Chapter 13

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jooeun was in her room and she was struggling to fall asleep. As she laid on her bed and looked at the ceiling she listened to the raindrops hit the window. It was pleasant and relaxing. She smiled and turned to the side, facing the window. Storms were her favorite and for her, it felt like her moment of peace. Others couldn't really understand that but she didn't care and she never found the need to explain it. Jooeun sat up in bed and pulled the covers off of her and put on her slippers that were next to her bed and stood up. 

She was tired of staying in bed so she decided to sit in the rocking chair next to the window and just enjoy herself. She really needed this, especially after today's training. The magic really exhausted her and since she didn't use it for some time it caused some pain. Also, during the training Chanyeol had the most difficult time compared to the others. In the end, he was of course successful but he still needed a lot of practice. Jooeun also noticed that he hadn't been sleeping well due to some nightmares he was having. 

Jooeun didn't ask him what they were about, since she could tell that it was difficult to talk about it, but the only thing he mentioned was that it had something to do with his past. She was curious but she wasn't the type of person who liked to push others into telling her what was wrong. When Chanyeol is ready and if he wants to talk about it, he can. She was worried about him and he was worried about her. He didn't want to worry her and he always kept his happy mood on. 

Whatever happened to him has felt like a scar and from time to time he would pull back, but she knew that it wasn't because she didn't like her, but he was afraid of losing her to maybe doing or saying something that might sound offensive. She understood that, but at least she could see his true happiness and in reality, he wasn't as cold as everyone thought he was. Maybe it is silly to say that she knows him well after only 2 months, but it was the truth. She didn't want to jinx anything but all she wished for is that things turn out well in the end. 

Jooeun got up from the chair and walked out of her bedroom. She felt thirsty so she headed for the kitchen. It was silent in the house and everyone was asleep. Tonight there was no need for the guys to guard so Luhan gave them some time to rest. Jooeun walked into the kitchen and went straight toward the fridge. She opened it and took out a bottle of water and then turned around to head back toward her room. 

On her way to the room she had to pass by Chanyeol's room and that's when she heard something. It seemed like someone was arguing. She stopped, took a step back, and leaned a bit on the door to hear what was going on. 

"No! No! What do you want from me?" 

Chanyeol was having another nightmare. Without hesitating, she opened the door of his bedroom and walked inside. Jooeun looked towards the bed and he was tossing and turning. His hands clutched onto the bedsheets. He was trying to escape and fight off whatever it was he saw in his dream. She quickly walked over to his bed and put her bottle of water on the nightstand, before sitting down on the edge of the bed. 

"Please don't..." 

Jooeun looked at Chanyeol and he was in a sweat. She shook him in hopes that maybe it would calm him down, but it didn't work. He was so absorbed in his dream that he didn't even feel her touch. She sighed as she disliked seeing him like this so there was no other choice but to force him to wake up. Jooeun shook him again and then quickly grabbed his hands and put them to the side. 

"Babe. Wake up!" She said and she struggled to keep him calm. 

For another few minutes, there was no reaction, but then suddenly he opened his eyes and sat straight up. He was breathing hard and his body was shaking. The dream was so realistic that it shook him badly. Jooeun placed her hand on top of his hand and he lifted his head, looking at her. Without saying anything she just hugged him. He wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his head under her hair. His breathing finally calmed down and he stopped shaking. 

"It's okay, babe. It's okay." Jooeun whispered. 

They stayed like that for a bit and then Jooeun broke the hug so she can look at him. As she looked into his eyes she could see fear and she could tell that the dream once again affected him badly. 

"Babe?" Jooeun rubbed his cheek. 

She wanted him to give her any kind of response, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter