Bubbling worry

Ignited Freedom

Nayeon dodges Joy’s attacks with a distracted look, her mind has been a disaster since a few days ago, she hasn’t been sleeping well majorly because of the hero’s words for her... 

“you will never be a villain no matter how much you try to be.”

“Because after meeting Im Nayeon, I cannot see why Wildfire-N exists.”

Those words have only made her doubt about her ‘job’ increase along with her heart beating more irregularly when she thinks about the soft but determined greyish black orbs makes her blush unexpectedly just like now. 

“Why can she be so sure?...Why did she say that to me? We’re SUPPOSED to be enemies or what the hell are we now? Like...she’s PARTIALLY important for me and she is so fun to be with but seriously what the HELL” Nayeon thinks with a scrambled mind her blush only increases when she suddenly remembers Tzuyu’s smile and her sweet words making her movements even more disastrous. 

Joy notices this and frowns as she manages to punch Nayeon’s chest and send her to the ground opening her eyes with surprise. 

Coughing as she sits up, Nayeon blinks with unbelief as she looks up to find a stretched hand. 

“Dude, is everything all right?” Joy asks with a worried frown as she helps Nayeon to stand up.

“Y-Yeah.” Nayeon says as she rubs her eyes. “I guess I’m a little tired.” 

“Uh-huh” Joy looks at Nayeon suspiciously and squints her eyes. “Lately you’ve been acting weird…are you sure everything is alright?” 

“Sure.” Nayeon half-smiles and recovers her fighting position not wanting to tell Joy what is happening to her because even though she has known her and the other girls for a few years, she knows joy will tell her aunt everything.

“The girl only cares about jewels and punching heroes, like Yeri and Irene.” Nayeon starts attacking Joy as she thinks. “We’re just acquaintances since they’re useful for whatever my aunt wants…and if I’m discovered they will not think twice to attack everything I care about…”

When Nayeon sees Joy smiling wickedly as she keeps throwing punches, she narrows her eyes thinking. “I’ve always felt we’re different from them…their vibe is different and darker, Seulgi is the only one we can trust, the girl is too bubbly and even feels sad after a crime…just like us.”

After kicking Joy successfully in the face Nayeon lets out a sigh and turns to look at Momo and Seulgi practicing but not as hard as she is practicing with Joy.

Nayeon can’t help but let out a smile for a moment before she feels a kick on her shoulder that sends her to the ground. 

Momo and Seulgi who stopped their combat training make worried grimaces when they see how hard Joy kicked Nayeon.

“That must’ve hurt.” Seulgi says with a concerned frown. “But it is unusual that Joy manages to hit Nayeon.” 

“Yeah.” Momo says with a curious tone. “She has been…not herself lately.”

“She better starts to act differently or Sunmi will realize and well…” Seulgi purses her lips and frowns worriedly. 

“You don’t have to remind me about it, I don’t want our aunt to be in an even worse mood.” Momo sighs tiredly and scowls. “She also has been acting like a pain in the , and at this point, every gang of villains wants our heads as trophies.” 

“I can’t even go out for a walk because of that.” Seulgi ruffles her hair with annoyance. “This is getting tiring, but at least Irene is not here or it also will be eveeen worse.” 

Momo can’t help but smirk a little. “Nice to see you’re not missing your ex, Kang.”  

Seulgi only rolls her eyes and punches Momo in the arm slightly. “She isn’t my ex, we were just…a thing.” 

“Yeah, a thing you enjoyed a loot.” Momo smirks. “I remember the ‘mosquito marks’ you used to hide.”

Seulgi blushes furiously and only looks aside. “I won’t…deny that.” 

Momo can’t help but laugh until she hears heels clicking and her laugh dies fastly.

Everyone stops their training and Sunmi appears wearing her costume that is slightly like Nayeon and Momo’s costume but is green and black, a displeased look shows on her face that makes everyone in the lair exchange looks, even Yeri swallows a little bit.

“Girls, come here.” Sunmi says with an icy eye smile and everyone approaches until they’re close enough. 

“I have individual missions for some of you.” Sunmi says with her false and wicked smile. “But…there’s something I want to ask.” 

Nayeon can feel herself sweating just like Momo, fearing their secrets have been discovered and only pray that their aunt hasn’t realized yet that they've been hanging out with the enemy as if it was the most normal thing. 

“There’s this…team.” Sunmi says with extreme disgust and a grimace full of silent anger. “That has been capturing my allies and even ruined amazing opportunities for our big project…”

Sunmi starts to walk to the computers and shows the hero team she is talking about on the big screen. 

Joy and Yeri only frown with anger, but Seulgi only looks at the screen with a serene expression like she doesn’t care. 

Nayeon and Momo on the other side are trying to mask their evident nervousness and discomfort as they see the big screen showing the famous hero team, the very familiar faces of two people, now important for them makes them feel even more worried about what their aunt is going to ask. 

Second to none.” Sunmi says with despise. “The so claimed and beloved hero team…full of hypocrites and rich kids that think they can stop anything…capturing our dear allies as if they were wild animals…” 

“But.” Sunmi turns to look at them with a wicked smile that makes Nayeon feel a chill down her spine. “I’ve been speaking with our most precious allies, and if everything goes smoothly that horrendous team will not bother us anymore…” 

“They will do the dirty work but will leave something for us.” Sunmi's wicked smile only grows, making Nayeon and Momo have a difficult time masking their great fear for the two people they care about. 

“Because it’s only fair to have some fun with them too, right?” 

Nayeon puts her hands behind her just like Momo and makes a fist to hold back her fear because she knows what her aunt means with that. 

The sisters don’t even notice Seulgi noticed this and cannot help but frown with curiosity, it’s the first time she has seen the sisters’ fists shaking so much and even do a lot of effort masking their emotions. 

“It’s because of what Sunmi is saying?...or?” Seulgi thinks.

“If our allies fail.” Sunmi's voice makes Seulgi look at her and open her eyes with surprise when she sees Sunmi’s wicked and full of terrifying excitement. 

“Then…we will take them down…one by one.”

------------------------------------------------------------------

In another part of the city, the team is waiting at the hospital for their weekly revision, Jeongyeon and Mina are busy speaking about the villains they captured last night to notice their leader is spacing out more than usual. 

Tzuyu has been thinking about certain girl these past days and she even feels her heart skip when she remembers Nayeon excited and toothy smile while she was talking about the movie. 

“She looked so…” The hero thinks with a dreamy smile. “Beautiful, like she was free for a few moments…”

The hero looks down to see her hand and purses her lips feeling her heart beating fast when she remembers the older girl’s soft and warm hand. 

“I’ve touched her hand before but…it was different that time.” Tzuyu thinks and feels a tiny blush on her cheeks, she doesn’t even notice her friends are looking at her with a confused look, even Jihyo who has been calling her name frowns with worry when she notices Tzuyu’s pink cheeks and approaches touching the team’s leader shoulder. 

Tzuyu then comes back to reality and almost jumps when she notices Jihyo’s curious eyes looking at her. 

“It may sound weird, but did you catch a cold?” Jihyo looks at her with concerned eyes. “Or do you have fever? Your cheeks are a little pink.” 

“What?” Tzuyu opens her eyes with surprise and touches her cheeks with a shy frown, feeling them unusually warm makes her let out a surprised sigh and purse her lips “I-Im fine, just a little bit distracted…anyway is my turn now?” 

“Yeah, it started five minutes ago but you weren’t listening.” Jihyo chuckles and looks up when Tzuyu stands up covering her face. 

“I apologize.” Tzuyu says with a small voice as she enters Jihyo's medical office without looking at her curious teammates.

Jihyo only nods with a smile and before she enters her office she turns to look at the three curious girls. “Has she been acting like this?” 

“Since a few days ago.” Mina says with a suspicious tone. “Maybe the battles with the villains have been affecting her.” 

“or maybe it’s about the mysterious girl!” Sana says with a bubbly and mischievous tone.

“Are you still with that?” Jeongyeon asks with a raised eyebrow. 

“I mean, she has been acting weird not so long after Ji and I saw her with that girl.” Sana says with a pout. “It’s just a theory but think about it.” 

Jeongyeon and Mina squint their eyes and Jihyo only lets out a chuckle before she enters her office. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After the revision, Tzuyu gets out of the office and only says that she will go for coffee not looking at her teammates making the girls even more suspicious. 

Tzuyu walks until she is at the cafeteria and takes out her phone looking that there are no messages she can’t help but feel a little bit gloomy but she also hasn’t sent any messages to the older girl. 

“Oh my god, Tzuyu, is it you?” 

The ice hero recognizes those voices and turns around only to smile when she sees a blonde girl along with a brown-haired girl wearing white coats. “Hey! Rose-unnie, Jisoo-unnie! It has been ages since the last time I saw you here, how have you been?” 

The three girls share a brief but gentle hug before Jisoo starts speaking. “We happened to have a free schedule and here we are.” 

“You two always have tons of work, as the miracle duo.” Tzuyu says with a chuckle.

“Our quirks are a perfect match and so we are!” Rose says as she hugs jisoo’s arms making the brown-haired girl laugh. 

“That’s something I won’t deny.” Tzuyu says with a smile and after she and the two girls order their coffee they decide to sit and chat. 

“Villains have been appearing a lot more lately isn’t it?” Rose asks casually and the hero nods with a tired sigh. “I don’t know if it’s ‘villain season’ but we haven’t had a single rest, even though we’ve captured them all is so weird that there are more these past days.”

“Lisa and Jennie have told us something like that too, as rescue heroes they’ve been receiving more calls and that is getting a little bit worrying.” Rosé says with a frown. 

“Dahyun told us something similar yesterday.” Tzuyu thinks and narrows her eyes. “I don’t know why but I’m sure the association is working on something to control this wave”

“I hope so, because we don’t want to see the hospital full of harmed people.” Jisoo sighs with worry. 

“We will do everything we can to avoid that.” Tzuyu shows them a reassuring smile as she frowns with determination. 

Rosé smiles and nods. “We know, after all, there is nothing heroes cannot stop.” 

“And of course, second-to-none are the ones we can trust.” Jisoo winks and Tzuyu cannot help but laugh slightly.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina and Tzuyu are slightly regretting that they agree to go with their friends to a double date, seeing Sana and Jeongyeon act so lovely with their almost girlfriends is making them want to throw up.

Sitting in front of the two couples as they share a restaurant table Tzuyu and Mina decide to chat a little as they wait for their food. 

“Awww she was so cute.” Jihyo’s voice makes them turn to look at the couples in front of them and Mina blushes. “Sana! Why are you showing them those pictures?!” 

“Because as Jihyo said, you were so cute! And also Tzuyu, look.” Sana shows Dahyun and Jihyo a picture of Tzuyu when she was little and they make a loud ‘awww’ that makes the team leader blush slightly. 

“We didn’t agree to accompany you girls only to endure this embarrassment.” Tzuyu takes Sana’s phone making the older girl pout. “But I wanted them to see how adorable we were!” 

“You two have to admit we were really adorable.” Jeongyeon says with a smirk that only makes Tzuyu and Mina shake their heads.

“Tzuyu was quiet and so well behaved, she was like the perfect child.” Jeongyeon turns to look at Dahyun and Jihyo who raise their eyebrows with curiosity.

“Mina was also like that but a little bit more adventurous.” Sana adds with a nostalgic smile.

“And these two.” Mina signals Jeongyeon and Sana. “Have always been a pain in the .” 

“Absolutely.” Tzuyu smirks when she notices Jeongyeon and Sana’s nervous eyes. “They use to do so many pranks but their parents always grounded them, oh, and remember that day when Jeongyeon unnie had her hand stuck in the cookie jar?” 

“I do remember!” Mina shows a mischievous smirk. “Her quirk didn’t work as she wanted and her hand got stuck, she had that jar for hours until our parents arrived.” 

Jeongyeon lets out an embarrassed chuckle as she hears Dahyun and Jihyo’s loud laughs. 

“And do you remember when Sana-unnie ate a tiny bag of chili sauce because she thought it was strawberry jam?” Tzuyu’s smirk only grows as she looks at Sana’s red face.

“Also that time when-“ Mina starts only to be interrupted by Jeongyeon and Sana, whose faces are completely red now. 

“Okay okay, that’s enough!” Jeongyeon chuckles nervously. 

“Yeah, we surrender!” Sana looks at them with pleading eyes. “You two are scary whenever you start plotting these acts of revenge.”

“We can play your games better than you. “Mina shows Sana her tongue that makes the older girl pout.

Jihyo and Dahyun cannot help but let out loud laughs that make the friends turn to look at them. 

“You all really are a family.” Jihyo says between chuckles and Dahyun nods eagerly.”Yeah! like sisters who constantly annoy each other but never forgetting the deep care.” 

The friends exchange looks and smiles but Mina is the one who decides to talk. “We’ve known each other since kids and stayed together until now so yeah..we’re more like family now.” 

“Awwww Minari.” Sana says with a happy smile as she takes Mina’s hands with care. 

“She only said the truth.” Tzuyu chuckles and looks at them with gentle eyes. “We’ve been through bad and good times together, fights, defeats, smiles, tears…everything, and honestly? I wouldn’t change them for anything.” 

“Oh dear god.” Jeongyeon sniffs and grabs Tzuyu’s face managing to hug her even though there’s a table between them. “We adore you so much, baby Tzuyu.” 

“I’m not a baby!” Tzuyu blushes and tries to separate from Jeongyeon but when Mina and Sana also join the hug she sighs. 

“Of course, you are!” Sana giggles and Mina nods making the ice hero only look aside, hearing Jihyo and Dahyun soft laughs, she cannot help but let out a tiny smile.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu walks through the park as she snuggles her face in her turtle-neck blouse, after she gave mina a ride to her office and lets Jeongyeon and Sana with their ‘almost- girlfriends’ she decided she needed a night walk.

“Wendy said Irene is still refusing to say information…and only flirts with her.” Tzuyu raises her eyebrow because of her last sentence still walking and thinking about these past days. “Maybe we will get information if we capture someone of her gang…”

She stops when she notices a familiar stream and cannot help but smile slightly, she sits in front of it and watches the water passing calmly.

There are no voices around only the water sound and her calm breathing. 

“Tzuyu?” 

The ice hero opens her eyes when she recognizes the voice immediately and turns to look at Nayeon looking at her with surprised eyes, her red hoodie combining perfectly with her auburn brown hair.

A bark makes them jump and Tzuyu then notices a dog sitting calmly beside Nayeon, she remembers that dog, is the one that greeted her so eagerly when she was outside the company. 

“Hi” Tzuyu finally says with a smile and Nayeon smiles slightly approaching the ice hero with the big dog. 

“I didn’t think you would be here.” Nayeon says as she sits beside Tzuyu, closer than other times but letting some space between them, which is quickly filled with the big dog laying there.

“I needed a night walk.” Tzuyu says with a smile as she turns to look at the stream. “These days have been quite…busy.” 

“Chaeyoung told me about the villains.” Nayeon says as she purses her lips. 

“Yeah…that and the company has been quite difficult too.” Tzuyu adds and thinks. “But not so much since Jieun-unnie has been helping me a lot and having Chaeyoung helping us with the villains is handy too, and honestly…all of that is not the main reason for my night walk.” 

Nayeon turns to look at her with a curious raised brow. “Why?” 

“Investors and also fixing a mess from years ago.” Tzuyu comments with a tired voice. “Seriously that company didn’t fall because of my grandma and my assistant, because it was a mess when I arrived.” 

Nayeon frowns slightly and raises a curious eyebrow. “Can I ask you something?” 

Tzuyu turns to look at Nayeon with surprise and nods slowly. “Sure?”

“Wouldn’t be easier if you just focused on one thing?” Nayeon says with a careful tone not wanting to pass her limits.

The ice hero lets out a light chuckle and turns to look at the stream with thoughtful eyes. “Probably, but I can’t stop doing both things...I like the company now that I’ve been working more there and being a hero is definitely something I wouldn’t drop.”

“Why?” Nayeon asks with deep curiosity, after getting to know Tzuyu even more, she can’t deny she is insanely curious about why is she a hero even when it looks like it’s a thought and demanding ‘work’.

“It’s what I love to do the most.” Tzuyu says with a smile. “Sure, it is difficult sometimes, the training, missions, sleepless nights, tough villains...but I want to use my power to protect the innocent, the ones who cannot protect themselves from the villains and even though I didn’t have a quirk, I would still want to be a hero, I just...hate the idea of not doing something against bad people, I want to give justice to the ones who deserve it, I want people to live a calm life, knowing they have someone who takes care of them.

Nayeon opens her eyes with surprise when she hears Tzuyu’s words and looks at her determined eyes, she cannot help but smile thinking that as always the hero is so trueborn…

“Even though...you get hurt?” Nayeon asks with a low tone.

The hero chuckles. “Believe me that is the last thing on my mind whenever is about saving someone, my body moves first and I don’t care about the injuries, as long as people are safe.”

Nayeon smiles even more but also with worry, she looks at the trail and narrows her eyes thinking. “Her body moves first huh….I think...I can understand that.”

“Anyways.” Tzuyu says with a light chuckle and turns to look at Nayeon’s attentive brownish-green orbs. “How have you been?” 

Nayeon feels her heart skip a beat when Tzuyu links eyes with her and mentally curses herself but only bites her inner cheek before speaking. “Fine, I guess? Tired but well, I’m used to that.” 

Tzuyu tilts her head with curiosity and Nayeon smiles slightly thinking how she can tell Tzuyu a few things but not reveal everything. “Training is not easy and these days it got worse.” 

“And that’s because I don’t wanna do it anymore…and also because of you ice cub jerk.” Nayeon thinks as she purses her lips

“Why don’t you rest?” Tzuyu suggests with a worried smile. “If you overdo you can hurt yourself.” 

Nayeon does her best to mask her surprise and bites her lower lip to hide her smile. “I would love to but…” 

The older girl then purses her lips and looks away to look down and pat the dog’s head, as if that act would help her to feel better and calmer. “I can’t.”

Tzuyu frowns with worry and her thought of Nayeon working for someone only grows. “Why?...”

“I’m sorry but... I cannot tell you.” Nayeon turns to look at Tzuyu with a sad smile that makes the hero feel her heart clench. 

The hero only purses her lips, she wonders what she can do to help Nayeon, she definitely doesn’t like it when Nayeon looks sad. 

That thought makes her blink with surprise and frown. “I don’t like seeing her sad…that’s because now she is important for me, yeah…”

Shaking her head internally she looks at Nayeon again who has an unreadable expression on her face as she keeps petting the dog, Tzuyu doesn’t know why. 

But Nayeon also seems to be relaxed? Even though the girl’s emotions are sometimes a mystery for Tzuyu she can see how Nayeon’s expression despite everything is calm. 

What Tzuyu doesn’t know is that Nayeon feels calm because she is around, because she has become an escape place. 

At first, she used to come to this stream because it was her safe place, and she could imagine how her life would be if she wasn’t a villain. 

After meeting Tzuyu and getting to know and experience how normal and peaceful her life would be if she only was Im Nayeon.

It’s getting difficult to keep with all this ‘I’m a villain’ thing, a thing she didn’t start but accept it with open arms because all the despise she believed to have for heroes.

But now that she doesn’t feel that and feels even more nauseous after seeing her acquaintance’s happy faces after hearing people screaming or shiny eyes as they look robed jewelry.

Now that she has finally let her true feelings show, everything is tiring and confusing.

She can totally understand, even more, when Momo snaped about being tired.

Is only a matter of time, before she snaps too. 

Before she finally breaks.

But not today.

Today she will only focus on the calm she is now used to feel whenever she is with Tzuyu. 

She takes a deep breath and her thoughts abandon her head, for now, she doesn’t even notice Chocolate, the big dog is now laying beside Tzuyu, his muzzle is on Tzuyu’s thigh sleeping with a calm expression. 

“Even chocolate relaxes around you…” Nayeon thinks and cannot help but chuckle internally. 

“It looks comfortable doesn’t it?” her inner voice says in a teasing tone. “I bet you would love to exchange places with chocolate, as if you haven’t been thinking about all the sweet and honest words she said to you” 

What? No!” Nayeon answers with a slight blush covering her cheeks. 

You’re blushiniiig.” The voice teases between laughs. 

“I’m not! I-it’s just that I’ve been using my quirk too much…”Nayeon lies internally. 

“Yeah, no one believes that, but I don’t blame you though, she is insanely pretty and a complete package, totally worthy” 

“Ugh, just shut up please.” 

Nayeon only shakes her head and takes a deep breath before looking at Tzuyu who has her eyes fixed on the trail, seeming to have her own fight with her thoughts.

The hero is currently thinking about what Nayeon told her a few days ago and now. “She told me she has been thinking why does she keep doing this villain thing…maybe that thought…and the training is what makes her tired.” 

“I wish I could…help her.” Tzuyu purses her lips as she thinks. “maybe I can do something? To brighten her mood or maybe help her to relax?” 

Tzuyu keeps thinking and thinking that she doesn’t even notice Nayeon has been blinking tiredly and even dozing off.

Only when her eyes barely notice Nayeon almost falling on the opposite side she snaps from her bubble and catches her with her left arm holding Nayeon’s shoulder.

Tzuyu can feel her heart racing fast when she feels how close she is from Nayeon but decides to ignore it.

The hero is about to speak when she notices Nayeon has fallen asleep and when she narrows her eyes, she can see visible dark circles under the older girl’s eyes.

Frowning with worry Tzuyu looks at Nayeon’s sleeping but tired face, thinking. “She is completely exhausted…her training must be too hard for her and those dark circles…is something haunting her mind or is also because of the training?”

The hero slightly grips Nayeon’s shoulder and purses her lips, whispering. “You worry me…what can I do? I wanna help you…”

Tzuyu only lets out a long sigh and holds Nayeon closer to her, letting the tired woman’s head rest on her shoulder, she hears the dog whining as he is worried for Nayeon too and pets the dog with a sad smile. “I know buddy…I know…”

Putting her head on Nayeon’s, Tzuyu closes her eyes hearing Nayeon’s calm breathe and the faint sound of the wind, her hand never leaves Nayeon’s shoulder. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Momo looks at the clock and groans as she munches her food angrily, in ten minutes she has to go and do a robbery, this time a bank, more stolen money, more guilt for her.

“Because you keep permitting this.” Her inner voice speaks and Momo cannot help but slam a fist in the table, almost breaking it, she has been avoiding the pills Sunmi gave to them wanting to hear more the voice, but sometimes she regrets it

“I KNOW DAMMIT!” Momo raises her voice and groans, feeling even angrier because the voice speaks the truth.

The truth of what a coward is she. 

She doesn’t finish her plate of food as she gets up and goes to her room, grabbing the blue and black card  she takes a deep breath and presses it, until she has her costume on, she looks at herself in the mirror finding her face covered with a mask made from the costume, like Nayeon’s.

Putting on the hoodie her costume has to cover her black hair, Momo grits her teeth and makes a fist.

“The day when I can finally destroy this costume will come soon…” 

Momo speaks with a strong voice, a strong voice that still… lacks determination. 

-----------------------------------------

She successfully sneaks in the bank, putting the money her aunt asked in a bag with tired arms and she stops for a moment looking at the wad of cash, debating whether she should complete this mission or not.

Momo only lets out a loud sigh and shakes her head with deception as she finishes her mission and successfully sneaks out before the bank alarm functions again.

She jumps from the building roof to another one until the screams of people make her turn around to look at what is happening beneath her.

Momo widens her eyes when she sees Mina fighting alone with a tall man whose hands are made from steel inside of a building that is from a company that sells chemicals

She recognizes that man, is from one of the gangs they robbed days ago, so he must’ve been sent to rob more.

Momo grips the bag with money as she keeps looking from the roof Mina visibly struggling because she cannot touch the man’s neck or face.

She freezes thinking about what she should do, should she help? Should she turn around even though she doesn’t want to?

Momo keeps thinking and thinking until she sees the man throwing Mina to the ground and Mina makes a pained expression.

Widening her blue eyes as she sees Mina’s eyebrows frown and grit her teeth as she grabs her arm in the ground and the villain laughing sardonically…

That was the last straw she needed.

She doesn’t even think twice as she jumps and breaks the building window with a strong kick.

The villain looks at her with a surprised expression when she steps in front of Mina, she cannot see Mina’s shocked face as she tries to get up.

“ off Stormwater! this is MY building!” The villain yells at Momo with anger and points at Mina. “SHE IS MY PREY TOO, NOT YOURS!”

“Prey?” Momo’s voice sounds quiet but full of silent fury as she starts walking towards the tall man. “The only prey here is you.” 

Momo is fast, faster than when she attacks heroes and the villain doesn’t even see the water whip that punched him on the chest.

His back collides with the wall, breaking it in the process as he lets out a pained groan and barely manages to cover his face when Momo tries to punch him, her hands protected by water, she retreats with a back stunt waiting for the man’s move.

As expected, the man gets even angrier and tries to go after Momo, but the girl easily dodges his attacks with flexible moves as she hits him with her water whips and even lands a strong kick on his face. 

Mina is looking at all the scene with wide eyes she doesn’t know what to do she was waiting for the villain to approach and fall in her trap to finally touch his face but Stormwater-M appeared out of nowhere and started to fight him.

But why is Stormwater-M so angry? She even heard a different tone from her usual almost inaudible tone. 

Is it because maybe they have beef with each other? From what the man said to Stormwater-M and how she talked to him.

It must be because the man was so calm and collected until Stormwater-M arrived, he lost control at that moment. 

Weird to see villains lose control like them, but Mina is not going to do the effort to understand them.

However, the way Stormwater-M is attacking the man is making her feel confused and even more shocked than she was, she has never seen the villain girl attack so furiously and strong.

“Has she been playing with us all this time?” Mina thinks with worry. “Or maybe she is like that because she is angry?”

Momo then punches the man’s face so hard Mina swears she can hear his jaw broke, chaining the man’s hands with water as he keeps coughing blood, Momo approaches to him and grabs his hair roughly, she approaches the man’s ear, her voice sounds furiously strong. “Listen motherer…If I see you touching even a single hair from her…I will break your hands so ing hard that you will never be able to use that stupid quirk of yours…”

The man can only cough more blood and look at Momo with a challenging look 

“I don’t like it when someone takes my preys…” Momo lies to not arouse suspicion and grips the man’s hair harder and looks at him with furious eyes, covered with her mask. “Don’t challenge me…or it will end even worse…” 

The man seems like he wants to move but Momo kicks him hard on his stomach and that was the last hit he needed to fall unconscious on the ground. 

“Weak .” Momo mutters and then looks up finding a silent and frowning Mina who seems surprised but also ready to receive Momo’s attacks.

Her anger is now forgotten, and she only smiles sadly, right now she is Mina’s enemy… why would she wait for her gummy smile? Or her soft hugs? 

Momo can only limit herself to smile, relieved to see that Mina is not too injured, and that’s what matters the most.

The pain of her heart is not important, the urge to go and hug Mina tight and pepper her with kisses is not important…

So Momo swallows hard and when she sees Mina running to her she looks at Mina’s fierce look and only smiles weakly behind her mask, raising a hand to make a water shield she takes the bag with money that was on the ground and disappears as fast as she arrived. 

Even when Mina tries to follow her with her floating quirk, she loses Stormwater-M track leaving the chestnut with confused and troubling emotions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Surprise! C: thanks to the free time I had yesterday and today I managed to finish two chapters (Altough I still have homework but I got too inmersed and here we are lol)

Sooo, problems are going to bloom soon, I wonder how? Hmmmmm (but feelings are bloosoming too *winks*)

I hope you can rest, eat and sleep well! Cx 

See you later!