007

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Loosening the tie around his neck, Jaehyun twisted his neck and stretched it. The whole morning has been so hectic due to the sudden audit. It was 1PM and he was finally going on his lunch break. Making his way to the Abel cafe, the one that Taeyong got him hooked on, he breathed in relief knowing they passed the audit.

Arriving at the cafe, he was about to push open the door when he heard the man standing in front of the cafe say. 

"ShinAe, I know a lot has changed, and this is a strange thing to ask for...but can I hug you...please?" the tall male pleaded.

Jaehyun shook his curiosity off, *Plenty of people have the same name.* Entering the cafe, he tried his best to ignore the curiosity from eating him away. Despite trying to ignore it, Jaehyun eventually gave in. He turned to the cafe's glass window to check if it was the ShinAe he knew. 

His eyes widen seeing that it was actually her.

Jaehyun continued to look at her as she bit her lip while looking down - as if she was experiencing an internal conflict.

Finally looking back at the male before her, she nodded her head. Jaehyun watched as the male pulled ShinAe in with one arm wrapped around her upper back and one hand on the back of her head. The man held her close with familarity. The man pulled back and mouthed a few words to ShinAe before patting her head and walking away. Jaehyun continue to stare at ShinAe who looked like she was about to cry.

 

Turning her heel, ShinAe was about to leave when she heard a familiar voice call her name.

"Hey~ Are you alright?" Jaehyun exited the cafe, peering at her face in concerned. 

Faking a smile, she answered him, "I'm fine. How are you? And what brings you here?" ShinAe blabbered, wanting to change the topic. 

"I'm good. Just getting lunch. You too?", he replied nodding his head to the direction of cafe, realising that she did not want to talk about it. 

"Oh yes, m-me too. This is the first time in a long time that I've went out of my way to buy lunch." ShinAe held up her bag."W-well, I've got to head back before my break ends. See you Jaehyun", waving at him, she quickly walked away in rush. 

"By-" Jaehyun was about to raise his hands to wave to her, but she had already scurried away. "Bye ShinAe." He repeated, but ShinAe was far away from him already.  Jaehyun could see what happened prior really effected ShinAe ,and it did not sit well with him. *Who was the man before? What was their history? Why did ShinAe look so sad when she was with him?* Jaehyun couldn't help but have all these questions floating in this mind. With a sigh, Jaehyun entered the cafe and ordered his food and made his way to his building. As he stepped out, he looked at the direction ShinAe went. 

*I hope she is alright*, Jaehyun remembered her somber expression. He sauntered back to his workplace with a heavy heart.  
 

 

-    -    -    -

 

 

Arriving back at the hospital, ShinAe slumped down into the chair in the break room, ShinAe rested her face in her hands. She felt bad for leaving Jaehyun abruptly. After her encounter with Chanyeol, she could not hold a conversation with Jaehyun and pretend she wasn't breaking inside. *Why do I have to see him now?* ShinAe brought her face away from her hand and opened the bag of food. Pulling out the sandwich, she had to admit it looked appetising, but she just didn't have an appetite after the encounter. Forcing herself to eat with one hand, her right hand held her phone and was messaging Eunhee.

ShinAe: I saw Chanyeol today. 

After pressing send, she saw that Eunhee read it instantly and was typing back. 

Eunhee: No way! Did he see you? 

ShinAe: Yeah, he was the one who approached me. 

Eunhee: What did he say? 
 

Satisfied, ShinAe closed the bag and looked up. At the same time, the person who just entered, stopped in their tracks and stared at her. 

"ShinAe~" the male before her called.

was slightly opened in shock. Swallowing the lump forming in , her lips trembled.

"Yeol," she whispered unknowingly. Realising what she said, she strided towards the door trying to avoid him in the process. Successfully walking around him, she made it outside. ShinAe was about to powerwalk in the direction of the hospital, when she felt a hand hold onto her right wrist. 

"ShinAe!" Chanyeol called for her attention again. She stopped on her tracks but did not turn around to face him straight away. Taking a deep breath, she spun around to face him. 

"Did you need something, Chanyeol?" the question came out more cold than she expected. 

"ShinAe, it has been over a year. Is that the first thing you say to me?" hurt by her words, Chanyeol could not hide it in his expression.  

Bobbing his head, he tried to meet her lowered eyes. "ShinAe, please." It almost sounded like he was on the verge of begging her. " Tell me, how have you been?"  He spoke so softly, ShinAe cursed internally at herself for being so harsh. Meeting his eyes, she immediately regretted being so cold to him - he was her close friend of a few years. 

Letting out a shakily breath, she replied. "I've b-been good. What about yourself Yeo- Chanyeol?" she fumbled with her words when she almost called him by his nickname. ShinAe thought she covered it up but Chanyeol heard it. She felt him ever so lightly tighten his grip around her wrist - like he wanted her to know he was still her 'Yeol' from the past. 

"I've been good. You work nearby?" Chanyeol wanted to keep the conversation going. It has been almost 2 years without her. He wanted to prolong this interaction with her.

ShinAe nodded silently to his question.

"It's good to see you doing well. How's Eunhee?" Pulling his hand away from her wrist, Chanyeol shoved his hands into his pocket. Hearing Chanyeol say Eunhee, it reminded her of their days together. She gave a small smile, " She's been good. How have your friends been?" 

"They've been good ..." he trailed off, while looking around nervously.

She knows this behaviour of his too well. They may not be in touch anymore, but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter