006

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

 

Stretching her limbs, ShinAe rolled onto her side and grabbed her phone. Her head was throbbing but it was not unbearable. She had experienced worst in the past. Checking her emails and her social media, she stayed glued to the bed not bothered to get up. At that moment, her phone started ringing. The screen showed it was from Eunhee. Pressing on the green circle on the screen, she answered it.

 "Good morning my drunk bestfriend!" Eunhee chimed. 

"Good morning Eunhee" ShinAe rolled her eyes hearing Eunhee's nickname for her. 

"How are you doing this morning?" Eunhee asked. 

"I'm alright. Still a little tired but I'm so glad I have a few days off." ShinAe was excited to have the next three days off.

"Hey, I have something to ask." ShinAe's best friend gently said. "Spill." ShinAe prompted for her to continue talking.

"Is there anything going on with you and Jaehyun?" Eunhee voiced her question.  "No. Why do you ask?" ShinAe was taken back by the question.

"It looks like something is going on." Eunhee answered ShinAe. ShinAe sighed and told Eunhee, "There's nothing. Trust me Eunhee."

"Sorry. I just thought there was something going on since he offered to take you home, which is apparently out of character for him." Eunhee felt bad for prying. 

"Eunhee, he just happened to walk out when we were talking about my way home and he offered. I'm sure he would've offered the others, if they were with us." ShinAe reasoned. *But he didn't* Eunhee thought to herself. She did not want to say it out loud, knowing how ShinAe may react.

Eunhee quietly exhaled on the phone. "So nothing happened when he took you home?"  ShinAe doesn't understand why Eunhee was asking so many questions. She honestly felt nothing was going on. Thinking back to what happened last night, she informed Eunhee, "He dropped me off. That's it." 

"That's all?" Eunhee wasn't fully convinced.

"Hmm..we exchanged numbers, but that's not really anything." ShinAe added.

Eunhee bit back a gasp. It was definitely something. 

"If you say so ShinAe." Eunhee didnt want to question it further. She knew what ShinAe was like - Eunhee was a few more questions away from an outburst.  

"I'm sorry if I called you and it seemed like I was just asking about this. I wanted to know if you got home safely. Both Taeyong and I knocked out when we got to his place and I totally forgot to check up on you. " apologising to ShinAe, Eunhee glanced over to see what Taeyong was doing. He was busy texting on his phone.  

ShinAe reassured Eunhee, "It's alright Eunhee. Hope you're rested now. " 

"I'm barely rested. This man next to me sleep talks, just like you." ShinAe's best friend complained while glaring at her oblivious boyfriend, who was busy on his phone. 

"Hey! You said you didn't mind." ShinAe called out. 

"Well, I'll stop bothering you and leave you to get more rest. See you~" ShinAe's bestfriend quickly said before hanging up.

 

-    -    -    - 

 

Shutting the door of her fridge, ShinAe rubbed her face with her hand in frustration. It was outright empty.  *No wonder I always skip my meals. I have nothing to eat at home.* ShinAe thought to herself, as she made her way to her room.

She opened her closet and pulled out a pair of light-washed skinny jeans and a cropped, white, long-sleeved cardigan. Doing up the buttons of the cardigan, she quickly did her make up. She packed her reusable bags into her tote bag and locked up her apartment. She hasn't been to emart in awhile as it was quite far for her. Judging from her empty pantry and fridge, she needed the trip. ShinAe decided that she will take the train there and take a taxi on the way back.

Arriving at the emart, she drew out a trolley and made her way down the escalator. ShinAe made a mental checklist of what she wanted.

ShinAe used to cook often and was a more than decent cook. Walking her way towards the refrigerator section, she grabbed a container of kimchi and placed it into her trolley. She made her way down the various isle and took the items from her mental checklist.  *Lastly, snacks and ramen. * ShinAe turned the corner into the isle and she almost crashed into someone. 

"Oh my- I am so sorry" ShinAe apologises profusively. The person had their hand held out to reassure her it was fine.

"It's my fault as well. I should've looked where I was going...ShinAe?!" raising his gaze from the trolley, Jaehyun stared at ShinAe with widen eyes. 

"Jaehyun?!" ShinAe's shocked face, mirrored his. This was the last place ShinAe thought she would bump into Jaehyun.   

"How are you? How is your head?" Jaehyun asked referring to her hangover.

"I'm good and so is my head" ShinAe replied playfully. His lips unknowingly curved up upon hearing her answer. Remembering what Taeyong asked him in the morning, his ears started to go red and he retracted the smile that was itching to come out.  

 

Watching television in his room. He heard his phone vibrate on the bedside table. Reaching for it, he saw that it was a notification from Taeyong. Unlocking the phone, his eyes scanned the message. 

Taeyong: Jaehyun, my best friend. There's really no need for me to beat around the bush.  So I'll just say it. What is going on between you and ShinAe? 

Scoffing at the message, J

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter