010

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Frustrated with the way Kai was acting, Baekhyun and Chanyeol dragged the resisting Kai out of the club. Stumbling on the pavement, Kai felt like the world spinning. His head was pulsing from the alcohol and his ears were ringing from the booming speakers. Kai was a mess, but amongst the mess he was still certain of one thing.

ShinAe. 

Kai was beyond furious with his friends meddling. He was about to enter the club again, when both Chanyeol and Baekhyun blocked his path. 

"Move aside." Kai said through gritted teeth and glaring eyes. The audacity they had. They should've left him there to deal with that interrupting prick. He wanted time with ShinAe. That's all he wanted. That man had no right to pull ShinAe away from him. She was his and Kai has the right to get back what was his.

"Let's go Kai. Let's just go home." Baekhyun tried to reason with him and deter him from entering the club again. 

Kai's temper was terrible when he is toxciated. "No. I finally see her after like 2 years and you guys had to do that?!" Anger radiated through his skin and he felt hot and bothered. Kai reached up and undid the top two bottoms of his top.

"Let her be, Kai. It looks like she has someone else." Chanyeol calmly stated. He knew what Kai was like when he was intoxicated. There was no use raising your voice up to his level - it would only aggravate him more. 

"But I was her someone." Kai breathed with furrowed eyebrows;  feeling hurt about seeing her without him. Just like his anger, his sadness was also heightned because of the alcohol.

"You were Kai, but you cheated on her." Sehun reminded him. After saying that to Kai, Sehun lowered his head. It was such a shameful thing Kai did. It was such a shameful thing they allowed to happen.

Chanyeol bit his lower lip and shut his eyes for a few seconds. He didn't understand this sudden outburst from Kai. Kai commited the act of cheating. He did it out of his free will.  Why is he acting like he still cared for her? Where was this Kai back then? Because it would've save the three of them the pain.

Kai wasn't the only one who loss her and suffered. Chanyeol went through the loss too and felt like the weight of the pain was more than Kai's. Kai had the chance to show ShinAe. Chanyeol didn't. Chanyeol mourned for the love he had for her, that never got the chance to meet her. The love she met, was from a place of friendship and not the one of a lover.

"She's moved on, Kai. Let her be." Although he directed it to Kai, Chanyeol knew he was talking to himself. Chanyeol always held onto a small glimmer of hope, that maybe, just maybe they could meet each other again and fall in love. 

Kai laughed dryly with his head back. Meeting Chanyeol's eyes, he uttered. "And you're fine with that too?" Baekhyun and Sehun tilted their head at Chanyeol, not understanding what Kai meant from that comment.

Slowly walking up to Chanyeol, Kai smirked. "Oh you guys didn't know? Chanyeol was in love with ShinAe." 

"Chanyeol, is this true?" Sehun was so shocked. How did he not see it? 

Ruffling his hair, Chanyeol gestured to Sehun and Baekhyun. "Take him home. He's drunk. I'll go home by myself." Chanyeol was not in the mood to talk about the past. He was not ready to tell his friends about how he was in love with her, because it is not 'was' but instead is 'still'. 

Noting Chanyeol's dismissal of the topic, Baekhyun could tell it was a delicate topic for Chanyeol. Instead of pressing on, Baekhyun dragged Kai and Sehun into a taxi. "C'mon, home time."

Chanyeol started to saunter away from the club. He needed a walk to clear his head. About a few metres away from the club, Chanyeol's ears picked up a familiar sound. Spinning around, his eyes went back to the front of the club. 

There ShinAe stood, with every part of her that he missed. The creases on her forehead. Her scrunched up nose when doesn't agree with something. Chanyeol wished he could see it up close and admire her for the work of art she is. 

Even though she went through a tough time, she was still her.  She was hurt. She suffered, but she grew from her pain and bloomed. ShinAe was like a flower amongst the weeds, but a flower that was not be plucked.

Chanyeol could hear the familiar soft tone of her voice from the distance. Chanyeol was so tempted to go up to her and whisk her away. To make it up for hurting her; but he knew he shouldn't. She was not his. She never was.

The best thing he could do was allow her to happy. Love is about being selfless, and giving her a chance to be happy without him, was Chanyeol's selfless act of love for her. 

With his eyes never leaving her, Chanyeol watched as she followed the man, who was staring at her adoringly. It was like staring into the past, when he was around ShinAe. Always gazing at her with eyes that dripped endearment and fondess. Not wanting to look away from her because he wanted to make the most of every second with her.

Chanyeol knows those set of eyes very well. It mirrored his.

Reaching up and combing his hair with his hand, Chanyeol heavily sighed before turning around to stroll home. 

 

-    -    -    -

 

( F(x) - Paper Heart) https://youtu.be/wNhI8U-Q8nM

 

ShinAe rushed into the school, with her hair a tangled mess. Late on her first day of senior year - what a way to start it off. Eunhee has been blowing up her phone since the early morning but sadly, ShinAe left it on silent and forgot to set her alarm. 

Glancing at her phone, she groaned. *One minute till class starts?! Crap.* ShinAe cursed as her sneakers squeaked against the pristine floor. Pretty much drifting her way around the corridors like a car. She was about to reach the door to her classroom, when suddenly she collided into another person. 

"OW!" They both groaned on the floor.

Pulling herself to sit up, ShinAe stared at the damn person who has now made her late. Opening her eyes, she was met with a large doe eyed boy. *Is he new?* ShinAe blinked at him. She tried to rack her memory to catch a glimpse of him, but he was not there. 

Rubbing his chest area, he could feel his sternum pulsate from pain. Sitting himself up, Chanyeol wanted to see what or who he came in contact with. Still squinting from the pain, Chanyeol forced his eyes to open.

It was a girl.

 Chanyeol felt his heart pound against the walls of chest with the way she was staring at him. He felt like her dark eyes were peering straight into his soul. Before he could say anything to her, a pair of heels came to the floor on the side of him.

"Welcome to Seoul High, Chanyeol. I guess you met one of the othe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter