Chapter 10

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

They pulled back and leaned their foreheads against each other, their eyes closed. Chanyeol was still holding her and he just didn't want to let go, but he knew he had to since soon enough someone will go looking for them. He smiled and both stood up straight. He was happy that she didn't reject him or push him away and that gave me an answer to one of his worries. Now he could be at ease, even though he couldn't say it in words, he hoped that the kiss was able to tell her. 

"Shall we go inside?" He asked.

Jooeun looked up at him and smiled, nodding her head. He took her hand and the two of them walked inside. The garage door leads straight into the kitchen. She took off her jacket and Chanyeol placed it on the hanger that was near the door and gave her slippers. Just as the two of them were about to leave the kitchen and enter the living room Aylin entered the kitchen. She had a big bright smile on her face. Aylin looked at them and noticed that they were holding hands.

"Welcome, love." She walked up to her. 

"Thank you for having me over," Jooeun replied and bowed slightly. 

"No need for the formalities love. I'm Aylin and you must be Jooeun." Aylin pulled her into a hug. "Chanyeol has told me so much about you. It's great to finally meet you." 

"The pleasure is mine as well." Jooeun smiled and hugged Ayling back. 

"Now you two love birds go into the living room while I prepare some snacks, drinks, and coffee." She walked over to the kitchen counter. 

Chanyeol took her hand again and they both walked into the living room. She sat down on the couch and Chanyeol sat down next to her. They were still holding hands and neither one of them wanted to let go first. It was difficult for both of them to put into words how they felt, but it was an amazing feeling indeed and it was something new for Jooeun. She had one relationship before but that didn't last long, it was a relationship that was bound to be ruined in the end, but from it, she learned a lot. 

For Chanyeol his relationships never lasted long and he never really tried to win over someone's heart. Mostly it was just a one-night thing or a 1-week relationship if that can even be called a relationship. It was a promise he made to himself to not fall in love. But this time it was different. He wanted to try harder, he wanted it to last. It's just one of those things when you know that you want it and you are ready to fight for it. He would usually feel sick and ignore others when they told him about it, but now he finally understands what they meant by it. 

The two of them talked about different topics, nothing special since they weren't alone. Aylin soon joined them, and later on the guys. They were happy to meet Jooeun and for some, it was the first time to meet a nin-tail, so at first, they were a bit scared, but Jooeun broke the ice. She didn't find it strange or anything like that, in fact, it was normal and they wouldn't be the only ones who were scared. 

Aylin had the most questions for Jooeun. She was curious about their magic, their fighting skills, culture, and history. Everything you can think of she would ask and she didn't hesitate about it. She told Jooeun about her family and how in the last her ancestors had encounters with the nine-tails. It always ended in peace so neither one of the sides wanted war. 

But then the dark time came and at the thought of that Jooeun sighed. It wasn't pleasant back then and her father was the leader. He made new rules and those rules weren't liked by others so that's when the clan separated. They all took their own sides and hell went loose. She was only a child back then but she remembers every detail clearly. Even if she wanted to erase it from her memory, it was impossible. Her aunt was killed and enemies were created, some of them came from the clan. 

Jooeun didn't ask Aylin how she knew all that since it was clear that her family goes way back, so asking such a question would be very stupid. She liked Aylin. She was an open-minded person and she wasn't afraid to say what was on her mind. She even scolded her husband a few times in front of them for teasing one of the younger ones in the pack. 

The guys listened to Jooeun and Aylin as they talked. They were memorizing each word and following their move. Both could tell that they were interested in it. After all, it's a new world for them and every detail can be useful, especially now during this time. During the conversation, Aylin and Luhan mentioned the current battle they are having. Jooeun's blood went cold as it only confirmed her worst fear. She was now 100% about everything, starting from Chanyeol's injuries. 

"I'm sorry they are causing this much trouble..." Jooeun said and bowed her head in apology. "It should have never gotten to this point." 

"Why? It's not your fault." Chanyeol said.

"You don't know the whole story, in a way it is my fault." She sighed.

Now the attention was on her and everyone was waiting for an explanation. Jooeun closed her eyes for a bit and took a deep breath. She was actually searching for a way how to start talking. It was all so confusing and a bit difficult to talk about, but since they started it she might as well tell her side of the story. She felt Chanyeol squeeze her hand a little and she opened her eyes to look at him. 

"It all started years ago... but escalated to something far worse just recently, and since I have escaped... they are out of control." She sighed. "I failed as a leader because I wanted peace and changed the rules. Some of them refused, and soon everyone was against me, some of them were afrai

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter