026

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

(NCT U - Sweet Dream)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks6hrlKFxCg

 

ShinAe scrunched her nose and waved her hand infront of her face. Her hand came into contact with something solid and abit too warm to her expectation, making her eyes instantly flutter open. ShinAe was immediately greeted with the sight of Jaehyun staring down at her. Jaehyun laid on his right side with his elbow propped up and head resting on his right hand. As his eyes rake over her face, an abashed smile crept onto his face and he quickly pulled his left hand back, "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you up."

ShinAe blinked up at him before glancing around. Slowly, she started to recall what happened the previous night and how it ended with them laying in each other's embrace. "I-It's okay",  she stuttered. The way he looked at her, made it difficult for her to breath.

His stare.

His presence.

It consumed her with a euphoric heat. A heat that wrapped itself around her and sneak its way in every space of her body, making her tingle and sigh in delight.

Jaehyun shifted in his spot, making ShinAe snap out of her daze, *Oh my god, keep it in you pants ShinAe.* Embarrassed with herself, ShinAe started to nervously dart her eyes around - not being able to hold eye contact with him for long. Everytime she looked up at him, Jaehyun's eyes did not waver. His orbs continued to watch her like she was the best thing that has stepped on this Earth.

"W-why are you l-looking at me like that?" ShinAe squirmed under the gaze that pierced into her and made goosebumps pebble her skin. Jaehyun did that. He managed to make her feel so hot and flushed, but also covered her with goosebumps.

Seconds dragged by but Jaehyun doesn't answer. Instead, he keeps his eyes steady on her. Slowly, Jaehyun brought his left hand up, making ShinAe's breath stop at . He gently graze her cheek with his fingertips before moving his fingers over her nose then to her lips. He touched her so softly and delicately, like she was made out of glass. Jaehyun's hand moved and gently held her chin, "Because I can't believe I'm here..next to you." He breathlessly said. It was like he was in disbelief; chanting to remind himself that it's real. His deep eyes skimmed her face before coming back to her eyes, "I'm afraid to look away from you. Scared that you won't be here when I look back."

Jaehyun slowly leaned down and pressed his forehead against her's. "Thank you, ShinAe. Thank you for giving us a chance", he held her gaze and moved his left hand to craddle her face. ShinAe melted from his words and touch."Thank you for not giving up on me", she answered without missing a beat.

From the moment they met till now, Jaehyun has never turned his back on her. Never. Even when she pushed him away, turned him down, broke his heart, he never failed her. Biting her lip, she broke their eye contact. Here, she go again. Guilt was nibbling away on her happy moments. When Jaehyun said that he was afraid to look away from her, she felt utterly terrible. "I'm s-sorry, for pushing you away Jaehyun. I'm sorry for hurt-"

Jaehyun pulled away slightly so he could see her better, "Stop apologising, ShinAe. You don't need to apologise. " He brought his hand away from her face and back to his side. Jaehyun didn't like seeing ShinAe beat herself over being protective of herself.

"You're always defending me." Her forehead creased and a frown appeared.

Jaehyun softly chuckled and pressed his index finger on her forehead, "It's because you're too mean to yourself."

"It's called being self-aware, Jaehyun." She crossed her arm over her chest and pouted. ShinAe turned her face away from him and fixated her line of vision on the bedside table.

As soon as ShinAe made that expression, Jaehyun lost it. He has been holding himself back, but seeing her act so endearing - he lost it. He cupped the side of her face and made her turn to him. Jaehyun lowered himself and kissed her forehead sweetly. *Oh ShinAe, you're going to be the death of me.* Leaning back, he angled his head and admired her. Seeing her all wide eye and surprised from his action, Jaehyun started to feel shy and faked a cough. "I should've asked you before doing that. I'm sorry".

ShinAe froze in her place. The only thing moving on her face was the vigorous flutter of her eyelids. Her chest was rising and falling, in an attempt to tame her out of control heart. His lips were so soft and plump against her forehead. She wanted him to kiss her over and over again, until she was red from the contact.

ShinAe awkwardly nodded her head, "It's okay...um, I think it's almost time for me to get up." Changing the topic, ShinAe started to shift around on the bed and sat up. Jaehyun followed her movement and jerked up from the bed. ShinAe stood up from the bed and Jaehyun watched her with a sad pout; sad that she was out of his arms. "It's early," Jaehyun reasoned, hoping his needy tone would get her to climb back into bed with him.

"I know", she drawled. ShinAe tapped her phone and checked the time, *5:55AM. 5 minute before my alarm.* With a few taps on her phone, she turned off the impending alarm. Turning to her wardrobe, she started to pull out her sweater and pants. Jaehyun perked up even more, bringing himself to the edge of the bed, "Where are you going, ShinAe?"

ShinAe looked over her shoulder and he swore he saw a glint of sadness in her eyes. "I have work at seven."

Standing up from her bed, Jaehyun ran a hair through his soft locks. ", of course you do. It's a Monday." He looked up at her, "I'll take you to work, ShinAe. It's better than taking the subway."

Spinning around, ShinAe creased her forehead at him, "No, Jaehyun. Just rest a bit more. You don't have work until 9. I'll be fine with taking the subway. I can manage."

Jaehyun tilted his head at her with a small mischeivous glint in his eyes, making her sense that he was not going to follow what she just said. What makes her even more sure that he was not listening, was his lack of response to her reason.

"Jaehyun, stay here and rest. Okay?" She raised an eyebrow a him, urging him to answer.

A tiny smirk tugged on the corner of his lips, as he silently strided to her. ShinAe expected him to stop a few inches from her, but he didn't. Jaehyun continued to close the distances between them without a desire to stop. ShinAe had to back herself until she was pressed up against the wardrobe. "J-jaehyun?", ShinAe's blood sizzl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter