Chapter 12

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

It's been 2 months into their training and the guys were getting better and better. They were able to understand the little tricks and the way of fighting with a Kumiho.  Jooeun, Choo, and Aylin were aware that the difficult part is yet to come. Magic. That's not something to play around with and no matter how much confidence a person has, magic will be magic. Aylin and Choo had recently been working on some potions that the guys were taking regularly. It gave them more power, and it was only to prepare them for what will come. 

Kumiho's magic was three times stronger now with the fusion and to win, the opponent had to be prepared for anything, not only being strong but mental strength was also important. Last time they were lucky because they had Jooeun's pendant. Why? Kumiho likes to play with the mind. They make their opponent see things that are not there, they have the ability to make others go insane with the voices they hear. That's how a Kumiho takes advantage. Jooeun couldn't allow that. She was a bit nervous that she will have to use her magic, but she had no choice.

That was the only way to get them ready, but at the same time, she was afraid of waking the evil inside of her that has been sealed for a long time. Something that she didn't tell anyone, and something only she knows, but how she got it? That they a big question. All she knew is that her dad always warned her about her magic and she always had to promise that she wouldn't use it as much, but everything she would try to ask why her father would change the subject. 

Today was that day. Jooeun was in her room and she was standing next to the window, looking out into the garden. The guys were there and they were exercising with Kai, Suho, and Luhan. They all lived under the same roof and they had their own rooms. It was mostly because of Jooeun's safety since it was a risk for her to come and go. She liked having them around and it was really fun. Chul eventually started talking with her and he explained to Chanyeol that he had nothing against him, he was just worried about her. Chanyeol of course understood that and didn't ask any further questions since he already knew everything. Jooeun filled him in on the details.

"Come in." She said as she heard a knock on the door. 

The door opened and she turned around to see who it was. It was Chanyeol and he had a tray of food with him. She smiled. 

"A little birdie told me that you haven't eaten at all this morning." He said and closed the door with his foot. 

"I'm not hungry." She said.

Chanyeol walked over to her desk and put the tray down. He pulled out the chair and then walked over to one of the corners where another chair was and carried it over to the desk. Afterward, he walked over to Jooeun, took her hand and they both walked over to the desk and sat down. Jooeun really wasn't hungry and she just felt sick in her stomach. It was all out of worry for them. She just couldn't help but worry. 

"At least a bit, please," Chanyeol said and picked up the fork. 

"But, I'm really not hungry." She complained.

"Fine, if that's the case I won't eat either." He put the fork down and leaned back on the chair crossing his arms across his chest. 

"Chanyeol..." Jooeun sighed.

Chanyeol didn't react at all. He understood her worries, but he was also worried about her. He wanted her to stay healthy, because she as well will need her power, and skipping meals was a bad thing. She's been training a lot with the guys and it's taken an effect on her. He understood that she wanted to help them, but he also knew that she had to take care of herself. Chanyeol didn't want anything bad to happen to his girl. 

"Fine." She replied.

Chanyeol smiled brightly and quickly kissed her cheek. She rolled her eyes playfully and leaned in to kiss him back. She was happy to have him in her life, he was the rainbow after the rain and she could enjoy every moment with him. It didn't matter what the situation was, good or bad they felt comfortable sharing and they would brighten up each other's day. 

Once they were done eating Jooeun cleaned up and Chanyeol helped her. It was time to prepare for another training session. This session was different from what they faced so far. Jooeun took a quick shower and got into her sweatpants and long sleeve shirt. Once she picked her hair up into a ponytail she walked out of the bathroom and closed the window in her bedroom. As she was about to leave her room. Chanyeol walked inside and closed the door behind him. 

"Shouldn't we join the others?" J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter