Chapter 21

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


"Jooeun, please!" Chanyeol said as he stopped her from attacking him. 

She had no emotions in her anymore and the look in her eyes was pure evil. He has never seen such a thing in his life, and trust him when he says that he has battled many, but this was something beyond him. Something from his wildest dreams. The power, the magic, the defense. This was a powerful creature, but at the same time, it was his Jooeun. His love, his everything. 

He didn't want to fight her, but he had no choice. He promised that he would get her back and that's exactly what he will do, no matter what it takes. He was strong enough to fend off her attacks and stop them, as well as strong enough to attack back since Aylin helped him a lot, but he knew that one wrong move can kill Jooeun so he had to be careful and for now fending off was the best thing to do. 

The others from the pack were also busy and they were fighting against the others, and so far they were winning. The shadows were getting annoyed and they slowly started pulling back, knowing that this was not going to end well, as for the nine-tails they fought until the very end. There were body parts and blood everywhere around the field and it was difficult to figure out who was who in that mess, but the most important part was that they were winning, at least for now. 

Chanyeol was holding off yet another attack and it was a close one. He kept looking into its eyes in hopes that he will see a glimpse of her. A cry for help. He knew that she was there somewhere, but the magic was too strong and it was keeping her locked in this monster. Chanyeol at this point understood what Jooeun was trying to explain to him and what kind of evil she was talking about. He wanted to yell out at the whole world right now, but he had to stay calm, he had to keep it together for her. But honestly, from the inside, he was falling apart. 

"Jooeun, I know you can hear me!" He said again. "Fight it, Jooeun! Fight it!" 

The creature looked at him and laughed. 

"She is gone for good." The creature said. 

Aylin's words started running through his head as he created a shield around himself, as the creature continued to attack him, not leaving one second to spare. Everything in him wanted to fight, but he knew the risk.

***

"Don't listen to it, and don't let it get to you. She is always and you can feel that deep within you." Aylin said. 

"What if..." Chanyeol got cut off. 

"No what if's. What does your heart tell you?" Aylin asked. 

Chanyeol closed his eyes for a moment and memories of her started playing in front of his eyes. 

"Jooeun, hang in there." He said as a tear ran down his cheek. 

***

He felt the power becoming stronger in the beast and it was starting to exhaust Chanyeol. He closed his eyes and said a few words in Latin that Aylin taught him. It was to help him regain his power and it worked, soon enough the shield was strong again but the beast just didn't stop. It seemed to Chnayeol like it will never wear out. And he was right partly. 

Suddenly in the corner of his eye, he could see a shadow approach the two and he smirked, as his eyes became blood red. He looked up at the creature and called out his name. 

"Adolphus!" He said. 

The creature looked at him and everything just stopped at that moment. and Aylin's eyes widened. She couldn't believe her ears and neither could Chanyeol. Adolphus was the Shadow's son, the very son mentioned in the legend, but how did he wake him again? How did he find him? No one knew where he was. all that was known is that he was locked up and that was that. How? When? 

The creature looked at his father and let out a growl. A fireball appeared behind him and he looked at Chanyeol. Chanyeol froze as the name kept running through his mind. He just didn't get it and it threw him off track. The creature growled again and the fireball was thrown toward Chanyeol. His eyes widened and he reached for a crystal that was given to him by Aylin.

"Now!!!" Aylin yelled over to Chanyeol.

At that moment Jooeun's pendant started glowing and it combined with his and Aylin's. The power it created was unbelievable. At that moment everything blinded and there was silence for the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter