Weird but interesting

Ignited Freedom

Nayeon looks at the place in front of her with a frown that Tzuyu can’t decipher whether if the girl’s gaze it’s a bad one or a good one.

“What is this place?” The auburn-brown haired woman asks with a suspicious and curious tone turning to look at Tzuyu still frowning.

“A karaoke.” The tall woman says with a slight smile and extends Nayeon a cap and a normal white mask to cover and nose. “Here, I’m sure the press is not following us, but if you don’t want unnecessary attention, I suggest you wear it.”

The villain only squints her eyes taking the cap and the mask. “Is Dispatch following you or what?”

“More or less.” Tzuyu says with a frown remembering how annoying that company can be, but she decides to leave it aside and put a mask on her face too, signaling Nayeon with her head to follow her.

Nayeon follows her as she puts on the mask with a still suspicious frown, not trusting the hero fully, she looks around with watchful eyes.

The place looks normal and decorated with neon lights, there are not too many people in the halls, and she can see a couple of food machines.

She didn’t even notice Tzuyu separated from her for a moment to pay for a cabin and when the ice hero stands beside her is when she pops out from her bubble when Tzuyu taps her shoulder.

The hero signals her to follow her again without saying a word and Nayeon follows her quietly looking people inside the cabins laughing and singing, most of them are high schoolers and a few couples.

She bumps her face on Tzuyu’s back and is about to complain to the hero but she only frowns when Tzuyu turns around and lets her pass first to the cabin.

The fire villain enters with normal steps but in reality, she’s acting a little bit cautious, noticing the room has neon lights and a sofa along with a big TV and two microphones, it’s small but enough for two people.

The hero takes one microphone and lowers her mask, making proving her voice immediately noticing the eco. “hello? Check, check.”

Nayeon has to purse her lips and thank the mask because it’s quite funny to hear how Tzuyu’s voice sounds in the microphone and how is she testing the sound.

“Here.” Tzuyu says with her usual little smile extending the microphone to Nayeon and the villain takes it with slow but sure hands and analyzes it with a curious frown.

Tzuyu only lets out a light chuckle when she sees what Nayeon does and shakes her head softly but also frowns for a moment thinking. “Guiding me with her behavior and physical language, I can tell she wasn’t lying about never coming to karaoke or arcade…”

“She told me she had to work…but was she really working? Or she has been in this villain job since she was a teenager?” Tzuyu thinks as she narrows her eyes.

She decides to close her eyes for a moment and return to the reality, touching a tablet that is connected to the TV she searches for songs and looks at Nayeon for a moment who is looking around the cabin with curious eyes.

Tzuyu only lets out light smile again and puts a random song from Twice again, the song starts resounding in the cabin making Nayeon jump with surprise and turns to look at Tzuyu with a frown that only intensifies when she sees the hero laughing between her teeth because of the little jump Nayeon did.

Tzuyu only stops to turn to look at the TV and starts to sing surprising Nayeon and making the villain do a funny grimace as she looks at Tzuyu singing as if she was in a concert even closing her eyes singing with passion the high notes.

Nayeon can only look at her and lets out a chuckle but then starts laughing loud when she sees Tzuyu’s expressions and obvious funny tones, and even though she tries to cover she cannot stop laughing as she looks at Tzuyu acting like a clown.

Tzuyu hears Nayeon laughing and turns her head still singing to not let Nayeon see her wide eyes and smile because it’s the first time she hears a loud laugh coming from the villain, feeling that maybe this idea is going even better than she expected.

When the song stops Tzuyu puts another song and nods to Nayeon as if she was saying it’s the auburn-brown haired woman’s turn.

Nayeon looks aside for a moment and brings the microphone close to debating whether she should sing or not, will she have a bad voice? Will the hero make fun of her?

When her brownish-green eyes meet Tzuyu’s greyish black orbs that are only being playful and calm, she only smiles a little, knowing for a moment, that she can let her guard down…only for a moment.

So she starts singing and laughing between lines because the microphone makes her voice sound a little weird like it has eco but she continues.

Tzuyu only looks at her with a smile and notices that Nayeon is liking this, judging by the way she smiles while she sings and even the way her face looks a lot more relaxed than when she was in the car.

The hero joins to sing with Nayeon making the villain shot her a curious look that Tzuyu can bet it looks like a playful one, but she still doesn’t know Im Nayeon’s expressions enough to say.

The time passes fast but they can’t feel it, singing and singing between laughs and even some coughs because of how much time they’ve been singing, someone knocks the cabin door making them snap from their bubble abruptly.

Tzuyu is the one who after putting her mask again opens the door carefully and exchanges a few words with the karaoke staff.

When the hero turns to look at Nayeon she asks with a smile. “Hey, they’re asking if we want more time in the cabin, what do you think?”

Nayeon looks at Tzuyu with a doubtful look she even frowns a little seeming to have a debate in her head, like always.

“Should I? I don’t even know what time is it-“ Nayeon thinks but the voice inside her head speaks. “Why not? This is really fun! Who cares about the time?”

The auburn brown-haired woman smiles internally agreeing with her inner voice as she has been doing the past days. “You’re surprisingly right, I need some freedom.

“That’s the spirit!”

“Sure, why not?” Nayeon answers with a smile and Tzuyu answers with a surprised smile before turning to talk to the staff, after the hero finishes talking, she turns and grabs her mic again, pushing Nayeon when she notices she was choosing a song.

The villain opens her eyes surprised and with an indignant look noticing the hero playful smirk and she scoffs a laugh, pushing the hero when she starts singing making Tzuyu laugh surprised while she sings.

The time passes again and neither of them notices the night arrived until they’re walking out from the cabin and go to the karaoke cafeteria to get some frappes.

When Nayeon grabs her frappe and waits for Tzuyu while she orders her beverage, she looks at the window with wide eyes, and then with even wider eyes when she sees the clock, she hurriedly searches for her phone and breathes with relief when she finds no missed calls or hundreds of messages.

That breath filled with relief doesn’t go unnoticed by Tzuyu but after she takes her frappe and starts drinking it, she sees Nayeon typing on her phone.

She is curious but she is not gossip, so she only waits until Nayeon stops typing.

The villain puts her phone in her pocket and looks at Tzuyu when the tall woman speaks. “I will take you to your house, Chaeyoung is already there, my teammate gave her a ride.”

Nayeon only nods as she drinks from her frappe and follows Tzuyu when she starts walking.

Unconsciously, Nayeon makes her steps shorter and that makes Tzuyu frown with curiosity and look at Nayeon.

She opens her eyes with surprise when she finds Nayeon has a tired but also gloomy? Expression, as she keeps drinking her frappe, not even noticing Tzuyu has been looking at her.

“It looks like…she doesn’t want to go? Or am I imaging things?” The hero thinks and raises a curious brow.

Nayeon even gets on the car with quiet steps that make Tzuyu frown not understanding well the reason behind the villain’s attitude.

The car ride is quiet with music filling the background, the music is not to energic but not too calm either.

Tzuyu taps the steering wheel and turns to look at Nayeon from time to time who is leaning again the window with an unreadable expression.

One thing the hero has noticed is that Nayeon often gets lost in her thoughts whether if it’s for a couple of moments or long minutes, she can’t help but wonder what is inside the villain’s head.

Because whatever it is this time it looks like it’s troubling Nayeon by the way her gaze seems lost in the city she is seeing from the window.

And the hero has to admit she doesn’t like seeing that usual look in Nayeon’s eyes, she wishes…she could help the auburn brown-haired woman, but maybe one of these days Nayeon will tell her what troubles her this much.

The blue-grey haired woman only returns her eyes to the road when the green light appears and lets out a sigh as she drives towards Nayeon’s apartment.

----------------------------------------------------------

“Leave me in the convenience store again.” Nayeon says once they’re approaching Nayeon’s apartment and Tzuyu shoots her a raised eyebrow along with a side-eye look.

“Unless you want my nosy neighbors to see you and notice It’s really you because of this white Mercedes.” Nayeon says as she raises her left eyebrow.

The hero then remembers and only nods not wanting to say ‘You’re right’ to Nayeon, her pride can’t let her do that yet.

Parking the Mercedes in the quiet and lonely street where the convenience store is, she waits for Nayeon to say something and bites her inner cheek because of the silence filling the car.

“Today was…” Nayeon starts and makes Tzuyu turn to look at her with expecting eyes, the auburn brown-haired woman purses her lips not feeling quite sure of what to say. “Fun…and new.”

Tzuyu smiles and nods slowly waiting for Nayeon since she looks like she wants to say more noticing how she grips the seatbelt slightly.

“Come on, it’s not difficult to say ‘thank you’, you can do it.” Nayeon’s inner voice says.

Nayeon purses her lips and feels her pride hurting but surprisingly not too much as the past days, this time she blames her reserved and introverted nature as she holds the words in and breathes deeply.

“You don’t have bad taste and…you’re not too annoying, I guess.” Nayeon says without looking at Tzuyu.

“That’s not how ‘thank you’ is said, but go on, prideful brat.”

Nayeon bites her inner cheek feeling a vein popping in her right temple but breathes deeply trying to not fight with that inner voice and finally turns to look at Tzuyu with a normal and calm look.

The hero’s eyes look at her with curiosity, as always. Nayeon can say from the way Tzuyu’s eyes speak.

But not like the serious and awkward gaze she used to have, she can say she hasn’t been the only one trying to change her attitude.

“Although I’m the one who does the least effort, I will admit that.” Nayeon thinks and only sighs softly.

The fire villain extends her hand and opens her palm asking for Tzuyu’s hand with a raised eyebrow, hoping Tzuyu can get the signal because “can you give me your hand?” Sounds too cheesy to say, dear god.

The ice hero only makes a confused frown and face, stretching her hand slowly and when she is about to put it on Nayeon’s palm, the fire villain grabs it and with her other hand puts a couple of bucks in her hand.

“This is…for the subway and the karaoke…”Nayeon says with a low tone Tzuyu barely manages to hear. “And your company is tolerable now.”

Without waiting for an answer Nayeon gets out of the car, leaving a surprised Tzuyu with her palm still with the money on it.

The hero can’t help but laugh as she looks at the money in her hand with a curious frown. “Im Nayeon, you’re really weird but interesting as always.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mina parks her car a couple of blocks away from where Momo works and waits in the car sending a text to the chef girl.

Momo’s answer is fast and makes Mina laugh softly waiting patiently for the blue-eyed girl, feeling a little bit nervous but not too much since it’s the fourth date.

Surprisingly she and Momo have a lot of things in common, they like cooking, dancing, a similar music taste, and even the food they like is quite similar, even though they’re both shy she has to admit Momo almost always makes the first move.

Someone knocks the door of her car and she immediately opens the door, the black-haired girl enters, and turns to look at Mina with a bright smile.

“Hello, Mitang.” Momo says with a soft voice that makes Mina’s heart beat fast and show a gummy smile as she holds a basket.

“Hi, Momoring.” Mina answers and bites her lips feeling the urge to kiss Momo’s cheek, it looks so cute and soft, but she holds back.

“How was your morning?” Momo is the first one to ask as she starts putting on her seatbelt.

“It was a little bit messy.” Mina confesses as she starts the engine and lets Momo put some music as she has let since the first date. “A villain made a big fuss but it was nothing that we couldn’t handle.”

Momo tenses when she hears the word ‘villain’ and even though Mina is driving, she noticed, and it’s curious for her that the black-haired girl tenses every time she says that word, but when she asked Momo if that made her uncomfortable she said no, making it weird and curious for her

“And you’re okay? Nothing hurt?” Momo asks with worry and Mina smiles although her eyes are on the road. “I’m fine, one of my teammates got some scratches but I guess she will enjoy her visit to the hospital even if she didn’t get a major injury.”

The black-haired girl laughs and keeps looking at Mina with gentle eyes. “She must be an interesting person.”

“She is.” Mina chuckles as she remembers Sana looking Jihyo as an excited puppy the moment Jihyo showed up along with other doctors to take care of hurt civilians and take Sana to the hospital, Mina and Jeongyeon exchanged looks thinking maybe Jihyo was too worried because Sana wasn’t too hurt, but the steam hero didn’t bother to say no to the doctor hero that has her completely in love.

“She is one of my best friends, I hope I can introduce you to them, one of these days.” Mina says with a light chuckle and doesn’t notice Momo’s nervous eyes but the blue-eyed girl quickly recovers her posture and nods. “With pleasure.”

“But how was your day? How was work?” Mina asks once she parks in the Hang gang park and both get out of the car.

“It was pretty busy but I guess it was fine, and I also got to see you in the morning.” Momo says with a soft smile. “My favorite moment of the day.”

Mina’s heart flutters when she hears Momo’s words and lets out a happy giggle. “And what about this moment?”

“Is the best moment.” Momo says as she gently grabs Mina’s hand making the chestnut show a shy smile but intertwines their fingers making the blue-eyes girl smile even more.

They start to walk as they hold hands and enjoy the silence along with the calm in the park which is almost empty.

A soft breeze makes them close their eyes as they sit on the grass after Mina puts a piece of cloth and Momo opened the basket revealing a light appetizer with tarts, fruits, and coffee.

Mina’s smile grows when she sees the tarts, Momo again remembered when she told her she wanted tarts but didn’t have time to bake them or remember to buy them.

“You like blueberry tart, right?” Momo says as she extends a blueberry tart that looks absolutely delicious.

“You also remembered that.” Mina’s smile only grows more as she carefully takes the tart and looks at Momo with lovely eyes.

“Of course, how could I forget?” Momo says as she pours coffee in a cup and leaves it beside Mina then she looks up only to find Mina soft and tender black onyx orbs.

Momo was going to pour some coffee for her but that seems completely forgotten, she didn’t even notice she was really close to Mina, she looks down to see Mina’s delicate lips and then look at Mina’s shy but decided eyes that are starting to close as Momo leans more.

The blue-eyed girl closes her eyes almost feeling those delicate and pretty lips, she can hear her heart and she swears she can hear Mina’s heart too.

The sound of a phone makes them open their eyes and separate abruptly, both of them blushing furiously and Mina frowns annoyed to see her phone and widen her eyes for a moment, she turns to look at Momo with an apologetic smile still with a light blush. “I have to take this call.”

Momo nods only, unable to say a word since she can still feel her heart almost escaping from her chest and shows Mina a shy smile as the chestnut answers with a shy smile too and gets up answering her phone.

The black-haired girl then lets out a long sigh and pours a cup of coffee for her almost drinking in one shot the beverage.

“Look at you, being bold and everything but the moment she goes you’re all nervous.” The inner voice in her head says.

“She’s so beautiful and we almost kissed what do you expect?” Momo answers in her head, she looks aside talking with the voice inside her head has always been something normal since the voice started to talk more to her a couple of years ago, after she graduated from university specifically.

“I expect to see you telling her who you are.” The voice says with a serious tone.

Momo stops drinking her coffee and lowers her gaze, answering. “You know I want to, but I can’t.”

“No one is obligating you and Nayeon-unnie to do everything that stupid woman wants.”

The black-haired girl frowns and answers. “She is not stupid, without her, we wouldn’t have anything.”

“That’s the biggest lie, stop with that and wake up!”

The blue-eyed girl grabs her head feeling the usual headache she feels whenever the voice inside her head speaks too much but the headache only lasts for a minute before she feels normal again, but there is no trace of the voice.

“Ah, it disappeared again.” Momo thinks and breathes deeply, it has always been a wonder for her, why always after the headache the voice disappears and appears hours or even days later.

But unfortunately, the person who might know why, won’t answer her that.

Looking aside as she narrows her eyes, she cannot help but think part of the things the voice tell her sometimes, are starting to make sense.

Since the beginning, she wasn't completely sure to do all this villain thing, not as sure as her older sister was. 

And now, she is starting to feel...tired and frustrated

Because she despises lying to her precious people, and now that Mina is included there, those feelings only got stronger.

To the point, she started to question why is she still doing this? When is everything going to stop? are we going to be villains forever?

Closing her eyes as she shakes her head Momo takes a deep breath and opens her eyes softly when she feels Mina pocking her cheek, turning to see the shy girl smiling gently to her, the blue eyed girl forgets about her worries at least, for now.

Far but not too far someone watches her and Mina with surprised eyes and with a chuckle filled with disbelief.

“So that’s why you didn’t want to introduce me to the girl you were seeing.” The person says with an amazed voice and feels someone pulling her and turns to look at the dog she is taking care of today wanting to play with the birds.

“Hey hey, stay still big boy.” The auburn brown-haired girl says to the big dog and the dog seems to understand her, sitting beside her again gaining soft caresses on his head. “That’s it, good boy.”

Looking with narrowed and suspicious eyes to the couple now laughing and talking comfortably blushing from time to time she can’t help but shake her head and start to walk with the big dog following her.

She also can’t help but smile because it’s been a while since she’s seen Momo enjoy her time and smile that big.

“Maybe she’s not a bad one.” The auburn brown-haired girl says as she walks slowly remembering a certain girl with greyish black eyes. “What the hell is that team? Really, making my sisters fall into their charms.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later when Momo arrives at home she finds Chaeyoung sleeping on the sofa looking completely drained and approach to caress her head with a soft smile.

“You are late.” Momo hears Nayeon’s voice coming from the kitchen and bites her lips approaching the kitchen and looking at Nayeon’s back as she chops some peaches.

“I had a date…again.” Momo says with a low voice but Nayeon manages to hear her and nods. “With the same girl you told me?”

“yeah.” Momo’s voice softens and Nayeon notices it, only shaking her head internally with a light smile.

“And? How was it?” Nayeon finally turns to meet her sister’s blushing face and shy smile while she scratches her nose.

“She’s nervous.” Nayeon thinks and can’t help but feel like the worst sister, Momo shouldn’t feel like she can’t tell her with who is she having dates, but she understands why her sister is being cautious even with her.

“She’s so beautiful and her voice is soft but it gets a little bit loud when she speaks about the videogames she plays or when she tells me how was her day.” Momo says with a dreamy smile as she sits and leans her head on her arms noticing how Nayeon approaches her with a light smile.

Nayeon hums and caresses Momo’s hair gently telling her in a silent way she can tell her more, so Momo tells her more about the girl that has her in the clouds. “And she liked the blueberry tart I baked and the coffee too, she always gets so excited and makes cute moves when she eats.”

Momo can feel her eyes closing because of the long day she had in the restaurant and Nayeon’s soft caresses are not helping her to remain awake.

When Nayeon feels Momo lean completely on her arms she smiles softly still caressing her sister’s hair gently, she purses her lips and breathes deeply whispering. “You know you can tell me everything right? I will…understand and support you, without doubt, it doesn’t matter who you choose.”

Nayeon caresses Momo’s hair for a couple of minutes more before she takes Momo in her arms and takes her to her room putting the girl in her individual bed and covering her with her pink duvet.

The auburn brown-haired girl does the same with Chaeyoung, when she notices the little girl, is also sleeping but when she wants to put her on her bed Chaeyoung grabs her shirt and cuddles in her even more, making Nayeon smile gently and sit on Chaeyoung’s bed for a moment while she carries the little girl like a baby and leans her head on the petite girl’s head closing her eyes for a moment.

Nayeon would love to have more moments like this, more family time with her sisters, she knows Momo wants it too, just like when they used to be normal kids, with no worries no problems…

But her phone vibrating makes her open her eyes and take a deep breath, this time she carefully puts Chaeyoung in her bed and caresses her face before going to Momo’s room only to find Momo arranging her costume.

Nayeon lets out a long sigh and enters to Momo’s room, closing the door quietly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later after doing a successful robbery to another group of villains they put the jewels and materials on a big black table where they always put what they rob, they look around the secret lair that is underground the city.

A cold lair that it’s surrounded mainly by concrete that makes it look like a cave with a few pipes, the sisters walk more into the lair and they notice there are more computers and displays along with more scientific utensils.

Both sisters stop when they’re behind a person that is looking at the display with attentive eyes.

The person, turns around when the sisters’ presence can be sensed and shows them a soft but empty smile.

“You did an excellent job today, girls.” The person says and approaches to them, they hear the heels resounding and look at the bright green eyes that look at them as if they seemed happy.

Momo and Nayeon nod only and stay still when they feel a hand on their cheeks, it’s cold as always.

“Remember everything you do is for a bright purpose.” The person says with a half-grin, the way this person’s lips curved whenever it showed a grin made Momo and Nayeon feel an uncanny and chilly vibe.

Is almost like this woman's touch...her dull cold smile made them feel scared...

And they've never known why 

But despite that, the person in front of them is a really important person for them, they’re thankful for her, and would do anything for her.

“Yes, aunt Sunmi.” Both say in unison making the woman let out an empty laugh along with another half-grin.

Anything for you.” Nayeon says as the black-haired woman only nods approvingly before turning around, her heels clicking as she disappears into the deepest part of the lair, until Nayeon and Momo cannot see her anymore.

------------------------------------------------------

Hello hello! How have you been? Cx a little update for you guys, I hope you like it.

A couple of interesting things have been revealed...along with cute Mimo and friendly Natzu ;)

PS: I hope Jeong recovers soon from her neck u.u her health is priority. 

See you later! eat and sleep well!!