Was it everything?

Ignited Freedom

“The sisters are not here again? Why?” Seulgi asks with a fake annoyed attitude as soon as she sees Yeri and Sooyoung, as if she didn’t know why the sisters haven’t been in the lair lately.

“Momo is still injured and Nayeon is taking care of her, at least that’s what Sunmi said.” Sooyoung answers with disinterest. “And Sunmi wants them to be away for a while.”

“They got some good vacations and we still have to do all the boring work.” Yeri rolls her eyes. “Don’t you think Sunmi spoils them? And right now in such a crucial time”

“Come on Yeri, as if you weren’t almost the same.” Sooyoung scoffs, visibly annoyed. “The only damn work you have is to check on that woman 24/7”

That woman?” Seulgi finally asks with a raised brow.

“Sunmi’s guinea pig” Sooyoung answers shortly and Yeri continues with a curious smirk. “It seems Sunmi has some story with that woman, she told me she has always kept an eye on her for some years, but when I asked why she said it’s because she hates her, maybe that woman is her ex and Sunmi is salty?”

Seulgi keeps listening and frowns with disgust when she hears what Yeri said, who keeps an eye on someone for years? Even if she was her ex or whatever theory Yeri has, what the hell? Sunmi is really crazy

“That’s...super creepy, but I’m not surprised anymore.” Seulgi finally says with an uncomfortable voice.

“At first I thought I was going to take care of Nayeon, because that woman is-”

“Yeri” Sooyoung’s voice sounds like a warning, and Yeri purses her lips in a straight line.

“I forgot Sunmi said we shouldn’t talk a lot about her.” Yeri shrugs and Seulgi keeps looking at her with curiosity, Sunmi is being too careful about any information related to that woman….

“But she is a handy tool.” Yeri says with a smirk as she starts walking away, whispering more to herself, making Seulgi frown because she didn’t manage to hear Yeri’s words.

“After all, she is quite close with Chou Tzuyu.”

---------------------------------------------------------------

Sunmi keeps passing around in front of her big computer, too worried to even read Yeri’s usual report about that woman, her last piece.

The big plan she has is going almost perfectly, just six days more and she will finally accomplish what she has been plotting for years.

However, since the moment that hero team appeared and almost frustrated the mission to get the most important part for her altered drug, an ingredient of the energy drink that is more like a drug, she knew that team was going to be a bother, they even managed to capture Joohyun.

But she didn’t expect they would be so constant in stopping her plans like the robberies and more.

It was almost like they were a step ahead.

And of course, Sunmi didn’t like that.

Her humor and stress only got worse after Momo’s incident.

Sunmi sighs as she rubs her temples, sitting on her chair, and thinking. “That damn hero team...if only I could lay my claws on their necks…”

“Especially that Myoui hero...how dare she put me in a dangerous position! I almost lost one of my precious dolls because of that motherer!...if Seulgi hadn’t brought Momo...“Sunmi grabs the armchair, digging her nails into it, thinking.

The villain bites her lower lip with anger as she keeps thinking. “How did Momo break it? is it because of Myoui’s emotions quirk?...she must have made Momo feel a strong emotion...that’s the only way they can stop my other quirk…”

“Or was the pills’ side effect again?” Sunmi narrows her eyes with seriousness.

I know the pills are the ones giving and curing their headaches...since I cannot use my quirk directly on them anymore...I had to recur to those pills..to keep those damn kids in order Sunmi grits her teeth as she taps the armchair. “But why this time it was a huge one?...”

“I don’t have much time anymore… Was it a good idea to get Momo’s body rid of all the pills substance?...” Sunmi stands up and runs a hand through her hair trying to calm herself down. “It would be bothersome if the pills provoke something like this again...if they break it again I only need to be close to stop it..”

Sunmi quickly recovers her posture the moment she hears the other villains’ steps reuniting in front of her, Jessica’s remaining gang.

“Hello, friends!” Sunmi says with a wide and wicked smile as meets their curious and serious gazes “We are just six days away from the big event, aren’t you excited?...”

“Of course we are, after the little demonstration..you showed us...I cannot wait to see how all of them die like cockroaches.” Krystal smiles evilly as Sunmi lets out a pleased hum, hearing the words of her fellow comrades makes her worries and anger disappear, happiness bubbling in her chest. “Yes my dear, that’s correct! Isn’t that what heroes are? Just like a plague...no matter how many we kill...it’s disgusting…” Sunmi says with an unpleasant tone.

Sunmi starts to pace around in front of her allies as she starts talking. “Do you know how all of this started?...”

“As you may know...my parents were heroes, heroes that only cared about fame and money, so much that they made me and my little sister train from morning to night...I started to resent them…why should I follow their stupid ambitions? Why was my sister the favorite one just because she endured everything in silence?”

My sister was always the favorite one because she had a powerful quirk...the good and well-behaved kid...so they let her be…” Sunmi says with deep hate in her voice, surprising everyone with that unknown tone. “While I was obliged to train...hear comparisons and even yells from them...all because I couldn’t reach my sister’s level...because I didn’t use my quirk as they wanted me to... and that would stain the hero family's bright reputation…”

“My parents were always so proud of their quirks...always so arrogant about them…until...an accident happened.” Sunmi says with a wide and happy smile, surprising some of her allies.

“There was a villain who developed a substance...when they tried to stop him with my sister...the villain injected the most part of that substance on them…and only a few on my sister” Sunmi explains as her smile grows. “At first...it didn’t make them anything, they felt normal...but as days started to pass...that changed.”

“My parents' quirk disappeared! and my sister’s quirk became so weak! she couldn’t even defend herself!” Sunmi starts laughing which makes some of the villains there feel shivers but they keep listening to Sunmi with interest despite everything, after all, they don’t get to hear Sunmi’s story so often, of one of the most respected villains. “Until the substance made my parents completely useless! they can’t even move! a machine keeps them alive!!”

Some of her allies gasp with surprise, others laugh and others only smile.

“That villain inspired me...after I saw what his substance could do in heroes! I wanted to do something even better!!” Sunmi says with a happy and wicked laugh. “A hero without powers can’t be a hero! Even if they try to make their stupid justice..it will be impossible for them! They’re always so sure because their quirk gives them confidence! But taking that away from them it’s not enough!!”

Sunmi turns to meet her allies with the most wicked smile she has shown, and the words she says after makes her allies smirk with satisfaction.

“THAT’S WHY I MADE SOMETHING EVEN BETTER!! and you have seen it! The DESPERATION...the FEAR...when the thing they trust the most...KILLS THEM FROM THE INSIDE!” Sunmi lets out a loud and pleased laugh as she holds her face, it only increases after her allies cheer for her.

“All of them will die by our hands...in the most pleasant way”

------------------------------------------------

Momo finally gets out of her room the next day, she decides to go to the rooftop since there’s no one in the house, Nayeon must be walking Chocolate as usual and Chaeyoung is training.

She decides to sit on the edge of the apartment roof, swinging her legs and putting on the big hood of her hoodie on her head as she looks around, finding quickly a big building even though it’s far she knows very well who owns that building

“I wonder...who will deliver her breakfast...or is she not asking for a delivery anymore?” Momo lets out a big sigh, feeling the sting in her heart when she thinks about Mina.

“I hope she doesn’t miss the extra avocado I always put.” Momo chuckles. “Maybe that’s also one of the reasons why they fired me, along with missing four days of work.”

Momo takes a deep breath, after Nayeon spoke to her yesterday she feels calmer, although the pain in her chest remains, as deep and shard as the first day.

A part of her wishes that this pain just disappears, but the other part, doesn’t.

The other part knows that pain is also what makes her remember her mistakes and the consequences of those.

And also is what drives her to search for a way to fix those mistakes.

Momo sighs deeply as she stops looking at the building and takes out a familiar blue and black card, frowning as she looks at it.

“I can’t change the past and what I did but…” Momo grips the card. “I still have the future and my present, I can make a difference.”

“Just like we accorded, we will stop her.” Momo promises to herself with determination and a small smile as she looks at the building again.

“I will prove to you and me….that I can live a normal life..a happy one even.” Momo whispers and she doesn’t notice someone approaching her

“Why didn’t you come out of your room the third day? I wanted to call you Momo Jesus.” The girl chuckles at her own joke

Momo doesn’t even feel surprised when she hears Seulgi’s voice, snorting because of the joke. “You really have to work on your jokes dude.”

“It was a good one! You let out a small laugh.” Seulgi smiles and sits beside Momo.

“I laughed because it was bad.” Momo chuckles and shakes her head.

“It was a good joke, case closed.” Seulgi proclaims and chuckles when she sees Momo looking at her with a raised brow. “Mmm, you don’t look as horrible as I thought, that’s good.”

Momo snorts and runs a hand through her face. “Thanks, I guess?”

“You’re welcome.” Seulgi says with a happy tone making Momo roll her eyes playfully.

“It’s finally nice to see you out of your cave, I was kinda worried you know?.” Seulgi says with a worried smile.

“Nayeon-unnie told me.” Momo says with a soft smile “Thanks for worrying and also not letting me there.”

“I wouldn’t have! A friend never lets the other behind.” Seulgi pats Momo’s back with a smile. “And...if you also wanna talk about um...her or what you feel, I’m all ears too.”

Momo's smile only softens even more as she nods. “I know Seul...thank you, really.”

Seulgi nods and gives a few pats on Momo’s back again before her gaze turns serious. “I don’t wanna ruin this fluffy and sweet mood but…”

“I have good and bad news.” Seulgi lets out a sigh. “The good ones are that I will get the password today, and the bad ones are that we will only have the chance to use it this friday, since Sunmi and the others will be out on a mission.”

“So in four days?” Momo frowns with curiosity. “And all of them are going to be out? do they have a huge mission or what?”

“Sooyoung neither Yerim told me why.” Seulgi takes a deep breath shaking her head. “Everyone is being really careful with what they say, more than usual, maybe because I’m not as evil, they don’t consider me part of the pack.”

“Well, that makes sense, Sunmi and the others were very secretive around us.” Momo raises an eyebrow.

Seulgi nods and also remembers something important. “Oh! that’s right, I also managed to hear something interesting.”

Momo looks at her with curious eyes. “What is it?”

“Sunmi is making Yeri watch a woman 24/7, and Yeri also mentioned she is a woman Sunmi has been watching for some years but because Sunmi hates her?” Seulgi says with a disgusted grimace. “They didn’t tell me what’s her name or anything, Sooyoung stopped Yeri’s mouth but, what the is wrong with Sunmi?”

“Everything.” Momo says with a surprised expression and frowns trying to understand Sunmi’s intentions with that woman and why for years?

Just when she thought her aunt's mysteries couldn’t get more complicated…

------------------------------------------------------------------------

“I’m so sorry I didn’t see you! oh dear god, let me help.” It’s the first thing Tzuyu hears the moment she steps out of the elevator, she can tell that’s Jieun’s nervous voice.

She was on her way out of the company since she also has to train with Chaeyoung today, however, she didn’t expect to see her assistant crouching and trying to gather some papers with another employee

Tzuyu quickly approaches and helps them to gather the papers which makes Jieun and the employee surprised, the moment Jieun sees her she turns pale, as if she saw a ghost. “G-good morning Miss Chou.”

“Good morning” Tzuyu greets with a raised eyebrow as she stands up along with Jieun and the employee. “Are you feeling ill? You look quite pale.”

“I-I’m fine Miss, really, thank you for worrying.” Jieun says with an even more nervous voice which makes Tzuyu feel worried. “Are you sure?”

Jieun looks up to find Tzuyu’s worried eyes, she can feel the words stock in , she is afraid that Tzuyu might hate her if she tells her why she has been so anxious these past days…

“I…” Jieun starts speaking as she keeps looking at Tzuyu but her eyes move to see the glass walls the moment feels someone is watching them.

Jieun’s eyes widen the moment she sees a young girl smirking to her along with someone beside her who turns around, Jieun grips the papers she has, she feels scared but at the same time very angry when she sees the person beside the smirking girl, even though she doesn’t know why she feels that angry.

“Jieun-unnie?” Tzuyu frowns when she notices Jieun’s angry but also scared features as she keeps looking at the glass wall, the tall woman turns to see what Jieun is looking at only to find people passing by which makes her raise her eyebrow, what was Jieun seeing?

“I apologize, Miss, I have to go to the restroom.” Jieun’s says in a hurried voice as she passes by Tzuyu, not giving the young hero a chance to speak a word.

Tzuyu only looks at her with a confused expression, she is debating whether she should talk again with Jieun or go to the training appointment.

Her smartwatch is the one deciding for her, reminding the hero she has to be in the training room in 30 minutes or she will be late.

Tzuyu sighs softly and walks to the principal door pursing her lips with worry.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

“Jieun has been acting strange?” Suzy asks from the other side of the line, frowning after hearing Tzuyu’s words, is it not that she expected that type of call.

“Yes, I think there’s something bothering her or…scaring her.” Tzuyu says as she is outside of the training room, since the girls decide to have a break. “She has been acting too nervous around me.”

Suzy taps the desk with her fingers as she keeps frowning as she remembers something. “She usually acted like that around your mother but…there was a time when she was in an even worse condition.”

Tzuyu raises her eyebrows with interest. “When was that?”

“You know she has been working in our company for a long time, but I clearly remember she was acting in that way when she entered our company.” Suzy hums trying to remember how many years have been since that. “Fourteen years ago.”

Fourteen?! Jieun has been working here for fourteen years?!” Tzuyu cannot mask her surprise as she widens her eyes with astonishment, she knew the woman had a lot of time working there but more than a decade? Dear god.

“She is the most loyal employee we have ever had, I can assure that.” Suzy lets out a slight chuckle but turns serious again. “When she entered, I remember she looked so…lost? Like a missing puppy trying to find her way home at first…. It took a while for her to act…normal.”

Tzuyu frowns worriedly again after she hears her grandma’s words, maybe Jieun is struggling again…

She wanted to ask more but her grandma is still a busy person, telling Tzuyu she has a reunion and hangs up after Tzuyu manages to say a ‘bye bye’

Tzuyu looks at her phone with troubled eyes as she purses her lips, before she can think more about Jieun’s issue, Jeongyeon calls her telling her the break is over.

Tzuyu only sighs and nods, putting her phone on a near table as she enters the training room again.

-------------------------------------------------------

“Jihyo-unnie I didn’t know you had even more strength than Mina-unnie!” Chaeyoung whines as she keeps breathing heavily, her back is resting against the floor after a good session of training.

“Me neither!” Sana says with an excited voice as she looks at Jihyo fluttering her lashes. “Can you be even more attractive?”

Jihyo lets out a shy chuckle as she keeps stretching, shaking her head. “I was always good in the university’s hand-to-hand combat classes, but I think I don’t have too much strength….”

“Stop acting so humble Park, if you wanted to you could’ve broken my ribs” Jeongyeon says with a scoff.

“Awww are you angry because I beat your , Yoo?” Jihyo sticks out her tongue to Jeongyeon who frowns a little bit annoyed. “I can beat yours Park, don’t get cocky”

“Hey hey don’t get angry.” Dahyun enters the room with water bottles and energy drinks, handing them to all the girls, sitting beside Jeong and squeezing her right cheek. “Training with friends must be fun, Jeongyeonnie.”

Jeong only puts as she looks aside mumbling. “But she started first.”

Dahyun only shakes her head and caresses Jeongyeon’s face sweetly making Jeong show a tiny smile.

“Can you all stop acting all lovey-dovey? I want a calm rest.” Tzuyu says as she leans against a wall with a teasing smile.

“I can give you love if that’s what you’re asking Tzu.” Sana approaches Tzuyu trying to hug the tall girl but Tzuyu quickly gets up avoiding Sana’s hug, still smiling teasingly. “I pass, give that to Jihyo-unnie.”

Sana pouts as she puts her jaw on her hand. “You could bring someone here? I don’t know Elkie maybe?”

Tzuyu rolls her eyes as she takes a sip from her energy drink. “I told you she is only a friend.”

“Uh-huh…” Sana eyes Tzuyu suspiciously with a smirk but before she keeps teasing Tzuyu, they hear someone snoring, making all the girls turn to look at Chaeyoung who is sleeping after a rough training session.

“She trained the most among us today, it doesn’t surprise me.” Tzuyu chuckles as she approaches Chaeyoung poking her cheek playfully, but the little girl is sleeping like a log.

“Now that she is sleeping, Wendy told me she finished the surprise we have for Chae.” Jeongyeon shows a big smile. “And Mina will give us the honor of her presence finally, she wants to be there when Chaeyoung receives her surprise.”

Tzuyu raises her eyebrows and smiles. “Really? I thought she was going to stay more time in the lab”

“She is still um…not okay but she is trying to get better, she told me she will tell us everything in a few days.” Jeongyeon says with a half-smile.

“I’m really glad to hear that.” Tzuyu says with a relieved smile, after all, Mina is one of her greatest friends, and hearing she is “getting better” as Jeongyeon says makes her feel a little at ease, because she was really worried about Mina despite respecting her desire for space.

“I wonder what happened to her, maybe it really was a breakup with the chef girl…or something else.” Tzuyu thinks and takes a deep breath taking Chaeyoung in her arms, turning to see her friends. “I will let her rest in the bed of the healing room, and I also wanna know more about the finished surprise.”

“What surprise?” Dahyun and Jihyo ask with curiosity when Tzuyu starts leaving the room.

“You will see it in a few days” Jeongyeon winks.

“Give us more clues!” Jihyo turns to see Sana as she pats her knee. “What is it? Equipment?”

“You will guess if we say more.” Sana purses her lips in a straight line shaking her head playfully.

“Just one more!” Dahyun shakes Jeongyeon’s shoulders as she also tries to ask for more clues but the only thing, they manage to get is some silent chuckles from their girlfriends.

“Don’t laugh and tell us the clues!”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In another part of the city, when afternoon arrives, Nayeon lays on the grass at the park, with chocolate beside her, the big dog sleeping peacefully after the great walk they had all morning.

All this time she has been out, Nayeon has tried to remember anything again, even a small detail.

She has been thinking, if asking Chaeyoung about her parents is a good idea, she wanted to ask her little sister before she went to train, but again, she couldn’t.

Thinking back at that time, Chaeyoung really believed their parents would come back.

Even after Sunmi came for them and told them they disappeared.

Maybe because Chaeyoung was little and also very different from them, she always thought they would come back.

Nayeon wonders if her sister still thinks that, but she cannot ask, not when she remembers Chaeyoung’s little sad face when they tried to search for them but found nothing.

“If I ask her about them…what face will she make?” Nayeon whispers with sadness. “I don’t wanna hurt her…maybe I should ask Momo after everything passes…”

“For now…I will try to search some answers by myself.” Nayeon finally decides as she looks at the sky for some moments before she closes her eyes.

Nayeon tries to talk to her inner voice but she can’t, she hasn’t been able to since she remembered a memory of her mother

“Momo said something broke inside her head...and then a rush of memories.” Nayeon whispers as she closes her eyes even more. “And my inner self mentioned that too...to break it or we will never be free…”

“Free from what?” Nayeon sighs as she puts a hand on her face, thinking and remembering something with a disgusted frown. “Sunmi also called dolls before...why did she call us like that?”

“I wonder if after stopping Sunmi I will finally know all the answers I need to know.” Nayeon whispers as she opens her eyes, sensing the wind hitting her face gently.

Nayeon closes her eyes again as she tries to remember something again, she goes into the deepest part of her mind, even when her head starts to hurt, she keeps trying.

FLASHBACK

“Why did you come back?”

“I can’t visit you? How cold lil sis.”

Nayeon and Momo are hiding on the stairs, they can see the woman from before although it has been a year, their aunt, talking with their mother, although they can’t really see their mother, she sounds angry.

“What? Did you run out of money again? You only called me for that last time.” Nayeon and Momo’s mother says in a bitter tone.

“My finances are doing good, but…” Sunmi’s green eyes travel to the stairs to see the two curious children.

Momo and Nayeon can feel a chill down their spine after their gazes connect, like a snake watching her prey.

Your older kids...are powerful, right?” Sunmi says in an interested tone as she fakes a smile to her sister.

“Why do you care about that?” the woman answers with a bitter and angry tone.

“It runs in the family, you know?...being powerful and gifted, I thought you were already training them just like the old hags did with us.” Sunmi looks at her fuming sister with a smirk. “But you really can’t...can you? with your torn fire quirk.”

“If you came here to split your hate for our parents, go.” The woman gets up harshly making Nayeon and Momo jump because of the sound.

“I don’t intend to do the same thing they did to us, they will choose their own path.” Momo and Nayeon hear their mother’s imponent and strong tone. “and I will be with them.

“You sound too confident, but I think you won’t be with them...you may repeat what they did to us…” Sunmi keeps smirking and she only laughs when her sister grabs her by her collar, making the two children gasp, when they see their mother’s hand grabbing Sunmi’s shirt tightly, steam coming from it.

“I really have tried to understand you...all this time... but you have always been like this! pressing people’s buttons as if you were begging to get beaten” The woman says with an angry tone. “I know we’ve never been close...but don’t you dare come to my house only to split your venom.”

Sunmi grits her teeth as she grabs her sister’s hands hardly, almost digging her sharp nails on them You were always the favorite one...how can you even try to understand me? YOU NEVER SUFFERED AS I DID!”

END OF THE FLASHBACK

Nayeon opens her eyes with surprise as she sits up and puts her hands on , the flashback ends abruptly as if someone turned off the TV.

Nayeon it’s so immersed in her thoughts she doesn’t notice she is not laying on the grass anymore, she is sitting up in a bed.

She blinks, trying to process the flashback she saw, she can’t be more clueless this time, her mother and Sunmi didn’t get along but why?

“They were about to have a big fight...it’s obvious they didn’t like each other...after talking about their parents...and what does it mean our mother would repeat what our grandparents did to them?...” Nayeon sighs with frustration. “Everything is so confusing…I keep discovering more but at the same time I don’t understand anything!”

Nayeon takes a deep breath as she puts her hands on her face trying to remain calm

She runs a hand through her hair and frowns when a question appears in her head, making the older girl narrow her eyes with suspicion.

“Why didn’t Sunmi tell us about her bad relationship with our mother….?”

Sunmi has always been so secretive about everything, her plans, her life…when Nayeon was younger she didn’t care a lot, but right now…her aunt’s secretive nature makes her feel extremely uneasy, even more after what she remembered.

It only gets worse because, she just knows there’s more story to discover.

“I really don’t like this feeling.” Nayeon purses her lips as she frowns, a part of her wanna know the truth behind everything...but the other one isn’t sure if she will like that truth once she sees it.

“I’ll talk to Momo about this...she has to know what I saw.” Nayeon thinks and when she puts her feet on the ground it’s when she realizes she is not in the park anymore.

She quickly scans the room feeling anxious because oh god, what if some weird person kidnapped her? Or someone from Jessica’s gang or-

“You finally woke up!”

Nayeon jumps when she hears a voice, she has never turned her face so fast, she sees the door with astonished eyes. “Tzuyu?!”

Tzuyu keeps drying her hair as she enters the room chuckling. “I was jogging after the morning training and I found you sleeping on the grass with Chocolate, I couldn’t just leave you there so I brought you to my apartment”

Nayeon blinks a couple of times and the ice hero rubs her nape with a nervous look after she realizes how bad her last sentence sounded. “I-I hope that doesn’t bother you...you know there are some nasty people out there and I know you can defend yourself but-”

A loud laugh makes Tzuyu look at Nayeon with surprised eyes as the older girl only shakes her head.

“That look on your face.” Nayeon snorts and covers , still laughing. “Like a child getting caught in mischief.”

Tzuyu lets out a smile as she approaches Nayeon with a raised eyebrow. “For someone who drools in her sleep, you sure make fun of me a lot.”

Nayeon stops laughing as she turns to see Tzuyu with a embarrassed blush. “What? Did I drool?!”

Is now Tzuyu’s turn to let out a loud laugh that makes Nayeon frown and raise her eyebrow. “Touche, Chou, Touche.”

“Is just that-” Tzuyu says between laughs. “Your face it’s so expressive! it says everything for you!”

“Well, I’m so happy to know you can laugh because of my face.” Nayeon rolls her eyes as she smiles softly when she sees Tzuyu keep laughing.

Tzuyu stops laughing and she looks at Nayeon with a surprised face when she notices Nayeon looking at her with the softest smile and shining eyes.

They haven’t seen each other in a couple of days and Tzuyu would be lying if those soft eyes don’t make her stomach flutter.

The ice hero feels her heart beating fast and a blush creeping in her cheeks she turns around scratching her head.

“um, wanna go for a walk?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks for accompanying me to return Chocolate.” Nayeon says as the two keep walking, each one of them eating ice cream in the chilly night.

“No problem, I like that big boy.” Tzuyu says with a chuckle, she finishes her ice cream with a pleased hum as they start to walk beside the yangjaecheon stream trail.

Nayeon starts to walk slower and Tzuyu notices, slowing down her pace too as she turns to see the older girl who has her eyes on the stream.

Nayeon stops and Tzuyu also stops as the older girl keeps looking at the stream, it’s no surprise for Tzuyu that Nayeon gets lost in her thoughts, and just as she always does she remains silent, waiting for the older girl, even though she badly wants to know why Nayeon’s has such a troubled look in her eyes today.

Tzuyu can feel her heart beating irregularly when the older girl links arms with her, putting her head on the tall girl’s shoulder, holding her ice cream with the other hand.

With everything she has discovered and her aunt’s issue, Nayeon was feeling a little bit stressed and worried, specially about Momo who might be still in her room.

But just as always Tzuyu makes her feel at ease, and that she can tell anything to the tall girl, no matter what, she will be listened.

The truth…is something we don’t wanna know sometimes... isn’t it?” Nayeon whispers as her look keep fixed on the stream, the ice hero blinks a couple of times before answering.

“It is...but it is always better to know it.” Tzuyu looks at Nayeon as the older girl keeps looking at the stream.

Even if..we don’t like to hear it.” Tzuyu continues as she turns to see the stream. “It’s better than living in a lie, don’t you think?”

“A lie…” Nayeon whispers and closes her eyes, Tzuyu wishes she could know what Nayeon is thinking about, however, Nayeon tells her that instead.

“I might discover something...and I think I will not be happy about that…” Nayeon starts. “But...the truth needs to be known.”

Tzuyu looks at Nayeon with attentive eyes as she breathes deeply. “Is that why you had that look on your face?”

“What look?” Nayeon turns to see Tzuyu with a curious gaze.

Tzuyu turns to meet Nayeon’s eyes with a soft smile. “A troubled one.”

Nayeon opens her eyes with surprise as she looks at Tzuyu. “Was I too obvious?”

“your face doesn’t help you to hide things.” Tzuyu’s smile softens. “Just look at us now, I never thought I would end up eating ice cream with Im Nayeon who is nothing but the one and only Wildfire-N, and even worried about her having a troubled look in her eyes.”

Nayeon keeps looking at Tzuyu with surprise and she feels her heart skip a beat when Tzuyu gently puts a strand of hair behind her ear. “You know…since the moment I saw you saving that kid I had this hunch about you being different.

“And I was right.” Tzuyu keeps looking at Nayeon with gentle eyes, smiling widely, showing her characteristic dimple.

Nayeon can feel her cheeks getting warm as she keeps feeling her heart beating faster and faster by minute

The older girl can only smile warmly as she looks at Tzuyu with shining eyes. “Chou Tzuyu...you really know how to leave me speechless”

Tzuyu lets out a giggle as she looks at Nayeon with gentle eyes. “I’m really happy to hear that.”

The ice hero’s voice turns low and sweet, Nayeon can feel her hands heating because her heart flutters fast and strong when she hears Tzuyu’s words.

“When you discover the truth that troubles you so much, remember that I’m here for you, I will be there no matter the time, or what I’m doing.” Tzuyu makes Nayeon blush even more when she feels the hero cold but sweet hands on her right cheek.I told you I will stay, and that’s a promise I will keep forever

Nayeon doesn’t even know what to say, her heart can’t stop beating fast, and her stomach flutters causing her such a happy and touched feeling after hearing Tzuyu’s words, she opens to answer Tzuyu’s words

But when Nayeon is about to respond Tzuyu lets out a surprised gasp as she looks Nayeon’s right hand. “Nayeon! your ice cream!”

Nayeon blinks as she turns to see her ice cream completely melted in her hand, the older girl makes a surprised grimace. “Oh come on!” Nayeon sighs with annoyance because her heating palms ruined the mood, she really needs to control her quirk in this type of moments, or she might burn something the next time.

Tzuyu doesn’t waste time and quickly takes out a few tissues from her pocket, she grabs Nayeon’s hand gently as she starts to clean the ice cream carefully.

“Ah seriously, what a waste.” the ice hero makes a pout, but Nayeon is more fixed on how gently Tzuyu is cleaning her hand.

“Let’s go for another one! ice cream always helps to cheer you up!” Tzuyu says with a happy smile, taking Nayeon’s hand, as she waits for Nayeon to say something.

Nayeon can feel her heart fluttering again when she sees Tzuyu’s happy smile, for a moment, she forgets about everything and Tzuyu is the only one she can think about.

And that’s the moment when she finally realizes.

“I don’t blame you for falling in love with one of them Momo, really.” Nayeon thinks, the only thing she can hear is her heart as she keeps looking at Tzuyu with gentle and adoring eyes.

“Not when I have also fallen in love too.”

Was it her smile? her cute dimple? her precious laugh? Her being so gentle? Her being always there for me?

Was it everything?

Nayeon smiles widely as she shows Tzuyu the loveliest smile she has, her bunny teeth showing in a cute way “Sure!”

Tzuyu opens her eyes wide as she feels her heart beating faster than ever, a bright blush takes over her cheeks as she looks at Nayeon’s smile.

The ice hero swallows as she gently squeezes Nayeon’s hand, she feels completely absorbed in that beautiful smile.

Is not until Nayeon tugs her and makes her follow her with the most adorable laugh she has heard. “What are you doing? let’s go before my favorite one runs out!”

Tzuyu follows Nayeon with clumsy steps as she keeps looking at the older girl with the softest smile.

Nayeon doesn’t know it, but she is not the only one who realizes about falling in love that night.

---------------------------------------

Hellooo again! I’m back this week with another chapter, I hope you are having a great day or night or afternoon!

I listened Cry for me and it’s such a bop OMG

Please drink water and sleep well! I will be back next week with an important chapter, please stay tunned and of course healthy folks uwu