout in the earphone despite being fighting, but Mina’s voice stops them. “It’s better if we go in case something gets out of hand, we’re the nearest! You go after Sunmi!”

“MINA!! YOU ARE NOT HELP-“ Sana and Jeongyeon try to talk again but Mina’s annoyed voice shuts them. “SHUT UP YOU TWO! FOCUS ON YOUR FIGHTS!”

Tzuyu only shakes her head, and gives a last message before she mutes her earphone. “Chaeyoung is not the same from months ago…

 “believe in her.”

The ice hero notices a big metallic door in front of her, she doesn’t lose time to use her ice quirk to destroy the door strenuously, jumping fast into a large room, even larger and more like a cave than the one she and the team entered first.

Her careful steps resound in the room as she looks around, her five senses are in alert to the fullest, she can feel a chilly and creepy vibe, as if someone were looking at her.

The sound of a weird clapping and heels resounding makes her turn to meet the person walking in her direction.

Tzuyu doesn’t need to hear the person’s introduction to know who she is, her angry and unsurprised greyish orbs meet with a pair of dull and wicked green eyes.

“it’s been fun to see you and your team in action…like rats in a maze...”

The woman before Tzuyu says with a smug smirk as she lets out a silent and dry chuckle when she sees Tzuyu’s eyes, cold and angry as she thinks. “Has she been seeing us all the time…?”

Tzuyu raises her hand to touch her earphone, her voice almost like an angry whisper.

 “I found Sunmi.”

Even after letting her teammates know about her, Sunmi doesn’t seem to care as she continues talking.

 “You even let Chaeyoung handle Krystal alone! It must’ve been such a haaaard decision to make, right?” The woman starts to pace around as she is followed by Tzuyu’s silent but enraged eyes, the woman claps again, her voice mocking and dull. “I was surprised! You managed to get here! Surprisingly, you chose the right path…although it would’ve been fun to see you fall into the trap, I had in the other path…Oh such an intelligent he-”

“Are you done?”

Tzuyu’s voice sounds deadly cold as she links her silent furious eyes with Sunmi’s smug and dull ones.

“I don’t give a single about what surprised you…” Tzuyu’s voice is sharp and angry. “Give me Nayeon back, right now.”

“My…aren’t you demanding?” Sunmi says with a dry chuckle as she keeps looking at Tzuyu with a smug smile. “But…unfortunately for you…”

“…The Nayeon you know is not here with us anymore…”

Tzuyu’s eyes widen when she hears Sunmi’s words, her whole body starts to feel hot because of her anger even if her body keeps lowering its temperature because of her very same anger. “…What?”

“Maybe if she were a bit more obedient doll…I wouldn’t have to take such measures…” Sunmi says as she raises her hand to admire her metallic and sharp claws, the smug smile only increases when she sees Tzuyu’s horrified face…it thrills her so much, to see this hero who has been getting on her way make such expression.

The hero’s heart beats resound in her ears after she hears Sunmi’s words, a dead and tense silence starts filling the room as Tzuyu’s hands start to tremble, turning into strong fists quickly covered by ice, opens slowly to exhale the coldest breath she has ever let. “How…dare..you…”

“MOTHERER!! HOW DARE YOU LAY YOUR HANDS ON HER!!!”

Tzuyu can feel the rage running through her veins, the temperature lowering drastically in her body as her fury takes over her, her ice quirk quickly responding to it as she freezes the whole room, but her ice doesn’t stop there, it freezes the whole lair, the team and Chaeyoung who were fighting against the villains feel the cold temperature filling the lair, widening their eyes with great surprise.

Sunmi seems unsurprised as she uses her claws to cut the ice blasts coming from Tzuyu even when she keeps freezing everything, her costume resists cold and hot temperatures like this, so she doesn’t worry much about the enraged woman attacking her.

Until the ice gets so cold it starts to fill the room with a breeze that blurs her vision making her lose Tzuyu for a moment.

And a moment it’s the only thing Tzuyu needs.

The ice hero lands from above Sunmi with a great force she breaks the ground, the villain didn’t manage to avoid the attack, as she is sent underground with a powerful ice blast.

The villain coughs blood as she looks at the enraged woman coming from above again, a wicked smile plastered on Sunmi’s face as she chuckles smugly, cleaning the blood with a gentle thumb, she can’t believe this hero managed to touch her, and even more.

Sunmi thought she had analyzed Tzuyu pretty well just like all the team and Chaeyoung, she was prepared to play a good game.

Tzuyu was supposed to be slower, or at least is what Sunmi thought, with the temperature and how hard the ice is, the woman must be using below-zero now.

But even if she was wrong, Tzuyu will need even more than that to defeat her.

Sunmi stands up as if the powerful blast that hit her seconds before wasn’t anything, dodging Tzuyu’s next attack and successfully slashing the ice the hero sends to her as she keeps attacking.

The villain makes a back stunt, she is far away from Tzuyu now, cleaning the dirt from her somewhat damaged costume with her hands almost with elegance, looking at Tzuyu with her smug smile. “You surprised me there, I knew below-zero made you significantly stronger but also slow…my calculations were strangely wrong.”

Tzuyu looks at her with furious and sharp eyes, even if she is fuming with great anger it surprises her that Sunmi’s costume is only covered in dirt but not damaged, not even a millimeter. “Her costume…is even more resistant than Momo and Nayeon’s? I definitely hurt her…but not as much as I expected, what is this woman?!” Tzuyu thinks as she exhales cold air, deciding to stand still for some moments, not wanting her anger to take full control.

Sunmi moves her head and closes her eyes, stretching for a few moments, even making her neck crack…her eyes open again, this time looking deadly cold with a silent but great anger that surprises Tzuyu for a moment

Then…shall we play a bit before the main act?”

The next thing Tzuyu sees is Sunmi’s heel on her face, the hero didn’t have time to dodge it, as she is sent flying against one of her nearest ice structures, she can feel her entire face hurting like hell, even some blood coming from her forehead, dodging in time one of Sunmi’s wild claw slashes

The ice hero uses her ice quirk to make an ice wall, clenching her teeth when Sunmi slashes it with ease, she widens her eyes when Sunmi quickly appears behind her using her elbow to punch her face strongly, her right claw almost slashing her stomach, but the ice hero quickly grabs Sunmi’s freezing her hand as she makes a back stunt to recover.

Sunmi smirks wickedly as she breaks the ice from her claws too quickly, approaching Tzuyu with strong and fast steps, Tzuyu widens her eyes again in surprise, who jumps to dodge Sunmi’s strong attack, the villain turning to link her amused and wicked look with Tzuyu’s surprised one thinking. “I barely have the time to counter! My quirk is making me go slow…I need to recover even for some minutes…“

“What happened to your attitude from before? Ice maiden?” Sunmi calls her in a mocking tone as she lets out a wicked laugh, seeming thrilled to see Tzuyu have a hard time against her, kicking Tzuyu on the chest in a quick move the hero doesn’t even see coming, finishing her attack with another kick in Tzuyu’s face, this one makes Tzuyu cough blood.

Sunmi’s heel is pressed against the hero’s neck making Tzuyu have a hard time to breath as she sees Sunmi’s eyes, the green eyes shining with excitement and greed for blood.

The heel digs even more on her neck but Tzuyu only sharpens her look on Sunmi’s eyes not feeling fear of those deadly and wicked green eyes. “We wouldn’t be in this situation…if you didn’t get on the way…you ruined her.”

“The two were going to be magnificent villains…and that would have made that person suffer so much…” Sunmi uses more force on her heel, her eyes filling with fury as she looks at Tzuyu’s challenging face despite the bruises. “But you…and Myoui had to interfere…YOU RUINED MY PRECIOUS DOLLS!!”

Tzuyu clenches her teeth looking down for a moment as she grabs Sunmi’s leg with great force, she did not let Sunmi dig her heel on her because she couldn’t counter, but because she was resting and preparing.

“Nayeon…is not a doll …” Tzuyu starts to exhale cold air again, this time even colder than before, freezing Sunmi’s whole leg fastly, her enraged eyes shinning with fury as she looks up finding Sunmi’s wicked and furious eyes. “SHE DOESN’T BELONGS TO YOU!!!”

A huge ice blast hits Sunmi and the villain quickly uses her claws to destroy the ice of her leg, the moment she looks up she finds Tzuyu’s enraged eyes as she slams her ice fist on her face, her body flies and rolls on the ground as she shakes her head looking at Tzuyu with deadly sharp eyes even if there’s blood rolling from her nose and mouth, Tzuyu has surely broken her nose and more.

The ice hero doesn’t stop there, Sunmi barely blinks when she feels Tzuyu’s strong and cold fist almost touching her stomach, she manages to catch the hero’s fist with her claws but it surprises her when she cannot easily break the ice as before.

In those moments Sunmi let her guard down, Tzuyu grabbed her from the neck using a powerful ice breeze full of fury,sending Sunmi flying away, the villain’s back almost collides against the wall, but Sunmi makes a flip, using her legs to impulse to where Tzuyu is, her eyes also filled with rage.

Tzuyu used below-zero in the first big attack against Sunmi, she couldn’t control her rage and neither her quirk for that moment, just like now, she is using below-zero again, since she didn’t use it for so long and her costume is helping her to regulate her temperature.

Her special ability is starting to make her slower but she keeps pushing her body to be fast, the only thing she can think about is to punch Sunmi until she cannot move.

Sunmi hates to admit she is also having a hard time avoiding Tzuyu’s blasts and attacks, the hero is also avoiding her claws with somewhat flawless moves, making her feel even more irritated.

Tzuyu covers her foot with ice, when Sunmi is about to slash her she jumps and kicks the villain hard on the face.

The hit sounds thunderously in the room, Tzuyu can see blood drops falling from Sunmi’s face again-

“ha…haha…HA...HAHAHAHA!!”

Tzuyu cannot help but feel a shiver when she hears the villain’s laugh, Sunmi puts her hand on her face as she keeps laughing, the ice hero looks at her with a disconcerted look as she frowns.

“This is not good…I’m getting angrier..this is not good!...I WANT TO KILL YOU RIGHT NOW! POISON YOUR BODY SO YOU CAN DIE SLOWLY AND SUFFERING THE WHOLE TIME!!” Sunmi says as she keeps laughing maniacally, her wicked and creepy green eyes meet Tzuyu’s surprised and disgusted ones.

Tzuyu narrows her eyes her disgust and irritation only growing once again as she hears Sunmi’s words. “Try then…” Tzuyu’s voice sounds deadly angry.

“I’ll freeze your ing fingers until you cannot make poison anymore…”

The ice hero runs fast towards Sunmi, making her fist covered with ice this time an even stronger one, she plans to finish this right now, the person before her, is the one who has Nayeon under her claws, god only knows what she did to her.

To her precious Nayeon…

Tzuyu exhales cold air again as her anger begins to rise again only with the thought of Sunmi hurting Nayeon.

Sunmi who still has a hand on her face, smiling creepily, still laughing, throws her head backwards.

“It’s a shame….I can’t...not before the main act…” Sunmi says as she stops laughing, a smug smile returns to her face as she sees Tzuyu approaching her, her smile only widens when she sees Tzuyu approach more.

“So… it’s time to call her…isn’t it?” Sunmi says as she puts a finger on her earphone making Tzuyu be on alert as she jumps again her ice fist almost touching Sunmi’s face, hearing the villain’s next words.

“Come to me and finish her.”

Tzuyu frowns when she hears the words, but she doesn’t have time to blink when she feels an extremely hot fist digging with force on her stomach, she can see Sunmi’s wicked and wide smile as she flies fast towards the wall, her back breaking it thunderously, her earphone finally breaks, and a pained gasp escapes from Tzuyu’s lips.

“You stupid heroes really have some nerve, no wonder even looking at you makes me nauseous

Tzuyu widens her eyes with great surprise as she quickly rises her head despite the pain, her eyes filled with shock when she meets a pair of brownish-green eyes she knows so well.

“…Nayeon?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Momo is currently sitting on the edge of the bed, her mind is still processing that Wendy told her everyone went to the lair to save Nayeon, even her little sister.

Her body still feels tired, and Wendy was very strict to tell her to stay where she was since she needs to rest.

But does she really need that?

At this very moment Mina, Chaeyoung, and the team are fighting against Sunmi and the remaining of Jessica’s gang.

The last thing she needs is rest right now, she must go to help.

She has had plenty of rest.

“You are planning to go, don’t you?”

Momo raises her head with surprise when she sees Wendy standing at the door with a small smile on her face, the scientific girl throws her something that Momo catches fast, gasping when she recognizes the black and blue card.

“I fixed your costume the best I could, I must admit, the technology of it, it’s pretty good, it was pretty damaged and with so little time I only managed to recover the 75% of it.” Wendy explains as she lets out a slight chuckle. “Mina will beat the out of me later for letting you go, but it’s better if we send some familiar faces.”

“Familiar faces?” Momo tilts her head as she asks with curiosity, Wendy starts walking towards the exit, signaling Momo to follow her, and the black-haired girl follows her with quick steps.

Wendy opens the door and Momo has to cover her eyes from the sun, a well-known voice makes her look at a Jeep parked in front of them. “It’s not the best decision to let you go, but they will need all the help we can get.”

“Jihyo-sshi…” Momo calls as she sees Jihyo’s small smile, a silver-haired girl pops out from the driver’s seat. “Get in! We need to get to that lair fast!”

“That’s Dahyun, Jeong’s girlfriend, and Ji is also Sana’s girlfriend, they were helping on the hero event chaos, but once reinforcements arrived, they came here to pick some antiophidic serum that Mina’s lab sent to me, don’t worry Jihyo and I have explained everything to Dahyun, but I’m afraid we don’t have time to introduce you properly.” Wendy explains as she approaches the jeep with Momo, the blue-eyed girl is trying to process everything fast, she is surprised and speechless she doesn’t have the voice to thank Wendy or to say a word, she doesn’t even notice she is already on the Jeep.

Once they’re all in the jeep Wendy turns to see them. “Listen, I gave you everything I could get, for now, ten antiophidic serum, two will work against Sunmi’s quirk and you will need five if Sunmi manages to poison you with the drug, I will try to send more but with the current situation they will not get it for me fast, so for the love of god try to avoid Sunmi’s poison with everything you have.”

The three girls nod in understanding, Dahyun is the one speaking for all, making a soldier salute. “Yes ma’am!”

“Now dig that foot on the accelerator and GO!” Wendy says finally and Dahyun doesn’t need to be told twice, the Jeep’s engine roars as it quickly accelerates, Wendy closes one eye with a half-smile as she sees the Jeep back, opening her eyes with surprise when she sees Momo peeking out from the window. “WENDY-SSHI!”

“THANK YOU!!”

Wendy keeps looking at Momo with surprised eyes as she chuckles softly waving a hand with worried eyes as she purses her lips, the Jeep disappears from her vision.

“Be safe…everyone.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung can feel the sweat on her forehead due to the overuse of her fire quirk and the tiredness of using her water quirk.

The villain in front of her is more damaged than her but it keeps fighting even if her quirk is starting to hurt her hands and make her have a fever, the villain doesn’t stop as she angrily shouts to Chaeyoung. “ANNOYING PIECE OF ! JUST GIVE UP ALREADY!!!!”

The novice hero dodges another attack, gritting her teeth in pain when she feels another burn on her leg, her leg is quite bruised and with some burns since her costume is quite damaged.

Each movement she does feels heavy on her body, even dodging seems hard to do, as she feels even more tired.

But she cannot give up, she can’t…

“You better meet me later, Chaeyoung.”

“I believe in you, you are not going to lose!!”

Chaeyoung clenches her fist when she remembers Tzuyu’s words, why is she here, who is she trying to rescue…

The image of her smiling older sister crosses in her mind and it’s exactly what Chaeyoung needs to challenge her limits.

“I WILL NOT GIVE UP!!” Chaeyoung uses a water whip to chain Krystal’s hands using a great force to pull the girl and smash her against the ground, Krystal coughs with the impact and tries to get off Chaeyoung’s water whip, too busy to realize the novice hero is approaching from above with a fire fist.

Krystal widens her eyes when she looks up and Chaeyoung’s fist collides with her face, the fist is way stronger than the ones she has given to her, but that is not what surprises Krystal the most.

Is the fact that even if it was for brief moments, Chaeyoung actually managed to use her two quirks at the same time, using them to hold her back and give her the final hit.

Krystal can feel her vision blurry as she coughs blood one more time, the last thing she sees is Chaeyoung’s blue eyes shining with great determination and will.

And even if she doesn’t want to admit when a hero is strong…

Chaeyoung is a strong one.

The blue-eyed girl breathes harshly as her fire fist starts to look normal again, her water whip disappears like a big splash as she notices Krystal passed out, Chaeyoung wants to believe it was because of her punch and not by Kristal’s quirk limit.

Chaeyoung falls on her as she keeps breathing harshly, her costume is helping her to ease her temperature and tiredness, but she still needs to rest for a few minutes, a shaking hand touches her earphone and with a tired voice, she announces.

Krystal has been defeated, I will go to where Tzuyu is…”

Chaeyoung coughs as she closes her eyes for a moment, she can still feel the great tiredness on her body, but she shakes her head, standing despite her shaking legs as she gives a last look to the passed-out Krystal…only brief moments before she starts walking towards the other path with slow but sure steps.

-------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately, the team didn’t hear Chaeyoung’s message, after having a big fight against the remaining villains, even if Park Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung, and Yoona are out of combat, Sunny and Hyoyeon decided to appear in the worst moment.

Mina, Sana, and Jeongyeon are unable to move due to Sunny and Hyoyeon’s quirks, their earphones were destroyed by Choi Sooyoung’s last attack, now they’re facing the villain’s excited smiles, even if they’re far, Mina can see it.

“…we are cornered” Mina thinks, gritting teeth as she turns to see Jeongyeon, the only one with enough strength to break the plant thread is passed out since she took most of Choi Sooyoung’s attack, she also turns to see Sana who can barely open her eyes, her left arm completely broken even her fingers after an intense fight with Park Sooyoung, her steam quirk needs three minutes more to recover…

Mina bites her lower lip as she notices Yuri Kwon is planning something along with the other two, her costume and she are not as damaged as Jeongyeon and Sana’s but she is still unable to move, even when her hands are trembling and fighting to move for at least grab one of her tools from her belt it’s beyond hard and also painful.

The chestnut frowns when she sees Yuri Kwon is preparing for something…like a big attack and Mina definitely doesn’t like how that sounds.

“If she attacks us now…how can I save Sana and Jeong?!... My floating quirk is also being restricted by Sunny’s annoying quirk…” Mina can feel the nervous feeling in her body as she starts sweating cold, she has seen how large the acid waves Kwon can spit are and if she is planning to spit one of those…they’re in BIG problems.

Mina does her best to stay calm, but that doesn’t last too much when she sees Yuri opens to spit a large wave of acid, her eyes widen as she desperately tries to use her floating quirk to save her friends, she keeps trying and trying…

“!! MOVE!! MOVE DAMMIT!!” Mina thinks with desperation as she sees the acid wave coming fast towards them, her body is still refusing to move, there’s no way to escape-

Until a large water wall appears in front of them successfully protecting them on time from Yuri’s attack, Mina widens her eyes with astonishment, she can barely process what it’s happening, she sees two people jumping from behind, standing before them in a protective manner.

Mina’s eyes widen, even more, this time with shock when she sees a black and blue costume, her voice also filled with shock. “Momo?!!”

Momo and Dahyun turn to see Mina, the blue-eyed girl widens her eyes just as Dahyun when they notice the bruises and damaged costumes of the three, the two of them can feel their blood boiling when they see their two important people hurt and prisoned, turning to see the three villains who are coming after them, Kwon splits another large wave of acid, but she and the others weren’t prepared by Momo and Dahyun’s counter.

Momo raises her arms and the moment she does a huge wave of water coming from the sea is under her control, the blue-eyed girl doesn’t waste time using it to counter the acid wave.

Dahyun, even if her quirk has been called good to fight, she doesn’t like using it for it, however, after seeing Jeongyeon and her friend’s state, she doesn’t give a about not liking using her quirk to fight, the rescue hero creates a huge wind breeze that fuses with Momo’s wave which is now also fused with the acid wave, creates a powerful horizontal tornado.

Sunny decides to let Mina and the others go to make a wall of plant threads a weak attempt to protect her comrades, since the tornado hits them with force, making them fly and roll on the ground, they were already hurt by Mina and the others and the tornado surely gave them the last shot.

Momo and Dahyun turn to look at them with big and worried eyes, Dahyun hurriedly takes Jeongyeon in her arms, breathing with great relief when she hears Jeongyeon is still breathing

Momo extends a gentle hand to Mina, Mina raises her head slowly, meeting Momo’s worried and kind eyes, Mina purses her lips not liking the way her heart starts beating fast…

“What a horrible lie I’m thinking…of course I still like the way my heart beats for her… ” Mina thinks as she puts her hand on Momo’s, the blue-eyed girl smiles gently, squeezing Mina’s hand softly to help her to get up, Momo’s arms enveloping in a strong but soft hug making the chestnut feel surprised.

Maybe it’s because of Sunny’s quirk, but her legs feel a bit shaky, maybe it’s part of the nerves she felt before…maybe it’s because Momo is here, holding her…

Mina’s hands travel towards Momo’s chest, her hands digging on her costume as she hides her face on Momo’s shoulder, she can feel herself trembling, but despite it, she manages to talk, her voice sounds like a whisper but Momo hears her.

“…Thank you…”

“It’s okay…you are safe…” Momo says gently, turning her head a little to press a gentle and almost secret kiss on Mina’s hair, she hopes Mina doesn’t realize.

But Mina does.

The intimate moment breaks when Momo hears someone moving quickly putting Mina behind her as she also makes sure to stand in front of Sana, she and Dahyun see Yuri who is getting up, her deadly gaze lays on them, Momo and Dahyun don’t waste time standing in a protective manner.

Yuri breaths deeply as she starts to prepare another attack, almost opening to let out the acid wave-

But the acid wave never happens.

Not when Jihyo punches Yuri with all her force almost sending the villain to the ocean, but her punch is so strong they could hear Yuri’s nose breaking.

Mina, Momo, and Dahyun look at the scene with wide eyes as Jihyo breaths harshly, it seemed like she was running but she also looks angry.

Jihyo turns to see their friends, that’s when Momo and Dahyun realize Jihyo was running with them but she doesn’t run as fast as them so that’s why she appeared now.

The doctor quickly runs towards her friends, gasping with worry and hurt when she sees their state, almost crying when she sees Sana’s heavily broken arm.

“Ji…?” Sana who has been almost passing out thinks she is dreaming, why would Jihyo be here?

But when Sana feels Jihyo’s gentle hand on her face, her eyes open up a little bit more due to the surprise, it feels too real…

“I’m here, you can rest now…it’s okay Sana.” Jihyo says with glassy eyes as she gently caresses Sana’s bruised cheeks.

Sana’s eyes start to feel heavy again as she finally succumbs to the tiredness and pain, her sleeping face is adorned with a small smile, her bruised cheek resting on Jihyo’s hand.

Jihyo gently puts Sana on the ground, taking off her white robe, gently putting it under Sana’s head, she swallows the pain in her heart to see Sana in this state, quickly using her quirk on Sana’s arm, she turns to look at Mina and Dahyun who is holding an unconscious Jeong. “Dahyun, please bring Jeong to me, I’ll start to heal her bones and muscles, Mina I’ll treat your bruises after Jeong.”

Dahyun nods quickly as she approaches with Jeongyeon in her arms with hurried steps, Mina also nods, she tries to walk towards Jihyo alone, but her legs still feel weak, thankfully Momo grabs her waist gently, Mina turns to meet Momo’s soft eyes. “Let me help you, Mina.”

Mina can feel her heart skip a beat again as she looks aside for a moment before she nods in silence, she can hear Momo smile as they both start walking towards Jihyo and the others.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu keeps looking at the woman before her with wide eyes, the words that came out of Nayeon’s lips also seemed to astonish her.

Her confused and surprised eyes search for Nayeon’s gentle and determined eyes, but they are nowhere to be seen…

That’s when Tzuyu realize what Sunmi meant.

“SUNMI!!!” Tzuyu roars the villain name with fury as she forgets about the pain and shots Sunmi an ice blast, but her ice blast never manages to even touch Sunmi, Nayeon stops it and melts it with a powerful fire blast, Tzuyu has to jump to dodge the attack.

Nayeon’s fire fist collides with her arm covered in ice, Nayeon’s eyes speak for her, looking at Tzuyu with despise but also with something Tzuyu cannot pinpoint.

That motherer!!! She must’ve prisoned more of Nayeon’s memories!!” Tzuyu thinks as she blocks and dodges Nayeon’s attacks not having the heart to attack the woman she is in love with, even the thought of it it’s too painful.

Tzuyu moves her feet to freeze Nayeon’s legs taking the girl by surprise as she runs towards Sunmi who is looking at her with a smug smirk which makes Tzuyu feel even more enraged. “ER!! YOU PLANNED ALL OF THIS!! I’LL WIPE THAT SMIRK FROM YOUR ING FACE!! LEE SUNMI!!”

“I don’t think you will be able to.” Sunmi says still with her smug smirk, her hands on her hips as she doesn’t even move an inch.

Of course, she wouldn’t move, not when Nayeon appears between Tzuyu and Sunmi her fire fist almost punches Tzuyu’s face if it wasn’t for Tzuyu’s arms who protected her from the attack.

“ing hero, don’t try to touch her.” Nayeon says with a sharp and angry tone, the fire covering her fist grows as she looks at Tzuyu with a disgusted frown. “I’ll beat anyone who dares to touch my family!”

Tzuyu grits her teeth after she hears Nayeon’s words, it’s like she is fighting against the Nayeon she first met…as if all the progress Nayeon made the past two months was completely forgotten

The ice hero also knows why Nayeon is attacking her…based on what Wendy discovered…

Nayeon probably doesn’t even know who she is.

However…Tzuyu refuses to believe Nayeon forgot about her, refuses to fight against her…why? Why does she have to? Can’t they just talk like they used to?... Will this Nayeon listen to her?

“NAYEON! STOP THIS! I DON’T WANNA FIGHT WITH YOU! SHE IS CONTROLLING YOUR MEMORIES!!” Tzuyu shouts to Nayeon as she blocks Nayeon’s fire punches with her ice-covered hands, looking at Nayeon with a painful gaze as Nayeon’s eyes flash with annoyance as she finally manages to punch Tzuyu’s face, Nayeon feels a painful stab in her heart when she punches Tzuyu, but she ignores it.

“Controlling me?! STOP TALKING NONSENSE AND FIGHT HERO!!” Nayeon answers, ignoring the pain bothering her heart, it seems like that only increases her annoyance.

Tzuyu blocks a fire blast coming from Nayeon but her reflects are not functioning as well as they did with Sunmi so she doesn’t see Nayeon’s kick, the kick hurts even more than any punch she has received today… the way Nayeon is looking at her with irritation and disgust….

Nothing can hurt more than that.

Sunmi’s smug chuckle reaches Tzuyu’s ears as she sees the villain’s eyes look at them with excitement, even sitting on one of the concrete rests, a hand on her jaw, her eyes sparkling with joy when Nayeon punches Tzuyu’s face and makes her stumble, almost falling.

Tzuyu finally grabs Nayeon’s fists with her ice hands, her hurt eyes linking with Nayeon’s sharp ones as they stay like that for moments that seem to be eternal. “Nayeon! Please! STOP!”

“So annoying…” Nayeon grits her teeth as she creates a fire blast from her trapped fist sending Tzuyu to the ground, the hero rolls on the ground as she tries to get up, the way Tzuyu’s fist clench until her knuckles turn white makes Nayeon feel a sting in her heart…she felt numerous of those the first time she hit Tzuyu…and even more when she kept hurting the hero.

Why?... She is just an irritating hero…just like the other ones.” Nayeon, thinks and puts a hand on her chest as she bites her lower lip with annoyance.

“Why it hurts so much every time I hurt her?...”

“I don’t even know who the you are…why…” Nayeon whispers her irritation growing as she looks at Tzuyu who is looking at her with sorrowful eyes, her beautiful face bruised…her features filled with hurt.

Nayeon runs towards her attacking her with punches and kicks, Tzuyu blocks them and dodges them, Nayeon manages to kick her stomach, hard.

Tzuyu coughs blood and that makes Nayeon feel a painful sting, even more than the others she felt before, she grits her teeth as she shots a powerful fire blast to Tzuyu. “… that’s why heroes are so…ANNOYING!!”

This time Tzuyu stops her fire blast with her ice blast, Nayeon notices it’s powerful but not enough to send her to the ground as she covers her face with her arms.

Nayeon widens her eyes when she sees the ice hero in front of her, Tzuyu’s voice makes her heart skip a beat, it’s painful and also uncomfortably warm.

And Tzuyu’s words only make her heart sting painfully again.

“If I’m so annoying…why do you look so hurt every time you attack me?”

Tzuyu’s eyes look so gentle yet so sorrowful as she approaches Nayeon making the girl take a step back, the more Tzuyu approaches the more her heart starts to beat in such a nauseous way she deeply dislikes.

“DON’T COME CLOSER!!” Nayeon shuts with a broken voice that surprises her as she tries to punch Tzuyu.

Tzuyu stops her fist cornering Nayeon as the girl puts her other hand on her chest, her heart keeps beating faster…warmer…and it overwhelms Nayeon, why? WHY WOULD HER HEART BEAT LIKE THIS FOR A HERO?! UNACCEPTABLE!

“It hurts, isn’t it?” Tzuyu’s words pierce her as she widens her eyes looking at Tzuyu’s gentle and sad eyes. “You don’t want to hurt me…yet you’re doing it…because that’s what that woman ordered…this isn’t something you would do.”

“After all…you said you cannot hurt me, not anymore.”

Nayeon feels her head aching when she hears Tzuyu’s words, quickly grabbing her throbbing head as she looks up to see Tzuyu who is still looking at her with those stupidly beautiful sad eyes.

“SHUT UP!!!” Nayeon yells as she grabs Tzuyu’s hand, throwing her upwards with great force, taking Tzuyu by surprise as she widens her eyes when she sees Nayeon using her fire as a propellant until she kicks Tzuyu’s ribs so hard, Tzuyu lands on the wall of the first floor with a thundering sound, Nayeon can swear she can her some bones finally break, her heart clenches painfully at the sight of Tzuyu whose back is resting against some concrete rests, trying to stand up with a painful look on her face.

Nayeon can feel her heart almost breaking at the mere sight, the painful beats against her chest as she keeps walking towards Tzuyu, only increasing as she gets closer.

The auburn-brown haired woman clenches her teeth with great irritation as she starts feeling her eyes glassy, but why? This is not what she is supposed to feel! SO WHY!!!

Nayeon forcefully grabs Tzuyu’s neck, the hero opens her eyes to see her, and the look on Tzuyu’s eyes makes her feel someone is stabbing her countless times on her chest.

Tzuyu’s gentle hand reaches her cheek, as she looks at Nayeon with such gentleness and pain, a small smile adorning the hero’s bruised face, sending shivers to Nayeon

“You really don’t want to do this, isn’t it? Nayeon.” Tzuyu speaks with a soft voice and Nayeon absolutely hates the way her stomach swirls when Tzuyu calls her name.

“Shut your mouth hero…” Nayeon bites her lower lip, snapping Tzuyu’s hand from her face, putting more force on her grip, but Tzuyu doesn’t even move. “we’re strangers…how can you even-“

“We are not.” Tzuyu says as she puts her hand on Nayeon’s, Nayeon shivers again when she feels Tzuyu’s cold but gentle hand on hers, Nayeon frowns with irritation pushing Tzuyu more against the concrete.

“OF COURSE WE ARE! I HAVE NEVER SEEN YOU HORRIBLE FACE IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!” Nayeon shouts but Tzuyu remains still. “IF I WANT TO, I CAN END YOU AND YOUR STUPID TEAMMATES! BURN THE WHOLE CITY EVEN! YOU DON’T KNOW ME!!”

“The Nayeon I know, wouldn’t hurt anyone, not even a hero…the one I know even saves people not caring about her identity…her health.” Tzuyu says as she starts getting up, trying to push Nayeon as she keeps speaking, her voice unwavering and strong. “The one I know! Even let her sister knew about her identity because she didn’t want to be a villain anymore!!”

Nayeon can feel her body trembling as she keeps hearing Tzuyu’s words, she can feel Tzuyu is also pushing her more despite her strong grip, her head starts to throb like before, but this time is even more painful, she closes her eyes for brief moments, something is trying to escape from her mind but she can’t pinpoint what.

Nayeon loses the force in her grip until she cannot hold Tzuyu’s neck anymore, standing up as she keeps holding her throbbing head as she starts breathing heavily. “STOP TALKING LIKE YOU KNOW ME!! I’M A VILLIAN!! YOU HEROES DON’T KNOW-“

“YOU’RE NOT ONE!!” Tzuyu finally raises her voice even more as she also stands up approaching Nayeon who shakes her head and keeps stepping back. “HOW CAN YOU EVEN SAY THAT?!!”

“BECAUSE YOU WANTED TO CHANGE! YOU WANTED TO STOP!” Tzuyu keeps approaching as Nayeon keeps holding her head, looking down. “YOU SAVED A KID THE NIGHT WE MET! YOU SAVED TWO KIDS FROM A VILLAIN! YOU NEVER HURT AN INNOCENT CIVILIAN! YOU EVEN CAME TO SAVE PEOPLE WHEN A VILLAIN APPEARED!! THE HATE YOU BELIEVE IT’S YOURS IS NOT!!”

“YOU COULDN’T KILL ME WHEN YOU HAD THE CHANCE!”

Tzuyu’s words make Nayeon open her eyes wide as she finally looks up, tears almost falling from her beautiful and deeply confused brownish-green eyes.

Tzuyu’s soft smile makes Nayeon’s heart skip a beat again as she shakes her head again biting her lower lip with frustration. “No..you’re lying…why…why-“

“In reality, you’re just a normal girl…who couldn’t enjoy her school days, who laughs loudly and enjoys the little things… who didn’t even know a karaoke but sung with everything she had…who enjoys walking chocolate…a girl who likes challenges…who likes jellies so much.” Tzuyu continues as she is finally in front of Nayeon, her smile still soft and gentle, looking at Nayeon with loving eyes, those eyes that make Nayeon’s heart beat stupidly fast even if she is desperately trying to control her reckless heart. “The girl who cares so much about Chaeyoung, she even let her fulfill her dream even if it was something you ‘hated’…you love your sisters more than anything…always there for them…”

“There’s so many things about you Nayeon.” Tzuyu says with a strong yet so soft voice as she finally hugs Nayeon with gentle arms, Nayeon’s face buried in Tzuyu’s chest as the girl widens her eyes, even if she wants to push Tzuyu something doesn’t let her. “So many things about you showed me why…”

“You are not made to be a villain.”

Nayeon’s eyes widen even more after she hears Tzuyu’s words, her heart beating fast, overwhelmed by the warmth feeling the hero provokes in her, the throb in her head slowly disappearing as she can feel something is finally escaping from her mind but she still can’t tell what is it, her hands traveling to Tzuyu’s back clawing the hero’s costume with a strong grip, as if she was afraid someone would take away Tzuyu from her.

She really doesn’t understand why, she can’t reject this feeling she called nauseous…

maybe because it has never felt like that for her…

“This person…even when I don’t know her…” Nayeon digs her face on Tzuyu’s chest, thinking.

 “Her embrace feels painfully nostalgic…and safe.”

Nayeon closes her eyes, as she digs her fingers on Tzuyu’s back. “What is this?... I feel like I have met her before…even attacking made my heart ache so much…as if…”

“As if I was hurting someone I love.”

Just then, Nayeon can feel a train of memories coming to her, strange memories she didn’t recall but she knows they’re real.

She can hear this person’s voice, calling her, sometimes her voice sounds funny, sometimes teasingly…sometimes happy…sometimes irritated in a cute way.

But it doesn’t matter how, this person always calls her name gently and sweetly.

“Nayeon”

The auburn-brown haired woman raises her face to meet Tzuyu’s loving eyes as the hero gently wipes the tears rolling down Nayeon’s cheeks, the girl didn’t even know when she started crying.

“You are really unfair…you even look cute when you are crying.” Tzuyu says with a gentle chuckle as she lowers her head to kiss Nayeon’s tears away, Nayeon feels her heart beating fast again, her cheeks warming when she notices Tzuyu is so close.

Tzuyu’s eyes connect with her shining orbs as she notices Tzuyu starts approaching, even more, closing the distance between them slowly…

Nayeon can feel her eyes closing unconsciously, she can only hear her heart beating thunderously against her rib cage…

It’s soft and sweet, the contact Nayeon doesn’t know she has been waiting for, the hero’s lips molding perfectly against her heart-shaped lips in a silent but gentle kiss.

Nayeon’s hands leave Tzuyu’s back, traveling towards her face, gently taking the hero’s face between her hands as she keeps kissing her with such sweetness as if she has been holding back for so long.

It’s almost painful to separate as she keeps her eyes closed, Tzuyu’s gentle hand coming to put a hair behind her ear.

Nayeon opens her eyes slowly, at the gentle touch, her eyes finding Tzuyu’s sweet and loving look, even if her face is bruised, she looks so so beautiful in Nayeon’s eyes.

The tears start rolling down her cheeks as she finally recognizes who is in front of her, her lips start to tremble and she hugs Tzuyu again, desperately…hurriedly, her hands digging on her back again this time with an even stronger grip, her loud sobs filling Tzuyu’s ears as she gently involves Nayeon with a relieved smile, a small tear rolling down her cheek.

“Welcome back…Nayeon.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung was found by the team before she could reach where Tzuyu is, Jihyo was quick to treat her wounds and broken bones even when Momo was hugging her so hard she could barely breathe.

“M-momo-unnie…I’m fine…but I can’t…breath!” Chaeyoung says as she pats Momo’s back with hurry

“Fine my ! Look at you!” Momo says as she separates from Chaeyoung with glassy eyes looking at her wounded and bruised sister who is looking at her with a small smile. “But I’m really fine! Well now that Jihyo-unnie is curing me!”

Jihyo looks at Momo with a gentle glare as she is still curing Chaeyoung. “Momo-sshi…I need to treat Chaeyoung’s wounds can you move a little please?”

Momo and the team feel chills down their spine, Momo nods fastly taking more distance from her sister with a nervous laugh. “Y-yes ma’am, just don’t break my nose please”

“Break your nose?” Chaeyoung asks with curiosity as she tilts her head, the whole team except Jeongyeon and Sana who didn’t see Jihyo’s powerful punch from before also looks at Momo, Mina, and Dahyun with curiosity.

“W-well, Jihyo has a lot of strength you have um, feel it a couple of times right?” Dahyun says with a nervous laugh. “But when we found the villains before she was quite…scary, I swear I heard the villain’s nose breaking…and we were a little bit far.”

Chaeyoung swallows hard as she imagines the scene, she has trained with Jihyo a couple of times and she can totally believe Dahyun’s words as she turns to look at Jihyo who gives a ‘cute’ smile, Chaeyoung also lets out a nervous laugh.

“Well, I was pretty mad, those villains hurt my friends and Sana, I heard Momo once broke the jaw of a villain who hurt Mina.” Jihyo looks at Momo who shakes her hands in a shy manner a tiny blush creeping on her face. “I-I just got really angry and didn’t control my strength!”

“But it was because he hurt Mina, right?” Sana who has almost recovered smirks teasingly, soon Jeongyeon also joins even if she is not as well as Sana, she likes teasing people. “Ohhh? Is that so? Momo-sshi?”

Momo feels a little pressured as she nervously looks at the two women before her, she blinks with surprise when Mina steps between them. “Sana! Jeong! It’s enough, don’t !”

Sana and Jeong only smirk more making Mina feel a shiver as she keeps standing in front of Momo, she knows her friends will only more.

“I finished curing Chaeyoung, we should head to where Tzuyu is.” Jihyo’s voice interrupts them, making the team turn to look at her. “She went to search Sunmi and Nayeon, right?”

“The last thing I heard is that she found Sunmi, but later I couldn’t hear more, I think her earphone broke.” Chaeyoung explains as she signals the way to where she was going. “I heard a big fight coming from where she went too, she even froze everything.”

“So, she really froze the whole lair, I thought she only froze a part of it…damn” Jeongyeon says with wide eyes as she looks around, everything is still covered in ice, thankfully with their costumes they don’t feel the cold, well- almost all of them.

 Jihyo who has been trembling since they entered the lair again, starts to tremble more since she is the only one who doesn’t wear a suit, caressing her arms as a small attempt to feel some warmth. “When we were running, I didn’t feel it a lot but it’s so cold.”

Sana approaches Jihyo quickly, enveloping one arm on her shoulders as she searches on her damaged costume, finding two spicy caramels, she starts eating one to create some warm steam, since she used her quirk a lot before, she cannot make her steam warmer but this greatly helps Jihyo who snuggles against her, grabbing Sana’s small waist. “Ahh, you’re an angel Sana!”

“I know love, I know.” Sana says as she winks at Jihyo who only shakes her head with a playful smile.

Suddenly I prefer cold now.” Jeongyeon says with a playful irritated tone when she sees her friends acting cute, Sana and Jihyo turn to look at her with a frown. “Then freeze!”

The sound of someone fighting makes everyone turn to look in the direction where Tzuyu went with big eyes, Chaeyoung purses her lips and frowns. “Looks like the fight isn’t over yet.”

“We should hurry then, Tzuyu can’t deal with everything alone.” Mina says as everyone nods in agreement, going to where Tzuyu is with quick steps.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Nayeon keeps holding Tzuyu as if her life depended on it, her tears don’t stop and Tzuyu feels it hurts even more to hear her painful and sorrowful sobs than the wounds she has.

“I’m so sorry Tzuyu! I’M SORRY!” Nayeon says between sobs as she digs her face on the hero’s neck, just like the time when Tzuyu was holding her after she revealed the truth about Jessica’s subway incident, she feels like she isn’t worth being held and also hold the hero in front of her.

Yet she cannot bring herself to let go of Tzuyu.

“I hurt her…even when I told her I couldn’t do it anymore…I’m such a liar…” Nayeon thinks as she keeps holding Tzuyu, her body and heart refusing to let the hero go. “But I don’t want to let her go…I know I don’t deserve to be held like this but please…please…”

Tzuyu frowns with sadness when she feels Nayeon’s arms trembling as she keeps holding onto her with desperation, Nayeon’s broken voice makes her heart ache. “Every time I attacked you…my heart ached so much I couldn’t bear ityet I didn’t stop! I hurt you! You the one who I cherish the most! and even then! I-... I’m sorry!!”

Tzuyu purses her lips, her worried and sorrowful eyes look at Nayeon, she doesn’t want to hear more, not when all of this wasn’t Nayeon’s fault.

I’m so-“ Nayeon doesn’t finish her sentence when Tzuyu tightens her hold on her, enveloping Nayeon in an even warmer embrace, pulling her more into her chest, fearing that if she loses her hold, Nayeon will fall apart.

“Enough…please.”

Tzuyu whispers with a soft voice and broken voice. “This wasn’t your fault Nayeon…so please, stop apologizing…”

“B-But I hurt-“ Nayeon tries to speak but Tzuyu’s voice interrupts her. “It was because you couldn’t remember me…every memory related to me disappeared…”

“This was probably what Sunmi wanted, she knew you wouldn’t hurt me…that’s why she made you forget about me.” Tzuyu explains softly as she slowly separates a bit from Nayeon to look at her, a soft and sad smile adorns Tzuyu’s face when she notices Nayeon’s swollen, guilty and confused eyes.

“But even if she made you like the Nayeon I met the first time, I knew you wouldn’t go far.” Tzuyu says with a voice full of confidence and sweetness. “Not after knowing who you truly are.”

“Tzuyu…” Nayeon says as she starts feeling tears almost falling from her eyes as she looks aside, a sad look on her eyes. “But how…can you be so sure?”

The ice hero lets out a soft chuckle as she gently caresses Nayeon’s cheek making her turn to look at her. “Isn’t it obvious?”

“Because I know the woman I fell in love with.”

Nayeon widens her eyes when she hears Tzuyu’s words, her eyes looking at the honest and loving greyish black orbs, she cannot hear anything else aside from her heart beating faster, even more, when Tzuyu’s gentle hand caress her cheek, her thumb tracing her soft heart-shaped lips.

The ice hero narrows her eyes as she starts to lower her head, she too, can only hear her heart, beating faster, Nayeon starts to close her eyes slowly the more Tzuyu approaches, she can almost feel Tzuyu’s lips on her-

“Hey!!”

Nayeon and Tzuyu snap from it, breaking the intimate moment as they hurriedly separate as if they were two kids who were caught.

Tzuyu blinks with surprise as she turns to see who was talking, she narrows her eyes trying to see who shouted at them, since they’re below them by several meters, she notices her team along with Momo and Chaeyoung.

Momo and Chaeyoung are also narrowing their eyes, they also cannot see entirely well who these two people are, but Chaeyoung swears she can recognize Tzuyu’s costume. “Tzuyu! Is it you?!”

Tzuyu gasps when she finally realizes who is shouting, a wide smile showing on her face. “Chae!! Look who is with me!!”

Chaeyoung and Momo along the team narrow their eyes again as Tzuyu pulls someone closer to her, Momo and Chae widen their eyes when they notice the familiar auburn-brown hair.

Nayeon-unnie!!” Both call their older sister with relieved tones, happy tears rolling down their cheeks the moment they realize her sister is here! She is alive!

“Chaeyoung?! Momo?! What are they doing here?!” Nayeon asks looking at her sisters with a gaze full of disbelief, Tzuyu soft laugh makes her turn to see the ice hero again.

“Isn’t it obvious?! We came here for you!” Tzuyu says as she shows Nayeon a wide smile, her soft laugh resounding in Nayeon’s ears as she looks down with a big and shy smile, the tears start to show in the corner of her eyes, she can’t believe everyone came here…even Chaeyoung after knowing the truth she still came!

Words cannot describe how happy Nayeon is feeling in this moment, as if she is living a dream.

…..

…But sometimes, dreams turn into nightmares, right?

 It’s incredible how everything can change when you let your guard down, when you believe you have won…but you left unfinished pieces behind…

That’s how Nayeon feels when she turns around with a wide smile that turns into a horrified expression when she sees Sunmi digging a syringe on Tzuyu’s neck, the ice hero coughs blood as she falls on her knees grabbing her neck.

“TZUYU!!!”

Nayeon shouts Tzuyu’s name with fear and desperation as she catches the hero from falling, Tzuyu keeps coughing blood, her face starts to turn pale, and the only thing Nayeon can do is watch in horror.

Claming victory without watching the enemy for the last time…such a foolish move.”

Sunmi sounds creepily excited, her tone also filled with mockery, as she starts laughing sardonically. “You two were so enthralled in each other! Like stupid and naïve lovers!”

Nayeon can feel the blood boiling inside her as she starts trembling from the fury, her hands trembling but holding Tzuyu tightly against her, the ice hero looking at Sunmi with an enraged and weak look.

“FEEL THE PAIN NAYEON!! WATCH YOUR PRECIOUS HERO DIE SLOWLY IN YOUR HANDS!” Sunmi smiles wickedly as she sees the scene before her with excitement.

Nayeon remains quiet as she keeps trembling from fury, even more now, her breath becomes harsh, wild, the air starts feeling extremely tense, even hot as she starts clenching her teeth with force. “…I’ll burn you to ashes…”

Her brownish green eyes shining with great rage and burning fury as she finally looks up to see Sunmi. 

“I’LL NEVER FORGIVE YOU FOR THIS!!!”

Nayeon raises her hand quickly a huge and powerful blast of blue fire directed towards Sunmi’s direction, she concentrates all her rage in the attack, not feeling anything more than hate, fury, and rage, not caring if she was her family once, the only thing she wants it’s to beat out the out of Sunmi, even with that it wouldn’t be enough to calm Nayeon’s fury

Nayeon doesn’t give a single about how is that son of related to her right, now.

Sunmi chuckles sardonically as she dodges Nayeon attack even if she managed to burn part of her leg, the villain doesn’t stop laughing, even when she looks down, her laugh only increases when she sees Tzuyu’s friends, enraged and with angry tears in their eyes, coming for her.

Ah…such a pleasant sight, with a single move, she made all this hero’s powerless.

It doesn’t matter how much they try, even if they kill her…

They can’t do anything to save Tzuyu.

“BASTARD!!! I’LL DESTROY YOU!!” Jeongyeon says as she uses her remaining strength to try to punch Sunmi, with her sand fist, a bigger one than the other’s she has shown before.

Sunmi only lets out another sardonic chuckle as she dodges the fist, since it’s far slower than Jeongyeon’s attacks, covering herself when Sana and Mina appear beside her, looking at her with boiling rage. “YOU’LL PAY FOR THIS! FOR EVERYTHING!!”

Mina and Sana punch the villain even when her arms are covering her face, their combined force managed to send Sunmi, flying to the other room.

The villain smirks as she falls on the ground, she doesn’t even feel pain, the happiness she is feeling right now is unimaginable.

Throwing a light bomb towards the heroes, she manages to stun them, Mina and Sana almost fall but Jeongyeon’s hand grabs them, Sana grits her teeth with fury when she notices Sunmi is escaping “! THAT BASTARD! SHE IS RUNNING AWAY!!”

“LIKE I WOULD LET HER!” Chaeyoung says as she runs to where Sunmi went, not caring about her sister calling her, her rage is controlling her at this point, she wants to wipe that ing smirk from her aunt’s face, HOW DARE SHE TRIES TO KILL TZUYU?!!.

Momo gasps when she notices sand falling on her head, she looks up, finding Jeongyeon, Sana, and Mina falling from upwards, completely uncouncious it seems like even if Jihyo healed them, they can’t fight anymore.

Momo quickly creates a big hand made of water, grabbing the three of them just in time before they hit the ground, Dahyun also made a wind flow to avoid the three from touching the ground. Jihyo’s hurried and deadly worried voice makes her turn to look at her. “MOMO! USE YOUR HAND TO TAKE ALL OF US THERE! DAHYUN USE A WIND CANNON AS A PROPELLER! WE NEED TO GIVE TZUYU THE ANTIDOTE!!”

“YES!!” Momo and Dahyun don’t even doubt as she nods also feeling extremely anxious about the situation, even if she is not close to the ice hero, how could this happen?! Why did everyone let their guard down! !

Momo grabs Jihyo and the others strongly, Dahyun creates the wind cannon with force, the power of it it’s strong enough to send them up where Tzuyu and Nayeon are.

“TZUYU!! HANG IN THERE!! PLEASE!!” Nayeon’s pleading voice also mixed with desperate cries can be heard as soon as they touch the same floor as them.

Jihyo quickly gets off the water hand when Momo lets everyone go, she watches the scene with shock and fear as soon as she sees the ice hero’s extremely pale face… coughing blood…a purple and disgusting purple mark on her neck keeps growing, the look in her eyes looks tired…almost…

Lifeless…

Jihyo kneels as quickly as she can, opening the hero costume with force as she widens her eyes with horror when she sees Tzuyu’s body is completely red almost bloated.

The doctor takes one of her bottles with the antidote and a syringe fastly, sharp hands preparing the syringe and quickly injecting the antidote on Tzuyu, then she prepares the other syringe, and the other until she has injected Tzuyu four times, biting her lips with nervous, she needs to see if Tzuyu’s body is rejecting or accepting the antidote.

…Long seconds that feel like minutes pass as Jihyo, Momo, Dahyun, and Nayeon look at the hero with wide and desperate eyes, all of them holding their breaths, their hearts beating with fear…

….

The hero’s breath is still irregular a heavy until-

Until it starts to get calmer, her body also starts to return to normal, slowly but surely.

Jihyo, Nayeon, and the other two let out the breath they were holding, the doctor puts a hand on her chest and the other on her face as she exhales deeply. “…I was afraid her body would reject the antidote…thank god it didn’t…oh dear god…”

Nayeon can also finally breathe when she hears Jihyo’s words, she turns to look at Tzuyu with a look full of disbelief, the ice hero is still looking quite weak. “Is she…really going to be fine?”

“Yes, I only need to give her the last dose in the next ten minutes, the other four doses need to work with the harsh part.” Jihyo says as she starts using her quirk on Tzuyu to start healing her broken bones and muscles, Nayeon gentle hands putting Tzuyu on the ground make her look up to see the auburn-brown haired woman with a questioning look.

“That is planning to escape…if I don’t stop her now…this will never end.” Nayeon says with a serious and furious whisper, clenching her fists as she turns to meet Jihyo’s eyes with her pleading ones, even if they’re also burning with anger. “Can I…let her here with you? I don’t wanna leave her side but-“

“It’s okay, you have to go.” Jihyo is quick to stop Nayeon’s sentence surprising the woman when she sees Jihyo’s comforting smile. “Dahyun and I will protect everyone here, the other villains are completely defeated, and Dahyun also put them in restraining chains, even if they wake up, they will not be able to use their quirks….so… go, Tzuyu is safe with us.”

Nayeon turns to see Dahyun who also nods with determination and a reassuring smile, Nayeon answers with a small smile turning to see Tzuyu kneeling a bit to caress her beautiful face with such gentle hands, lowering her head to lay a loving and soft kiss on Tzuyu’s forehead, her lips remain there for a little bit until she separates, her voice sounds clear, like a promise.

“I’ll come back…wait for me.”

Jihyo and the others feel their hearts skipping a beat because of how loving and gentle Nayeon’s words and demeanor is, they almost feel like intruders in such an intimate moment.

Nayeon gets up again as she nods towards Jihyo and Dahyun. “Then, I’ll leave her under your care.” The auburn-brown haired woman turns and blinks with surprise when she sees her sister’s smile.

“You didn’t think you would go after her alone, right?” Momo says as she puts a hand on her hip, her stare turns serious for a moment. “It’s time for us to finish this.”

Nayeon widens her eyes a little bit before she sighs deeply, starting to walk towards her sister and also where Sunmi went, her voice determined and strong.

“Yes, it’s time to fight the nightmare.”

------------------------------------------------

Woaaaa, that really was a long one! :0 It has passed some time since I have made a long chapter like this one

Some parts where hard to write even if I already had them planned, ahhh TuT

This chapter was definitely, one of the chapters I wanted to write the most since I started this and aaah It’s so exciting to see it finally TuT

I hope this chapter wasn’t a harsh roller coaster of feels for some of you TuT

I also hope you liked this chapter even if it was long!

Please remember to eat and sleep well! I’ll see you later! C;