Chapter 20

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


Jooeun was locked up in one of the cells and even if she wanted to escape she couldn't. She was tied up and in pain. Ever since they locked her up they have been giving her some drugs that made her weak. She was aware of what they were doing. It was a way for them to turn her on their side and kill the hybrids once and for all. She wanted to stop it but there was nothing she could do. The more they took from her the more they kept waking up the evil inside. The evil that will soon take over and she didn't like that. 

She closed her eyes for a moment and tried to hold back her tears. She missed Chanyeol and she needed him the most right now. She was aware that she might never see them again, and even if she does it will be different. She promised herself that she will fight this evil within her but it will be hard, and the chances of winning were low, but at least she had to try. Her worst fear came true and her heart just sank. She wished she never brought them into this... she was aware of the outcome all along, but she had hope and she saw their will, and in the end, it was a failure. 

"I'm sorry..." She whispered to herself. 

Images of the guys and Chanyeol started flashing in front of her and she felt this horrible pain of letting them down. She hated herself and she hated her species. This is not the world her father or she imagined. This wasn't the way things were supposed to end, but they did and sadly evil finds a way to win. Her body started to tremble at just the thought of what was going to happen and she wished she was dead. Things would have been easier for everyone. She indeed chose to fight against it, but who was she kidding? Only herself. 

***

"Everything will be alright," Chanyeol said as he looked into her eyes. "I won't let anyone hurt you. We will win this evil that you speak of." 

"How are you so sure?" She asked. 

He put his hand on his heart and smiled. "For you see, love is the strongest weapon, so even you turn against me..." He then pulled her into a hug. "I still won't let go of you and I will fight." 

She hugged him tightly and a tear escaped.

"I know the good in you and I know my Jooeun, so at all costs, I will fight," Chanyeol added. 

"What if I try to hurt you?" Jooeun asked through tears. 

"You won't." He whispered. 

***

Jooeun started crying as she remembered that night. She wished she could turn back time and do things differently. She was afraid like never before in her life. Jooeun took a few deep breaths and tried to calm down. Tears kept running down her cheeks and she just couldn't stop them no matter how much she tried. Her heart was beating fast and now the pain in her body was kicking out. Suddenly the door opened and two members of the clan walked in. 

Jooeun just looked at them but didn't say anything. She refused to talk to any one of them and that irritated them a lot to the point where they would make her pain even stronger, but she managed. They looked at her and one of them smirked as he touched her hand. He was holding a syringe and there was some liquid in it. Chills went down Jooeun's spine as she knew that it will be painful once the liquid reaches her heart. It's not the pain that goes away fast but it's a pain that lasts for hours and hours until she passes out. 

Once he injected the liquid into her body, he slapped her cheeks a few times, leaving marks on them. It was funny to him to he would always laugh and after that, she was once again left alone in the dark. She didn't mind the dark, but being in pain in combination with the dark was a horrible feeling. Jooeun hated it but she was aware that it was done on purpose to break her down. They knew exactly how to do it, and that was one of the weaknesses of a nine-tail. Disable their power, and leave them in a dark silent place. 

The more power a nine-tail loses the more insane they go and that was the point. When a nine-tail goes insane it's easier to use magic on them and control them. She formed fists and closed her eyes tightly. It felt like a burning pain in her body. Something that she couldn't describe in words and if you asked her where it was coming from she wouldn't be able to answer that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter