Boat's trouble

Ignited Freedom

It’s summer already.

You can tell just by looking around even if it’s early, the green trees, and the warm morning.

“It’s time! Breakfast! Breakfast!”

Looking down to look at her wrist the blue grey-haired woman smiles. “Just in time.” She checks the notification and scans briefly in her smartwatch her schedule for today.

“Bring something sweet for breakfast, pleaseee xoxo.”

The young woman sighs and shakes her head, she turns on her earphones again before jogging to her friends’ favorite bakery.

----------------------------

A bag slaps the light brown-haired woman on the face.

“Hey! I was sleeping!”

“Yeah, I noticed.” the blue grey-haired woman looks at her with a calm face. “I thought you were already training with Mina-unnie and Jeongyeon-unnie.”

“That was my plan but my bed made me a better offer.” the light brown-haired woman sticks out her tongue.

“….I'm cutting your salary.” the blue grey-haired woman says.

“WHAT! HEY! CHOU TZUYU!”

Tzuyu smiles a little as she dodges a pillow even if she wasn’t looking. “You are older than me, please give a good example.”

“I’m THREE years older! And I will tell Mitang if you cut my salary.” the light brown-haired woman smiles triumphally.

“Tell her if you want to, I have the final decision as always.” Tzuyu smiles.

“That’s true.” Another voice joins and the light brown-haired runs to hug the voice’s owner.

“Mitaang, Tzuyu is being bad with me.”

“Says the one that skipped training.” Mina rolls her eyes. “And do I have to remind you that technically Tzuyu is our boss?”

“And our team leader.” A new voice joins and Tzuyu approaches noticing the blonde woman is carrying a few bags along with Mina. “Jeongyeon-unnie! Here, I’ll help.”

“You guys are never helpful… I hate it here.” the light brown-haired approaches to help with the bags with a pout.

“I bought your favorite coffee, so stop being a baby or I will drink it, Sana.” Jeong teases.

“Fine then.” Sana pouts even more and Tzuyu shakes her head with a smile.

“Oh, you bought more snacks.” Tzuyu says with a big smile.

“I remembered you told me to buy more.” Mina smiles mildly.

“And we adore spoiling you.” Jeong laughs. “Our young and pretty little girl.”

“I support that too.” Sana giggles.

Tzuyu smiles softly and lets out a soft chuckle. “Thank you, big sisters.”

The breakfast is filled with laughs and jokes, the four women talking a little bit after finishing.

“By the way, where did you buy the pizza from last night?” Mina asks Tzuyu.

Tzuyu thinks for a moment but when she is going to tell Mina where their watches start to sound in an alerting manner.

“Well, this time they let us finish our breakfast.” Jeongyeon gets up first.

“I would appreciate if they could let me sleep my eight hours of sleep sometimes.” Tzuyu stretches and throws them a capsule measuring approximately 25 cm to each one.

Each capsule opens fastly revealing their costumes, they take less than a minute in dressing and Tzuyu clicks a button that reveals an emergency exit from their house.

Tzuyu checks her smartwatch. “The incident is an attack near…Myoui enterprises.”

Mina sighs. “Well, at least we know how to arrive fast.”

“Sana, you drive” Tzuyu commands as they get on the team’s jeep.

“Roger!” Sana starts the engine and Tzuyu opens the secret gate from their house’s garage.

Mina and Jeongyeon hold their hands and close their eyes. “Hey God? It’s me again-“

“Come on! I don’t drive that bad, stop praying.” Sana rolls her eyes as she speeds up.

Tzuyu only shows a little smile before signaling Sana. “Turn to your right, it’s a shortcut.”

Sana nods and follows Tzuyu’s order. “It must be a handful villain because they called all the team.”

“From here it doesn’t look like that.” Jeongyeon says as she sees a villain only throwing rocks at the police and some heroes.

Tzuyu squints her eyes as Sana parks the jeep fastly. “There are some heroes on the ground…” Tzuyu says as they start approaching the villain.

The villain then roars making them frown as they keep approaching.

A second later the villain starts to grow drastically until it’s at the level of the highest buildings in the city his body covered with rocks and metal.

The moment the villain shows his true form the people start screaming again, some of them run, others only watch the villain with fear.

“Oh, crap” Sana says as the team looks at the giant villain with surprise but Tzuyu is the one acting first noticing the people’s uncertainty and chaos, they need to act fast.

“Let’s evacuate all the civilians!” Tzuyu tells the police and turns to her team. “Mina, distract him and Sana use your steam if it works then I will freeze him the moment he falls and hold it with Jeong.”

“Roger!!” The girls say in unison.

Mina takes Sana with her and flies to the villain’s head. “Can you control his emotions?” Sana asks.

“He is covered in metal and rocks, I don’t think I can, but I will try” Mina responds.

The villain notices Mina and tries to punch her but Mina dodges it and manages to put Sana in a near building.

Mina keeps dodging him until she manages to touch him but realizes her second quirk doesn’t work on him. “Reverie girl!”

Sana quickly realizes what Mina wants when she calls her hero name and munches a candy to change the effect of her steam, she jumps towards the villain and grabs it from his back the steam seems to start working but the villain decides to cover his nose and stay still for a bit.

Tzuyu and Jeong were helping the police by taking the civilians to a safe place, when the signal Sana gives through their watches sound they run towards the steady villain as Mina takes Sana with her again.

Tzuyu breathes deep and takes a step back, the ice forming slowly in the ground, she raises her hands as if she was throwing something, the ice travels from the villain’s legs to his chest freezing him completely.

Jeong acts then, when the villain is starting to fall like a tower her hands transform into big and strong sand hands.

Catching the villain before he can collapse on the ground, she bites her lips since its extremely heavy but Tzuyu acts then and makes a small but steady ice mountain to prevent the villain from falling even more.

Since the villain is now completely restrained Mina approaches him again and with Sana’s help and a few tools, they manage to break the villain’s face revealing his human face.

Mina touches him and the man starts to laugh happily making Sana scrunches her nose in disgust.

The villain starts to reduce his rock and metal form until he is human again, Mina takes him to the ground as Sana signals Jeong and jumps from the big ice mountain, Jeongyeon catches her with one of her sand hands.

The police officers cheer for the team and even some people that can watch them from afar, the girls smile with gratitude.

It’s always like this for them since they debuted as a team, praises, and people proudly recognizing them as one of the best hero teams.

Second to none is the best!”

“You are our hope!!”

“The city is better with you!!”

It makes them proud to know the people they will protect with their lives are always grateful and cheerful to them, it’s a source of strength for them.

Villains are always nearby but the team, Second to none will be always there to protect the innocent people.

---------------------------------------------------------

Now that Sana is with Jeongyeon she sighs “The guy started to laugh all happy it gave me nausea”

“So Mina-unnie used his happiness, huh.” Tzuyu chuckles. “How long until you can melt the ice? Sana-unnie”

“We have to wait five minutes.” Sana informs and turns to look at Mina who is coming to them. “What did they say Mitang?”

“That he was continuously transforming and the heroes nearby couldn’t handle it because of their quirks.” Mina says and turns to Tzuyu frowning. “I told you to not use this costume, Wendy and I need to fix it.”

“It only needs a few arrangements and it was the only one available.” Tzuyu shows her a tiny smile.

Mina sighs and Jeongyeon speaks. “Here comes the press, out brilliant leader, Ice maiden please represent us well!”

Tzuyu turns to look at Jeongyeon with a plain face before rolling her eyes and turn to meet the press.

Ice maiden! As always your team never disappoints!” one reporter says.

“All of you were amazing! Please tell us how it was it!!” another reporter says.

“Helping people is always a pleasure for us and our top priority, we just acted as carefully as we could.” Tzuyu responds briefly with a half-smile.

The press then starts to make more questions but Tzuyu can’t even catch what some of them are speaking so she only bows and speaks. “I apologize I can’t answer all your questions but our team needs to go, thank you for your time”

As she ends her sentence she jumps and signals her team to follow her, thankfully the police officers don’t let the press follow them.

Once they are far away Tzuyu sighs. “I never understand why they ask so many questions.”

“You always answer only one or nothing, that makes them greedy.” Jeongyeon laughs. “But it’s okay tho, we never know what the press can do with too much information.”

“Exactly.” Tzuyu chuckles. “Mina-unnie can you take Sana-unnie to the ice I made?”

“She can walk.” Mina answers.

“Everybody is being so mean today, what did I do?” Sana whines and then makes an o with . “Don’t tell me I forgot a birthday.”

Tzuyu laughs softly. “You never forget them!”

Before Sana can respond Mina grabs her and takes her to the ice. “We just love to tease youu!” Jeongyeon exclaims.

After Sana melts the ice with her steam after eating a bit of spicy sauce, she and Mina return to the jeep where Jeongyeon and Tzuyu are waiting patiently.

“Anyone has milk?” Sana says between breaths. “That ing sauce it’s always so damn spicy.”

“Here.” Tzuyu handles Sana a strawberry milk box.

“God bless you.” Sana says as she drinks the milk fast. “ugh this tastes heavenly.”

Everyone chuckles as Tzuyu starts the engine and drives towards their house.

-----------------------------------------------------------

“Hello, girls! Good evening!” Wendy welcomes the team as they enter to her laboratory.

“We brought you bubble tea” Tzuyu handles the beverage to Wendy.

“Oh! How kind” Wendy chuckles and takes the bubble tea.

“And what is new?” Sana asks as she sits in the nearest chair.

“Well, Mina told me your costumes needed a few arrangements, so now they’re done! Would you like to know the changes?” Wendy smiles. “Oh and the study about your bodies and quirks”

“Sure!” The girls answer excitedly.

“I’ll start with Mina first.” Wendy starts showing the costume. “it still looks as elegant as it was even though it covers your whole body along with the cape and the only thing that changed is that it’s navy blue with golden details, this is because of the new material, it doesn’t stick to your body and the belt with tools can carry 1 or 2 kg more but only that”

Mina nods and smiles. “And about my condition?”

“Well, according to Ji your floating and emotions control quirk are still affected by loud noises and vibrations even though the costume can help you a little bit, it won’t do much, but your body condition is perfect.”

Mina frowns a little bit but nods again. “I have to work on that even more.”

Wendy smiles softly and turns to look at Sana. “For you, well the design changed a little bit, your collarbones and arms can be visible along with your neck and stomach since these are the parts where the steam comes out but is a see-through fabric so you won’t be showing much.”

“Ooh it looks cool, I like the combination of pink and purple.” Sana smiles brightly.

“And about your condition, well you might want to change the spicy sauce to produce hot steam because it’s becoming aggressive to your stomach, your quirk is weak against air and there are no changes but you cannot eat dark chocolate it seems like your stomach refuses it and therefore you cannot create steam if you eat it, but you can keep eating candy to make people faint, spicy for making burning skin a little, salt for causing itching eyes, sour candy to make muscles weak.”

“Woah that’s new, but I will keep it in mind, thanks.” Sana looks at Wendy with surprised eyes.

Wendy nods and turns to Jeongyeon. “For your costume, I remembered you wanted a hood so we put it and a red scarf to keep the sand out of your nose, your full dark green and red body costume now can let you transform your arms and leg into sand.

“Awesome! Now I can use my quirk fully, and about my condition let me guess, I’m still weak against water.” Jeong says with a sad smile.

“Exactly and after your tests, we discovered your sand gets weaker if you used it after 1 hour.” Wendy informs.

“oh yikes.” Jeongyeon says. “Well, now I can understand a lot of things.”

Wendy half-smiles to Jeongyeon and turns to Tzuyu. “Your costume well, it got a few upgrades, I hope you don’t mind your boots, part of your legs and chest are blue and the remaining costume is white, we put bags on each side of your hips for tools and the costume can resist even lower temperatures, this might help with your special ability.”

“I like the design, it goes with me I guess.” Tzuyu smiles and looks at Wendy. “I assume I still get slower and with possibilities of straining something if I use my quirk for 1 hour, isn’t it?”

“You are correct but you should be more careful, even though the costume protects you, your body will still react to the lower temperatures.” Wendy shares with a worried look.

Tzuyu smiles a little bit. “I will be careful”

“Your costume will release an alarm once it detects you’re surpassing the limit, I thought it might be helpful” Wendy smiles mildly.

“Thank you, it will be really helpful.” Tzuyu smiles at the scientific girl.

“That would be all, if you have questions please ask me.” Wendy looks at them before nodding when everybody shakes their heads. “I will be working on the new project, Mina can you join me?”

“Yeah.” Mina answers and turns to look at their friends, she notices Tzuyu looking somewhat distant and frowns. “I might be late for dinner but save me some noodles please.”

“Sure.” Jeongyeon says casually. “We are going now.”

Mina waves softly and mouths a “Check Tzuyu” to Jeongyeon and Sana before turning and go to Wendy’s direction as her friends watch her disappear into one of the laboratory’s rooms.

----------------------------------------

Tzuyu, Jeongyeon, and Sana decided to drink a coffee nearby, the view is great and they can see if everything goes correctly in Seoul.

Tzuyu is even quieter and her friends cannot help but wonder if it’s about what Wendy informed her, the youngest of the team can get sensitive when it comes to her quirk, thinking that she still lacks training, even though she is the strongest of them.

“Hey Tzu.” Jeongyeon calls and Tzuyu hums without looking at her.

“What are you thinking about?”.

“Quirks can be powerful but dangerous, and mysterious in some cases.” Tzuyu says as she looks at her coffee. “I didn’t think this quirk would be like that.”

“I wish I could use it more freely...” Tzuyu sighs and drinks her coffee softly.

“Maybe later we can discover something that might help you.” Sana says slowly.

Tzuyu half-smiles. “I hope so.”

Jeongyeon and Sana exchange looks and Jeong stretches a hand to ruffle Tzuyu’s hair. “What’s with that long face huh? Team leader.”

Tzuyu looks at her friends for a moment before smiling, she knows her friends know why she’s acting like this, but she is always thankful they don’t push the topic too much until she’s ready to talk to them about it.

“I want a muffin.” Tzuyu whispers and Jeongyeon gets up fast. “Our little girl wants a muffin and she will get it.”

The blue grey-haired woman laughs finally, adoring how her friends always spoil her whenever she doesn’t feel too well.

She watches Sana go after Jeongyeon telling her their little girl also wants bread and Tzuyu somehow ends with a whole package of that coffee’s bread but she wouldn’t desire anything else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

“What is this mission and why can’t we have a rest today” Jeongyeon groans as she enters to their barrack which is underground of their house and below their garage

“It’s an undercover mission, there’s a group of villains that has been causing problems but they always manage to escape, we have to be careful they are very meticulous.” Tzuyu informs as she covers her costume with a long coat.

“But why are they going to this boat party? The people in there will only present a new energy drink” Sana frowns. "I heard it's good for quirks."

“It’s weird isn’t it?” Mina says. “Maybe they’re searching for something else.”

“We don’t know what their objective is, but people might be in danger especially the creators or investors.” Tzuyu puts a photo on the table. “This is their leader.”

“Oh hello there.” Sana and Jeong say. “She is really pretty isn’t she a model or something?” Mina asks also surprised by the villain’s beauty

“Nope, but yeah I admit she is really stunning.” Tzuyu smiles and continues. “We don’t know neither the faces of the other villains nor their quirks but this girl’s quirk is Teleportation but in a 10 m range no more.

“That might be handful.” Jeongyeon says “But not so difficult, any weakness?”

“Unfortunately, we don’t have that information.” Tzuyu clicks her tongue. “but she has 3 teammates.”

“Well we can work with that.” Mina says.

“Like we always do.” Tzuyu says with a smile.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The party is calm and there are no signs of something unusual since the boat sailed, Tzuyu walks around with her drink in hand smiling politely to the people greeting her.

She analyzes cautiously the atmosphere, checking from time to time her teammates chatting with people from afar.

Everything seems normal, she grabs a little appetizer and takes a sip from her beverage half-smiling with nostalgia.

She was used to this type of event but not anymore.

The blue grey-haired woman enters the bathroom, she checks her watch noticing there are no new signals from her team.

“You are even prettier in person.”

Tzuyu turns to meet the voice’s owner noticing a sweet looking black-haired woman, her half-moon smile makes Tzuyu show a little smile. “Thank you.”

“Oh it’s nothing, I just didn’t expect to see the famous hero here.” The woman speaks again.

“Is that so?” Tzuyu washes her hands and looks at the girl from time to time. “This event is somewhat interesting.”

“Boring if you ask me.” The woman chuckles. “And…are you alone?”

“That was fast.” Tzuyu thinks and turns to look at the woman with a half-smile. “Someone is waiting for me.”

“Oh.” The girl sighs. “Well it was worth a shot.”

Tzuyu keeps her half-smile and slowly looks at her watch when it vibrates, she notices Wendy’s message, there’s a picture of the same girl in front of her.

“This is the villains faces! We managed to get more information from them along with their name-“ Tzuyu reads internally,

“Has I been discovered?” The woman giggles.

The blue grey-haired woman looks at the black-haired woman with a serious expression her hands

“What is your objective?” Tzuyu asks.

“I’m just here to help.” The black-haired woman answers and smiles.

Just as fast she runs towards Tzuyu trying to punch her but Tzuyu dodges it and grabs her wrist to turn the girl and take her down and grabbing her other wrist, restraining her successfully.

“Who and why are you trying to help.” The blue grey-haired woman asks grabbing both wrists with enough force to restrain the girl only.

The black-haired girl smirks and Tzuyu barely dodges a kick directed to her face the moment she looks up she realizes the one who tried to kick her looks exactly as the girl she has restrained.

“Clones.” Tzuyu mutters and freezes the first clone’s wrists as she jumps back and stays on guard.

“As expected from you, I couldn’t land a clean hit.” The black-haired girl smiles as she makes her restrained clone disappear but she creates six more. “So, I wonder if you can handle this.”

Tzuyu notices the clones coming for her and dodges their attacks managing to land some punches and kicks on them, then she notices there are two clones more and it’s starting to get somewhat complicated to fight eight people in such a tiny room but when she has had enough she sighs cold air and kicks horizontally freezing part of the clones’ bodies.

She searches for the real one but she grits her teeth when she notices the bathroom door open.

“One of her teammates escaped, she must be nearby, her quirk is cloning herself, the one with black hair check the picture Wendy sent to us!” Tzuyu informs talking to her watch.

On the other side of the boat, Sana grabs her broken hand looking at the villain in front of her wearing a breathing mask, a tall girl with violet-red hair.

The violet red-haired girl raises her hand and Sana bites her lip to stop herself from screaming.

“So it’s broken.” The tall girl smirks. “Maybe if you didn’t kick my stomach it wouldn’t be like that”

“Shut up” Sana chuckles between her teeth and raises her broken hand to speak to her watch. “Villain teammate discovered, she can control the body part she touches and-“

The tall girl tries to grab Sana’s face but Sana jumps back and manages to kick her chest roughly, she bites her lips again feeling the pain in her hand but she continues. “She has a modern breathing mask, my steam doesn’t affect her, I will try to stop her but if Jeong could come here it would be great.”

Jeongyeon who was helping the civilians to evacuate and go to the rescue boats, frowns worriedly when she hears Sana’s message.

When the last 10 civilians are about to get on the last rescue boat she notices Mina approaching and smiles. “Hey!”

Mina smiles and approaches Jeongyeon but for some reason Jeongyeon senses something feels off but she can’t pinpoint what.

She turns to see the last civilian is about to get on the rescue boat but someone kicks her ribs making her cough and search for the one who kicked her.

She finds Mina smiling and trying to stab a knife in her hand but she quickly transforms her hands into sand and tries to punch Mina but fails.

“I knew something was wrong but damn, who the hell are you?” Jeongyeon frowns as she looks at “Mina”

“I should’ve stabbed you from the start but it wasn’t going to be fun.” ‘Mina’ speaks as her face starts to change revealing an unknown girl with pink hair.

“I found the last villain, her quirk is shapeshifting into persons, let me take care of her and I will go with Sana.” Jeong informs her watch and runs to the pink-haired girl.

In the quarter of cabins, the real Mina is trying to find the leader of the villain team but her teleportation quirk is giving Mina a hard time finding her.

“I can see you but you can’t see me.” The villain woman says giggling.

“Once I find you this will not be funny.” Mina speaks with a cold tone.

“It’s pretty funny to me.” The villain woman says as she appears in front of Mina and Mina tries to touch her but once again the villain teleports making Mina frown.

Bae Joohyun, that’s your real name isn’t it?” Mina says as she turns and manages to kick Joohyun’s feet after she discovered her hiding strategy and almost touch her surprised face now that she’s on the ground but Joohyun dodges her hand and teleports again.

“What is your plan?” Mina asks as she keeps looking around.

“We already have what we wanted.” Joohyun smirks and this time she punches Mina’s back hard enough to send her rolling to the ground.

“We just need to escape.”

--------------------------------------------------------------------

“Get your hands off that.” Tzuyu says as she finds the black-haired girl in the rail grabbing a rolled paper and a bag.

“I don’t think so” The woman chuckles and creates clones again but this time Tzuyu moves her hand faster and freezes them completely noticing how they disappear. “They’re weak against ice, isn’t it? That’s why you ran way, Kang Seulgi

The black-haired girl bites her lips feeling surprised that her identity has been revealed along with her weakness.

Just then a loud sound is heard making Tzuyu and Seulgi look at that direction, the pink-haired girl falls beside Seulgi and coughs sand. Tzuyu smiles when she notices Jeongyeon sand fist from afar along with Sana.

Tzuyu hears the floor breaking and jumps back when a hand coming from the broken floor tries to grab her feet.

“She is the one who can control your body parts!” Sana shouts and Tzuyu clicks her tongue trying to freeze her but the tall girl dodges her attacks and jumps to the rail standing in front of Seulgi and the pink-haired girl in a protecting manner.

On another part of the rail Mina is fighting fist to fist with Joohyun, Mine deduces she cannot teleport anymore since she’s not disappearing however it’s getting difficult even for the professional hero.

Joohyun notices a fire extinguisher in one of the rail’s pillar and grabs it to hit Mina with it but Mina dodges the hit.

Joohyun smirks and points the fire extinguisher to her activating it in front of Mina’s face.

Mina coughs but still manages to run after Joohyun, touching her neck even though her vision is blurry, she starts to control the villain’s emotions, she uses Joohyun’s sadness making the villain fall on her knees because she can’t stop crying.

She manages to restrain Irene with a special rope tying up her slim wrists. “I have the leader!” Mina informs between coughs.

When Seulgi hears this from the other side of the boat she bites her inner cheek and turns to share looks with the tall girl.

“It’s over.” Tzuyu says as she looks at them fiercely.

But then, something unexpected happens.

Tzuyu covers her face with her arms as a large tube made of seawater pierces the floor where the three villains are fast and loud.

“What the…” Tzuyu says with a perplexed look at the scene, she can’t believe it.

“.” Jeongyeon and Sana say with the same astonished look, they can’t believe it either.

Tzuyu and her team look at where the 3 villains teammates were supposed to be…but they’re nowhere to be seen.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hello again! It's a pleasure to be here writing again hehe, I hope you are doing great in this pandemic, eating well and being healthy.

I will explain more about their powers and about them in the following chapters C: 

If you are giving this a try, thank you very much! 

PS: Have you guys watched monster? I can't stop watching it! Also, the whole mini-album is a masterpiece, Seulrene are so powerful dear god. *intense gay screaming* 

And more and more! omg it was so good too, it's catchy and has a nice rhythm, even tho my favorite is make me go ugh, it's soo goood

Also, How you like that and sour candy, two bops I can't stop listening to them too. 

I will stop here jsjsjs, see you later! Take care!