Chapter 4

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chanyeol was in his room, only resting on the bed. He tried to sleep but he just couldn't. Recently they spent many nights protecting the woods and chasing after the Shadows. It was a game of cat and mouse, and it was an annoying one at that. The packs were exhausted but they somehow managed. They had to, but for them, this was one of the worst missions they had. 

The only time they could sleep and rest was over the day, but recently Chanyeol had trouble sleeping. Even if he did fall asleep he would see her and he would wake up automatically. So in total, he would only sleep for about an hour or if he was lucky for two hours. It started affecting his life in every possible way and it was noticeable to the others, even though he tried to hide it. 

Because of that, Luhan was keeping an eye on Chanyeol. Just recently he heard what had happened a few nights back from one of his good friends. and he decided to stay over at their place with another pack he was training. Chanyeol was one of the best fighters but recently he has been out of form.

He tried to hide it in front of others, but Luhan saw through it. He waited and waited on Chanyeol to open up but he didn't. In the end, Luhan couldn't take it anymore so he decided to talk to him. He wanted to hear the story directly from him. Luhan got up and headed towards his room. He knocked on the door and waited for a reply. 

"Come in." The young one said. 

Luhan walked into the room and it was dark, the blinds were down and the black curtains went over them. Chanyeol was trying to trick his body into thinking it was night time but it was a fail and he gave up in the end. There was no use.

Luhan looked at him and he was sitting on the bed, holding a pendant.  He didn't even bother to look up and see who came into his room. Luhan shook his head and walked over to him, sitting on the chair that was next to the bed. 

"Mind explaining?" Luhan said.

"Explain what?" Chanyeol replied and looked at him. 

Luhan laughed a little and shook his head.

"Aigoo! This boy still thinks he can play games with me." Luhan said and patted Chanyeol on his shoulder. 

He was right. There was no point in trying to hide it from him. Luhan always found ways to find out what happened one way or another. He sighed and looked back at the pendant. How does he even explain it without being considered crazy? 

"Can I see that?" Luhan asked. 

"Sure." The younger one replied.

Luhan reached out for it, but the moment he touched it, the pendant burned him and he hissed pulling his hand back quickly. He was a bit confused as he wasn't quite sure what just happened. Chanyeol put it away back into his pocket and shrugged his shoulders. He himself didn't know how to explain it.

"What is that? Why did it just burn me? How come you are fine?" He looked confused and scratched his forehead. 

"Um..." Chanyeol was looking for the right words. 

Luhan rolled his eyes and ran a hand through his hair. 

"Out with it. What happened that night when you were attacked and why did you go back there the other night?" Luhan asked again. "And where did you get that pendant?" 

"How-" Chanyeol stopped. "Nevermind." 

It was stupid to even ask how he knew. Some just can't keep their mouth shut and others were ordered to tell Luhan everything.

"Out with it already," Luhan said again.

"I am not really sure if I will make any sense right now." He complained.

"I'll be the judge of that." Luhan leaned in the chair and crossed his arms. 

"I saw her that night in the alley, she herself was also on the run and at first she was in a dilemma if she should help me or not." Chanyeol stopped as he thought about that night again. 

Luhan listened carefully as he looked at him. He could tell that the younger one was nervous and confused. 

"At that point, I wasn't sure if she was one of them or not, I tried to escape but I was unable to move. I tried to scare her away but it was no use. She didn't even flinch, instead, I was told to relax, but there was something calming in her voice, something that made me trust her." Chanyeol closed his eyes for a moment.


Luhan listened to every word carefully and it seemed like he was trying to imagine how it all looked that night. He had heard about such power but he didn't know if it really existed, at least he never saw it or experienced it. He thought it was only a legend he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter