Outside the doors

Ignited Freedom

The next day is not such a fun day for neither Nayeon nor Momo, returning from the lair after a long session of training, Momo lays on her bed as soon as she finds it, her face collides with her pink duvet sensing Nayeon laying beside her.

“ training” Momo mumbles and even if her face is still on the duvet Nayeon can hear her clearly.

“I know.” Nayeon says as she passes a hand on Momo’s back sensing her sister's tense and tired muscles. “Training with aunt Sunmi is one of the tirest things.”

“She trains us worse than the marines.” Momo says with a sleepy voice. “I still don’t know why she’s so obsessed with training us…we’re strong enough.”

“There’s a lot of weird things, not only that.” Nayeon thinks as she looks aside for a moment with narrowed eyes. “She never tells us for what she really wants all the things she asks us to rob…but it is not like we can get an answer from her. She always gives us that empty and secretive smile… only that.” 

FLASHBACK.

“Good job, Nayeon, Momo.” Sunmi says with a smile as she receives the bag with a pleasant smile, but frowns annoyedly when she receives a message from Joy. “That team...again…”

Nayeon and Momo exchange looks not hearing the last sentence their aunt said, and Nayeon asks. “Is there...something wrong?” 

“No dear.” Sunmi quickly says with a half and false smile that always seems to convince the sisters. “Have you been taking the pills?” 

“As always.” Nayeon quickly confirms and Momo only nods quietly seeming absent.

“Excellent.” Sunmi says with an approving tone and turns around. “Keep taking them, you two have always suffered from headache and that is the only thing that can stop it.

“It also stops the voice from appearing for a while.” Momo thinks with suspicion but doesn’t utter a word only when she hears her aunt is starting to walk away she talks. “Aunt Sunmi.” 

Sunmi heels stop and she turns her head only. “Yes?” 

Maybe it’s because of her intimidating aura...that dark, strict and almost terrifying aura she has always had since she and her sister were kids, Momo feels unsure to ask.

But she does it nevertheless. 

“Why do you...need that substance?”

Everything turns deadly quiet and Nayeon looks at Momo with surprise because it's been a while since Momo asked something related to the robberies, and of course, her bravery to ask their aunt. 

“You know...I don’t like to repeat myself dear.” Sunmi says with a low but cold tone that makes the sister have chills, that only increase when she turns to see them with an icy smile. “I’ve told you...you will know when the time comes, it’s all for a good cause….remember that.” 

And with that Sunmi turns again, her heels resounding as Momo and Nayeon let out a big sigh of relief after the tension they felt.

But also, leaving Momo with an annoyed frown that Nayeon notices barely after her sister quickly turns around.

END OF THE FLASHBACK.

“I’m tired, Nayeon-unnie.” Momo’s voice stops Nayeon's thoughts, with a tone Nayeon cannot decipher entirely and puts a hand on Momo’s head carefully caressing the black locks. “Do you want a massage?” 

“No.” Momo says and lets out a tired sigh using her hands to- stand up a little and look at Nayeon with an angry gaze that takes Nayeon by surprise. “Yesterday she made us rob to another group of villains, this time a weird substance that only God knows for why is she going to use it”

“She told us this time is the final substance she needed and then she disappears! messaging us that she will go to make a deal with someone but doesn’t tell us about what the damn deal is.” Momo says with great annoyance and continues as she gets up from her bed and passes around her room with angry steps. “She always says the same ! that the things we rob are for a good and brilliant purpose, but when we ask, she avoids the question, telling us we will know when everything is ready.”

“I get that she took care of us since we were kids, kids that had nowhere to go and that’s why she is important for us enough to do what she asks but-“ Momo ruffles her hair and turns to look at Nayeon. “I’m tired of all of this, the whole villain , the robberies- every damn thing! I don’t want to do it anymore!”

“Momo you know we don’t do what we do only because she asks us.” Nayeon says as she raises her hands like she is trying to calm down Momo but what she said only makes Momo angrier.

“Do you like to rob then? Do you like to have your masked face in all the newspapers every damn time we do something? Do you like hearing the people screaming and crying when we do a robbery?” Momo says with an exasperated tone as she approaches Nayeon, anger flashing in her blue eyes. “Do you like being a villain?”

Nayeon looks at Momo with surprised eyes as she purses her lips not daring to answer neither of the questions Momo made with a “yes”

“That’s what I thought.” Momo says as she looks at Nayeon with a frown and sighs passing a hand on her face.

“Since when…did you start having these thoughts?” Nayeon asks as she looks up searching Momo’s eyes, but her sister keeps her hand on her face covering her blue eyes.

“Since I met Mina” Momo thinks and purses her lips but closes her eyes frowning when she also remembers about something. “But also because-“

“This might sound crazy.” Momo starts, her voice now is calm and careful. “But I hear a voice inside my head that sounds exactly like me, and that voice feels like it’s my conscience but at the same time…it doesn’t…feel like that.”

Nayeon opens her eyes wider than ever and even opens with great surprise and before she can say something, Momo speaks again as she looks at the window and for a moment, her tone sounds more serious, as if she was different. “I don’t know what the hell it is, but that voice’s words have made me think about everything we have been doing…why do we do something we don’t want to do?”

“And why can’t we have the guts to stop us and… her?”

Nayeon opens astonished eyes and frowns because she never heard that serious voice tone in her sister but also what Momo says makes her look down pursing her lips.

Shaking her head a little, the black-haired girl takes a couple of moments before speaking, now her voice sounds normal “You know it Nayeon-unnie.” Momo turns to look at her with troubled eyes. “What we do is wrong, and we’re not little kids anymore, we can choose what we want to do and believe.”

Nayeon remains silent and grabs the pink duvet under her hands, gripping it as she tries to process what Momo is saying.

Is not that Nayeon needs too much time thinking about what her sister said.

What she actually needs is to let her stubbornness and...fear aside and accept they think the same.

Nayeon doesn’t have time to answer Momo when they hear the door opening and Chaeyoung’s cheerful voice. “I’m home!!”

Both jump with surprise and exchange looks for a few moments until Nayeon closes her eyes and lets out a long sigh, Momo only looks aside before giving Nayeon a last look before she gets out of her room leaving Nayeon with a troubled mind.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The next day, Mina and Jeongyeon look at Sana with a slight frown, the three are currently having a midday snack.

“I’m telling you! She was with a pretty girl!” Sana says to them with an excited voice.

 “Are you sure?” Mina asks again not believing a cent of what Sana is saying. 

“I’m a hundred percent sure! Jihyo and I saw her!” Sana says as she puts some cereal in her bowl. “I didn’t see the girl’s face but her hair and eyes were really awesome, I must say, Tzuyu sure has great taste.” Sana wiggles her eyebrows to her friends and Jeongyeon raises an eyebrow.

“Please don’t tell me you followed them.” Jeongyeon says almost with a pleading tone only to sigh when she sees Sana’s mischievous face. “We only followed them to the restaurant, and the food was good, we should go there sometime!” 

“We?” Mina asks with a dumbfounded expression as she closes the fridge and turns to look at Sana. “Jihyo too?” 

“She can say no to this beautiful face.” Sana winks and makes Mina put a hand on her nose’s bridge. “So in short, Jihyo and you saw Tzuyu with a girl and followed them to the restaurant?” 

“It was only to the restaurant! I was curious okay? Tzuyu has been acting strange and since kids, she takes a while to tell us what happens.” Sana says with a pout and looks at her friends like a child who got caught red-handed. “Aren’t you curious too? Or even worried?” 

“Of course we are, but Tzuyu has to tell us by herself.” Mina says as she sees her smartwatch for a moment, frowning for a moment but then she looks up only to find Jeongyeon whispering to Sana. “Was she really pretty? How does she look like?” 

Mina looks at them with a deadpanned expression and sighs, shaking her head as she goes to the living room, but she cannot deny she’s curious about the mysterious girl and remembers about Tzuyu acting strange the past days.

Just like someone invoked her, Tzuyu sends a message trough the smartwatch that makes Sana and Jeongyeon exchange looks while Mina raises her eyebrow. 

“I will be home late maybe, remember to buy Chaeyoung something yummy and Mina-unnie please don’t be too rough with her.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu feels even with better humor than yesterday, her happy mood doesn’t go unnoticed by her assistant who has been looking at her with curiosity since Tzuyu is smiling more this day. 

“Jieun-unnie.” Tzuyu calls making the assistant look at her while she is sipping at her coffee. “Do you know about a drive-in cinema?” 

Jieun cannot mask her surprise when Tzuyu asks her but she tries to focus on the question. “I haven’t seen too much of them but how about Park Dong-ju’s drive-in cinema?”

Tzuyu puts a hand on her jaw as she narrows her eyes. “I think I’ve heard about it, have you ever gone there?” 

Jieun shakes her head. “I haven’t but I saw it’s quite popular these days.”

The tall girl hums and nods her head showing a kind smile to Jieun. “Thanks for the info, I will search more later.” Tzuyu takes her phone and types a message as she smiles making Jieun even more curious. 

“Is she going to have a date?” Jieun thinks. “I never heard news of relationships or dating scandals from her, only her teammates, but also not too many, just a few.”

Humming as she puts her phone in her pocket, Tzuyu looks at the window of her office with a smile and doesn’t even notice her assistant's curious eyes on her.

Jieun narrows her eyes even more and thinks. “Is she? Maybe-“

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another part of the city, Nayeon is currently on her bed looking at the wall as she is curled up inside her purple duvet. 

Momo and she are not the types to ignore each other after an argument but they haven’t really talked too much since yesterday’s argument, both girls seem to have too much in their minds and need some time to clear everything on their own.

Nayeon frowns as she grips the duvet, Momo only said to her what she really thinks but doesn’t want to accept. 

How could she? When she has been educated to be what she is since she can remember? When she heard their aunt explications and even saw examples that heroes are a burden to society, fake people who only care about fame and don’t give a damn about people? 

When she used to feel that despise to heroes but only keep decreasing as she grew older? 

When one girl appeared in her life and suddenly ended with that despise and uncertainty she had about heroes? How can someone flip everything and make her doubt about what she used to believe?

“Because that despise is not originally yours, and you knew it, that’s one of the reasons you left her enter in your life.” The inner voice speaks and makes Nayeon let out a long sigh. “Not you, too.”

“You only don’t like to listen to me because all I say is what you’re afraid to accept.” The voice says with a hard tone. “and you are even more scared because you don’t know what to do now that Momo is rebelling.” 

“IM NOT SCARED!” Nayeon says out loud as she sits up with a frown. “Momo wouldn’t have those ideas if she didn’t meet that chestnut!”

“That is not true, and again, you know it.” The voice pushes. “Momo has always been the one who holds back and seems to debate what to do, you know she mainly does this because she follows you and also because she cannot go against that maniac woman.”

“And you know why you two can’t go against her? Because you fear her, but you don’t even know why.” The voice says with a harsh whisper. “That empty smile and those cold hands, you two have never liked to be touched by them.

“SHUT UP!” Nayeon crouches and grabs her heard as she starts to feel a headache and closes her eyes, the voice only gets stronger. “She is important for us! That’s why we do what we do! She loved us when we were thrown away! How can we fear her?! She is almost like out mo-“ 

“SHE IS NOT THAT!!” The voice yells and then Nayeon’s headache gets stronger to the point she feels like her head is about to explode but then it stops at once. 

Breathing fastly and sweating Nayeon looks around, she can sense the voice is not around anymore and everything she hears is silence for a few moments.

Her phone vibrates and it makes her jump, she takes her phone with slow hands and reads the messages with a frown first but then the frowns disappear, and she cannot help but smile, her concerns now completely forgotten.

“Wanna hang out later?” 

“There’s a place that sounds interesting, I think you will like it.” 

“It seems like it’s a really cool place, they’ve jellies too.”

“We just hanged out two days ago.” Nayeon chuckles and bites her lower lip thinking that the last message was Tzuyu’s intent to convince her and she cannot help but smile however, she stays quiet and debates what should she answer.

After a few minutes, Nayeon shakes her head with and whispers. “I think I need fresh air.”

“What time?” 

“At 6:00 o’clock.” 

“Can I pick you up? The car will be really necessary this time.” 

“Sure, at the same place as always.” 

“Why is the car necessary though?”

“It’s confidential until you see it by yourself.” 

“ ‘Confidential’ pfft, just tell me what is it.”

“See you later c:”

Nayeon lets out a light laugh as she frowns with curiosity and only rolls her eyes with a smile, getting up from her bed and stretching her arms as she hums.

“Let’s enjoy the freedom first and the problems later.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu taps the steering wheel as she waits for Nayeon, she notices her hair is a little bit messy and tries to arrange it with a slight grimace, until she hears someone knocking the passenger window and she stops abruptly.

Opening the door, she opens her eyes with surprise when she smells a strawberry scent as soon as Nayeon enters, noticing the woman’s hair is slightly damp.

“It smells really good.” Tzuyu thinks and when Nayeon turns to look at her she smiles and Nayeon also answers with a smile. “Hey.” 

“Hi” Nayeon says as she leans on her seat and puts on the seat belt. “Where are we going?” 

“I wonder where.” Tzuyu says in a teasing tone as she starts the engine and chuckles when she notices Nayeon’s raised eyebrow from the corner of her left eye. 

“At least give me a hint?” Nayeon says as she approaches her hand to the stereo and Tzuyu narrows her eyes making Nayeon roll her eyes. “Can I put some music?” 

Tzuyu tries to mask her surprise when she hears Nayeon asking and bites her inner cheek only to let out a sigh along with her now, useless pride. “Sure, you can… connect your phone, if you want” 

Nayeon cannot help but smile when she sees Tzuyu’s defeated smile and also cannot help but feel pleased because the ice hero after weeks, finally lets her put music in her precious stereo. 

“If you wanna hear Twice, I have their music there.” Tzuyu says as she leans her head on her palm while she drives, silently giving Nayeon permission to see what she listens to besides Twice, her precious and almost secretive playlists. 

However, it surprises her that Nayeon doesn’t dig in her playlist and only searches in Spotify the music she wants to listen.

The hero cannot help but let out a smile as she focuses on the road, music filling the silent background along with Nayeon’s voice singing lowly the lyrics. 

Tzuyu’s smile only grows when she looks at her sideways and sees Nayeon smiling as she keeps singing.

“This is going to be a good day, too.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You weren’t joking when you said the car would be necessary.” Nayeon says as she looks around noticing a lot of parked cars as soon as they arrive at the place and Tzuyu drives to a tiny convenience store from there. 

“Yep.” Tzuyu answers briefly and as usual she and Nayeon are wearing caps and masks, lowering the car window a girl asks Tzuyu what is she going to buy and Tzuyu turns to look at Nayeon. “Do you want popcorns?” 

“Uh-huh.” Nayeon answers with a confused frown. “Caramel popcorns would be better.” 

Tzuyu nods and asks the girl for caramel popcorns and butter popcorns along with some snacks. “Something else?” the hero asks Nayeon. 

Nayeon eyes the tiny convenience store and nods. “A chocolate milkshake.” 

The ice hero smiles and after she handles Nayeon the food they ordered she pays and thanks the girl driving to the designed place they gave to her.

Nayeon looks around visibly confused and then opens her eyes with surprise when they are in front of an enormous display. “So these are the popular drive-in cinemas?” 

“Exactly.” Tzuyu says as she takes her popcorns and smoothie from Nayeon’s hands looking at the girl with a smile. “It looks cool, right?” 

Nayeon nods slowly still surprised but clearly in a good way, smiling as she looks at the display with attention. “Really cool.” 

Tzuyu looks at Nayeon with a soft smiling when she notices Nayeon’s excited features and snuggles in her seat, her smile never disappears even when the movie starts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“I didn’t understand a damn first until later and dear god, it was such a good movie.” Nayeon says as she keeps eating her remaining popcorns. “I wanted to see it since Chaeyoung recommend it to me, but holy .”

Tzuyu listens to Nayeon with attention and hears a slight sniff that makes turn her head fast only to sigh with relief when she notices Nayeon is not crying.

“I also didn’t understand a lot first, because of the flashbacks mixed with the present, along with the crazy stuff going in his mind, but in the end, everything made sense, even the title ‘eternal sunshine of a spotless mind’ .” Tzuyu says with an excited tone and takes a sip from her milkshake as Nayeon starts talking again.

“That! And it felt like a roller coaster of emotions, because the guy doesn’t really want to erase her from her mind as she did, and when he tries doing it, he succeeds but-” Nayeon stops with a surprised sigh. “But in the end, it all goes to waste because both remember again and maybe it’s because they were meant to be since the beginning? I mean they were such a good combo and it just blows my mind how even though at some point both had their memory erased but still got together, it’s just- wow.”

Looking at Nayeon with a soft smile as she speaks with an excited tone and smile, Tzuyu cannot let her out of her sight. 

It makes her happy to see Nayeon like this, she can even feel her heart beating with joy as she keeps hearing and seeing the auburn brown-haired girl.

Just then, Elkie’s words resound in her mind.

“That person must be anything but a villain.”

“And she was so correct” Tzuyu thinks as she keeps looking at Nayeon with soft eyes. “A villain cannot look like this, cannot express like this, cannot listen to me like she did yesterday without thinking to use it against me…” 

“She hides in that villain mask, acting cocky, stubborn and careful…but in reality, she’s just a curious, competitive and funny girl who likes jellies and singing…that sometimes, is somewhat kind and polite.” The hero thinks as her gaze softens when she looks at Nayeon’s excited features even clapping or moving her hands as she keeps speaking.

It’s the first time Tzuyu has seen her this excited…this authentic like she completely forgot about everything.

If anyone saw them right now, they wouldn’t believe they’re enemies, or… were? 

Because Tzuyu cannot see her as a villain anymore, not when she is seeing Nayeon’s wide and toothy smile still talking about the movie, now leaning against her seat, not when she sees Nayeon’s bright brownish-green eyes looking at her with joy.

“It’s my favorite movie now, Tzuyu, you really surprised me this time, it was so amazing really-“

Hearing Nayeon calling her name with that joyful tone makes her heart skip a beat, it doesn’t matter if the tone it’s because Nayeon it’s excited because of the movie, but she is sure about something.

She wanna hear Nayeon calling her name more than once with that sweet tone.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

They keep talking and laughing about the movie, neither of them wanting to stop their entertaining and gleeful conversation. 

Until Tzuyu notices the usual convenience store and when she parks, Nayeon’s voice stops making the hero turn to look at her. 

“We already are here.” Nayeon whispers as she looks from the window the convenience store. 

“Yeah…” Tzuyu says as she puts her hands on her lap, leaning against her seat. “Nay-“

“Can I stay here for a couple of minutes?” Nayeon says as she turns to look at her and Tzuyu blinks with surprise but feels her heart skip a beat again when she sees Nayeon’s calm orbs, not daring to refuse the girl. “Y-Yeah, sure.”

Nayeon only nods and grips her seatbelt with nervous fingers, feeling the moment she puts a foot on the street, her bubble will pop out like always. 

The more she hangs out with Tzuyu, the more she doesn’t like going back to her “job”

Remembering the argument she had with Momo... she cannot help but let out a long sigh, she completely forgot about it, closing her eyes for a moment she opens them again when Tzuyu speaks. 

“Hey, is everything okay?” Tzuyu asks with a careful but worried tone and Nayeon turns to look at her meeting the always calm and concerned greyish black orbs.

Maybe it’s because of the movie, or because the hero opened to her yesterday, but the auburn brown-haired woman wants to tell Tzuyu what’s in her mind, how she feels, and even more about her. 

“Today I’m being such a sensitive baby” Nayeon thinks and bites her inner cheek, she cannot comprehend how much has her relationship with Tzuyu changed, it surprises every time.

It surprises her, that the one she used to mistrust and be wary, is now one of the persons she trusts and feels incredibly comfortable with.

Funny how she was the one who put the wall between her and the hero, but now she wants to destroy it completely. 

“It’s just so insane, it has been a few weeks, how the hell is possible to feel like I wanna tell her everything about me?” Nayeon thinks and cannot help but smile a little bit when she looks at Tzuyu’s eyes again. “Now I even like looking at those unique and…beautiful eyes.”

Letting out a long sigh Nayeon sits comfortably in her seat thinking with a soft smile. “A wall between us now is completely useless, now that she has seen how I am…” 

“So she can see more of me, right?” 

“ it.” Nayeon whispers and takes a deep breath. “Do you still have free time?” 

“Yeah?” Tzuyu says with a concerned frown, when Nayeon remains silent and stays in her mind for a long time she cannot help but feel somewhat curious but worried sometimes. 

“I’ve made a decision.” Nayeon says with a calm voice and turns to look at Tzuyu with a soft almost defeated smile that makes Tzuyu raise her eyebrows. 

“I’m not going to share this with you because of yesterday.” Nayeon says with a low tone. “You’ve earned my trust surprisingly and…I’m going to open up…because now I know part of you and I don’t need more proof that you did all of this because you wanted to, because I can truly confirm it now.” 

“I want to tell you more about me.” Nayeon’s smile turns into a soft one that makes the hero heart beat fast. “I want you to know me better, Tzuyu”

Tzuyu swallows discreetly and cannot help but show a wide smile full of astonishment, her heart beating even faster as she nods excitedly making Nayeon open her eyes with surprise. “I gladly listen, even if you take all night, Nayeon.”

Nayeon is now the one who feels her heart skip a beat when she hears how Tzuyu gently says her name, thinking it sounds heavenly. 

Shaking her head at the thought a slight blush creeps on her cheeks and only bites her inner cheek thinking. “Focus on what you will say, not in her, for gods sakes.”

Taking another deep breath she finally focuses and looks at the road with thoughtful eyes. “I don’t have too many memories from my early childhood, but I clearly remember me and my two little sisters growing up with too many kids.”

“For a few months, we saw some of them going and others staying even more time, it was fun for my little sisters who barely knew a thing or why we were at that place, even the one who is only a year behind me, they used to think we were only visiting that place for a long time.” Nayeon keeps speaking and her tone sounds nostalgic but sad, making Tzuyu frown concerned. “But I knew why we were there.”

“I was nine, and Chaeyoung five, my other sister was eight…Since I was the older, the director of that place told me the truth.” Nayeon grips her seatbelt and Tzuyu can see her swallow. “Although he didn’t tell me why, because even he didn’t know…”

“He told me…he found us in front of the door…like sleeping dolls, no one was there, and no one went to search for us” Nayeon purses her lips as she looks aside. “I’ve always wondered why they got sick of us…why our parents left us there...”

Tzuyu opens her eyes wider than ever and cannot help but put a hand on , feeling a knot in , she cannot believe what she is hearing, how can someone do something that cruel?! To no other than their own kids?! How?!

“Chaeyoung and my other sister used to ask me sometimes where they were.” Nayeon says with a deeply sad voice as she swallows hard. “I couldn’t tell them our parents left us outside the orphanage’s doors like garbage.”

“So I always told them I didn’t know, but they would probably come back, that we were only there to play and just had to wait for them” Nayeon whispers and takes a deep breath. 

“Until someone came for us.” Nayeon lets out a soft but sad smile. “It wasn’t them, but it was the person who took care of us for a really long time, our mother’s sister.”

“She only told us our parents disappeared and practically abandoned us in the orphanage without letting anyone know.” Nayeon explains with a bitter tone as she grips her seatbelt.

“But…It has always been a weird story for us.” Nayeon says with a frown. “Did they really disappeared and throw away their children like that? Why did they do it? Are they even alive?” 

“Even our aunt doesn’t know entirely what happened, and even though we have tried to search them, there’s nothing about them…like they really disappeared from the face of the earth.” Nayeon looks down and stops griping her seatbelt. “I guess that’s one of the reasons I cannot hate them…since no one knows what the true story is.”

Nayeon keeps her eyes on her feet for a few moments and closes her eyes, sighing as she resumes and keeps talking about her past, Tzuyu’s eyes looking at her attentively and with full concern that makes her smile internally.

Tzuyu on her side, she wants to say something to Nayeon…anything but she cannot bring herself to open , what can she say to her?...

Tzuyu feels her heart aching with sorrow, not bearing with the idea of what Nayeon must have felt, how much must have hurt.

She can only admire in silence, how strong is the auburn brown-haired woman because her childhood wasn’t easy neither joyful like a normal one, and she had to take care of her little sisters with everything, she had to be the pillar. 

Tzuyu swallows hard as she feels her eyes get a little teary and grips her coat when she puts her hands on her lap, trying to remain strong for the older girl and hold back the urge to hug Nayeon as tight as she cans.

Nayeon notices this and smiles softly, thinking the hero is trying to be strong and she bites her inner cheek, her arms aching to wrap around the tall girl’s neck, wanting to hug her, wanting to make Tzuyu stop doing the sorrowful expression she is doing. 

And also, because she wants a hug too, she wants to bury her face in a shoulder and cry her eyes out because of the stress she has been feeling these past days.

But she holds back with pursed lips and only grips the seat as soon as she puts her hands on it, continuing to tell the hero her story.

“Later when we started growing up, I didn’t have…a good sight of heroes, we always encountered with pretentious heroes, the ones who only cared about fame, who only saved people because of reputation, the ones who made deals with villains.” Nayeon frowns with annoyance. “And even years later we kept finding more trash like that, and we naturally started to despise them.” 

“Although what our aunt used to say to us…her despise and hate for them only made it worse.” Nayeon narrows her eyes as she keeps talking, careful to not say too much about her aunt and not mention Momo also didn’t have a good sight of heroes. “And…because of a few circumstances, I started doing robberies with my partner, since teenagers, at first they were only little robberies until they changed to major robberies, it depended...”

“on what was or is demanded” Nayeon faintly whispers but Tzuyu hears it well and the hero cannot help but frown.

Then, the hero remembers the words a villain said to her about Nayeon.

“If only she wasn’t like a dog wagging her tail.”

“Does she work for someone then?... or a gang maybe…this is confusing.” The hero cannot help but keep frowning even more concerned and thoughtful, thinking. “So the bad image about heroes influenced greatly, that’s why she was so wary around me…and made her deviate from the path possibly…but even with that…she-“

“Recently.” Nayeon’s voice makes her look up and turn to see the auburn brown-haired girl. “I’ve been thinking why I keep doing it?

Narrowing her eyes, Nayeon cannot help but remember Momo’s words.

“Do you like to rob then? Do you like to have your masked face in all the newspapers every damn time we do something? Do you like hearing the people screaming and crying when we do a robbery?”

“Do you like to be a villain?”

Closing her eyes to dismiss Momo’s words and letting go of the seatbelt as she opens her eyes looking at her hands with a thoughtful frown.

“Maybe you already know this.” Tzuyu’s voice makes Nayeon look up to find Tzuyu’s honest and determined eyes, as if the hero confirmed something. 

“But you are not made to be a villain.” 

Tzuyu’s words make her open her eyes wide with astonishment, she even believes she didn’t hear correctly, but the hero speaks again.

Tzuyu frowns with determination. “When you saved the kid, the couple…those movements and your full of worry face, you-“ 

“You always let civilians escape before doing the robbery, never hurt someone, not a single hair of the civilians were damaged after one of your robberies, even when you or your partner destroyed the building, never took someone as a hostage.”

“A-and your whole vibe!” The hero continues as she raises her hands to explain with gestures. “Everything about you that I’ve met and seen, the way you look softly at Chaeyoung, the way you give money back even though I didn’t ask, the way you enjoy yourself and laugh out loud when we hang out, the way you protect your sisters”

“I don’t even know if I can explain myself correctly but you! just-“ Tzuyu says with an exasperated tone as she ruffles her hair. “Since the first time I met you I knew there was something off! You are so-“ 

Different from everything I saw and met!” The hero keeps talking fastly and turns to meet Nayeon’s dumbfounded eyes and slightly open mouth as she takes a deep breath pursing her lips for a moment.

“It’s just that!-…someone like you cannot have a single drop of malice, Nayeon…” Tzuyu whispers but Nayeon can hear her and feels the hero’s cold hands on hers making the auburn-brown haired girl jump slightly but only feel her heart beating faster. “And maybe I’m wrong but everything inside me tells me…you will never be a villain no matter how much you try to be.”

The auburn brown-haired girl keeps looking at the hero with confused and surprised eyes, asking silently with her eyes, how can the hero be so sure? So confident?

Nayeon opens her eyes wider, full of astonishment when she hears Tzuyu’s next words, looking at the determined greyish black orbs feeling how her heart beats faster as if it wants to leave her chest because of the excitement and turmoil of emotions and feelings.

“Because after meeting Im Nayeon, I cannot see why Wildfire-N exists.”

---------------------------------------------------

Hello! sorry for not updating last week, I'm still not used to this whole deal of online school but anywaay >.<

Now that Natzu knows more about each other, how are things going to change? hmmm

(PS: Nayeon's past almost had me tearing up but i guess is not a good idea to write sad pasts with sad music ToT)

I hope you liked this update! and I will see you soon, please eat well and wear your masks! Cx