Chapter 18

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The day of the battle arrived and pretty much the guys were preparing for it from early morning. Everyone was nervous in their own way and they tried their best not to talk about what if's. There was no use of it anyways. What will happen will happen and the best thing they could do is be prepared for anything that comes their way. Aylin and Choo will work on the magic and as for Jooeun, she wasn't allowed to use it anymore. She had enough power even without the magic. They didn't want anything worse to happen to her so that was the only way. 

At first, Jooeun refused that idea because she knew it put a lot of pressure on them as well, but in the end, she had to agree with them. They didn't even want to hear the excuses and her reasons. They were aware of the dangers and her helping was out of the question. They'll manage somehow, and do whatever it takes. No questions were asked about it. It's enough that they let her help in the fight and that was final. Chanyeol was strongly against it, but somehow Jooeun managed to get him around. 

She understood Chanyeol's worries, but she didn't want to let the guys fight alone, after all, she brought them into this so if anything goes wrong, she would rather sacrifice herself than let anything happen to them. She was aware that they had all made a deal that they will help, but the stakes were bigger and the game has changed. They are after her, so they will try everything in their power to get rid of obstacles that get in their way, she planned to keep the guys safe, no matter what, and of course without using magic.

"You sure about this?" Jooeun asked Choo.

"Positive." Choo smiled.

"But, I am worried about you, you haven't fully recovered." She added.

"Don't." He smiled, looking at her. "I'll be fine."

"Don't worry, everything will be alright," Aylin added as she placed her hand on Jooeun's shoulder.

Jooeun nodded her head and smiled slightly. She had faith in Aylin, but she knew her friend. Choo always went over his limits and Jooeun didn't like that. It would exhaust him and that was bad. It would take him some time to regain and recover, but he was stubborn and no matter how hard Jooeun tried to stop him, it never worked. Choo knew himself the best and even when he pushed himself over the limits it didn't matter. According to him, Jooeun had no reason to worry, instead, she should focus on what is to come. 

She excused herself and let Aylin and Choo get ready. Before joining the guys she went to Chul's room to check on him. His role was, as usual, a doctor. The door to his room was opened so she just walked in. He was sitting at his desk and looking at some syringes that were on his table. He was doing his own type of research to see what exactly can he create that would help the hybrids heal faster. Not many things work on them since their body has different genetic code, so, at times, it was frustrating to him. Just as he thinks he found a solution, a problem occurs and then he has to start all over again. 

Jooeun walked over to him and sat down on the empty chair that was there. He looked at her and smiled. There wasn't much for him to say, since this into something that can be talked out, this was something that had to be ended once and for all and the fight was the only way out of it. He didn't really agree with it, but sometimes some things can't be changed, so even if he complained nothing would change, instead it would cause Jooeun to be more stressed, and that wouldn't help anyone and it wouldn't get them anywhere. 

Chul took her hand and just nodded his head. It was the same as telling her that everything will be alright. He usually wasn't much of a talker when it came to moments when she went to war. He just never could find the right words so he didn't even bother with trying. Jooeun knew that so she didn't bother with it. She knew she had his support even without him saying anything. That was enough for her. 

"Sorry for interrupting you guys, but we need Jooeun," Kyungsoo said as he peeked his head into the room. 

"I'll be right there." She replied. 

Kyungsoo nodded his head and left. Jooeun hugged her cousin and left the room, walking down the hallway toward where the guys were. As she c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter