Stop running away

Ignited Freedom

 

“Wow, you look even more horrible today.” Wendy says as soon as the chestnut enters the lab with big dark circles, messy hair, and a cup of coffee, that Wendy believes it’s not Mina’s first cup of the day.

It's unusual for Wendy to see Mina in such a state, it’s been more than a week.

“Maybe because the big hero event is tomorrow? But Mina doesn’t get nervous because of that event...Mmm.” Wendy thinks with a raised eyebrow. “Even when I ask her if anything happened she avoids the topic…”

“Thanks.” Mina says in a sarcastic tone, drinking from her cup. “Have you found anything?”

“Yeah, after trying some tests and analysis on the pills, I found something very interesting.” Wendy signals Mina to follow her. “It’s the first time I see you so interested in something like this, why is that?” 

“Oh...” Mina looks aside as she purses her lips. “I found them in a crime scene…and I wanted to know more...that’s all.”

Wendy raises her eyebrows as she keeps walking. “And the girls know about it?”

“No, I will tell them when we have the results.” Mina says shortly which makes Wendy even more suspicious but she shrugs it off, for now. “Okaaay.”

“Well, first of all, the pills are not something you can find in a pharmacy.” Wendy explains as she starts showing Mina the results. “They’re illegal, but what’s new about villains having something illegal on their hands?”

“However, here is the interesting thing” Wendy shows Mina a page with results as she points to some numbers. “One of the side effects I’ve found, it’s that the pills help with headache, but they also cause it.” 

Mina frowns with great confusion. “What? that’s contradictory, it can’t be.”

“I know! I also had a hard time believing it, and you won’t like hearing this too.” Wendy says with a deep sigh. “I don’t know why or against what the caused headache is for, even when I made proofs it seems like a normal aspirin with that slight change I mentioned, about the caused headache, I don’t know if you saw the villains experiencing the drug’s effects, that would be very useful.”

Mina feels a sting in her heart, shuddering as she remembers Momo’s scream and suffering. “...I have.”

“Why didn’t you tell me about it sooner!” Wendy lets out a slight chuckle looking at one of the drug’s samples for a moment. “That would have saved me a couple of hours.”

When Wendy raises her head, she didn’t expect to see Mina even paler, with a look of regret, hurt, and even more, painful emotions can be seen in her onyx eyes.

“Was it too bad?...” Wendy asks gently, frowning worriedly. “Is that why you-”

Before Wendy can en her sentence Mina starts speaking, her voice shaky and with a lost look. “...The villain was...screaming so loudly as they held their head and fell..writhing on the ground...it looked...really painful.”

Wendy opens her eyes with surprise, normally, Mina and the girls always described anything happening to the villains with calm and seriousness, they’re not the type to be sensitive towards villains.

Wendy can’t help but wonder, just how bad that scene looked, to make Mina like this.

“I will go to the bathroom.” Mina says fast before Wendy can even respond.

Wendy only nods slowly as she turns to see the computer again with a worried look, as she decides to keep analyzing one of the drug bottles Lisa gave her the other day.

Even though Wendy would like to give Mina a hug, she knows the girl likes to be alone in times like this, but she hopes Mina to open up soon, after all, she has Wendy and the girls’ support.

No matter what she says or does.

Mina splashes water on her face, she keeps blaming herself for staying frozen in the spot as she watched Momo suffer in front of her.

But could she really do something? 

Maybe not but she feels she must have done something, anything.

Even when she is still mad with Momo, she is mad with herself too.

Because she hasn’t said anything to her friends.

Because that would mean she needs to tell them about Momo and even when it’s so hard to admit out loud and inside her… but a big part of her... doesn’t want them to see Momo as a villain.

“She is such a good person...kind...and-..and…” Mina’s voice shakes as she slams her hands on the shrink. “But she is also a liar! A coward who didn’t say anything from the start!-…”

Mina has been fighting with her feelings all this time and every time she keeps contradicting herself.

It’s suffocating, as if Momo pushed her to the sea and it’s seeing her drowning, extending a hand to her.

And Mina keeps holding and letting go of Momo’s hand, because she badly wants to trust Momo again, but she also wants to hate Momo, being mad with her forever.

Because it’s always easier to hate than love someone.

Mina puts her hands on her face as she lets out pained sobs. “Why can’t I just hate you instead of loving you?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunmi smirks as she looks at Tzuyu’s company from an alley, waiting patiently for someone, wearing her costume despite being in such an open place.

“Tomorrow finally...the big day.” Sunmi’s smile starts to widen as she hides in another alley, one that it’s next to the company, Sunmi keeps waiting for one specific person to pass by.

Her hands are quick to trap the person who lets out a surprised yelp, quickly covering pressing her metal claws dangerously, feeling the person trembling against her. 

“It’s so good to see you again…” Sunmi says with a wide and terrific smile when she looks at the terrified brownish-green eyes.

“My dear Jieun…” Sunmi whispers to Jieun’s ear with a mix of calm anger and happiness? the person cannot tell

“You haven’t been able to do what I asked...even when you had so many opportunities…” Sunmi whispers. “You are so useless..just like them...the stupid heart doesn’t let you kill…”

Jieun keeps trembling from anger and fear as she can feel Sunmi’s claws almost digging in her face, she tries to look at Tzuyu’s company but Sunmi makes her look at her with a rough move.

“She is not going to save you dear...no one will.” Sunmi smirks happily when she sees the fear in Jieun’s eyes.

That expression, she enjoys seeing it, for her, it’s such a pleasure to see that kind of look in Jieun’s eyes.

After all, she is one of the persons she hates the most.

However, when Jieun frowns with anger despite her fear, Sunmi can feel how her control and pleasure start to crumble.

She smashes Jieun against the wall using the hand that it’s covering , Jieun closes her eyes with pain which makes Sunmi smile widely. “That’s better...you have the nerve to look at me with anger...despite being a failure…”

Sunmi grips Jieun’s face hard, almost digging her sharp nails, anger bubbling in her chest when she says the next words. “But they never thought of you like that...they always thought I was the failure...that I was the weakest…”

Jieun manages to open her eyes looking at the angered woman before her with big confusion, making Sunmi narrow her eyes and smile wickedly. 

“and even when they told me my second quirk was useless...they couldn't be more wrong...if my second quirk was useless...I couldn't have the possibility of making you suffer all these years...” Sunmi leans close to Jieun's face as she raises her other hand, when Jieun keeps looking at her as if she doesn't understand a of what Sunmi is saying, Sunmi lets out a wicked chuckle, as if she has been waiting long to say the next words.

Should I make you remember…?”

Jieun frowns with deep confusion as she looks at the woman’s hand, Sunmi snaps her fingers and despite having her claws, the snap resounds in the alley.

Sunmi smirks when Jieun's body stops trembling and it looks like she passed out, waiting...and waiting long seconds...

Until Jieun snaps her head up fast, looking around with alarmed eyes, until her eyes fall on Sunmi’s smirking face.

Jieun’s eyes flash with a wave of great anger, the scared woman she was is nowhere to be seen.

Jieun grabs Sunmi’s wrist with great force, there’s also steam coming from it, which makes Sunmi’s smirk grow as she dodges Jieun’s kick, letting go of Jieun’s face to grab her hair, making her collide against the ground harder than she did before on the wall

Sunmi smiles wickedly when Jieun coughs with pain, but this doesn’t stop Jieun to turn her head and see Sunmi with fierce anger, even when there’s blood in her jaw, the woman’s voice sounding like a furious roar “YOU BASTARD! THEY HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU!! I SWEAR IF YOU DID SOMETHING TO THEM-”

“You will burn me?” Sunmi lets out a mocking chuckle as she grabs Jieun’s hair harder when she tries to get up. “Even if you try...you can’t do with a defective quirk like yours…”

Jieun only grits her teeth with anger, she does one more intent to get up but Sunmi collides her head against the ground again, careful to not kill Jieun, smiling wide when she feels Jieun still tries to move.

“You can’t even defend yourself...not that I expect you to...not after years and years of lacking the painful training we used to have…” Sunmi chuckles wickedly. “You are so pathetic! The one who used to be stronger and mighty!”

“That’s why I didn’t kill you even if I could...the ones connected to machines cannot suffer...” Sunmi raises Jieun’s wounded face, who is still giving her the most furious gaze she can give. “But you can…and you will keep suffering as long as I want to...”

“Because that’s what I have always desired…”

-------------------------------------------------------

Tzuyu frowns when she and the girls stop training, all of them resting on the ground, she feels a sting in her heart, as if something was wrong.

“I must be imagining things.” Tzuyu lets out a sigh that doesn’t go unnoticed, Jihyo is the first one to ask. “Hey Tzu, is everything all right?”

“Yeah!” Tzuyu tries to smile as she says whatever comes to her mind “I’m just kinda excited for the hero event tomorrow!”

“Me too! There are so many good heroes I wanna meet!”Chaeyoung says with a wide smile making the ice hero smile softly.

After they told Chaeyoung they would let her accompany them, the girl was beyond excited and happy, like an excited child when they go to the amusement park.

“Eeeh, but you already have such a good, not to say incredible heroes here!” Sana pouts as she tries to tease Chaeyoung

“Y-yes you all are too great but I’m still curious about other heroes.” Chaeyoung says with a shy smile. “B-but you are my favorite team!”

“Sana is just teasing you Chae.” Jeongyeon laughs softly and winks at the little girl. “But thanks for saying we are your favorite”

Chaeyoung nods with a shy smile as she turns to look at the door when someone knocks.

“Come iiin.” Jihyo says with a happy tone, making a surprised face when she sees Wendy and Mina entering.

“Mina-unnieeee!” Chaeyoung gets up fastly to crush Mins in a hug, which Mina receives warmly, smiling softly.

All the girls are equally surprised to finally see Mina, when Mina separates from Chaeyoung she turns to meet her friend’s eyes with a smile. “Hello, girls.”

Jeongyeon, Tzuyu and Sana are the ones running to hug Mina, Mina can feel her lips trembling but she decides to stay strong, answering their hug gently.

When they separate, Dahyun and Jihyo hug her tightly, making the chestnut let out a soft chuckle.

Wendy, Chaeyoung, along Jihyo and Dahyun decide to give the childhood friends some space as they walk a little far from them

“How have you been?” Jeongyeon asks and frowns when she notices Mina’s dark circles.

“You haven’t been sleeping well, have you?” Sana scolds when she caresses Mina’s face, making the chestnut nod softly in silence.

“And you are paler.” Tzuyu whispers with worry as she pats Mina’s back softly. 

Mina smiles a little, she can’t help but feel happy when she hears her friend’s worries but she also feels guilty for making them worry. “I’m sorry guys I really needed some time alone.”

“Yeah, we noticed it was quite long this time.” Jeongyeon raises an eyebrow but she also smiles worriedly. “Will you finally tell us what happened?”

“Yes, I will, but not today at least.” Mina smiles mysteriously, and goes to pat Chaeyoung’s head. “Today I want to be present to give her the present we accorded.”

“A present?!” Chaeyoung asks with a big smile but she frowns worriedly. “Is it really okay? I think Mina-unnie is-”

“I’m fine Chae.” Mina says softly as she caresses Chaeyoung’s hair. “I really wanted to see your face when you opened it, I didn’t want to miss it.”

Chaeyoung smiles softly, feeling touched as she hugs Mina again. “Thanks for coming Mina-unnie.”

Mina nods and shuffles Chaeyoun’s hair with a gentle smile. “No problem kiddo.”

Wendy approaches with a present box, a wide smile adorning her lips. “Here it is! Mina helped me to make it and the girls also gave some tips!”

Chaeyoung sits on the ground as she looks at the present box with a happy and toothy smile, she unwraps the box carefully until she finally opens it, the girls are looking at her with anticipating and excited eyes.

Chaeyoung lets out a surprised gasp along with a laugh filled with disbelief and shock, she takes out a full red sleeveless costume that also has a sleeveless hoodie, a pair of red boots, and finally, fingerless gloves.

“Is this..m-my…” Chaeyoung looks up to ask with a barely heard whisper, still looking at the girls with shock.

“Yes!” Tzuyu answers with a wide smile as she crunches along with the girls signaling Chaeyoung’s costume. “Wendy made it resistant to high or low temperatures, and the material is really hard to damage if someone uses knives or swords.”

“The material idea was mine!” Mina says with a happy tone.

“Jeongyeonnie and I did the design” Sana laughs softly.

Chaeyoung keeps looking at them with a speechless look as she looks down to see the costume again until she smiles so wide and bright when she looks up again making the girls smile proudly at her reaction.

The little girl stands up jumping from happiness as she hugs the girls with everything she has. “Thank you thank you thank you so so much!! This is one of the best presents I’ve ever received!!”

The girls chuckle as they ruffle Chaeyoung’s hair collectively. “Is nothing kid.” Jeongyeon says with a wide smile.

“Taeyeon-unnie was quite impressed with your progress! she gave us permission to give you one since she wants you to accompany us to missions!” Sana jumps with happiness once they separate from the little girl

“Missions! Fighting against villains with you?!” Chaeyoung asks with happy shock as she smiles widely. “Really?!”

Mina nods with a gentle smile. “Not every student has the abilities to endure a fight against an S-class villain like Jessica, you are a diamond in the dust Chae.”

“And you are a person with huge talent and dedication, you are always looking to improve and learn even when the training is quite draining.” Tzuyu pats Chaeyoung’s hair. “This is just the beginning of a brilliant path you will keep building, as I told you once, you will be one of the best, I believe it.”

“....Thank you...really” Chaeyoung smiles, feeling deeply touched. It has been such a great experience to train with her favorite team and even though her training is not over, they even gift her a suit. Chaeyoung thinks she is one of the luckiest persons in the world.

Chaeyoung hugs all the girls again, this time tighter making all of them let out happy laughs as they separate, and Chaeyoung smiles widely again. “Just wait and see! I will be one of the best!”

Tzuyu nods proudly as she side hugs Chaeyoung giggling. “Come on! wear it! We wanna see how good it looks on you!” 

Chaeyoung laughs happily as she takes the box and nods eagerly. “With pleasure!”

--------------------------------------------------------

“How long will Sunmi be out?” Momo asks with a raised eyebrow, Seulgi and her are at the lair, it's almost midnight, and Sunmi and the others are not around.

“Probably the whole day, I saw her going on a ‘mission’ this morning, she looked awkwardly happy about it.” Seulgi frowns as she starts tapping the password on the big computer. “Yeri and a new guy they ‘hired’ Jay will be doing a mission later, but I don't know what type.”

“They’re moving a lot...is it because of the hero event?” Momo frowns trying to understand what is happening. 

“She was looking forward to it, almost counting the minutes.” Seulgi answers as she starts searching for some useful data, but it’s quite difficult since Sunmi has everything well-kept.

“Mmm...I suppose we will finally know why.” Momo playfully elbows Seulgi, making the girl frown. “Type fasterrr.”

Seulgi rolls her eyes with a silent smile. “This takes time, that motherer has everything locked, It may take a while to download all the files she has and see what’s behind the locks.”

“If it’s something really big, we are gonna need some help” Momo says as she keeps looking at the computer.

Seulgi looks at her briefly as she smiles a little. “Are you...talking about-”

“Mina and her team? yes.” Momo cannot help but smile sadly. “Even if she probably hates me, I want her to know that I’m...not the one she is probably picturing.”

“I want her to know I’m not like Sunmi.” Momo purses her lips. “And also because I want to stop Sunmi from hurting others...it doesn’t matter if she is my aunt, hurting innocents...robbing, everything she does is wrong and I don’t want to feel connected to that path anymore, I wanna start doing good things….I wanna be normal”

Seulgi gently pats Momo’s head with a soft smile. “You have always been normal, you never fit here...you and your sister are different.”

The computer makes a sound that the download is finally complete before Momo can answer back, also showing all the files Sunmi had, along with a mysterious  video, Seulgi frowns clicking to play the video

A hero screaming loudly and painfully on the ground as he grabs his stomach coughing blood, the blood doesn't stop and his skin starts to burn almost melt, and it's just matters of seconds before the hero finally succumbs to death.

Seulgi and Momo are beyond shocked, both scared to death, the lair is quiet for a few moments before Seulgi turns and throws up, not that Momo blames her after seeing such a horrible and cruel act.

Momo runs a hand through her hair as she can feel her body trembling but before the fear can take control over her body she uses her quirk to splash herself some water on the face and to clean Seulgi's

"W-..What the ...is that why...s-she...the... substances we robbed... everything.." Seulgi says with a low and shocked to death voice, trembling. 

Momo keeps trembling but as hard as before, her eyes wide open as she whispers but Seulgi can hear her. "That's her good purpose…all this time...she has been planning to…"

Momo covers , the shock keeps growing again along with other emotions running in her heart, disgust, fear, disappointment.

Momo's head and heart are a complete mess.

It only gets worse when her head starts to hurt. 

Momo grabs her head as she closes her eyes with force, she can feel Seulgi's hands on her shoulders but she can hear her.

Until an alarm coming from the big computer makes Momo snap and come back to reality but the pain is still there.

She keeps grabbing her head with one hand and grabs Seulgi's with the other once the girl successfully takes the USB, even when they didn't have the opportunity to see Sunmi's plan, they start to run away. 

"That er is BEYOND crazy! And god knows when she is going to use that horrifying poison on the heroes." Seulgi says as she keeps running, she desperately wants to get out of this place so they can see when or on who Sunmi is going to use that poison.

Momo keeps running but her vision is somewhat blurry, making her almost fall but Seulgi grabs her arm with worry as they don't stop running.

"Momo! I will carry you! If you faint again-" Seulgi keeps running beside Momo as the blue-eyed has one eye closed as she runs. 

"I-I'm fine! This will pass!" Momo says as she can feel stings in her head but as she keeps trying to calm herself down they start to decrease.

"It will pass my !" Seulgi quickly carries Momo in bridal style as she keeps running, the alarm is still loud and sounding. 

Seulgi can see the exit as she starts sprinting more and Momo can feel her headache, also starts to calm down even more. "We have to leave this ing place before it's too-"

When they’re about to reach the exit, it closes abruptly, making Seulgi stop abruptly, Momo and Seulgi look at the closed exit with great surprise that it only turns into shock when they hear a voice they recognize very well.

Turning to meet a pair of furious and cold green eyes, looking at them like a snake corning her prey.

“Too what?” 

------------------------------------------------------------

Nayeon hums happily as she walks to her house after her usual night walk, she even sings to herself as she puts on her earphones.

Just when she was about to reach her house she hears a great explosion that makes her turn her head to see from where it came.

She can see people running and screaming with fear on the other street because there are some type of concrete monsters? but what it surprises her is to see how many of them are, it’s like there are 30 or more, and they’re not tiny, they’re around 2 meters at least.

Nayeon can see the 2 meters monsters are destroying everything that crosses in their path, the people scream only gets louder and even some cars crash, everything is a chaos

A chaos Nayeon cannot bear to see idly by.

Nayeon climbs to a roof as quickly as she cans, once she is there, she takes out the familiar black and blue card, gripping it with force as she looks at the chaos under her feet again.

Her gaze returns to the card as she takes a deep breath. “Even though I dislike wearing this costume...now it’s the only thing that I can use to help people.”

“Looks like I will do something good with it, after all this time.” 

-------------------------------------------------

“ why are there so many?!” Jeongyeon asks as she destroys one of the concrete monsters with her sand hands.

“There must be someone near making them!” Sana says from the other side as she uses her steam to put some of them to sleep, Jeongyeon crushes them quickly.

“Do you see something?!” Jeongyeon asks Mina who after taking one down with some good punches floats to look around. “Negative!” Mina says as she grits her teeth going down fast to crush one monster with a powerful kick, for fortune, the monsters are not too strong or Mina would have broken her legs and arms a long time ago.

“We found who is making them!” Tzuyu says through her smartwatch, as she and Chaeyoung destroy more of the monsters, finding a smirking guy not so far from them who is touching the ground in the middle of the street as more monsters keep appearing. 

Chaeyoung combines her two quirks, and despite she cannot use them at the same time, she keeps destroying monsters, wearing her new suit.

Chaeyoung also didn’t expect she would get to use her new suit the same day, but villains never wait, they appear at any time, no matter the place or hour.

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung are standing on opposite sides of the sidewalk as they keep trying to approach the villain.

“We cleared almost all the monsters but another villain appeared, one of Irene’s gang, Yeri it’s here, we are trying to capture her.” Jeongyeon informs Tzuyu and Chae which makes the ice hero frown, why are these two making such a mess? Does Yeri work with him now? What do they want?

Chaeyoung who has been looking at the guy for the past minutes seems to have discovered something. “The villain who makes the monster can only make 15 every 10 minutes and the more he makes the weaker they are!”

Tzuyu nods to Chaeyoung and when they try to approach the villain he smirks, deciding to make more monsters go against them, both heroes prepare to fight however they notice monsters also coming from behind.

“This er! Can he control the other ones?” Chaeyoung frowns along with Tzuyu despite being separated, they’re a little bit at disadvantage because Wendy doesn’t have enough information to tell about the villain before them.

Tzuyu takes a deep breath as she starts to lower her temperature to do a big attack, she plans to take down all the monsters on this street

However, something happens before she can perform her attack, a great and long blast of blue fire destroys every monster in its path, even the ones that were coming from behind, the blast passes through the street strongly.

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung open their eyes with surprise as they cover with their arms although the fire blast doesn’t touch them since they were still on opposite sidewalks it is really strong.

Blue fire? Chaeyoung still can’t use blue fire then who-” Tzuyu thinks as the blue fire stops and someone with a familiar black and blue costume runs in front of her, it seems like the time stopped at that moment, her eyes opening widely as her gaze follows the person running towards the villain who seems as shocked as her and Chaeyoung.

The villain looks around noticing there’s still one monster around her quickly puts his hands on the ground before the woman’s kick touches his face, the monster acts like a shield.

The woman grits her teeth under the mask and uses her powerful fire on her fist to destroy the monster, the villain tries to use a knife against her but she quickly grabs his wrist and twists it making the guy let out a painful yelp, using her right fist to punch the guys face hard sending him to collide on the ground loudly.

"WHAT THE ARE YOU DOING!? WE ARE ALLIES!!" The villain says as he tries to move but the woman quickly puts her foot on him harshly making him cough.

"Allies?" The woman's voice sounds displeased and angry, her foot dig more on the man's back "I’m not allied with someone who causes chaos and scares people"

"DON'T SAY STUPID NONSENSE! YOU MOTHERFU-" Before the man can finish his sentence the woman steps again on his back making him gasp with pain. 

"Do me a favor and shut your mouth" The woman warns as she feels the man is still trying to do something but she has way more strength than him.

Some hurried steps approach where she is making her turn around expecting more monster, but the only thing she finds is two perplexed faces looking at her, she widens her eyes behind her eyes when she notices who they are

Tzuyu and Chaeyoung are standing in front of her not so far, looking at her as they blink with surprise

Chaeyoung is the one who makes the first move, she raises her wrist to speak to the smartwatch “The villain has been defeated...by...Wildfire-N”

Wildfire-N turns to see Chaeyoung making the girl jump with surprise, the villain woman keeps looking at Chaeyoung despite having a mask on, Tzuyu can tell what face Nayeon is making right now.

Nayeon looks at Chaeyoung with big surprise, she didn’t expect to find her little sister fighting along with Tzuyu, and wait a sec, what the hell is she wearing? Who made her wear such a cheap costume? the only good thing about it is the color, because-

Nayeon shakes her face internally, thinking that’s not the time to think about the horrible costume, the question is what is she going to do now?

No matter from where you look at it, she either surrenders, fights against two important persons for her, one is her sister and the other the girl she likes which is a hero and- oh dear god why is this so complicated?!

“Or I can escape.” Nayeon side-eyes one of the free streets as she sighs deeply. “But that means I will run away...like always.."

What should I do? 

Before Nayeon can make any decision, the man under her foot finally manages to get up, he pushes Nayeon harshly as he starts to run away towards a nearby building.

", I let my guard down" Nayeon grits her teeth as she tries to shoot fire blasts at him but fails. 

Chaeyoung and Tzuyu go after him, but Chaeyoung has always been a fast runner chasing him, a way faster than the other two women.

"What are you doing here?" Tzuyu asks as she runs beside Nayeon looking at her with surprised eyes.

"Good evening to you too." Nayeon says with a half-joking tone before she gets serious, stopping to look around. "I heard people screaming and saw all the disaster, I couldn't stand idly by."

Nayeon finally spots Chaeyoung and the man fighting on a nearby roof, climbing along with Tzuyu to get there. "I didn't expect to see you here, weren't you training?"

"We were, but an emergency appeared and.." Tzuyu keeps climbing. "And we came here since we were the closest ones, it's Chaeyoung's first mission, I was planning to tell you later I hope you are not angry-"

"No, I'm not." Nayeon tells her quickly with a calm voice as she and Tzuyu finally are on the roof as they see Chaeyoung fighting hand to hand with the villain, Nayeon is really surprised after she sees how much Chaeyoung has improved.

Chaeyoung uses a water whip to hit the villain sending him to the ground completely passed out.

The young hero's breathing is a little bit irregular but when she looks up she frowns with a perplexed expression after seeing a weird scene, Wildfire-N and Tzuyu standing beside each other without fighting? What's happening here? And why are they looking at her only?

Chaeyoung stops asking herself questions when she jumps with surprise after someone throws an unconscious Yeri to the ground, beside the other villain boy.

The other part of the team appears with a big jump on the roof, Jeongyeon is the one speaking "Are you and Tzuyu all right? We heard about Wildfire-N and-"

Jeongyeon doesn't finish her sentence because when she looks around she opens her eyes with surprise the moment her eyes lay on the villain standing before them.

There are some moments of silence before Sana, Mina and Jeongyeon quickly stand in attacking position.

"Wait-" Tzuyu tries to say but Jeongyeon and the others didn't manage to hear her, running towards Nayeon to attack her.

"I said wait!" Tzuyu says with a louder voice as she raises her hand and moves to be in front of Nayeon, creating a tiny ice wall that looks like a line to stop her friends.

Nayeon looks at Tzuyu's back with shock just as her friends are looking at the tall girl with a dumbfounded expression.

Chaeyoung blinks with great confusion as she quickly takes a look at Wildfire-N, why is the villain not trying to attack?

Chaeyoung takes a few seconds to scan Wildfire-N, noticing a very very familiar hair color.

The young hero shakes her head and rubs her eyes thinking. "No...it must be the moonlight, in the pictures I have seen in the newspaper it looks brown...yes..brown.."

"Tzuyu what-" Jeongyeon starts speaking but Tzuyu doesn't let her.

"Listen to me first." Tzuyu says with a pleading tone as she keeps standing in front of Nayeon.

Sana and the other girls exchange dumbfounded looks, they are still on guard and Tzuyu knows she needs to speak fast before her friends decide to attack again.

"She is not going to attack us anymore." Tzuyu says with a calm but firm voice. "She is...not the villain we used to know."

"Tzuyu don't say bull" Jeongyeon says with an irritated tone, she doesn't like this situation and neither does the tense feeling among it. "How can you know that!? She-"

"Because I know her!!" Tzuyu says with a louder voice as she looks at Jeongyeon who looks completely taken aback by the sudden loud tone. 

"What do you mean?" Sana asks as she frowns with big confusion, deeply worried about Tzuyu's attitude, she is not the type to raise her voice, not to them and especially... because of a villain.

Tzuyu purses her lips with guilt. "I had this gut feeling since the first time we met...she saved a child and...she was holding it as if her life depended on it...she wasn't like the other villains"

The ice hero closes her eyes for a moment, she can only feel guilt..she let time pass and pass... forgetting about Nayeon's job…

Nayeon feels in pain to see Tzuyu like this, both of them got so immersed in their world that they forgot about reality.

But she can not let Tzuyu deal with this alone.

"I wanted to tell you this before...but the more I knew her...the more I forgot about her being a villain… and-"

"Tzuyu, stop." Nayeon's voice is soft making everyone surprised to hear such a tone from the villain, Chaeyoung is even more surprised after hearing it, because it sounds too familiar.

"We're both guilty in this, we weren't honest to our closest ones since the beginning...even when you had the opportunity to tell them...to reveal my identity you didn't…" Nayeon stands beside Tzuyu, looking up to the surprised greyish black orbs, she smiles gently under her mask. "Because you had faith in me...and I'm deeply grateful to you for it."

"Because you made me change everything...you helped me to wake up." Nayeon keeps looking at Tzuyu with gentle eyes despite her mask.

Sana, Mina, and Jeongyeon keep looking at Tzuyu and the villain with deeply confused eyes, a confusion that only grows when they see the villain's hand travel to her neck grabbing the end of her mask.

Chaeyoung looks at her with confusion and anticipation, she has this horrifying hunch about whose face is behind that mask.

And Chaeyoung is praying to be wrong.

"It's time to stop running away" the villain says before she finally takes off her mask, revealing her face, making everyone look at her with great shock.

"You gotta be ing kidding me" Jeongyeon whispers when she looks at the familiar brownish-green eyes.

Chaeyoung is the first one to pass through her unnies until she is in front of her.

Nayeon's heart crushes when she sees her sister's eyes, filled with shock and disbelief. "I-I'm dreaming... right…?"

"I wish you were." Nayeon's voice is full of regret and shame as she does her best to look her sister in the eyes.

It's the least she can do.

Chaeyoung can feel her chest tightening, everything is starting to make sense now, the mysterious night shifts...her sisters always looking as if they hid something.

Chaeyoung frowns when another hunch makes her stomach nauseous

"Please tell me Momo-unnie is not...not in this" Chaeyoung looks at her sister with hope.

Hope that only dies when Nayeon looks aside from a few moments before she looks at her with those eyes...the eyes filled with guilt and more.

"I wish she was here to tell you...but we were both involved in this." Nayeon swallows before speaking.

Chaeyoung looks down feeling how everything starts to crumble inside her, shock takes over her again as she stands still, not moving an inch.

"Momo?" Mina whispers with disbelief making everyone except Chaeyoung look at her. "Momo is...your sister?..."

Nayeon is not surprised Momo didn't tell the chestnut about them, but she wishes she would have told her.

"Yes." Nayeon's response is short as she lets out a dry and tiny chuckle. "She also didn't tell you that, did she?"

Mina shakes her head slowly as she runs a hand through her face. "Why...why didn't she-" 

"Probably because she didn't want to affect your decision of choosing Chaeyoung, I don't really know." Nayeon says before Mina can continue exchanging looks with the tired onyx eyes. "One thing I know is that she feels bad for making the wrong decisions and steps, she wouldn't have cried her eyes out for three days if she didn't."

Mina feels a painful sting in her heart when she hears Nayeon's words, she remembers Momo's hurt face...her broken voice...

However, she also feels anger mixed with all the painful emotions she is feeling.

"SHE COULD HAVE TOLD ME EVERYTHING BEFORE I FELL SO HARD FOR HER!" Mina raises her voice, Tzuyu, Sana and Jeongyeon look at them with surprise, there are more things they didn't know, especially Jeongyeon and Sana.

Since when Mina knew? Since when Tzuyu knew? Why did they hide everything? Are they not trustworthy?

So many questions...and answers they don't want to know

Because everything is deeply confusing, shocking and even angering.

"And what would you have done if you knew?" Nayeon questions Mina with a sharp tone, she knows Momo did wrong but she also can't help but be on her side even for a little bit. 

"You see us like a plag, we are enemies, enemies that only deserve to be punished and be in jail, the bad side of society you want to erase." Nayeon looks at them as she feels Tzuyu's  eyes on her, she can almost tell what sad face Tzuyu is making, because Tzuyu doesn't see her like that

"And I don't blame you for thinking that, it's what we are...or at least we were but my sister and I did a lot...we didn't hurt people but we scared them, we didn't like heroes and we beat them…" Nayeon looks aside remembering everything they did in the past, all because they were brainwashed with hate they didn't really have but believed they had.

"But we are not walking that path anymore, even if you don't believe us." Nayeon's voice sounds loud and full of confidence. "It's never too late for a good chance"

Everyone remains in silence, too much to process in their heads, it's like a knot of silk thread they cannot loosen.

The tension is palpable and suffocating, everyone has so much to say, but no one speaks.

Until someone breaks the silence.

"After lying to me for so long, do you want me to believe that?…" Chaeyoung's voice sounds cold and furious.

Nayeon opens her eyes with shock and she urgently tries to touch Chaeyoung's face to make her look at her.

But Chaeyoung slaps her hand away with force, the sound filling the chilly and silent roof, everyone looks at the young hero with shock, the smiley and always positive child is nowhere to be seen as she raises her head to meet the hurt and shocked brownish green eyes with her glazy and furious blue orbs.

Anger, disappointment, and hurt fill Chaeyoung's eyes as she grits her teeth.

Chaeyoung only takes a brief moment to see Tzuyu too.

Two of the most important people in her life, the ones she admired...betrayed her, hid the truth.

Chaeyoung doesn't want to look at them anymore.

So she turns around and runs fast, leaving the roof with hurried steps, no one tries to stop her.

Tzuyu looks at her running with regret and guilt as she looks aside. 

"You only had to tell us from the beginning." Sana says with cold anger as she turns to see Tzuyu with a disappointed frown. "We always respected why you wanted to do some things alone, but this...we deserved to know from the start." 

"I made a mistake I know-" Tzuyu tries to speak but Sana raises her voice.

"YOU KNEW AND YOU DIDN'T SAY !" Sana says with heavy breathing as she runs her hand through her hair biting her lips hard.

Tzuyu closes her eyes pursing her lips as she shuts , she knows everything she says right now will make things worse, her friends won't listen, why would they want to?

"You underestimated us...are we really that hard to trust?" Jeongyeon asks with hurt as she turns to see Tzuyu with glassy eyes. "None of this would have happened if you two knew...that hiding the truth hurts your precious ones more than telling it."

"I hope you can learn from this Tzuyu" Jeongyeon says with a hurt tone. "Unlike you, I trust you will."

And with that Jeongyeon turns around, taking the two villains with her, Sana doesn't even spare Tzuyu a look, but Mina does.

She saw the way Tzuyu looked at Nayeon, she knows that look.

Although she may understand why Tzuyu hid everything...she can't deny she is confused and a little hurt by Tzuyu's action.

Mina feels divided, she feels like she has to choose between Tzuyu or Sana and Jeongyeon.

Mina wishes she could stay with both sides, but she knows she can't.

So she decides to give Tzuyu a weak smile before she goes in a different direction from Jeongyeon and Sana.

Tzuyu feels like she is breaking inside, and she knows it's all her fault, because she had so many opportunities to say the truth, but she didn't, Nayeon never told her to hide her identity, she was the one that chose to.

Tzuyu puts her hands on her face as she starts to cry, sobbing in silence as she hides on her palms.

She can feel Nayeon hugging her from behind, her cheek on her back, as she embraces her tighter.

Nayeon is crying too, but she decides to be strong for Tzuyu.

Because she fears the always tender and gentle Tzuyu may break more if she breaks too.

So Nayeon bites her lips hard when Tzuyu lets out painful loud sobs.

Tzuyu keeps crying and crying, she wants to stop, but she can't, not when her heart keeps hurting with each beat.

Only one thing stops her for a few moments

The sound of a ringtone makes her turn to look over her shoulder as Nayeon picks up.

"Momo I can't talk right-" Nayeon says as she tries to make a normal tone only to frown as she recognizes Momo's hurried voice, her tears stop abruptly. 

"I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH HER! SEULGI GOT TAKEN DOWN!" There are sounds of fighting on the other line and Tzuyu also stops crying as she turns around with a confused frown. "I KNOW EVERYTHING NOW! I NEED YOU HE-"

The call suddenly stops and Nayeon looks at the phone with horror as she whispers with fear and deep worry "No...NO!" 

Nayeon forgets about everything as she starts to run as fast as she can, even if Tzuyu tries to follow her, she loses Nayeon from her sight, Tzuyu desperately tries to search for her but Nayeon is nowhere to be seen.

Tzuyu was a fool to believe Nayeon would come back tomorrow and tell her everything. 

Because everything was far to be fine.

--------------------------