Chapter 2

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol was laying on his bed and thinking about what had happened. He wanted to know more about the stranger who saved him. He could still feel her touch. It was so gentle, warm, so calm. He had never experienced something like that.

"Who are you?" He said as he lifted the necklace.

It was a silver necklace with a bullet shape crystal. It was very beautiful. He touched the crystal and it started to glow. He looked at it with amazement. He has seen a lot of strange things, but this was different. It got him curious. He wanted to find her. Where did she come from? Why was she running? What was that light? That power? Where did it come from? What is she? He had many questions but no answers to them and it was frustrating.

He put the necklace away in his pocket and looked out the window. It was getting darker and the only light that was outside was coming from the full moon. It was almost time to leave, but he wished he could stay in his room and just sleep it off. 

Sadly they were on a mission that didn't allow that. A mission where everything was on the line and where innocent beings were being killed. As he rolled to the other side of his bed to reach for his phone he heard a knock on the door and then the door opened. 

It was Kai. 

"Ready?" Kai said.

Chanyeol just nodded and got up, putting his phone in his inner jacket pocket. Kai didn't say anything else, he just left the room. He figured there was something wrong with Chanyeol. He seemed even more distant and in his own thoughts more often than usual. Kai always knew when something was off or if something is bothering Chanyeol. 

Chanyeol has been acting strange ever since last night and Kai saw it right away. He didn't talk about the attack or how he even survived it, he just brushed it off. Kai and Suho never pushed things with Chanyeol. Of course, they had a lot of questions, but what was the use? The more they push to get him to talk, the more he'll refuse. Chanyeol will talk when he is ready, he always does. 

Chanyeol joined the boys in the hallway and put on his shoes. Without a word he just walked out of the house first with his hands in his pockets. The other two followed him and they all headed toward the woods. 

Kai was a fighter and he was not a friendly one at that, he had no mercy, and he also wasn't much of a talker. He preferred actions. He leads himself by the motto: Beat now, explain later. Lately, a lot of strange things have been going on in the area and the boys were on a mission to stop it.

They already had an encounter with one of the monsters, and it wasn't pretty. Chanyeol would know best. They were really strong. Deadly. No one knew where they came from or what they are, but where ever they go they leave darkness and death behind them.

Suho on the other hand was a bit different. He had a gentle side, and he always gave a second chance until someone pisses him off. In that case... run. As fast as possible.

Times became dark and dangerous, and it was their job to protect the area, it was a promise that was made by their ancestors. They were the protectors, there was no doubt about that.

"Are you sure your informant can be trusted?" Suho asked Kai as they walked deeper into the woods. 

"Yes," Kai replied.

"So far no luck. I see nothing." Suho complained.

"You.." Kai wanted to say something but Chanyeol cut him off.

"Enough," Chanyeol said and continued to walk further into the wood.

The boys followed without saying a word. They listened to every sound that came from the distance. They caught every scent that came their way, for now, there was no luck, but they had no plan to give up. At some point, they stopped and took a moment to look around. They could feel them close, but they had to separate. It was easier that way, but thankfully they had backup from other packs.

Kai's informant was right.  

Chanyeol took the path that was straight in front of him and this time he could scent a different smell and hear noises. He was getting closer and closer, nearby there was a bush and he decided to hide behind it. Chanyeol looked around and there they were.

Sadly they could feel his scent and before he knew it they were on the run. Without thinking Chanyeol jumped out of the bush turning into his wolf form. He was running

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter