Chapter 22

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Aylin was in her office going through books and searching for more information about Adolphus. Things became more clear as to what happened back then. The guys were there in the office with her as well and they were waiting to hear the story since Aylin gathered them all in her office. They were all waiting patiently, but it was very hard. Chanyeol followed Aylin's every move and noticed all the facial expressions she made. She finally let the book down and looked at them. 

"So by now you all know the legend, right?" Aylin asked them, as she stood up from her chair and walked to the other side of the room where they were.

The boys only nodded their heads as they looked at her. 

"It turns out there is more to the story, so for you see, to lock the beast away his power had to be split in half." She paused for a moment as she was looking for the right words to use. "Jooeun's father found the way at that time, not only with the sacrifice of his own sister but also he used his daughter as well." 

"But how is that even possible? I mean..." Luhan paused for a moment as chills ran down his spine. "If the legend is true, those kinds of kids don't survive, do they?" 

"There are a few cases and she is one of them, after all, she was chosen to take over." Aylin sighed. "Anyway, Adolphus's power was split into half and that half was hidden in Jooeun's power. I am not sure if she knew or not." 

"She knew about the evil in her..." Chanyeol said.

"True, but it doesn't mean she knew the whole story," Aylin added.

"So what now?" Chanyeol said.

"Now we hope for the best. She's alive, but I really don't know the outcome... we need to keep Adolphus alive for now, until we see if she will wake up from the coma or not."  Aylin sighed.

***

Chanyeol was sitting next to Jooeun's bed and thinking about Aylin's words and what she discovered. There were still some questions that were left unanswered and Jooeun maybe has the answers to them or maybe not, but that wasn't important right now. The most important part was that Jooeun woke up. Her state was stable, but she was breathing over machines. And as long it was like that there was a risk. 

Chanyeol held her hand and hummed a sweet tune. He wasn't sure if she could hear it or not, but he hoped she did. For the past couple of days, there was no reaction from her. Aylin and Chul tried to wake her from the coma, but it was a fail so, in the end, they let it be. They didn't want to put more pressure on her body, so they decided to monitor and keep her on machines, hoping that when her body fully recovers she will wake up. Many things worried them but the only they could do was think positively. 
 

'Cause all of me,

Loves all of you

Love your curves and all your edges,

All your perfect imperfections,

Give your all to me, 

I'll give my all to you,

You're my end and my beginnin', 

Even when I lose I'm winnin',

'Cause I give you all of me, 

And you give me all of you...

 

Suddenly there was a knock on the door and it shook Chanyeol away from his thoughts he lifted his head, looking towards the door. The door soon opened and Luhan stepped inside. He was carrying a tray with food for Chanyeol. The young one hasn't been eating well or hasn't been eating at all and that worried Luhan a lot. Luhan walked over to the desk and put the tray down. 

Chanyeol didn't say anything, he just focused his attention back on Jooeun and the monitors that were in the room. Luhan sighed and walked over to the bed. He looked at the young one and stayed quiet for a few minutes. 

"You need to eat." Luhan finally said, looking at the young one. 

"I'm not hungry," Chanyeol said in a whisper. 

Luhan sighed and closed his eyes for a moment before opening them again. 

"Listen..." Luhan looked at him. "I know that you are worried and I know that all your attention is on her, but you need to take care of yourself as well. Do you think that she would be happy if she knew that you weren't taking care of yourself and not eating? 

Chanyeol just shrugged his shoulders and sighed. 

"She wouldn't like and it would make her sad. Your being in that state will not help her, it will only make things worse for you. You need to be strong, for both."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter