Tensions and revelations

Ignited Freedom

Mina sighs as soon as she arrives home, thank god she has her own apartment or it would be really tense to be in the house right now.

There's so much information in her brain, it's almost 4 A.M. and she cannot still process everything.

Of course, she knew Tzuyu was hiding something, she even started to believe what Sana said, the pretty girl she mentioned when she and Jihyo saw them on a 'date'.

But she wouldn't have imagined that girl would be Im Nayeon, Chaeyoung's sister.

And the villain Wildlife-N.

Mina is curious how someone like Tzuyu would hang out and even fall for a villain.

As if she didn't fall for one.

The chestnut bites her lips, sighing. "I didn't know...and Tzuyu knew…"

She shakes her head frowning, she doesn't want to point fingers, the only thing she wants is to know why.

"There must be another reason that is not love…" Mina whispers as she looks at her phone debating if she should call Tzuyu.

After looking at her phone for long minutes the chestnut sighs, putting it on the table

"We probably need some time alone before someone speaks." Mina thinks as she rubs her face with tired hands, she is also worried about the young hero, Chaeyoung.

She can only imagine how Chaeyoung must feel right now, after being lied to for quite a time, by her sister and Tzuyu.

"I thought she was going to start a fight...no one would have blamed her." Mina whispers as she closes her eyes with worry, she needs to call the young hero later, who knows what she can do in such a state.

Mina takes her phone and she starts searching for Chaeyoung's number, her finger stops when she sees Momo's number and purses her lips with sadness.

She clearly hears what Nayeon said...Momo crying in her room for three days. It's such a devastating thought, despite her fresh anger she cannot help but worry about the blue-eyed girl.

Mina bites her lower lip, she wants to go and give Momo a hug more than anything, but she also wants to punch her pretty face.

"I hate you for making me feel this confused and angry." Mina whispers to herself, hiding her face in her arms, knowing damn right every inch of her loves Momo. 

Her thoughts about Momo are stopped when something starts to ring.

The sound of her phone ringtone makes her frown as she sits up, frowning even more when she sees an unknown number calling her.

Mina debates for a few moments until she finally decides to answer. 

"Hello?" 

"Hi…"

Mina opens her eyes wide when she recognizes the voice, she starts to grip her phone slightly hard. "Why are you-!?"

"Please Mina…I..we..need help.." 

Mina's anger quickly evaporates when she notices the shaky and irregular tone. "Momo what happened!? Why is your voice-"

"I'm gonna faint soon...I will explain...but please...help us…" Momo stops for a moment, taking a deep breath, her voice sounds even more tired "your team... every hero is in danger...you need to know her plan."

Mina frowns with great confusion and worry as she keeps listening, her worry only grows more when she hears Momo let out a painful whine. "Mina...I know I don't have the right to..ask you to help me...but please…"

Despite everything, she cannot let Momo like this, her head is yelling at her to hang up...but she decides to listen to her heart, the one telling her to go where Momo is and help her. 

"Don't you dare to hang up, stay wherever you are." Mina's voice sounds harsh but also mixed with worry, making Momo smile a little.

"I'll go for you"

-------------------------

"I need you to give me a good damn reason for making me come here when I barely slept Mina, I'm also ing mad with you and-" Jeongyeon says as she walks in the laboratory with her phone in hand, stoping the moment she sees almost everyone in the lab.

"What the happened now?" Jeongyeon asks when she sees Elkie, Rose, Jihyo, and Jisoo in one room of the lab checking on someone? Sana, Mina, Tzuyu, and Wendy who were looking at the computer turn to look at her.

"Mina's girlfriend and Kang Seulgi got beaten up, so our good friend Mina rescued them." Sana says with a mocking tone, raising an eyebrow when Mina looks at her frowning. "They also had a USB with them but it's taking some time to know what it has inside."

"Oh, so we're rescuing villains now? Is that why you all called me here?" Jeongyeon says with a sarcastic and dry tone, creating an even more tense atmosphere. 

"Jeongyeon is not the time, I know you are angry and you have all the right but-" Tzuyu speaks trying to relax everything, even when she is also quite stressed about the situation with her friends and the fact she doesn't know where the hell Nayeon is, the older girl didn’t answer her calls, and she cannot help but be beyond worried after seeing Momo’s injuries, she wants to go and search Nayeon but no one has a damn clue about where she is, and their only hope is Momo.

"Don't try to calm me down Tzuyu, among all the people here, you are not the one to talk" Jeongyeon turns to see the ice hero with cold anger.

Tzuyu opens but closes it immediately, nodding as she bites her lip with a sad and frustrated face, she wants to answer back but she cannot let her stress control her.

"So what crime did Mina's girlfriend do to end up like that?" Jeongyeon asks with a raised brow when she sees Momo with some bandages, looking like someone beat her quite badly. 

"She didn't do any crime" Mina's voice sounds harsher than she intended to, making Jeongyeon turn to see her with a scowl. 

"Watch your tone." Jeongyeon warns with a cold voice. 

"Watch yours too, you're only making a scene, this is important, let the anger aside for a damn moment" Sana warns with an irritated frown.

"How can you be so calm about this?!" Jeongyeon raises her voice as she points at Tzuyu making everyone, even Jihyo, Rose and the other ones around. "This one lied to us for almost two months! About the identity of Wildfire-N and FOR WHAT? To be all giggly and lovey-dovey around her while she was robbing banks?!"

Jeonfyeon says turning to point at Mina "And THIS ONE was dating a villain and she also didn't tell us any-"

"I was going to tell you! I only knew about it when I fought against her that night!!" Mina unexpectedly raises her voice, everyone opens their eyes with surprise. 

"WHY didn't you tell us before?!" Sana who also was holding back, fires back, putting her hands harshly on the table separating them.

"Because she was hurt! CAN'T YOU PLEASE THINK OF HER FEELINGS!?" Tzuyu, who also was holding back her anger and pain, raises her voice.

"NOW YOU THINK OF EVERYONE'S FEELINGS?!" Sana turns to see Tzuyu with angered disbelief. 

"ALL OF YOU SHUT THE UP!!" Wendy's voice is loud and strong as she turns to look at the surprised hero team, Wendy yelling is something they don't hear often and especially not to them.

"I'll give you… 2 mothering hours to talk everything you need to talk about before the file ends downloading...and I don't want to hear your damn screams again, you are all old enough to have a decent and mature talk about your problems" Wendy's tone is filled with cold anger as she flashes them with an intimidating look. "Are we clear..?"

"Yes ma'am.." No one in the team dares to look at the tiny scientific girl, despite her size she sure knows how to put the hero team in their place.

"Now, get out of my ing lab and don't come back here until I tell you." Wendy says as she gives them another intimidating look before turning to see the computer again.

The team nods in silence, they walk towards the door, the moment Sana opens the door she feels someone's face crashing on her chest by accident.

"Chaeyoung! Are you okay?" Sana asks with worry as she sees Chaeyoung rubbing her nose with eyes closed. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry I came running here because Mina-unnie called me! Chaeyoung's voice sounds alarmed as she looks up. "What happened to Momo-unnie?!"

"She and Kang Seulgi fought against some people but we don't know much, your sister fainted a few moments later after I arrived at where she was." Mina explains calmly as she sees Chaeyoung's deeply worried frown, making Mina smile a little bit, despite the shocking truth revealed not so long ago, Chaeyoung still came to see how her sister is.

"Is she okay? Can I see her?" Chaeyoung asks with urgency as she sees the door, nothing else matters for her now if it's not about her sister. 

"Yes, she has some deep wounds but fortunately they're not so bad, Jihyo along with our friends are checking on her." Mina's voice sounds gentle and relieved as she explains briefly about Momo's condition, opening the door and signaling Chaeyoung to enter with her hand. 

Chaeyoung doesn't think twice, she sprints fast to where her sister is, not even bothering to look at the rest of the team.

Mina lets out a small chuckle as she closes the door, turning to meet Sana and Jeongyeon raised eyebrows and Tzuyu's small smile. "What?" 

"You...really like that Momo girl, don't you?" Sana asks with a small but audible voice. 

Mina widens her eyes as she quickly looks aside, she can't stop the blush creeping on her cheeks along with a frown. "....I do...but I wish I didn't."

"Why?" Tzuyu asks softly, making the other three turn to look at her. 

"Because she is…" Mina purses her lips as she frowns with hurt. "A liar...she lied to me about her identity...and I cannot like a villain, we are not on the same side."

"And what if she changed?" Tzuyu's simple question makes Jeongyeon frown.

"Villains will always be villains, Tzuyu, no matter what" Jeonfyeon's voice is serious but calm.

"If they're villains from heart." Tzuyu's voice is also calm but strong as she looks at her three friends who are looking at her with deep confusion. "But I don't think they are like that."

"How can you be so sure about it?" Mina asks with a confused and worried frown. 

"Because Nayeon had the opportunity to kill me and she didn't." 

Tzuyu's confession makes the three friends open their eyes wider than ever, shock washing over their faces.

Before they start questioning her, Tzuyu starts to talk again. "That time I fought against Jessica, I was sure my suit was the one who basically saved my life by regulating my temperature before my organs started to freeze."

"But after Wendy asked me if nothing else helped me, it made me think and try to remember." Tzuyu cannot help but show a sad half-smile when she remembers Nayeon crying face as she looked at her with pain and guilt. "I saw Nayeon a day before the subway incident...she told me to keep a look on the team"

Tzuyu takes a deep breath before she continues. "At first I thought it was because we're obviously not liked in the villain community but, I was wrong"

"I escaped for a few hours when I saw the news about a woman who saved some kids from a villain, one of the kids gave the description and I had the hunch that it was Nayeon who did it." Tzuyu cannot help but smile for a few moments before the smile disappears. "Nayeon seemed too tired those days...and even one of the interviewed kids mentioned she was tired, so I went to search her."

"When I found her, at first she didn't want my help, I thought she was being stubborn as she always is." Tzuyu chuckles softly until she smiles sadly. "But she started to tell me everything...she told me she had the order to kill me if Jessica couldn't."

"I cannot hurt you... not anymore..."

Tzuyu cannot help but feel her heart skip a beat when she remembers Nayeon's words that day, the ice hero sighs deeply. 

"If Nayeon was a true villain, she would have killed me without doubt." Tzuyu says with a calm tone. "And she would have agreed to what I proposed only to create an opportunity to hurt me after she gained my trust."

Her three friends who are looking at her with a shocked expression mix with a little bit of confusion when Tzuyu mentions the agreement but none of them can really speak right now.

Tzuyu notices this and takes a deep breath, explaining everything. "The first time we fought… a child appeared in the scene and she saved them...she was holding the child as if her life depended on it...I was so shocked, it was the first time I saw a villain do such a thing, I was even more surprised when her mask broke... I saw those beautiful and shocked brownish-green eyes."

"I wanted to know why she did it, why she also choose to don’t take people hostage...I was planning to ask her the next time we fought.” Tzuyu continues. “But we met again when I met chaeyoung for the first time.”

Maybe destiny played us hard with that one, I wasn’t expecting to meet her in that situation.”Tzuyu lets out a silent chuckle. “She was very cautious, she didn’t want me to know what was her relationship with Chaeyoung, if Taeyeon-unnie didn’t tell us about Chaeyoung’s guardian, I wouldn’t have known she was her older sister.”

“When I met them the day we chose Chaeyoung, she clearly wasn’t happy when Chaeyoung invited me to eat with them” Tzuyu cannot help but chuckle when she remembers how Nayeon burned her chopsticks, but turns serious again. “As a side note..despite knowing about Nayeon, I want you to know I didn’t choose her because of her relationship with Nayeon, I choose her because of that strong spirit and determination I saw in her eyes.”  

Tzuyu looks at her friends who are looking at her with suspicious eyes after what she said about Chaeyoung, they probably have their doubts about what she said, not that she really blames them, with a long sigh she continues her explanation “That night, I told her to answer my questions as Chou Tzuyu not as the ice maiden, and I don’t really know what drove me to make such a proposal with her... a villain...with the enemy...maybe I was putting much trust in a silly hunch…”

I wanted to know the truth behind that mask...I wanted to know if my hunch about her being different was right..” Tzuyu takes a deep breath. “That’s why I didn’t give up, and when I saw her one night, I asked her to trust me as Chou Tzuyu, like a fresh start, as if we were just normal civilians..” 

"I won't lie, I wasn't sure how this was going to end." Tzuyu reveals with a half-smile. "At first she was bitter and grumpy, but...she surprised me when she started to try." 

“She started opening up and grew more comfortable with me, she even shared her past with me.” Tzuyu puts a hand on her heart. remembering the smiles, laughs, sad and sweet times she had with Nayeon. at some point I forgot she was a villain... because after meeting Im Nayeon...I don’t know why Wildfire-N exists.

Tzuyu turns to look at her friends with an honest and soft look. “I know I should’ve told you since the beginning and that was a huge mistake, there’s no excuse for it, even with that... I wanted you to know everything…” 

“It may take years for me to earn your confidence back, but I will try and I promise you here and now, that I will never keep secrets like this one again.” Tzuyu’s voice sounds strong and soft, pure honesty can be sensed through her words. “From the bottom of my heart, I’m deeply sorry, I hope someday you can forgive me.”

Sana, Mina, and Jeongyeon are beyond speechless, they didn’t expect to hear what they heard or those shiny and soft eyes Tzuyu made when she spoke about Nayeon.

Everything is shocking for them and they cannot forgive Tzuyu right now since they still feel a little betrayed, they cannot help but feel a great curiosity about Im Nayeon.

Because they want to see what Tzuyu saw to forget about her villain identity, and also...they’re deeply curious about the girl who made Chou Tzuyu fall in love.

Tzuyu has had some girlfriends but they know it’s not easy to make the ice hero fall in love, especially with her hero job and the company, Tzuyu didn’t seem so interested in love.

The three girls exchange looks, they’re obviously thinking the same but they decide to let aside the thoughts about Im Nayeon for a moment and approach the tall girl.

All of them give Tzuyu a hard smack on her forehead making Tzuyu let out a pained yelp as she holds her forehead with closed eyes until she opens them when she feels a few pats on her head.

“You will have to work hard for our confidence again, Chou, even harder than our training” Jeongyeon says with a scolding tone that Sana also has. “You have to pay for the damages in our hearts, and let me tell you, they’re quite expensive.

“To be honest, I’m still quite mad but after listening to your explanation about Im Nayeon...I feel a little bit calm.” Sana confesses with a soft tone. “We would have supported you since the beginning, but you silly ice head always do things alone, and sometimes it’s okay to ask for help or support you know? That’s what friends are for.

“We have told you since we were kids, we are going to be there for you no matter what, support you with anything, even if that meant to support your hunch about a villain” Mina’s voice is gentle. “We wouldn’t have left you alone.

“That’s why we were really hurt about you hiding everything related to Im Nayeon’s identity, we are used to giving you space whenever you have to deal with something alone and wait for you to tell us what it’s bothering you...but we and I speak for Sana and Mina who agree with me.” Jeongyeon’s tone sounds sad but soft. “We would have really appreciated it if you told us from the start, because you’re not alone Tzuyu, you can rely on us, now and always.

Tzuyu cannot help but feel astonished by her friend’s response, even when she expected it since her friends have always been so gentle and soft-hearted with her, she kinda also expected them to beat the out of her.

The ice hero lets out a sad smile, her eyes let out silent tears as she feels she doesn’t deserve her friends but she also feels beyond blessed to have such amazing friends who are giving her another opportunity.

“Thanks…” Tzuyu says between sobs as she cries softly, feeling her friends hugging her with gentle arms, the ice hero crumbles in her friends’ arms, answering the hug with eagerness. “Thank you...really…”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung closes the door behind her, feeling quite overwhelmed about everything she heard.

The young hero didn’t intend to listen to part of the conversation between Tzuyu and the girls, but when she got out of the laboratory because she wanted some fresh air, she couldn’t help but listen to Tzuyu explaining why she hid her sister’s identity.

Chaeyoung purses her lips, she still feels angry with her sister and Tzuyu but after listening to what Tzuyu said her anger decreased, however, she cannot help but wonder, why her sister who isn’t naturally bad, why her sister, the one she loves and admires a lot is a villain?

Why, her other sister Momo, who she also loves and admires...who she believed cannot hurt a fly is also a villain?

Her two sisters are strong, even more than her, Chaeyoung always believed it was something genetic, but now she is not sure about it

“They got their quirks when they were less than ten years old, and I got my quirks when I was fourteen...but when they had my age they were already strong, in highschool quirk tests they were always the first ones, I was always amazed and I wanted to be as strong as them..but why they were so strong?” Chaeyoung thinks with a frown, biting her lips.

Why did they hide everything? Why are they villains even though they’re not bad? Since when? What’s their purpose? Why do they need everything they robbed?

Chaeyoung turns to see Wendy working nonstop on her computer, the files are almost downloaded, the young hero wonders what is inside those files? Because they weren’t easy to download.

The blue-eyed girl purses her lips with curiosity, it is also quite rare all of this is happening today, because today it’s also the hero event where heroes from around the world come to Seul, it’s like an important convention where heroes debut or you can see some of the most powerful ones, no hero would miss this yearly event…

“Some villains have tried to attack heroes in that event but they always fail...so there should be nothing to worry about right?” Chaeyoung thinks as she taps her fingers on her leg, trying to erase the anxious hunch devouring her chest.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Wendy's computer makes a sound, signaling the download is finally complete, the team enters just at the right moment, everyone except Chaeyoung who is still checking on Momo, approaches to see the information Seulgi and Momo wanted to show them with great urgency.

Wendy starts to open the carpets, information about Tzuyu's team, robberies, Jessica and Irene's gang quirks, weakness.

The tiny girl frowns when she notices a hidden carpet, opening it, revealing a video file, along with pictures and a document.

"This must be what Momo and Kang Seulgi wanted us to see" Mina whispers but everyone can hear her because of the great silence in the lab, Wendy opens the document and the video first, not liking the shiver and bad feeling she has about the video, as if she was opening something scary.

Just as Wendy expected, the video is completely horrifying, the screams and graphic image of a hero writhing with desperation in a pool of blood, his skin starts to melt and his scream only gets worse, until he stops screaming, dying because of the huge pain he must've felt.

Everyone is beyond shocked, looking at the computer with horror even Chaeyoung who heard the screams opened the room's door fast with great worry, she doesn't even notice Momo moved a little bit, Chaeyoung looks around only to find her unnies trembling, Sana crouches with shaking legs and Jeongyeon turns around covering her face with an irregular breath.

Jisoo, Rose, and Jihyo are also covering their eyes with trembling hands, as if they saw something worse than a ghost.

Tzuyu, Wendy, Mina, and Elkie are petrified, shock and horror took over them and they cannot tear the eyes from the computer.

Until Wendy does and closes the video before it repeats with shaking hands, her voice also trembles. "Whoever is planning to do this...is not a villain...is a monster…"

"Such cruelty…just how big their hate for us is?..." Sana says with a low voice "Why...why hurt innocent lives?..."

Tzuyu grits her teeth as she finally snaps from the shock, anger bubbling in her chest because of the suffering of someone’s innocent life.  "...The monster who did this is going to pay for it... until the last of its days."

Jeongyeon who is slowly coming to her senses turns to see Wendy who is opening the document. "Do we have any clue of who is behind...this?"

"No...the one who created all these files didn't let a single clue behind, but I will keep searching." Wendy says as she grits her teeth because the document doesn't want to open.

The team let out long sighs as everyone starts to think, who is the one behind that terrifying murder? And what's going to be their next move?...

Long moments of silence pass, Tzuyu keeps tapping the table trying to find a clue or something she is missing, until Chaeyoung's loud voice makes the team and Wendy turn around, finding Chaeyoung struggling along with Jihyo who is trying to stop Momo from getting out of the room. "Momo-unnie! STOP! YOU STILL NEED TO REST!"

"I DON'T NEED REST! I NEED TO FIND NAYE-" Momo starts coughing making Chaeyoung even more worried, Mina who is looking from afar approaches fast, feeling relieved and worried. "Momo! Listen to Chaeyoung and Jihyo, you were badly injured and-" 

Momo breathes heavily even with Jihyo, Rose and Jisoo's help her injuries still hurt, she shakes her head with desperation, Chaeyoung barely manages to hold her waist before she falls. "Listen to what we're telling you!! Is not the time to be stubborn!"

"...Nayeon-unnie...we have to…" Momo takes a deep breath before she continues and starts speaking normally again despite the pain. "We have to go for unnie before it's too late!"

"Too late? What are you talking about?!" Chaeyoung asks with great confusion, feeling frustrated because her sister is not being clear. 

"BECAUSE SUNMI HAS HER!!" Momo unexpectedly raises her voice making Chaeyoung jump with surprise along with the others, the team opens their eyes wide with shock after they hear the name Momo mentioned. "SHE IS GOING TO HURT OUR SISTER! CHAEYOUNG YOU DON'T KNOW-"

"OF COURSE I DON'T KNOW! YOU TWO ARE ALWAYS HIDING THINGS FROM ME! EVEN YOUR VILLAIN IDENTITIES! HOW THE DO YOU EXPECT ME TO KNOW!?" Chaeyoung also raises her voice, taking Momo by surprise, shock after she hears what the younger girl said "AND WHAT NONSENSE ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT!? WHY WOULD AUNT SUNMI HURT OUR SISTER?!"

Chaeyoung breathes heavily after raising her voice noticing her sister's shocked eyes but she also sees how Momo's eyes change to look at her with nervousness and discomfort, as if her sister has something to say, but she doesn't know how.

“...How did you know?” It’s the first thing that comes out from Momo’s mouth, her blue eyes drowning in nervously.

“Nayeon-unnie told me yesterday’s night, she took down a villain that was attacking the city.” Chaeyoung briefly explains with a low voice, frowning with anger as she looks up, her sharp blue eyes collide with Momo’s astonished ones, the older girl tries to open but Chaeyoung raises her hand signaling Momo to shut up. “...I don’t know how to feel about you two...but it’s not the time for this, I wanna know where our older sister is and if she is safe.”

Momo blinks with surprise as she lets out a tiny smile that makes Chaeyoung look aside, even if she is clearly and rightfully mad at them, she is still worried, the thought makes Momo’s heart warm up.

But just as Chaeyoung said, now it’s not the time for that, they will deal with these feelings later.

Momo looks at her sister’s eyes, waiting, worried, and eager for answers.

Momo knows almost all the answers to her questions, however…

“How is Chaeyoung going to take it now that I remember everything?”

The thought makes Momo feel sick in the stomach, maybe because she hoped Nayeon would be here with her to tell Chaeyoung everything, she cannot help but feel a huge weight on her shoulders, a weight it may have felt less heavy if Nayeon was here…

“But she is not here.” Momo thinks, she purses her lips as she closes her eyes for a moment, before she finally looks at her sister with serious eyes. “Even with that, Chaeyoung needs to know.”

Momo turns to see Wendy’s computer, the girl is looking at them from time to time, seeming to have problems opening the document, which gives Momo some time to explain the truth...and even think about a plan to rescue her sister, who she is sure is under Sunmi’s claws right now.

“Chaeyoung.” Momo calls with a serious voice making her sister look at her attentively. “What I’m about to tell you, it might be a lot, and...even if I don’t have the right to ask you this...please trust everything I tell you.”

Chaeyoung looks at her sister’s serious and honest eyes, she knows that look, and even if part of her doesn’t believe in her sisters anymore...the other part is telling her Momo is being honest right now.

With a deep breath and a little ruff in her hair, Chaeyoung nods meeting her sister’s eyes with a sharp look. “I will

Momo lets out a tiny smile but she quickly recovers her posture, sighing softly.

“This happened fourteen years ago...Sunmi came to visit us...she started talking about our grandparents and then she asked our mother if we were powerful...I didn’t understand anything they were talking about.” Momo takes a deep breath as she purses her lips in a straight line. “...until now"

FLASHBACK

“It runs in the family, you know?...being powerful and gifted, I thought you were already training them just like the old hags did with us.” Sunmi looks at her fuming sister with a smirk. “But you really can’t...can you? with your torn fire quirk.”

“If you came here to split your hate for our parents, go.” The woman gets up harshly making Nayeon and Momo jump because of the sound.

“I don’t intend to do the same thing they did to us, they will choose their own path.” Momo and Nayeon hear their mother’s imponent and strong tone. “and I will be with them.”

“You sound too confident, but I think you won’t be with them...you may repeat what they did to us…” Sunmi keeps smirking and she only laughs when her sister grabs her by her collar, making the two children gasp, when they see their mother’s hand grabbing Sunmi’s shirt tightly, steam coming from it.

“I really have tried to understand you...all this time... but you have always been like this! pressing people’s buttons as if you were begging to get beaten” The woman says with an angry tone. “I know we’ve never been close...but don’t you dare come to my house only to split your venom.”

Sunmi grits her teeth as she grabs her sister’s hands hardly, almost digging her sharp nails on them “You were always the favorite one...how can you even try to understand me? YOU NEVER SUFFERED AS I DID!”

In a fast move Sunmi throws their mother with great force, crashing against the stairs where Momo and Nayeon where watching, making the kids let out a surprised and worried scream, their mother reacts fast avoiding Sunmi’s punches and kicks, managing to kick her sister’s face hard enough, sending Sunmi to the ground, giving their mother a few seconds to speak to them.

“TAKE CHAEYOUNG AND HIDE IN MY ROOM! CALL THE PO-” Before their mother can end her sentence, Sunmi’s punch collides in her jaw, making her cough blood.

Their mother grabs Sunmi’s hands when she is trying to punch her again, as a way to gain time, she turns to look at Nayeon and Momo who are frozen in their spots but the moments her eyes connect with her children’s scared ones it makes them react. “RUN! NOW!”

Despite their young age, both children find the courage to run towards their room with clumsy and hurried steps, Nayeon closes the door behind her as Momo approaches Chaeyoung who seems pretty bewildered as she rubs her tired eyes since she was sleeping. “Why is Mommy shouting?”

Nayeon grabs Momo and Chaeyoung once she finds the phone, hurriedly hiding with her sister in the closet, all of them squished between clothes and fear as she taps the emergency number with nervous fingers.

The door being thunderously broken makes the three kids gasp with fear, there's the sound of two people fighting as if they were wild animals, Nayeon lets go of the phone, losing it in all the clothes which make the two older kids more anxious.

Chaeyoung looks at them with scared, overwhelmed, and glassy eyes, the youngest doesn’t understand what is happening, the two older squish her against them in a protective manner, their hearts racing so fast they fear their hearts may get out of their chests as they hear the fight stops...and then steps start to roam around the room.

Until they stop just in front of the closet.

Nayeon stands before her sisters with bravery even if she is trembling, Momo gulps hard when the steps stop in front of them, she holds Chaeyoung closer to her, and the younger hides in her chest.

The closet opens harshly and Nayeon acts fast punching the person with her small fist covered in fire collides with someone’s hand, Nayeon raises her head as she meets the furious cold green eyes making her feel chills down her spine.

Nayeon feels the woman’s hands grabbing her cheeks forcefully, lifting her without problem even if she is trying to kick her.

“You are brave....but just as stupid as your mother.” Sunmi says with a low but angered tone, anger that only increases when a water whip slaps her face.

Nayeon opens her eyes wide, her kicks stop, and Sunmi remains silent for a few minutes until she slowly turns to see Momo who used her quirk in a fearless way to try to defend her sister.

Momo’s face turns pale when she sees Sunmi’s coldest look piercing her soul with her silent fury, a wicked big smile starts to form in the older woman’s face.

“...I see...I will start with you.”

Sunmi’s voice sounds deadly threatening despite her low tone, Momo barely has time to blink before she feels the woman’s sharp nails digging in her stomach, the pain is so much she can’t even make a sound.

“MOMO!!!” Nayeon shouts with hurt and anger as tears fall down her cheeks. She desperately tries to get off Sunmi’s hold, kicking and shouting with all her might.

Chaeyoung also lets out a shocked scream filled with fear and hurt after she sees her sister being attacked, Momo grabs Sunmi’s arm with shaking arms, her vision starts to feel blurry, her sister’s screams are heard so far away...

Momo turns to look around finding her mother on the ground...Momo then feels her legs shaky until she falls on the ground, she can still hear screams, and even if she tries to move, she can’t.

She feels her eyes heavier than ever, finally succumbing to whatever thing that is making her feel as if everything is turning off.

Giving a last look to the blurry images of her sisters, Momo finally closes her eyes.

And that’s when the nightmare starts.

END OF THE FLASHBACK

---------------------------

“After I lost consciousness I woke up beside my sisters in front of the orphanage door, I couldn’t remember anything...just a blurry image about our mother that with time...it got impossible to remember…” Momo says with a low and sad voice. “For years I...thought she abandoned us, I believed what Sunmi told us, and later we tried to search for them...we found nothing and I-I lost hope.”

“But it was all a lie…she played with us...with our memories.”Momo whispers with anger and hurt, her voice sounds broken as she looks up to meet Chaeyoung shocked and speechless blue eyes, the young hero shakes her head as she approaches her sister.

Chaeyoung runs a hand through her face, everything is too much, the information is hitting her like a truck, she closes her eyes for a few seconds trying to remain calm even if she is far from being calm, because, after everything Momo told her she still cannot remember anything, her memories start from the moment she woke up in the orphanage.

“Is that why I cannot remember anything before the orphanage...?” Chaeyoung asks with a broken whisper, looking at her sister with a lost look, grabbing her head with trembling hands “Did she do something to me too?..but why...why would she hurt our mother?! to us?! S-she took care of us! WHY-”

Momo envelops Chaeyoung in a hug, successfully stopping the girl before she loses herself, Momo purses her lips with great sadness when she looks at Chaeyoung’s trembling figure, everything is starting to make sense to the little girl, the pieces are falling to their place and Chaeyoung doesn’t know how to feel about it.

Their aunt didn’t have a single picture of her sister, always telling them she didn’t know the true story behind their parents’ demise…

And things only get worse for Chaeyoung when her sister starts speaking again.

“Because she is a villain, Chaeyoung, one of the most searched.”

Chaeyoung opens her eyes wide again as she looks up, meeting Momo’s serious and sad orbs. Momo hates this, she doesn’t want to continue talking, not after seeing how it is affecting Chaeyoung.

But her sister has to know everything.

“She trained us to be villains too...she made us believe we hated heroes...and for a long time we believed we did.” Momo whispers with a low tone that changes to a strong one. “But we were wrong, we never hated heroes.”

“She wanted us to be like her, but it was not so...and she wasn’t happy about it.” Momo takes a deep breath as she gently caresses her sister’s cheek.

“That’s why...even if it’s too much, Chaeyoung.” Momo calls with a soft voice looking at her sister with sad and pleading eyes. “I don’t know what she did to us fourteen years ago...I have so many questions now that I remember everything...but please stay with me, help me to unravel why she did all of this...help me to find our sister.”

Chaeyoung looks at her sister’s sad eyes, begging her to give her an opportunity to believe her.

Chaeyoung feels so confused, so lost, as if she had nowhere to go.

Everything is messy, everything is complicated.

But just like Momo, she also has many questions, and even if all of this is still beyond confusing for her, she can’t stay idly by and just let her emotions overwhelm her.

Even if she badly wants to run away like she did yesterday and believe everything is a bad dream.

She knows her sisters need her, now more than ever….no matter what they did, her villain identities, she still considers them family...and that is something that is not going to change.

All of them want the truth, so she will search for it with them.

So Chaeyoung grabs Momo’s hand, surprising the older girl when she finds Chaeyoung’s determined and sharp eyes. “We will get to the bottom of this, together.”

Momo feels her lips trembling when she looks at Chaeyoung’s strong eyes, she cannot help but hug her sister tightly, for now, she decides to hold back her tears but she cannot help to think. “What did we do to deserve such a good sister? Nayeon-unnie…”

Chaeyoung answers the hug gently, patting her older sister’s back, closing her eyes for a few moments before someone coughing makes them separate, turning to see Tzuyu who has some questions for Momo after hearing the story about her past.

“I’m sorry for ruining your sister's moment but I have a question for Momo.” Tzuyu approaches, the sisters turn to look at her with confused looks. “Do you know what Lee Sunmi did to you? Did she do the same with Nayeon and Chaeyoung?”

“I am afraid I do not know entirely…” Momo lets out a big sigh. “Nayeon-unnie and I wanted to get to the truth behind our memories and the voices after discovering her plan...” Momo explains as she turns to look at everyone who is looking at her with suspicion and confusion, not that she blames them, the whole thing is also very confusing for her, so she starts explaining again. “She has two quirks, one is poison and the other one she never told us what it is... she was always secretive about it as if she was afraid we would discover something.”

Momo puts a hand on her jaw, trying to think of something useful, finally remembering something as she snaps her fingers, taking a deep breath. “You are going to believe I’m crazy-”

“I already believe it, go on.” Jeongyeon cannot help but answer with a confused and small smile, ignoring Mina’s small glare.

“Okay.” Momo says as she looks at the team and people in the lab who are looking at her with interested and confused eyes, the girl lets out a sigh. “Nayeon-unnie and I used to hear a voice, it sounded just like us and while we were under whatever Sunmi did to us, the voice talked as if it knew a bit about us and even some memories, the voice was always wary about Sunmi.”

Momo frowns for a moment as she rubs her eyes trying to remember something more…

Then, she remembers something that might help, she snaps her fingers at the thought. “Every time that voice talked for a long time it gave us a big headache, and we would take some pills Sunmi gave us after we told her we had some headaches.”

“Pills?”

Mina and Wendy ask at the same time with wide eyes, making everyone turn to look at her, Wendy doesn’t waste time as she goes to search something.

“The night I discovered you, you left a bottle with pills, are those the ones you are talking about?” Mina asks Momo to approach her with surprised eyes, Momo blinks a few times before she nods with confusion.

“And every time that voice talked to you for a long time, the headache started?” Mina asks as she keeps looking at Momo who nods again. “Why do you ask…?”

Wendy puts the bottle of pills in front of them, her next words leave the team and the girls even more surprised, and not to mention, beyond confused.

“Because the pills are the ones curing and giving her headache”

----------------------------------------------

Helloo, I’m deeply sorry for disappearing again >.< I had some problems with my back because of an injury I had some time ago, buut I’m fine now C: I got the chance to write this week and took it!

I hope you liked the double update, and even if everything is quite confusing in the next chapter everything will be finally clear! I also hope you don’t mind that the chapters are a bit longer than usual.

Please remember to drink water, eat whatever you want and get enough sleep!

I will try to update next week, see you later C; thank you for the comments as always.