Chapter 6

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kumiho and a hybrid. Face to face. Both of them were furious at each other and full of hate. They were holding it in and waiting for one wrong step from either one of the sides. Their packs were in the back hissing and growling. One of the shadows approached first and he lifted his hand. It was a sign. A sign that meant kill. 

In a matter of seconds, the once calm field because a battlefield, and there were thousands of them. At that moment it was a bit difficult to recognize who was who but thankfully Chanyeol and his pack were able to stick together and help each other out. He felt the power of the pendant becoming stronger and at this point, he could feel it burn but it didn't hurt him this time, instead, it gave him more power. A power he had never felt before, something that was out of this world.

As he turned around Kumiho jumped on top of him and without thinking, Chanyeol shoved his teeth into Kumiho's neck and he managed to roll over. Now he was in control and he wasn't planning to let go. The Kumiho hissed and scratched underneath him with her claws and it was painful, but the pendant kept him standing. He tugged on her neck and she started bleeding. He could hear her whine, but he didn't care. Let go was not an option because he was aware of the fact that she will attack back.

Chanyeol didn't worry about the other packs, he knew they were okay, the most important part was to not let the Kumiho use their magic. The shadows didn't fight this battle, instead, they only gave out orders. Chanyeol knew that it was a part of their plan. They were testing the strength and they wanted to see how far both species were ready to go. But what was the motive? They knew their power, but they were after something, that was clear. 

The rumor in town was that they were recruiting hybrids as well and turning them into monsters by using the blood of the Kumiho. Why? If only he believed all the stories and rumors he heard from the very start, but sadly he didn't and now he regretted it. He wished he knew their weakness, it would be easier to defeat them, but it will be hard to figure that out, as they have their way around it. 

He was still tugging on the neck when suddenly everything became quiet. He lifted his eyes and that's when he realized that everyone was staring at him and the looks on their face showed horror. He dropped his grip on the neck and Kumiho's head fell. By now she was dead but he didn't pay attention as he was looking at the others.

At first, he didn't know why everything was staring at him, but then it hit him. He and his pack were surrounded by a pinkish light and that light caused the Kumihos and the shadows to take a step back. There was a growl heard but no one knew where it was coming from, as all the hybrids were silent at this point from shock. This power was new for them as well, and even though they weren't standing near Chanyeol, the power spread. 

"That pendant..." He heard one of the Kumihos say. 

He could feel fear coming from them and they were trembling. One of the Kumiho took another step back and stumbled on a rock which caused her to fall. She whined and quickly ran behind the others.

"It's her..." Another one said as she stood frozen in h spot.

"How did it end in his possession?" The shadow asked in curiosity. 

Chanyeol looked down at the Kumiho under him and his eyes widened in shock. She was burned to death to be exact and the power the pendant gave caused it. It was deadly for them and that's why they were so terrified and pulled back quickly. Chanyeol growled and took one step toward them. In a matter of seconds, they were gone. Everyone expects one of the shadows. 

"This is not over." He said and suddenly disappeared in the dark. 

The light was now gone, but suddenly Chanyeol couldn't move. He felt as if his whole body was paralyzed. Kai and the others ran up to him and they tried to call him back to his senses but it was no use. His body was full of wounds and they looked infected. They were caused by the scratches of the Kumiho.

Luhan hissed and turned back into his human form. He wanted to carry Chanyeol back home so Aylin can help with the wounds but at that moment as he touched his body the power of the pendant burned him and he backed up.

"Dang it!" He said through his teeth. 

He was getting irritated by this and he just wanted to rip the pendant off his neck and throw it away. He wanted to help Chanyeol but the pendant didn't allow it. Luhan sent Kyungsoo and Sehun to get Aylin and to bring her herbs with her. He stayed by Chanyeol's side and kept his eye on him. 

He was hoping that the young one would give any sign of life but he didn't. He wasn't moving. As Kai looked at his wounds they were bleeding and there was a strange glow around them. While they were waiting for Aylin they were all nervous 

Kai and Suho kept pacing up and down and they were growling the whole time. The anger in them was growing and growing by every minute and they felt helpless, they wanted to help him but they didn't know how to help. It was the first time for them to see such power, and feel so helpless. 

Finally, Ayling arrived and Luhan ran up to
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter