Chapter 1

🔥Fire and Fangs🔥
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter



"I won't be a part of it. I don't want war, I want peace. It's a promise I made to my father and I intend to keep my word." She said. 

"Then you know what it means." The tall blond man said.

"I know very well, so let it be." She said and looked away, crossing her arms across her chest. 

As a leader, she was not accepted anymore and she was okay with it. Jooeun was willing to give up that position, and she was planning to leave it anyway. At first, she thought it would be easy but they had other plans in mind. She was a threat and just like all threats they had to get rid of her. She figured that out on her own and later on overhearing two of the men talking which only confirmed her theory, but she pretended and just played along. She wasn't planning on going down so easily. 

Jooeun had a plan for her escape, but she waited for night to arrive patiently and once it did, she turned her plans into actions. She waited for them to get distracted and soon enough they were. At that moment a chance opened and she took it. She jumped out the window and ran off into the dark alleys as fast as she could. Soon after she could already hear them and the chase was on. 

***

She was looking out the window and into the distance thinking about the events from last night... It felt nice to be out of there and it felt like a rock fell off her chest. Of course, she knew that this was still the start of it and that it will cause a lot of drama. She was ready to face it and deal with it when the time comes. Jooeun ran a hand through her hair and took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a moment there.  

"How does it feel to be a rebel?" Chul asked.

Jooeun was shaken out of her thoughts and she turned around to look at him. He was leaning against the doorway with a beer in his hand. His blond hair was all messed up and he was wearing his suit. His brown eyes gazed at her in curiosity. He had a lot of questions for her and she could tell, but she didn't always understand why she had to tell him everything since he already knew. He had eyes and ears everywhere, yet he wanted details. Always. From time to time it would annoy her, but that's Chul. Family. You can choose your friends, but you can't choose your family.

"It feels good, I guess." She replied and shrugged her shoulders. 

Chul raised his left eyebrow and tilted his head to the left a little. Jooeun hummed and walked past him and into the kitchen to grab a drink, ignoring him, at least trying, since he was following her close behind. 

"Who was the man?" Chul asked and took a sip out of his drink and sat down at the dining table. 

"Huh?" She turned around and looked at him again. "What man?" She asked all innocent.

Chul rolled his eyes and sat on a bar chair. "I'm not playing around. I'm serious." 

She sighed and closed her eyes recalling the events from last night.

***

As Jooeun was running through alleyways she encountered a young man in the alley. His shirt was covered in blood and he was shaking. He seemed like he was on the verge of dying. At first, she turned around and headed her own way, not sure if she should approach him or not, but in the end, she stopped, turned around, and went back. She just couldn't walk away. Something pulled her back. Call it a force or whatever, but it was stronger than her. Something Jooeun never experienced before.

She slowly took a step towards him and watched to see if he would react. He didn't. He had no life in him, or so it seemed like that. She bent down and slowly lifted his head. He growled weakly but it didn't scare her. She faced more scary creatures. His face was covered in blood and bruises. Jooeun looked down and saw a big wound on the right side under his ribs. He was holding it with his hand and growling in pain, trying to get away from her, but he couldn't. She slowly removed his hand and at that moment he grabbed her hand tightly as if he was trying to warn her to keep away from him.

"Try to relax. Please." She said. 

"Go away..." He growled, in hopes, it would scare her away. 

"I am not here to hurt you. I promise." She said in a calm voice.

A voice that assured him that he can trust her, even though they just met. 

He relaxed a little bit but he was still tense in a way. She hummed lightly and looked into his eyes. He looked back into hers and at one point she could tell that he had no contro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter