Chapter 9

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A few days passed and even though he had fully recovered from his injured the guys from the pact didn't allow him to fight. They wanted him to rest, now that was something he was against as he wanted to join them in the night patrols, but since it was Luhan's order he obeyed otherwise he wouldn't listen to what others said. He was usually like that, if he sets his mind to something he will do it even if it kills him. 

Luhan's word on the other hand is something he respected. Luhan was his savior and they go way back. For you see, Chanyeol used to be a human. The story of how he became a hybrid is something he rather not remember, but that was impossible. No matter how much he tried, he just couldn't. It always stayed with him and it was a reminder not to trust others easily. It's a story he rather not tell others. He didn't feel comfortable talking about it, and he hoped that he would never have to explain it to anyone. Luhan was the only one that knew and that was enough. 

He yawned and stretched as he was sitting at the kitchen table. He hasn't been this lazy in a while. Of course, he liked the fact that he could sleep in and not worry about training but he also missed all the fun. At this point, the only thing that kept him alive was talking with Jooeun and with the boys, when they were all at home of course, and recently they have been busy at night and during the day they were mostly asleep. He couldn't blame them, it was exhausting and he understood that. 

Jooeun and he talked every day, it was either via text or video calling. Recently something had been bothering Jooeun and he could tell that. Every time he would ask her if she wants to come over she found an excuse. He wasn't mad or anything like that, but he was curious. Every time he would ask her about her day the reply would be the same, 'Just at home.' He was usually the one that would go over to her place but he felt a bit uncomfortable because of her friend and cousin. Mostly her cousin, he was moody and Jooeun would always apologize in his name.

It wasn't so hard to figure out that she doesn't leave the house at all, not to mention that spell around the house. At first, he didn't pay much attention to it, but it now all made sense. She was hiding from someone or something. Many things ran through his head but he didn't think it was right to ask even though he was really curious. 

"Curiosity killed the cat Chanyeol. Drop it." He said to himself not noticing it was out loud. 

Aylin who was happened to be there as well turned around and looked at him. Recently he had been talking to himself a lot and sometimes even she didn't always understand him, but the things she understood were mostly related to Jooeun. That night when he arrived from her place he was a different man. The energy around him was different and he didn't seem as cold and distant. He was okay about answering all the questions he was asked, but in the past, that wasn't the case. It was a pleasant surprise for all of them. 

"Aylin?" Chanyeol suddenly asked, lifting his head from the phone and looking at her. 

"Yes?" She smiled as she finished drying the plates. 

"Why... Nevermind. Sorry." He said and looked back at his phone. 

"Out with it," Aylin said and walked over, sitting in the chair next to him. 

"I'm just confused and curious." He looked up at her again.

"About what?" She crossed her arms.

"Who could she be hiding from? She won't say it but it's clear as day." He paused. "Every time I call her over she finds an excuse, but that's not it, otherwise she wouldn't have that spell." 

Aylin thought about it for a moment and a lot of things crossed her mind. Anything can be in question so Aylin didn't want to jump to a conclusion but she really wanted to have a chance and meet Jooeun one day. She wanted to learn more about her. 

"There is a reason for everything and we all have some things that we don't want to say right away, or we never say out of reasons only we know why." She paused and picked up her coffee cup. "Everything takes time and I'm sure once both of you are 100 percent comfortable with each other things will come out on their own." 

"How do you know?" He leaned in the chair.

"Take Luhan and me for example." She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter