Everything but okay.

Ignited Freedom

“She broke his jaw?!” Jeongyeon and Sana ask with shocked eyes as soon as they encounter with Mina at home.

“She was beyond… mad, I guess?” Mina continues her story as she rubs her arm, thanks to Jihyo it doesn’t hurt anymore. “I didn’t even have the chance to interfere, in just a matter of minutes, she sliced him up to mush…but she really wasn’t the same person we fought with…”

The chestnut frowns with confusion. “What confuses me is why she didn’t do anything to me? She only focused on him after he hit me…It’s so…unsettling.”

“The villain gangs must have problems between them, and you weren’t her objective perhaps?” Sana tries to make a possible theory but the fact that Stormwater-M has never attacked Mina and has only dodged her…

“It’s so weird, she attacked Jeongyeon and me… but not at the same level she did with this guy from what Mina is saying…” Sana thinks and narrows her eyes. “Villains are really confusing.”

“What if she has been acting carefully?” Jeongyeon suggests making Sana and Mina look at her with curious frowns.

“Maybe she didn’t release her true potential because she was proving us?” Jeongyeon elaborates. “making us believe that is her true strength but in reality, she is planning to take us by surprise? And try to beat the out of us the same way she did with that guy.”

Sana opens her eyes with surprise. “That makes sense! Making us believe something that is not, and then caught us off guard.”

Mina also thinks that Jeongyeon’s theory is correct, but.

“Then why doesn’t she attack me?” Mina intervenes and Jeongyeon frowns with confusion putting a hand on her jaw. “I cannot think of a possible motive…only what we said the last time? She tries to avoid you touching her?”

“But her costume doesn’t let me do it? Unless I rip part of it.” Mina says and frowns trying to understand Stormwater-M confusing actions.

“Her costume may have some problems?” Sana suggests. “Maybe if you touch her neck or face your quirk can work? I don’t know, their costumes are good, but I guess they can have some failures”

Jeongyeon nods in agreement but Mina makes an unmet grimace.

“I guess what Sana-unnie said is the only thing that would be credible…a costume failure” Mina whispers even if Sana’s theory seems to be the most credible is still weird for Mina, something is missing but she doesn’t know what.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Nayeon.” Tzuyu shakes the older girl’s shoulder softly after she fell asleep the ice hero carried her to the car along with Chocolate, thankfully the dog seemed to understand everything and he calmly climbed to Tzuyu’s car too.

Nayeon only mumbles and frowns, still asleep, she snuggles even more in the passenger seat making Tzuyu chuckle. “Nayeon” the hero calls again, this time a little bit higher.

The older girl doesn’t respond and Tzuyu sighs. “Guess I don’t have more choice then.”

Tzuyu approaches her hand to Nayeon’s face but stops thinking. “She will be mad if I touch her face with my cold hand, and...” the hero keeps debating if she should wake up Nayeon or not, the older girl looks so relaxed right now like it’s the first time in days she finally got some sleep.

“But if I don’t wake her up...it will get really late and Chaeyoung will get worried.” Tzuyu thinks and bites her lower lip.

With a big sigh, the hero decides to touch Nayeon’s hand with a soft touch, using her quirk to wake the girl up.

Nayeon starts frowning even more when she starts to feel her hand really cold and finally starts waking up, blinking a couple of times.

She feels the cold disappearing from her hand and finally looks around noticing she’s inside of a car, Tzuyu’s car now that she reacts.

“Wait, why am I here?” Nayeon thinks and now she finally wakes up when she hears a chuckle beside her.

“She looks cute when she wakes up.” The hero thinks and shows Nayeon a soft smile. “We’re in the usual convenience store, you fell asleep so I brought you home, since it’s somewhat late.”

“Oh” Nayeon says with surprise and nods still a little bit dazed, and rubs her eyes. “Thanks, Tzuyu.”

“No problem.” Tzuyu says with a smile and frowns with worry when she notices the dark circles again. “Hey...um, is everything okay? you seem really tired...is your training too demanding?”

Nayeon turns to look at her and cannot help but smile when she notices the greyish black orbs looking so worried.

The older girl purses her lips and looks at Tzuyu with a worried frown that makes the hero frown with confusion.

“I’m everything but okay.” Nayeon thinks as she keeps looking at Tzuyu, thinking about what was really bothering her and making her lose sleep more than tiredness...the uncertainty.

The thought of her aunt having her eyes on Tzuyu and her team has been eating her alive more than the problems with villain gangs.

She has seen only a bit of what her aunt is capable of when somebody interferes with her plans...she doesn’t even want to think what she will do to the team...or to what extreme….

“She will not kill them...right?” Nayeon thinks with fear and her hands start to shake. “She is not the type that kills….”

“Are you sure about that?” Her inner voice speaks with a serious and angry tone combined with worry. “We’ve seen people who bother her disappear mysteriously…”

“And the team runs the same risk! If you don’t do something she will-”

“SHE IS NOT GONNA DO THAT! SHE IS NOT LIKE THAT!!” Nayeon answers with an altered voice inside her head.

“WERE HER WORDS NOT ENOUGH?! SHE WANTS TO KILL THEM! THAT’S WHY SHE TALKED WITH HER ALLIES YOU STUPID IDIOT! CUT THE CRAP! YOU DON’T KNOW HER! AND ANYONE WHO INTERFERES DIES!!!” The voice yells with great anger and desperate worry for Tzuyu’s life, the desperation Nayeon isn’t brave enough to accept the possible and horrifying consequences.

“SHUT THE UP! YOU ALSO DON’T KNOW ANYTHING!-”

“I DO KNOW A LOT MORE!” The voice roars furiously. “IF ONLY I COULD-”

Just then, Nayeon feels a terrible headache and grabs her head gritting her teeth, the voice disappears but the headache is still there and after a couple of minutes it stops, she snaps from everything when Tzuyu grabs her shoulders with a deeply worried look. “Nayeon! hey, what happened? Are you feeling ill? Does your head hurt? you’re too pale!”

Nayeon looks up and she finally feels her heart was racing fast because of the fear she was feeling combined with the rush of stressing emotions the voice made her feel.

She can feel her heart recovering when she links eyes with Tzuyu’s soft and worried eyes, the hero is frowning with concern as she keeps holding her shoulders, Nayeon barely manages to utter a word. “Y-yeah...it’s just…”

“Just…” Nayeon tries to speak but the words she wants to say don’t come out of , the tiny part of her that still doesn’t believe Tzuyu is an important person for her holding her back...even when the voice has made it indirectly clear...

“I...must have been using my quirk too much…” Nayeon lies and she can feel her heart aching.

Tzuyu doesn’t seem convinced but the hero respects the boundaries and slowly lets go of Nayeon’s shoulders. “Training really got you totally drained... be more careful, quirks can be dangerous too.”

Nayeon opens her eyes with surprise when she hears Tzuyu’s serious and worried tone but also because the hero scratches her nape and her cheeks get a little bit pink. “Take care of yourself...you got people worried.”

The older girl feels her heart skip a beat when she hears Tzuyu’s words and even feels her cheeks start getting warm. “W-what?”

Tzuyu looks aside hiding in her turtleneck shirt but Nayeon can see her pink cheeks. “Just take care, okay?”

Nayeon cannot help but feel her heart racing fast but frowns trying to make her heart stop as her cheeks keep getting warmer and warmer. “Stop dammit!” the older girl thinks.

After a deep breath, Nayeon finally feels her heart calming down and talks quietly. “I will try…”

Tzuyu nods and lets out an agreement hum, she notices Nayeon is about to get out of the car but her left-hand stops from opening the door, she can notice the older girl right-hand grabbing the seatbelt hard.

The hero raises a curious eyebrow and notices Nayeon’s unreadable expression as if she’s debating whether she should go or not.

“Again...she looks like she doesn’t want to go…” The hero narrows her eyes and thinks. “Why though?...is it because of the villain thing? or something else?”

Nayeon finally opens the car’s door and the back seat door, letting the dog get out from the car, she stays quiet for a few moments, and then she finally speaks.

“Villain gangs seem to be planning something…” Nayeon doesn’t look at Tzuyu and the hero frowns with confusion looking at the girl’s back. “Keep a look on your team, okay?.”

Tzuyu nods with confusion and smiles with a worried frown. “Thanks for the warning, I will stay attentive.”

Nayeon only looks from her shoulder and shows a half-smile, the hero keeps looking at her for a few moments before she starts the engine and starts to drive.

The auburn brown-haired woman looks at the car driving off and purses her lips with worry.

She had the opportunity to warn Tzuyu completely...but again cowardice won over her.

And unfortunately, she will regret it soon.

-----------------------------------------------------------

The next day Chaeyoung waits in the subway with absent eyes, she is on her way to school but her mind is still thinking about her sisters and all the things that have been happening these days.

She feels bittersweet and stressed, the villains are more active than ever and she has barely had time to see her sisters, whenever she sees them she can not help but think something is off...

The two seem more tired than ever and seem somewhat nervous around her...Chaeyoung thinks they’re hiding something from her... as they have always done, and she has the hunch that this time is not about “financial problems.”

“I just hope they’re not in huge problems” The blue-eyed girl thinks with a troubled frown. “If only they would stop treating me like a baby for five minutes and really talk to me…”

“Whenever there’s a big problem they never tell me...it has been like that since we were kids…” Chaeyoung thinks as she narrows her eyes and puts on her earphones. “I used to understand why they did it...considering our situation I guess they never wanted to see me hurt.”

The novice hero cannot help but show a little smile as she keeps thinking. “They are always so focused on me but…”

“When will they start to think about caring for themselves?”

“Is there something I can do?” Chayoung mumbles and purses her lips. “What can I do for them?”

“When will I be able to return everything they’ve done for me?...”

The black-haired girl sighs deeply and takes out her phone to play music but frowns when she feels vibrations under her feet.

“Is it my imagination?” Chaeyoung narrows her eyes and thinks looking around noticing people talking normally.

“I guess it was.” The blue-eyed girl finally concludes and sighs thinking. “Now I’m imagining things, great.”

But then, the vibrations appear again and this time the people seem to notice making Chaeyoung raise her head in alarm because this time they’re stronger.

They keep getting stronger... until the wall in front of her starts to melt? but it looks like the thing melting its-

“Lava?!” Chaeyoung says with wide eyes and quickly turns to the civilians who are looking at the wall with alarmed eyes and they start to run away to the surface.

Chaeyoung decides to act fast and use her water quirk to toughen the lava and seems to work when she turns around to help the people escape, the wall breaks loudly making her turn around to look with alarmed eyes.

A woman emerges from the broken wall with a wicked smirk and quickly lays her eyes on Chaeyoung.

“I love this sound.” The woman says and makes a slight lava wave emerge from her hands when she hears the people screaming.

Chaeyoung grits her teeth and raises a water wave with her hands making a huge wall to prevent the villain from passing.

“Oh, a hero is here?” The woman stops smiling and looks at her with dull eyes as she starts getting closer to the water wall. “A young one huh...guess I will have to take care of you first, before the one I’m waiting for arrives.”

“What?” Chaeyoung frowns with confusion and anger. “Who do you think you are?!”

“That’s none of your business.” The villain said as she looks at the water wall for a moment and links her dull eyes with Chaeyoung’s angry blue ones. “It is when you start making people scream.”

“I love people screaming, what can I say?” The woman smirks and Chaeyoung feels a chill running down her spine. “And maybe your scream will sound good too...the moment that young face burns.”

The blue-eyed girl frowns and makes a tight fist, the water wall gets stronger but the villain doesn’t seem surprised. “Try if you can.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Ah, Jessica always makes too much noise.” Sunmi says as she looks at the news on the big screen, she is wearing her costume, and this time she is using her metal claws, always sharp, she turns around when she hears steps, smiling pleasantly when Nayeon appears with an unsure look.

“There you are dear.” Sunmi says with a cold but ‘gentle’ tone. “Come here, take a look at this.”

Nayeon approaches and opens her eyes wide when she sees the news and all the disaster Jessica and her gang are causing, people screaming, children crying as Jessica’s partners cause chaos near the subway, everything is an enormous mess and even the reporter is fearing for his life.

“I just hope Jessica doesn’t kill the wrong people.” Sunmi says with an uninterested tone, caressing her face with her claws, Nayeon swallows discreetly, recovering her posture even though it is quite hard after hearing her aunt's words, how can she say something like that so calmly?! They are talking about innocent people lives for gods sakes!

“Jessica is strong but I don’t know if she will be able to take down the ice maiden.” Sunmi says with an unpleasant tone but smirks wickedly, making Nayeon feel shivers down her spine, not liking where this may go since she mentioned Tzuyu, a great fear creeping again in her heart.

“You will go there and see Jessica complete her task successfully.” Sunmi says with a chilly tone smirking even more. “If she doesn’t do what was asked...you will do it

“WHAT?!” Nayeon cannot mask her surprise this time and looks at Sunmi with wide and fearful eyes.

“Oh, dear...I forgot you’ve never killed someone.” Sunmi says with a false gentle tone and turns to caresses Nayeon’s face smiling wickedly again when she feels the girl trembling. “This will be perfect for you, after all the ice maiden has been bothering us too much...you will do it for me...right?”

Nayeon doesn’t know what to say, she keeps looking at Sunmi’s terrifying and serious green eyes.

The young girl keeps thinking, what she should do?! what should she say?!

It will end badly if she lets herself react as she wants, with the insane rage she is feeling despite the fear.

She cannot let her aunt suspect about her great concern and worry for Tzuyu.

She cannot let her see how much Tzuyu matters for her.

So Nayeon does her best to recover her posture and seems convincing for her aunt looking at her with dull eyes.

“Yes aunt, anything for you.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

Chaeyoung only sees the woman smirk wickedly, with a fast move she trespasses the water wall easily and tries to touch her face, the blue-eyed girl dodges, trying to kick the woman’s face.

Her shoe is stopped with the woman’s hand and looks at her with dull eyes again before Chaeyoung notices her shoe is starting to feel hot, opening her eyes widely managing to make a back stunt and take off her shoe, noticing that her shoe was turning into lava.

“Everything she touches turns into lava?!” Chaeyoung thinks with surprise and doesn’t notice the villain kicks her stomach so hard she coughs blood and sends her to the floor.

“It hurts worse than Mina-unnie punches.” the blue-eyed girl thinks and gets up fast before the villain woman approaches again barely dodging her attacks and counter-attacking with water whips or tiny waves.

“Thank goodness there are no people around, all of them managed to escape that’s what matters the most” Chaeyoung thinks and feels strings of hairs getting burned when the villain woman almost touches her face, she uses that opportunity to grab her arm and throw her with all her force to the wall hearing the villain crashing on it.

When Chaeyoung is about to approach she hears a kid crying and immediately turns to search for it before the villain gets up, but when she finds the little girl crying in a corner the villain woman appears in front of her and kicks her face making Chaeyoung feel dizzy, she grits her teeth and tries to punch the villain but the woman dodges it easily.

“You are enduring well but you’re boring me.” The woman says with a whisper and tries to grab Chaeyoung’s hair but the girl reacts fast and stops the woman’s hand with her hand covered with water surprising the villain and using that moment to hit the woman with her elbow in the face.

Chaeyoung quickly uses her water quirk to cover the girl with a water shield and sighs with relief that it worked, her training is definitely useful right now.

“All of you…. focus too much on people but not on yourself.” Chaeyoung opens her eyes wide when she feels a kick in her neck and barely has time to make a water barrier to stop the woman’s hands to touch her, she coughs and breathes with effort, Chaeyoung is not used to combating with villains so skilled like this woman, and definitely, the ones who are cold and reckoner are the most dangerous.

Chaeyoung dodges the next attack and makes a water shield to stop the woman every time she tries to use her hands on her, throwing kicks and punches whenever she can.

“You were too confident since the start.” The woman doesn’t seem agitated like Chaeyoung but she can’t stop all the attacks Chaeyoung does against her, when the young girl jumps and kicks her face loud and strong the villain grits her teeth and tries to grab her but the blue-eyed girl stops her hand with a water shield and uses the opportunity to punch her in the face again this time feeling how the nose cracks against her fist.

“The only one who is too confident is you!” The black-haired girl steps on the floor with an agitated breath as she looks at the villain grabbing her face and looks at how the drops of blood fall from the villain’s face.

“I’ve had enough.” The woman says with silent anger and Chaeyoung frowns preparing herself for the next move but this time the woman moves faster and she has no time to stop her kick, the blue-eyed girl falls to the ground with a loud impact, feeling the woman’s hand on her neck widening her eyes with surprise but frowns when she doesn’t feel any burn but the hold is making her hard to breathe or even try to escape.

“What should I burn first? you or the kid?” Chaeyoung grits her teeth when she hears the woman and tries to shoot her with a fire blast with her free hand but the woman dodges it and laughs quietly. “Do you think tiny fires can stop me? Such a foolish girl.”

Chaeyoung notices the villain is distracted and uses her legs to tangle them on her neck to make the villain’s face collide with her head, hard.

The young hero falls to the ground trying to catch a breath, running towards the kid raising a water wall to protect her and the kid, she smiles softly to the scared child. “I will protect you and we will search for your Mom okay?”

The child manages to nod, still scared, and looks at Chaeyoung with glazy eyes holding her backpack with shaking arms staying behind the blue-eyed girl.

Chaeyoung puts a hand on her head to give her a gentle caress noticing the child relaxing a little bit, smiling again to the child, she stands and puts the child behind her again, looking around with alerting eyes and thinking “So she can control what she turns into lava...when she held my neck I didn’t feel any burn...I have to look for an escaping gate for the child or else-”

Chaeyoung cannot see the moment the woman kicked her again on the stomach, this time breaking some of her ribs, she can feel her back colliding with the wall and coughs blood feeling the woman’s hand on her neck again.

“Now, stay still or I will make it worse.” Chaeyoung barely hears the woman and sees her left-hand approaching her face. She hears the child crying with scared eyes as if she’s fearing for Chaeyoung’s life.

The villain woman sighs and her eyes are filled with even more silent anger as she turns and points to the child.

“NO NO!!!” Chaeyoung tries to stop her and only sees the villain woman smirking and laughing quietly.

But just then, a large ice blast hits the villain so hard she flies to the other side of the subway.

Chaeyoung opens her eyes wider than ever and feels herself falling on someone’s arms.

“CHAEYOUNG! ARE YOU OKAY?!” a deeply and alarmed voice talks to her and Chaeyoung can feel the cold temperature smiling when she clearly knows who this person is.

“Tzuyu...you came” Chaeyoung says and she can feel the tiredness taking over her and almost passes out in the person’s arms making the person frown worriedly and hold her even tighter but Chaeyoung speaks again, coughing “I’m fine...just broken bones I think.”

“Can you walk?” Tzuyu asks with deep worry and keeps holding Chaeyoung tightly.

“I can, Tzuyu.” Chaeyoung tries to separate looking up, finding Tzuyu’s concerned eyes. “Everything she..touches turns into lava, I don’t..know her weakness but I guess she may have a limit like you and me”

Tzuyu nods with a worried smile still holding Chaeyoung’s body. “That info will be very useful, thank you Chaeng, you did great as always.” Then, Tzuyu notices a child running to them hugging Chaeyoung as if her life depended on it.

The ice hero opens her eyes wide and frowns with even more concern when she notices Chaeyoung’s injured body, thinking “She endured all of it because there was someone in danger...she really.” Tzuyu can only feel even prouder and frowns when Chaeyoung tries to carry the child but flinches with pain. “Chae-!”

“I can take her outside…” Chaeyoung coughs and with all her remaining force she carries the child and gives Tzuyu a reassuring smile.

Tzuyu doesn’t seem convinced but Chaeyoung determined eyes make her sigh defeatedly “Then...be careful, the other three are fighting with villains outside, I suppose they’re teammates of the woman from before, Jihyo and Dahyun are helping with the injured not so far from here.” Tzuyu explains briefly and fast when she hears and feels vibrations from walls breaking.

Chaeyoung swallows up the pain in her ribs and nods, Tzuyu uses her ice to make Chaeyoung arrive fast to the emergency exit, she gives the novice hero a thumbs up and a smile that Chaeyoung answers with a wide smile and also does a thumbs up before she disappears.

Tzuyu turns around when she hears a quiet laugh and narrows her eyes. “Novice heroes these days are stronger...is not good…”

“You and your gang are responsible for numerous murders and robberies...Jessica Jung.” Tzuyu says with a cold and strong tone, full of anger because the villain hurt Chaeyoung. “We will stop you here and now!”

“People pay a lot for murdering people, it is not our fault it is so easy.” Jessica smirks coldly and links eyes with Tzuyu’s serious greyish black orbs who frowns with fury when she hears Jessica’s words. “Is human life that worthless for you?...”

“I don’t give a single unless there’s a benefit for me.” Jessica answers with a serious and dull tone. “Why should we care?”

Tzuyu closes her eyes for a moment and exhales cold air as she looks at Jessica with deep and silent fury. “Villains like you are the worst trash in this world…”

“Oh, so the ice maiden is angry.” Jessica cannot help but do a sarcastic tone when she calls Tzuyu by her hero name. “..the money that woman paid for your head will taste better...if you give a good fight.”

Even though the woman whispered the last sentence, Tzuyu could hear clearly what she said and narrows her eyes, thinking. “my head huh...so this is why she made so much damage and caos...to make me come here…”

Tzuyu barely blinks and sees the woman in front of her trying to punch her but the ice hero stops her fist with her hand covered in ice.

“You will need more than that little ice to defeat me...hero.” Jessica smirks with mockery and moves faster than when she was fighting with Chaeyoung trying to kick Tzuyu but the hero dodges the attack and stops the woman’s hands covered in lava as she exhales cold air. “And you will need more than this useless lava to win my head.”

Jessica smirks widens and Tzuyu narrows her eyes, opening them surprised when she feels her ice melting easily and does a back stunt before the woman can touch her.

“You have to use more tricks...ice can’t do much against lava.” Jessica keeps smirking and starts shooting lava at Tzuyu with her hands, the ice hero dodges them and makes ice walls to protect herself biting her lower lip as she lowers, even more, her ice temperature, thinking. “I will have to use below-zero…”

“You know...I was just playing with that kid...but now that my objective is here…” Jessica says and Tzuyu blinks with surprise when she sees Jessica putting her hands on the ground creating a large lava wave as she starts laughing quietly. “I will not hold back…”

Tzuyu narrows her eyes and exhales cold air lowering her ice temperature as she raises her hands and moves her feet.

The ice travels fast in the ground and a large wave of ice counterattacks the lava wave making the subway shake because of the ice force, the people from the surface look in disbelief when they see the subway entrance completely frozen even part of the nearest street is frozen.

Tzuyu exhales cold air and looks at the lava wave crumbling, revealing a surprised Jessica who starts smiling wickedly. “Such a powerful opponent...finally….!”

“The people will scream beautifully when I kill you..!” Jessica starts laughing sardonically and Tzuyu narrows her eyes thinking. “Wendy said, she was serious and barely showed emotions...only smiled when her victims screamed...but I guess this is her true face…”

Jessica then surprises her when she jumps fastly to her trying to kick her, her movements are even wilder and Tzuyu can feel the woman is really trying to kill her now, she has a difficult time dodging the attacks because they’re faster too and the fact that she is using below-zero now makes it even harder.

Tzuyu coughs blood when Jessica manages to punch her chest with force and manages to melt part of her costume sending Tzuyu to collide with a frozen wall coughing, even more, when her back receives the impact.

“What the is that strength?! does she has another quirk?” Tzuyu thinks and recovers fast catching Jessica’s fist and covering her arm with ice as she punches Jessica’s jaw making the woman gasp with pain but she recovers with a smirk and tries to kick Tzuyu’s face but Tzuyu fastly grabs her leg, freezing it.

Jessica only smirks and melts the ice covering her fist fast even though her costume is now destroyed from the arm, making Tzuyu groan because it also managed to destroy part of her costume and burn her a little bit.

Tzuyu moves her feet to make an ice blast that hits Jessica on the ribs making her groan because of the pain of broken ribs since the ice Tzuyu is using now is stronger because of her ability.

The ice hero tries to move but feels her legs are starting to hurt and grits her teeth, thinking “, is starting... since I used my quirk before this...but I can keep moving! I still have time to defeat her before my costume starts the alarm.”

Jessica gets up slowly moving and melting the ice that managed to cover her, she lets out a laugh. “You really are strong...but I wonder how long will you endure?”

Tzuyu frowns and looks at Jessica who starts approaching her even though her costume is almost destroyed and she is also pretty damaged, the hero thinks. “This woman is powerful...even though Chaeyoung fought with her and hurt her...she is still fighting with all her force against me...she is not one of the most searched S class criminals for anything…”

Jessica makes a lava whip to attack the ice hero but the blue grey-haired woman quickly counters with an ice blast and even though Jessica gets hit she recovers and runs towards her again.

Tzuyu and Jessica exchange fists and kicks as they keep getting each other hurt and their costumes get worse neither of them dares to give up.

The ice hero doesn’t know how much time has passed but she can feel more pain in her limbs now and every time Jessica manages to hit her it gets worse, the alarm of her costume starts to ring but she couldn’t care less.

Their fists collide and Jessica grits her teeth with fury, her hands are starting to hurt because of how much she has been using her quirk but she can’t stop, she’s not rational anymore, not after Tzuyu has been able to fight so long with her. “WHY CAN’T YOU DIE SO EASILY?!!”

Tzuyu separates and does a back stunt managing to kick Jessica in the face again, the ice hero hears the alarm again and she knows this has to be her last move.

Jumping back to reunite enough energy the hero acts as if she is completely drained and that makes Jessica fall easily laughing with satisfaction. “So this is EVERYTHING?! SO WEAK!”

Tzuyu only smirks when she hears Jessica hurried steps toward her and looks up, still smirking making Jessica realize it’s a trap.

Putting her hands on the ground the coldest ice she can make travels until it reaches Jessica’s feet and starts freezing her, even though she tries to make lava with her hands she can’t anymore.

“ WHY RIGHT NOW!” Jessica yells in anger and Tzuyu finally speaks as she keeps freezing Jessica slowly. “Quirks like ours are demanding and damage our bodies, it was just a matter of time...your body cannot endure it anymore.”

“YOU KNEW IT! YOU!” Jessica keeps yelling and keeps trying to make lava but groans when her hands hurt since her palms are burned now.

The ice keeps traveling until it stops in Jessica’s neck and even though the villain woman tries to escape with yells and groans she can’t.

Tzuyu only looks in silence with a superior and cold look before Jessica passes out because of the cold, she speaks. “Freeze in silence, ing trash.”

Tzuyu falls on her knees finally as she keeps breathing agitatedly she only acted as if nothing happened because she didn’t want to give Jessica the satisfaction of seeing her so exhausted.

“I haven’t had a fight like this...since I saved Chaeyoung four years ago.” Tzuyu thinks and starts seeing blurry, she tries to get up but she can't, her legs and arms are hurting like hell as if they were sprained.

She has to get her temperature regulated or her body will not endure anymore... even though her costume is trying to warm her, is not enough.

“If only chaeyoung...or Sana could come here..” Tzuyu whispers and shakes her head feeling she is about to pass out, she makes a last effort to get up only to feel her legs hurting again causing her to fall.

She expected to feel a harsh surface against her face but instead, she feels her body weight falls on someone.

“Sana…? Chaeyoung…?” Tzuyu thinks and she doesn’t know why but she feels she can trust this person...this warm person whose arms are holding so tight as if the person feared she will break.

“It’s so warm…”Tzuyu whispers and feels her face falling in the person’s chest when her body finally falls on her knees again, the person carefully caresses her face and she can swear she knows those hands...she has felt them before...that warmth…that strawberry smell

“Nayeon?....”

It’s the last thing Tzuyu whispers before she finally passes out, she doesn’t notice the sorrowful eyes watching her.

“I’m here...Tzuyu…I’m here…” The person whispers with a deep ache, holding Tzuyu even tighter and closer to her, Tzuyu doesn’t know how painful it is for the person to see her in this state and how shocking it is to finally realize how important Tzuyu is for her. “I’m so sorry…”

She cannot even control the pain she is feeling right now, to see Tzuyu with all those injuries...her costume partially destroyed from the arms and legs parts...her beautiful face now calm but scratched because of the tough fight.

The auburn brown-haired woman feels her lips trembling.

She could have prevented all of this! if only she didn’t let her fear control her!!

“Tzuyu wouldn’t be this damaged...if only I!…” Nayeon purses her lips with guilt and rage biting her bottom lip hard until it bleeds.

She didn’t even think about doing the task Sunmi told her to do…

She can’t do what they asked her... to anyone and especially... her…

She might be a villain but she is not a killer...

And she definitely cannot kill one of the most important persons in her life.

Not when Tzuyu has shown her so many things, so many beautiful and fun things, not when Tzuyu has made her feel what is to be finally free and truly live.

Not when she remembers Tzuyu’s jokes, her smile, her laugh, her sweet and quiet voice singing in the car with her, her gentle and beautiful eyes who have never judged her despite being enemies…

“I can’t...I can’t hurt you...not anymore…” Nayeon whispers and she holds Tzuyu impossibly tighter, wanting to give all her warmth to the hero... finally recognizing Tzuyu’s place in her heart fully.

She fears losing Tzuyu now.

She worries for her now.

She cares for her now, more than she wants to believe.

And even the thought of losing her scares her...

--------------------------------------------------

Hello! Sorry for not updating last week >.< (*sighs* I hate zoomschool)

Back to the chapter! what will Nayeon do now after realizing how important Tzuyu is for her? After starting to realize what type of person the one who raised her is? Will she let her fear take control again? Mmmm I wonder

Anyway! Remember to wear your masks and drink water! 

(Also BP new album is really good omgg)

See you later! ;)