004

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

(Call Anytime - Jinu) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=805NKLLIWCw
 


The sun peaked through the cracks of the blinds and onto Jaehyun. With the glare hovering over Jaehyun, it disrupted his slumber causing him to stir in bed. Blinking vigorously, Jaehyun groaned when he realised that he has woken up. At that moment, he felt his head pulse, making him moan in displeasure.* Stupid hangover.* He had both hands clutching his head. Grabbing the bottle of water by his bedside table, he opened the lid and gulped half the bottle while lying down. 

Slowly sitting up, his nose scrunched in disgust. A putrid scent swept across his nose. Pulling his singlet up to his nose, he sniffed the clothing. *Ugh, I really drank a lot last night* he thought to himself. 

Forcing himself to climb out of bed, he made his way to the bathroom. Upon arriving, the first thing he did was look at himself in the mirror. Staring at his reflection, he noticed there was a purple mark on his neck. Tracing it, Jaehyun tried to rack through his head to remember what happened last night. 

Jaehyun was seated at the booth with a random girl making out with him on his lap. Lips latched onto each other, hands running over each others body. Pulling away from her lips, he leaned forward to grab his drink from the table. With one hand on her back, the other hand lifted the cup to his lips. While he sipped on the drink, she trailed her kisses down his jaw and to his neck. 

*, a hickey.* Annoyed that his drunk self allowed her to do so. He forced himself to not dwell and to wash up. Coming out of the bathroom with a towel around his torso, he heard his phone's notification ring go off multiple times.

Taeyong: Let's eat out tonight. I'm feeling like BBQ.

Johnny: I'm down. 

Mark: Me too.

Taeil: Same.

Jungwoo: If it's food related, I am there. 

Doyoung: Yes, please. 

Haechan: Down. 

Jaehyun typed his reply.

Jaehyun: I'm down. 

Taeyong: Then it is decided. I hope you all are doing alright. I'm not surprised if a few are in hangover city - I'm looking at you Jaehyun.

Taeil: Woohoo! Go Jaehyun!

Mark: Thoughts and prays to Jaehyun's liver.

 

 

-    -    -    - 

 

 

Driving down the alley near the restaurant, Jaehyun looked side-to-side for a vacant spot to park his car. Passing by many cars lined up, Jaehyun was losing hope;  but at that moment, a car pulled out from their spot. Parking his car, he got out of it. 

Jaehyun felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Pulling the device out, he read through the numerous text from his friends while strolling to the restaurant. Most of them were letting each other know they were either there or were almost there. Suddenly, his eyes widened when his eyes read over Taeyong's message.

Taeyong: Haha I forgot to tell you. Eunhee and her friends are joining us. The more the merrier. More food options. 

** Jaehyun cursed to himself. He thought it was a casual night out with the boys and he dressed really comfortably. If he knew they had company, he would put more effort in his outfit. Jaehyun exhaled in frustration and looked down at what he was wearing. He was wearing a pair of black sweatpants, accompanied by a white t-shirt and a green/black plaid shirt on top. 

Getting closer to the restaurant, he saw Mark and Johnny ahead of him.

"Johnny! Mark! " Jaehyun called, causing the two to turn their heads. 

"Jaehyun! I see you've sobered up. How did you get here? Subway?" Mark questioned Jaehyun on his route here. 

"No, I drove. No drinks tonight. I'm still recovering from yesterday", Jaehyun internally shivered thinking about his hangover this morning. 

"Can you believe Taeyong? He didn't even tell us Eunhee and her friends were coming. I'm so underdressed." Johnny groaned and gestures to himself - hair was slick and combed back, and his outfit consisted of beige chinos and a Ralph Lauren sweater. 

Mark and Jaehyun looked at Johnny, then to each other, then down at their outfit. 

"Johnny, that's not underdressed. This is." Mark pointed to his sweat pants and socks-and-adidas slides combo. 

Jaehyun chuckled and patted Mark's, "Thanks for making me feel better. At least I wore sneakers."

Raising their heads, they realised they were arriving at the restaurant. From the opposite direction, Eunhee and her friends were also arriving at the restaurant. Eunhee squealed and abandoned her friends to run up to Taeyong. She jumped onto Taeyong, who had been waiting on the side at the front of the restaurant. 

Mark and Johnny joined the rest of their friends, who were huddled together. Jaehyun and the others acknowledged Eunhee's friends, Hana, Yerin and Soojung, with a wave. Just at the moment, he caught a glimpse of someone behind the three females. Curiousity got the best of him, and he let his eyes linger a little longer to see who it was. To see if it was who he was hoping for. As the three females turned towards the restaurant, Jaehyun's expression brightned up upon seeing the person behind them. It was ShinAe. ShinAe looked like she was immersed in her own thoughts and barely noticed the change in surroundings, i.e has not noticed Jaehyun staring at her. 

Eunhee's eyes roamed around the group. "Okay, we're set. Let's go in", she pointed to the restaurant.

As everyone was slowly making their way towards the door, Jaehyun lingered behind. ShinAe was about to reach for the door to keep it open when another hand grabbed it and held it open for her. Her eyes followed the hand to see who the owner was, and to her surprised it was Jaehyun. 

"Oh Hi Jaehyun, you're here...", she awkwardly greeted. ShinAe felt a bit embarrassed that she was so deep in thought, she didn't notice him. 

"Hey ShinAe. Ladies first", Jaehyun gestured for her go first. She took a step into the restaurant and he followed.

Overwhelmed by the many people and tables, her eyes searched the room for her friends. ShinAe felt a warm hand on her back. She glanced up to see Jaehyun. "They're over t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter