003

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The whole week of work has been so hectic for Jaehyun. Projects after projects. The head of marketing was in a bad mood all week and was nitpicking everything Jaehyun and his team did.  Seeing that the clock had struck 12pm, Jaehyun signed in relief. * Lunch break.* He was famished and could not wait to go to the cafe nearby for lunch. He sent a short message to Taeyong to see if he would like some takeaway, but Taeyong replied that he was caught up with some issues in the HR department and will have lunch later. 

Grabbing his phone and wallet from his desk drawer, he descended in the elevator to the main lobby. Pacing down the streets, he stopped at a small, modest cafe. It was decorated with succulents of all sizes. The tables were rustic and brought warmth to the atmosphere. Looking at the menu, he ordered a clubhouse sandwich accompanied by an Iced Americano.

While waiting for his order, he felt a light tap on his shoulder. Facing the person, he noted that it was Eunhee in her work scrubs. 

"Hi Eunhee" Jaehyun greeted her. Eunhee returned the greeting. 

"Do you always come here?" Eunhee asked. She was a regular at the cafe and she never encountered him. 

"First time actually. Taeyong always raved about this place. So, I wanted to check it out myself ", he eyes peaked at the workers to see if his order was almost ready. He could feel his stomach grumbling, but he did not want to cut his conversation with Eunhee short as it can be perceived as rudeness.

"Two Soba Salad and chocolate brownie for Eunhee", the cafe worker called from the counter. Eunhee thanked the workers and grabbed her food. 

Jaehyun looked at her with a raised eyebrow, "All for you?" 

She shook her head in response, "Something for ShinAe too.  She always forgets to pack lunch, and she's doing a double shift too." Eunhee waved at him and made her way to the door. She halted in her steps and spun around , "Oh..I'll see you tonight at Octagon?"

Jaehyun furrowed his eyebrows in confusion before realising that it was Friday, "Yeah, see you tonight." 

*ShinAe* he thought to himself.

It has been a week since their encounter at the club. ShinAe was refreshing and..different. There wasn't a rigorous need to try seduce and appeal, which can sometimes become tiring; especially when it is just for his physical desires and there's no emotional connection. It has been a while since he has sat down with a female and conversed without any amorous. It was being able to share a simple conversation about your interest and dislike. Being able to just get know someone and see what makes them tick and what makes their eyes perk up in happiness. 

The workers came to the counter with a paper bag and plastic cup filled with coffee. "Clubhouse sandwich and iced Americano for Jaehyun", they called.  Receiving his order, he took it back with him to the company.  

 

 

-    -    -    -

 

 

Eunhee roamed into ShinAe's ward and glanced around, searching for her. On the far end of the ward, she saw ShinAe typing away on the computer. Striding up to ShinAe's nursing station, she dropped the bag of food on ShinAe's desk.  "Yah, you need to stop skipping your meals", she chided out of concern. 

ShinAe meekly smilesd in embarrassment before scrambling to open the bag - breathing out in relief when she saw the brownie. "A brownie? Ugh, you're the best Eunhee." ShinAe took a bite out of the brownie and savoured the taste. It was divine. Fudgy and a bit cakey, just the way she liked it. 

"Thank you sooo much for this. I'll owe you one." ShinAe chewed the brownie with her eyes closed.

"ShinAe, no take backs. You said it. You 'owe' me." Slowly walking backwards, Eunhee gave ShinAe a firm look before cracking a smile.

"I'll head off now. A few more hours and I'm done. Can't wait to go Octagon tonight and have fun", Eunhee continued. She did a little dance before waving at ShinAe. ShinAe stifled a laugh before returning the wave. She watched as Eunhee left her ward. With a sigh, she returned back to work.

Just at the moment, one of the call bells went off and it signalled 'room 25' on the enunciator. Standing up from her seat, ShinAe made her way to the room and lightly knocked on the door. Hearing a small "come in", ShinAe slide the door and peered into the room. 

"Oh ShinAe, it's you. Just who I was after," an elderly lady in her 80s grinned. She was small in stature and slightly chubby in build. Her eyes were as kind and friendly as her. She was resting in the bed with the bed head elevated to help her sit up.

Opening the drawer of her bedside drawers, she pulled out a thick, navy, wool scarf. "Since, I've been here for so long, I wanted to make you and some of the other staff something. You and the nurses have been nothing but amazing. I heard it has been getting colder lately and I didn't want you getting cold." 

"Aw Taehee, you didn't need to. You should be spending your time resting. We're happy to take care of you. You've been a pleasure." ShinAe warmly smiled at her and patted Taehee's hand which were resting on top of the blankets. 

"Oh don't worry about rest, I get plenty here. It's nothing. It does not compare to what you've done for me, ShinAe", Taehe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter