Chapter 3

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's been a few days since her escape and the encounter. Jooeun spent most of her days alone at home. Chul had many night shifts recently, so he spent most of his time at the hospital, as for Choo, he was also busy with his work, but he would come home around dinner time so the two of them would hang out. She enjoyed it and it helped her get things off her mind. 

She was getting bored of always staying at home and even if she did complain she couldn't change much. Chul kept repeating the same thing over and over again and she got it. She understood that he was worried about her, but he was overreacting to something, and as always she didn't want to push it. If she did it would only cause a headache, so for now she would have to bear with it. Hopefully, it wouldn't last long. 

She was laying on her bed and just thinking about everything. For some strange reason, she couldn't get him out of her head. Why was she thinking about him? Who was he? Why was he there? What happened to him? How did he get injured? The same questions crossed her mind and she was also surprised that she kept thinking about him. After all, he was just a stranger. She doesn't even know his name. Why would she care?

She sighed and closed her eyes. 

***

"Wait..." He said.

She didn't turn back or stop. She couldn't. They were after her and they were close. She had to continue because it wouldn't take long for them to find her. Jooeun already risked it by helping him.

"Please... who are you?" He asked again.
 
She looked at him one last time before turning around and disappearing into the night. 

***

"Stop." She said to herself and shook her head, opening her eyes.

She blinked a few times and sat up in bed. She wanted to get him out of her thought but it wasn't possible. Something told her that he was somehow related to this whole situation. Could it be that he had an encounter with her clan or maybe the shadows?

Jooeun could only imagine what happened since going out to investigate was out of the question.  She had to keep a low profile. Recently a lot of things have been going on, and not only was her clan after her but also the shadows. Shadows had nothing to do with her clan, it was a personal thing why they were after her. 

Her enemies don't go down easily and she was aware of that. She threw herself back on the bed and as she touched her neck she felt the scar that was there. It triggered another flashback. 

***

"You think you can get away with this?" She asked. 

The Shadow didn't say anything. He just circled her and played with a knife. 

"Beg for your life." He finally said.

"Never." She replied. 

The Shadow put the knife under her neck and cut it. It was painful but she didn't scream. She didn't want to give him that pleasure. She didn't want to show her fear. Fear is what they feed off and she knew that very well. 

***

She had a scar on her neck from that night. She went over it with her finger and sighed. It always reminded her of that accident. That was one of the reasons why she always had her hair down. It hid the scar and no one would notice it, so she would avoid explaining how she got it or what happened. It was bothersome. 

She pushed away from her thoughts and sat up on her bed. She decided to take a bath and just relax, besides there was nothing else to do. She got up and stretched before turning around and heading for the bathroom. There was a set of new clothes for her in the bathroom already so she just the water and let the tub fill in. 

While she was waiting for the bathtub to fill she walked out and headed toward the kitchen. She poured herself a glass of wine and then went back. Jooeun put the glass next to the bathtub and turned the water off. She took off her clothes, lifted her hair, and got in. She closed her eyes and just enjoyed the moment. The touch of the water felt very nice and it helped her body relax. It was like a type of massage, that never failed. 

She reached for the glass and took a sip out of it, putting it back to the side. She was able to empty her mind and not think about anything, and for a change it was good. It was something that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter