Just about chocolate

Ignited Freedom

“I…I can explain.” Momo said with a hurried small voice as she hurriedly got off Mina, Mina’s face full of shock as her onyx eyes shimmer with different emotions per second, hurt, confusion, deception…

“All the time…It has been you…every time you got nervous when I talked about villains…” Mina says with a whisper “That’s why whenever we fought you didn’t hit me…”

Mina grits her teeth as anger takes over her voice. “Why?! How could you?! Were you undercover trying to make me fall in love with you like a trap?! THAT’S IT?!”

“NO! My feelings for you are real! Just let me-“ Momo says in a desperate tone as she tries to approach Mina.

But Mina steps back.

“Let you what Momo?!” Mina spits with venom as she keeps gritting her teeth. “Make me understand why you couldn’t say since the start?!”

“WOULD YOU HAVE LET ME BE BY YOUR SIDE IF YOU KNEW?!”

Momo unexpectedly raises her voice louder than before making Mina open her eyes wide after hearing her words.

Even though Mina tries to open to deny what Momo said, she can’t

She would be lying if she did...

And Momo knows it.

“…Exactly..you wouldn’t” Momo says with a whisper that Mina hears clearly. “I just…wanted to live a normal life and-“

“You are a villain… you will never live a normal life.”

Momo opens her eyes with shock, Mina’s eyes shining with anger and hurt, tears threatening to fall from her beautiful onyx eyes.

Momo can feel a great pain piercing her chest as she looks down, she can feel the tears rolling down her cheeks.

If anyone told her those words, of course, it would have hurt.

But hearing Mina saying them…it’s certainly worse.

Just then, her head starts to hurt, but this time it’s different, it feels like someone is kicking her head, hard.

A rush of memories she can’t even see clearly fill her head, like a speeding train, it’s so much information she can’t keep up even when she tries to.

As if something broke inside her head and the memories rushed into her.

Momo lets out a loud scream that is filled with pain as she holds her head, making Mina open her eyes wider as ever, she feels chills down her spine after hearing Momo’s scream.

The black-haired girl keeps holding her head as she groans loudly, falling on her knees as she writhes in pain, a bottle of pills falls from her costume.

“What’s...t-this…. I...broke it...but...it...it...hurts!!” Momo says between gasps and groans as she keeps writhing.

Mina is completely frozen in her place as she keeps looking with horror at how Momo keeps suffering, but how!? she didn’t use her quirk and even if she did, she would not torture Momo this way.

The chestnut finally has some courage as she tries to approach Momo but a kick in her stomach leaves her breathless as she is again surrounded by Seulgi’s clones.

Momo finally passes out but before she can fall to the ground Seulgi catches her, carrying her friend as she tries to escape. “HANG IN THERE MOMO! I can’t let you get captured! We have to stop her.”

When Mina is free from Seulgi’s clones she clicks her tongue with anger as she notices there are no signs of Momo and Seulgi.

----------------------------------------------

“She has been in her room since you brought her yesterday….I know she is awake already but she doesn’t want to talk.” Nayeon says as she turns to see Seulgi with a deeply worried look, they’re on the apartment roof as the sun starts to show up. “Did you know what Sunmi did to her?”

Seulgi shakes her head as she lets out a loud sigh. “She closed the door before I could see, but I don’t think that is the reason why she doesn’t want to talk, you know…”

“Well...her identity got revealed it makes sense why she doesn’t even want to say a word…” Nayeon frowns with worry.

We both know it’s more than that Nayeon.” Seulgi lets out a chuckle that makes Nayeon raise her eyebrow. “I managed to hear her fighting with that hero girl, the Wisdom Queen...what’s her name? Mina, right?”

“I must say I was surprised but not entirely, that explained why Momo was so scared when Sunmi told us she was after her team.” Seulgi says with a half-smile.

Nayeon opens her eyes wide and before she can speak, Seulgi speaks. “Of course I noticed, you are lucky I was the only one noticing it, you and Momo would be toast if Yeri or Sooyoung noticed your scaredy-cat eyes.”

The brownish green-eyed girl purses her lips as she looks aside, Seulgi lets out a sigh. “I don’t know who you are close to or even more of that team but I’m not here to judge.”

Nayeon opens her eyes with surprise as she meets Seulgi’s faint smile. “What?”

I mean, they’re pretty hot not gonna lie, especially Chou, when I fought with her I saw her up close, and man, what a cutie.” Seulgi lets out a dreamy sigh.

“Yeah...she is” Nayeon’s face betrays her, even though she is not jealous of hearing Seulgi’s words, it’s not the first time she has heard someone drool over Tzuyu’s beauty, however, part of her doesn’t feel the same.

Seulgi covers as she snorts and Nayeon speaks. “What is so funny?”

“Your face told me everything I needed to know!” Seulgi says between laughs as she holds her belly after laughing. “You need to be more subtle!”

Nayeon rolls her eyes with a slight blush, which makes Seulgi let out a silent chuckle again, but she stops chuckling and turns serious. “..returning to Momo’s issue...she passed out but I didn’t tell you yesterday how”

Nayeon turns to look at Seulgi with seriously worried eyes as she listens attentively. “What do you mean?”

“It seems like something triggered Momo...but she let out the most painful scream I’ve ever heard, she was holding her head before she passed out, I don’t know if Myoui played with her emotions, but I doubt it, she was frozen in her place when I returned, she looked scared of Momo’s state.” Seulgi explains as she meets Nayeon’s shocked eyes. “That’s why I went to see Sunmi, whatever happened to Momo, I just knew it wasn’t something a normal doctor could tell me or even cure, if it was something else.”

Nayeon blinks with astonishment as she narrows her eyes and purses her lips, Seulgi got a point and it was pretty clever to take Momo with Sunmi even though they’re trying to stop her, who knows what could have happened to Momo if Seulgi didn’t take her with Sunmi…

“It may be related to the voices...and the memories...but I don’t know if the chestnut did something before Seulgi arrived…” Nayeon bites her lower lip, thinking. “And if she did, why Momo let out such a painful scream?... I guess maybe the voice can tell me something...because I doubt Sunmi would tell me.”

“As much as I don't like Sunmi putting a hand on my sister after knowing her true nature... she knows a lot about pretty much everything, so it was a good idea taking Momo to her” Nayeon let out a deep sigh. “But I guess she wasn’t happy when she saw Momo”

“I can say that was something she obviously didn’t like to see,” Seulgi says as she remembers. “Sunmi was so...mad and nervous? when I told her what happened...”

FLASHBACK

Seulgi enters the lair hurriedly as she keeps breathing heavily after carrying Momo all the way here, even though she didn’t want to, she knew there wasn’t anyone who could help her with Momo apart from Sunmi.

“Seulgi?” Sunmi appears in front of her with a frown as soon as she sees Momo in her arms. “What...happened to Momo?”

“After we destroyed what you told us, one hero appeared and she tried to stop us, I was destroying the remaining substance but Momo let out a scream I never heard before...she was holding back her head and it looked like it hurt...a lot.” Seulgi says with a calm voice hoping Sunmi believes her lie about the substance.

Which...hero was it?” Sunmi’s tone is deadly cold, making Seulgi have chills down her spine as she sees the woman’s silently furious green eyes.

“The...Wisdom Queen.” Seulgi says with a whisper trying to not let her voice tremble.

“Of all the heroes...why her!…with that annoying emotions quirk!” Sunmi grits her teeth as her eyes fill with nervously and fury, she takes Momo from Seulgi’s arms hurriedly as her heels echo in the lair, loudly and fast.

Seulgi tries to follow Sunmi but before she can enter the room where they cure their wounds, Sunmi closes the door on her face, letting Seulgi speechless.

END OF THE FLASHBACK

“She is not the type to let those types of emotions control her...and I wonder what she did to my sister…” Nayeon frowns with deep confusion and surprise, to think her aunt would act nervously...it’s something she can’t believe. “And why was she so fixed on the chestnut’s quirk?”

“We will only know if she wants to tell us because there’s no way in hell Sunmi will.” Seulgi frowns with worry as she hears her phone vibrating, taking out the device with a raised eyebrow. “I have to go to train with Sooyoung”

“I will go now.” Seulgi says as she looks at Nayeon from her shoulder. “Give Momo some time...maybe she will talk these days, I just hope she can accompany next week to the lair, I am close to getting the password of Sunmi’s big computer.”

Nayeon nods with a half-smile. “I will try to convince her.”

Seulgi smiles and before she jumps off the roof she turns to see Nayeon again. “And tell her I will be there if she needs anything, I consider you good friends, you know?”

Nayeon answers with a smile. “That goes for you too, Seul”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“Mina-unnie is at the lab again?” Tzuyu asks with a worried frown, she is in a video call with Jeongyeon and Sana who are training with Chaeyoung “She didn’t even come home yesterday”

“You know how she is, she must be dealing with something hard, she asked us to give her some space.” Jeongyeon says as she keeps looking at Chaeyoung who is practicing how to increase her fire temperature but also looking at Tzuyu. “These past days she has been practically living in the lab, she told me she is fine but fine my .

“It’s weird that she didn’t tell us the reason first this time before asking for space...maybe she broke up with the chef girl?” Sana says with a worried tone as she keeps holding her phone “She hasn’t mentioned her these days, and whenever I’m going to ask her about it it’s like she senses it and runs away.”

“It might be a possibility, Mina-unnie acts like this whenever she has a breakup.” Tzuyu says as she puts a hand on her jaw and remains silent but speaks after she remembers something “Or maybe something bothered her when she fought Stormwater-M three days ago?”

“Mmm yeah, that could be too, but she wasn’t angry after she fought with that villain.” Jeongyeon adds with a curious frown. “She was..confused? I don’t know, she acted weird since that day”

Tzuyu frowns with worry as she lets out a long sigh, after Mina fought with Stormwater-M she seemed lost, her face was almost unreadable, after that she locked herself in her room and maybe it was Tzuyu’s imagination but she heard some sobs coming from her room.

The leader can’t help but worry about her dear friend, however, she also knows Mina likes to have her own space even for days or weeks to sorts out her feelings.

“She usually tells us what happened and later asks for space, what happened to her this time?” Tzuyu thinks as she looks aside. “As Sana-unnie said, it’s weird.”

“Well, whatever it is, let's be patient until she tells us, okay?” Tzuyu says with a half-smile. “For now, we should just give her some time alone.”

“And maybe send her something yummy because that girl hasn’t been eating well these days.” Sana says with an angry pout that makes Jeongyeon and Tzuyu laugh.

“Yep, I will send something to the lab, she has to know we are going to be there, whenever she needs us.” Tzuyu says with a calm smile as the older girls nod smiling too.

“We have to go baby Tzu, see you at lunch.” Sana blows some kisses and Jeongyeon acts as if she is puking which makes Tzuyu laugh as she waves to the camera. “Byeee.”

Tzuyu puts aside her phone not before she searches for a specific contact, only to see the picture of a brownish green-eyed girl smiling brightly.

Tzuyu sighs as she closes her eyes remembering what happened in her apartment days ago.

FLASHBACK

Nayeon seems to calm down a little as she slowly separates from Tzuyu’s embrace, she seems calmer and lets out a tiny smile when she feels Tzuyu’s delicate fingers removing the remaining tears in her eyes.

“Thank you.” Nayeon says almost like a whisper making Tzuyu smile softly. “You don’t have to thank me for anything...I like to be here, for you.”

Nayeon can’t help but show her a wide smile showing those bunny teeth that Tzuyu absolutely adores.

“Every time she smiles like that I wanna shower her face with kisses.” Tzuyu thinks but then looks aside, feeling her cheeks warming. “Ugh...what do I do with these thoughts? I have to calm down”

Tzuyu can feel her cheeks getting even warm when she feels Nayeon leaning her head on her chest.

The ice hero swears she is having a really hard time trying to make her heart relax and beat normally not like it’s running a marathon.

“I remembered...my mother’s voice.”

Tzuyu opens her eyes wide open when she hears Nayeon’s words, she looks down as she remains silent, only listening to the older girl.

“It’s pretty funny you know? I don’t even remember how she looked, as time passed I started to forget more about her...about them...even though they just disappeared or whatever happened to them...I was angry at them for so much time…” Nayeon’s voice is calm but at the same time it sounds so dreary and Tzuyu looks at her with calm but dreary eyes as she keeps listening. “I think they disappeared in my mind too...at some point.”

“It’s funny that even though I didn’t wanna know anything when I was younger...I’m curious now...what did she look like? Did she have blue eyes like my sisters? or she had brownish green eyes like mine?...was she tall?...” Nayeon whispers but Tzuyu can hear her well.

Tzuyu slowly hugs Nayeon’s head as she starts the auburn brown hair with gentle fingers, listening to Nayeon as she hears the girl’s deep sigh and at some point, Nayeon relaxes so much that she falls asleep in Tzuyu’s chest, the ice hero can hear her soft snores.

The ice hero opens her eyes with surprise when Nayeon unconsciously grabs her shirt, as if she is fearing Tzuyu might leave, even in her sleep.

Tzuyu cannot help but kiss softly Nayeon’s forehead as she whispers.

“I told you didn’t I?...I will stay.

Tzuyu stays still as she holds Nayeon close to her chest, the minutes keep passing and her eyes start to get sleepy the more she listens to Nayeon’s calm breath.

She wishes she could have these types of moments with Nayeon every day, even if the thought makes her blush.

However, their bubble pops out when Nayeon’s phone starts to ring, Nayeon groans as she searches for her phone in her pocket, and with an annoyed frown, she separates from Tzuyu, when she reads the message her expression turns to a confused one as she lets out a sigh.

Nayeon only tells her Kang Seulgi sent her a message to come home because it was important, but the girl didn't tell her why.

The older girl whispers a thank you giving Tzuyu a tight hug, Tzuyu can feel her warm cheeks against Nayeon’s pink ones as she keeps hugging the older girl.

When Nayeon starts to separate, Tzuyu swears she almost felt her heart-shaped lips on her cheek but maybe it was just her heart overly excited.

Or maybe it wasn’t, not after Nayeon looks aside with an evident blush and starts to walk to the door looking at Tzuyu again before getting out of the apartment.

END OF THE FLASHBACK.

Tzuyu puts a hand on her cheek, narrowing her eyes as she can feel the evident warmth of her blush, her heart is beating fast too, which makes her groan.

“I wanted that kiss on my cheek...goddamn.” Tzuyu whispers and puts her hand on her eyes. “Seriously...she is almost all the time in my mind.”

“It doesn’t feel real, we were enemies two months ago and now we...we…” Tzuyu purses her lips in a tiny smile as she shakes her head.

The ice hero stops smiling when she also remembers the sad tone in Nayeon’s voice as she told her about remembering her mother’s voice.

“I can only imagine how difficult it must be to remember something like that.” The ice hero sighs with a troubled and worried face. “To remember the voice of one of the persons who abandoned you at such a young age…”

“I will never understand why they did such a thing...I don’t care if Nayeon is a villain...no one deserves to be thrown away like garbage.” Tzuyu sighs with anger as she looks at her window with a frown, deep inside her thoughts.

“It has always been a weird story for us.”

“Did they really disappear and throw away their children like that? Why did they do it?”

“I guess that’s one of the reasons I cannot hate them…since no one knows what the true story is.”

Tzuyu narrows her eyes as she keeps thinking about Nayeon’s words, it’s not her business, but her gut tells her something there doesn’t add up.

Sure, there are a lot of bad and horrible parents out there, but who would abandon three children outside an orphanage?

Maybe they couldn’t afford to have them anymore? Or they didn’t want them?

Or….something happened to them?

“Even our aunt doesn’t know entirely what happened, and even though we have tried to search them, there’s nothing about them…”

Does her aunt really doesn’t know?...

Tzuyu puts her hand on as she frowns. “Her aunt...she is a really dangerous person, even if Nayeon is trying to discover her plan and stop her...the fact she tried to kill me and the team using Jessica’s gang…”

“That woman must be hiding something, even though I don’t know her...she is clearly made from a different wood, so different from Nayeon’s…” Tzuyu bites her lower lip. “A true and a very dangerous villain..of course, she has to know the truth...”

“But I can’t know if my gut feeling is accurate until Nayeon discovers her plan…” Tzuyu rubs her temples and an image of a smiling Nayeon crosses her mind, making her dig her fingers in her chair.

“I just want you to be...far from all that environment...where you have to be something you don’t want to…” The ice hero whispers with a worried tone.

Tzuyu’s bubble of thoughts stops abruptly when she hears someone knocking on the door.

The ice hero quickly arranges her posture and acts calmly. “Come in.”

Jieun enters her office and Tzuyu cannot help but frown when she sees her assistant with a bucket of flowers and some documents in her hands, she also doesn’t miss to see the dark circles under Jieun’s brownish-green eyes.

The ice hero cannot help but think, it has been some days since she saw those dark circles and even noticed Jieun looks even more tired, at first she thought it was because she was absent for some days after fighting with Jessica and Jieun had more work to do, but now she doesn’t think that’s the main reason after those dark circles.

“Good morning Jieun-unnie.” Tzuyu greets first and forgets about the formal language they keep in-office hours. “You seem to not be sleeping well lately.”

“Good morning, Tzuyu.” Jieun greets as she puts the documents and the flowers on Tzuyu’s desk, making the hero raise an eyebrow when she sees the flowers, the older woman seems to be a little bit nervous after what Tzuyu said. “Yes, I’ve had some...things to do lately...my sleep schedule is a little messy right now.”

“A good amount of sleep is crucial, I can give you some days off if you want.” Tzuyu asks with a concerned frown.

Jieun quickly waves her hands in denial. “Nono, I appreciate your worry but it’s okay really.”

Tzuyu sends her a not convinced look but decides to not insist, she signals the flowers instead. “I remember I told you to tell the investors and acquaintances I won’t accept flowers after my successful recovery, even though I appreciate the gesture.”

Jieun seems to be even more nervous now which makes Tzuyu frown, was her tone too serious? Why is Jieun so nervous around her?

“I...apologize, this investor was very insisting too much...but I will take the flowers and throw them away.” Jieun explains with a nervous cough as she takes the flower bucket.

Tzuyu raises a curious eyebrow when she tries to meet Jieun’s eyes but she avoids her look. “Thanks...I don’t like throwing away this type of presents, but the situation requires it.”

Jieun only nods in understanding and shows Tzuyu a half-smile. “I left some important documents on your desk, if you don’t need something else I will return to my office.”

Tzuyu hums with a questioning look as she keeps analyzing Jieun. “Yes... that would be all, thank you.”

The older woman turns around and walks hurriedly from Tzuyu’s office, leaving the younger girl confused.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

“Momo! it’s been three days! Get out of that room!” Nayeon says in front of Momo’s room as she puts her hands on her hips.

Still no response, she sighs.

“Momo? Chaeyoung went to train, you sure don’t wanna talk?”

Again, Nayeon only receives silence.

“Did Sunmi do something to you?...anything? Please tell me, did she hurt you?” Nayeon asks with a dead worried tone. “Momo-!”

“She didn’t hurt me I guess”

Nayeon blinks with shock as she hears her sister speaking for the first time in four days. “Then why-”

“I don’t remember what happened in the lair, I was unconscious, but... '' Momo says, as she keeps hiding in her duvet with troubled and puffy eyes after crying this morning too.

“Before I passed out...I saw a rush of memories...it felt weird…it hurt...” Momo says in a low tone.

“It was like...something broke in my head and let them inside.”

“Something broke?!... The voice mentioned something like that...well my inner self… will it be the same Momo is referring to?” Nayeon thinks and opens her eyes wide as she keeps listening to her sister with attention, she doesn’t want to pressure Momo, so she stays silent.

“I’ve been trying to speak to that voice...the one I told you before...but I can’t hear it.” Momo says and frowns. “Sunmi might have given me those pills again…”

“She said they are to stop the headache we always had…” Nayeon looks aside with a frown. “But I don’t know if that’s their only purpose…”

“I don’t know.” Momo sighs and narrows her eyes, frowning. “She must know what this voice is, I doubt she doesn’t know”

Nayeon purses her lips. “She must know...but.” the older girl frowns when she remembers what her voice told her. “The voice I have...she said it’s a missing part of me.”

Momo turns to look at the door with a shocked look, so Nayeon has that voice too?

The blue-eyed girl has so many questions inside her head but Nayeon’s words make her frown with great confusion. “a missing part?”

“Yeah.” Nayeon purses her lips. “But... I don’t think something is missing in me?”

Nayeon looks at the ground blinking as she remembers the different memories she has regained in all this time.

When they fought Sunmi...When she went to search for Momo because she escaped from her house...her mother’s voice…

“Or maybe the voice is right…” Nayeon bites her lips and thinks. “Does the inner me know what’s behind those moments I didn’t remember?....”

“What does she know that I don't?” Nayeon whispers but Momo’s voice interrupts her, remembering what she was doing before she got immersed in her thoughts.

“I think your voice might be right.” Momo says as she looks at the ceiling with a deep look. “I don’t know what your voice has told you...but they seem to know things that we don’t...but if my voice talks too much I get a headache...so I can’t ask much.”

“Me neither...I get a headache too.” Nayeon then frowns and looks at the door again. “Did your voice speak to you when you were fighting with...Mina?”

Momo then feels a sting in her heart when she hears the chestnut’s name, quickly closing her eyes. “No...I don’t know why my head hurt so much…”

Nayeon notices there’s a change in Momo’s tone and she can’t help but sigh sadly.

The older girl tries to change the subject even though the voice's topic is important, her sister’s feelings come first. “How...are you um...feeling about her?”

Momo snuggles in her bed as she starts to feel her eyes watery, remembering that horrendous fight...

The words Mina said, her eyes...that look she gave to her…

She keeps remembering and remembering non-stop, it doesn’t matter if it hurts like a knife cutting her heart in two.

She believes that’s the punishment she needed, for her past actions, lies...cowardice.

Nayeon purses her lips with sadness when she hears nothing but silence.

Someone else might think Momo is just quiet or even sleeping.

But Nayeon knows that’s not the case.

“She is crying in silence…” The older girl thinks as she looks at the door before her, she keeps thinking, whether she should say something or just leave.

The older girl takes a deep breath and closes her eyes for a moment.

Momo might not even want to listen, but she still wants to say her true feelings to her.

She wants to let her sister know, she is there for her no matter what.

“...I don’t judge you for not telling her, I know why you didn’t tell her even though you wanted to…” Nayeon starts with a soft voice, hoping Momo hears her. “We changed Momo, if we were the same manipulated girls I know you wouldn’t have even liked her...she helped you to realize isn’t it?”

Momo doesn’t answer but Nayeon continues.

“I have someone like that too.” Nayeon whispers and takes a deep breath speaking even clearer.“She might not believe you changed...but you did Momo and that needed courage, any change needs it, and not everyone has the guts to change…”

“it wasn’t easy to see what we already knew...but we did it, didn’t we? Better late than never.” Nayeon lets out a silent smile as she closes her eyes for a moment.

“I want you to know that you have my support and you don’t need neither my nor anyone’s permission to date her... you can do whatever you want, I’ll be with you”

“I’m your older sis, after all, I won’t abandon you neither today nor ever.” Nayeon gets up and looks at the door again with a tiny smile as she turns around “I will protect you even from Sunmi, as I promised.”

A pair of glazy and puffy blue eyes look at Nayeon’s back as the older girl keeps walking away, Momo can’t help but feel tears rolling down her cheeks again.

And for the first time in three days, those tears are of relief mixed with tiny happiness.

A relief that has definitely helped Momo.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Should I ask Momo if she has some memories like the ones I recovered?” Nayeon thinks as she looks at the plate with the watermelon she cut but still hasn’t touched yet.

“She is dealing with a lot right now, I don’t wanna put some pressure on her...and I think I already asked important things but still…” Nayeon keeps thinking as she puts a hand on her jaw. “Maybe she could help me to clear this uncertainty…”

But before Nayeon can keep debating, she hears the door opening and Chaeyoung’s cheerful voice. “I’m home!”

Nayeon forgets about what was tormenting her and stands up to welcome Chaeyoung with a warm hug. “Hello there! How was your training?”

“It was cool! I’m getting close to increasing my fire temperature” Chaeyoung walks to the kitchen putting a bag of food on the table and grabbing a watermelon slice. “I have more practice with my water quirk since Jeong-unnie helped me to control it, but I still need to train my fire quirk.”

“It’s like I can control 70% of my water quirk and 60% of my fire quirk.” Chaeyoung munches the watermelon. “I wish I could have some good control like the unnies but I’m still a novice hero”

“You got a lot better in these two months, for a novice hero I think you are a special case.” Nayeon pats Chaeyoung’s head gently as she looks at her with proud eyes. “And it’s not because you are my sister.”

Chaeyoung keeps munching the watermelon with a shy smile and nods, she likes to hear her older sisters complimenting and cheering her, although it’s something they have always done.

“Oh, that’s right!” Chaeyoung extends the bag of food to Nayeon with a smile. “Tzuyu bought this for you two.” The younger girl shows Nayeon some roast beef and spicy noodles. “she remembered that I told her you almost burned my mouth with those spicy noodles, she has a really good memory!”

“And she also told me to give you this report about my progress.” Chaeyoung handles Nayeon a couple of notes with a wide smile as she grabs the roast beef. “I will try to give this to Momo-unnie, is she still in her room?”

Nayeon grabs the notes and nods with a half-smile. “Yeah...she is still um..not at her best.”

“Maybe the meat will cheer her up!” Chaeyoung says with a bright grin making Nayeon let out a chuckle as she looks at her little sister running to Momo’s room, although she knows Momo will accept the meat and even talk to Chaeyoung, she has a soft spot for her, well, Nayeon would be lying if she said she doesn’t have one too.

Nayeon starts to read the report, smiling when she sees nothing but good comments and even surprised ones about Chaeyoung’s progress.

When she finishes reading she carefully grabs the spicy noodles with a warm smile adorning her lips, the fact Tzuyu sent her food and remembered what she likes, even though if it's a tiny gesture, it means a lot to Nayeon, and even more, if it comes from Tzuyu.

The older girl can feel her heart beating with excitement even with the mere thought of the tall girl.

Nayeon cannot help but remember Tzuyu’s blushed and surprised face when she almost kissed Tzuyu’s cheek.

Nayeon curses herself because she didn’t have enough courage to do it.

“Shyness really got the best of me…” Nayeon lets out a long sigh feeling a blush in her cheeks. “Or maybe it was going to be too much…?”

“Unnie, are you gonna eat the noodles?” Chaeyoung pops out beside Nayeon making the older girl let out a surprised scream as she hugs the noodles to herself. “Jesus Christ! how long have you been there?”

“Um, just two seconds maybe?” Chaeyoung chuckles, it’s always fun to scare her older sister. “You don’t need to hug those noodles so tight, I’m not gonna eat them.”

Nayeon then realizes what she is doing and lets the noodles on the table, rolling her eyes. “I know kid, you can’t handle spicy things.”

Chaeyoung smiles and goes to the couch as Nayeon follows her. “I saw Momo-unnie when I gave her the beef”

“I knew Momo was gonna let her see.” Nayeon thinks and smiles as she sits beside the black-haired girl. “And your verdict is…?”

“A breakup, I’m hundred percent sure, I love her but she looked horrible.” Chaeyoung turns to see Nayeon with a worried look. “Maybe the things with the girl she was seeing or dating didn’t work out.”

Nayeon does her best to mask her real emotions and leans on the couch avoiding Chaeyoung’s eyes. “If it’s a breakup, this was a really bad one.”

“She looked like she cried her eyes out for the past two days.” Chaeyoung turns to see Nayeon again with a concerned frown and also an angry one. “I wanna know that girl’s name and address, I just wanna talk.”

Nayeon’s lips turn into a tight line as she looks aside, thinking. “If only you knew it was Myoui Mina, who I’m also guessing is not doing well because she discovered Momo, her maybe girlfriend is a villain…”

“What do you think if, for now, we just spoil her with food until she gets out of her room? Nothing that ice cream and chocolate cannot fix.” Nayeon slowly caresses Chaeyoung’s hair and Chaeyoung raises a curious eyebrow.

“You are...unusually calm about this, I thought I would find the entire apartment burned when you told me about Momo-unnie.” Chaeyoung chuckles. “But I’m happy to see you are a lot calmer now.”

Nayeon cannot mask her surprise as she smiles softly. “Well, it’s never too late for a good change, right? I cannot always let my emotions get the best of me, and what we would do if I burned the whole apartment when I don’t really know what happened to Momo?”

Chaeyoung hums making a thinking face until she finally chuckles and nods, hugging her sister with a tiny smile on her face.”I’m happy to see this good change in you, unnie.” Nayeon smiles and hugs Chaeyoung tightly, smiling warmly.

She stays like that for a couple of moments until something crosses her mind.

Does Chae remember their parents?...

Is it a good idea to ask?

“She was five...but I doubt she remembers...or maybe?” Nayeon thinks as she pats Chaeyoung’s back.

“Chae.” Nayeon calls and the girl hums in response. “Yeah?”

“Do you…” Nayeon wants to ask but the words don't come out of . “remember...”

Nayeon can feel how the words get heavier the more she is trying to let them out.

“if we have enough chocolate?” Nayeon bites her lip and closes her eyes as she was unable to ask Chaeyoung what she really wanted, she is afraid the question might make Chae remember their grim past.

“I will check!” Chaeyoung separates and cheerfully walks to the cupboard. “I thought you were going to ask something serious and it was only about chocolate!” the younger girl chuckles as she opens the fridge.

“Yeah…” Nayeon chuckles a little, pursing her lips after she lets out a long sigh. “Just about chocolate...”

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Hello! I’m so sorry for not updating until now I had my final exams and projects, I didn’t have enough time to write but I’m free now! ಥ_ಥ

I recently saw Twice is going to release a single and I cannot waitt omg

I hope you are doing well and healthy, please wear your masks and drink water c;

See you soon!