Chapter 8

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

While she was in the kitchen Chanyeol got out of bed but he was being careful not to open up the wounds on his stomach again. He needed to use the bathroom, and for some strange reason, he felt like throwing up. Thankfully he didn't feel pain anymore except around the area where the 3 deep wounds were. He hurried as fast as he could to reach the bathroom and he was successful at it. 

Jooeun came back into the room only to find him gone. She placed the tray with the food on the desk and walked over to the bed. She could hear him in the bathroom and this was a chance for her to change the sheets quickly. They were bloody from earlier and she didn't want him to lay back in those sheets. She took them off the bed and quickly put on the new ones.

As she was finishing up and puffing the pillow Chanyeol walked out. He wore the robe that she had left for him in the bathroom. Jooeun stood up and smiled, walking over to him and helping him get back to bed. He smiled slightly at her as he got into bed and sat up. 

"Thank you." He said.

"No problem. I'm Jooeun and you are?" She asked and walked over to the desk to get the tray. 

"Chanyeol." He answered, watching her. 

Jooeun walked back to the bed and placed the tray on his lap. She then smiled and sat on the chair. "Eat while it's warm, it will help you." 

"Thank you." He replied and first picked up the glass of water. 

He was so thirsty that he felt like he was burning from the inside. As soon as he put the glass down, Jooeun picked it up and refilled it again. Chanyeol tried the stew and it was delicious. Without even realizing he finished the bowl in a matter of seconds, causing him to feel full and a bit embarrassed for eating so fast. 

"That was delicious. Thank you Jooeun. I really don't know how to repay you. This is the second time you saved my life and I'm in debt to you." He said. 

And that was true. No matter what it is she can count on him and his pact from now on.

"Why do you think you are in debt to me? I did something that anyone else would do." She smiled and opened the first aid kit. "Now let's check those wounds of yours."

As she touched him again he felt his heart racing again. He looked at her and her beauty made him blind. Not just the beauty from the outside, but the one from the inside. Chanyeol always had the power of reading others and he knew exactly who was good and who was bad. His judgment never tricked him. 

Even though their way of the meeting was sad, he was still happy to have this chance of meeting such a nice young woman. Of course, he wanted to get to know her more and there was something mysterious about her, but it would be too strange if he asked many questions right away and she might think he is a creep. He wanted to give both of them time to develop a friendship where they can trust each other. He wasn't sure where it would lead them but this was a path he was willing to take. 

"You should rest for the next few days. I was able to heal most of the wounds but these on your stomach are the worst." She paused for a moment and closed the first aid kit, putting it away. "But you'll be fine."

Chanyeol thought about the fight last night and some parts he couldn't remember or were blurry, but what he remembered was the pain and the power that appeared from the pendant. As he looked at her, he saw the pendant around her neck. 

"I will be sure to rest." He laid down slowly to relax his body a bit more. "Also that pendant you have is really powerful." 

Jooeun nodded her head and tucked him in.

"Thank you for holding it." She smiled.

At that moment there was a knock on the door.

"Come in," Jooeun said.

The door opened and Chanyeol looked at the tall man that came in. He walked straight over to Jooeun and hugged her. She hugged him back and patted his back a little. He then turned to Chanyeol and looked at him before speaking. 

"I came to check on the two of you.." He paused and turned back to Jooeun. "I managed to get Chul to agree to go out for a few drinks with me, so we will be back in a few hours. If you guys need anything, just give me a call." He smiled. 

"Have fun you two and don't worry, we can manage," Jooeun said.

Chul nodded and smiled, turning back to Chanyeol. 

"I apo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter