Chapter 7

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 


"Don't go..." He said as he tried to hold on to her. 

Jooeun turned around and looked at him. His eyes were half open and teary. She smiled a little and nodded her head, sitting back down and cleaning the area around his eyes. He was still holding her hand and he didn't want to let go. Chanyeol had recognized her and he felt his heart skip a beat.

That warm voice and the soft touch of her skin. It was her. A small smile formed on his face and he was happy to finally see her again. He wanted to sit up and try to get back to his senses but it was difficult. Chanyeol still felt a slight pain and he was exhausted. He wanted to sleep more but he also wanted to stay awake.

"Rest." She said in a soft voice. 

Chanyeol was still holding her hand. He was afraid of falling asleep because he wasn't sure if he will see her again. Jooeun picked the towel up with her free hand and placed it on his forehead, removing the sweat. 

"It's okay." She said. 

"Wh..." He wanted to say something.

"Shh." She put her finger in front of . "Get some rest and we'll talk later." She smiled. 

He nodded his head and soon enough drifted back into sleep. She removed her hand from his grip and placed his hand under the blanket and tucked him in. As she looked at the clock she noticed that it was almost dawn and Choo and Chul will be here soon. 

Since Chanyeol was sound asleep, Jooeun walked out of the room and closed the door, making sure not to wake him up. She heard the front door unlock and Choo walked in first, closing the door behind him. She walked up to him quickly and opened her arms wide for a hug. 

"Hey there." He smiled and they hugged each other.

"I need to tell you something and I need your help." She said.

"Sure, what's up?" He asked as he took off his jacket and got into his slippers. 

"We have a guest..." Jooeun said and pointed to the guest room. 

"Oh, who?" He raised his eyebrow. 

Jooeun explained to him what had happened and that she couldn't just leave him to die. She was aware that Chul will freak out and he will probably give a speech on the dangers and risks. That's why she needed Choo to help her calm him down and prove to him that the person she saved is harmless. 

Choo agreed to help her but he knew it will be difficult. Chul can be a difficult person to deal with and both Jooeun and Choo had to have a lot of patience with him. Jooeun of course understood his reasons for worrying, but he has to understand that he can be wrong as well. But it was difficult for him to accept that he was wrong.

Choo, on the other hand, was okay with it and he trusted Jooeun's judgment as she always had a correct judgment. It was very rare that she would make a mistake. Besides, he looked at her as his sister, so no matter what he would support her and also scold her when needed. It was for her own good and vice versa. 

"I hope you don't mind that I went into your room to get him a pair of clean clothes." She said.

"Of course not, no worries about that." He smiled. 

"When is Chul coming home?" Jooeun asked as they walked down the hallway and into the living room. 

"I wish I knew." He shrugged. "We were supposed to come home together but he got a phone call and just left."

She could tell that he was a bit annoyed and that could only mean one thing. Chul got on his nerves and they probably had an argument, so she didn't want to push it too much with questions. 

"I'll go check up on the patient and I'll be right back." She smiled and headed back.

Jooeun entered the room and walked over to the bed. Chanyeol was still asleep and that was good. She checked his body and by now most of the cuts were healed, except for 3 deep cuts on his stomach area. She cleaned them up again and put clean patches on them. 

He moved a bit in his sleep but didn't wake up. She tucked him again and checked his fever. It was down. Jooeun sighed in relief and smiled. As she turned around to leave the room she saw Choo leaning on the doorway. 

"How is he?" He asked. 

"Much better." She said and they both walked out of the room. 

"Who attacked him?" He suddenly asked. 

"Nine-tails. My clan to be exact, with the venom of the Shadows." She replied. 

Choo's eyes widened and he looked at him and then at Jooeun.

"How come he is alive?" Choo asked. 

"He had my pendant with him, it's been with him this whole time," Jooeun replied. "I used my healing powers and I was able to heal most of them, but that venom got him good." 

It was impossible. The two venoms combined? He was now curious and wanted to know more, especially since he himself was a wizard and things like this got his attention. Jooeun looked at him and chuckled. She was familiar with that curious look of his. 

"Details, huh?" She said and walked into the kitchen. 

"Yes, please." He said and followed her. 

Jooeun wanted to prepare a stew for the injured one and breakfast for the two of them since it was already too late to go to sleep. Choo help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter