017

It's Okay to Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter


 

 

(Hoody - The Light) https://youtu.be/psIFEv53nUI 

 

Jaehyun wasn't lying. He meant it when he said she made his night. Catching a glimpse of her tonight was like seeing the sun after the storm. ShinAe had a contradicting effect on him. Jaehyun felt calm and reassured by her but at the same time, she made him flustered and stumbling on his confidence.

But he loved the thrill that he got from her. 

ShinAe cleared and dropped her gaze to the floor. "Are you tired from waiting?"  She awkwardly ask, feeling shy from his words.  Shoving his hands into his pockets, he tilted his head and smiled at her timidness. It was endearing. "Are you worried about me ShinAe?" Jaehyun answered her question with a question.

ShinAe bit her lip and refused to meet his eyes. "Get over yourself, Jaehyun." Jaehyun chuckled deeply and her heart jumped from the sound. He reached for her bag. "I'm fine. I'll walk you up. Then I'll leave you to rest." Releasing her hold on the bag, she passed it to him. They made their way to her apartment. Opening the door, ShinAe glanced behind her. She has been more conscious about how she carries herself infront of him. Taking a gulp and pushing down her nerves, ShinAe softly said, "Thank you for walking me up." 

About to keep the door open with her back, she noticed that Jaehyun had one hand holding the door open for her. With the way he was holding the door, Jaehyun was so close to ShinAe, she could smell his cologne. 

Peering down at her, Jaehyun warmly grinned at her before passing her bag with his other hand. "Anytime ShinAe." 

Taking the bag from his hand, ShinAe could hear her heart pulse in her ear. Raising her eyes from her bag, she gazed up at Jaehyun and she swore she could not breathe. The way he looked at her, had the air in her lung out. His eyes followed her every movement but it wasn't uncomfortable. He watched her like she was the most exciting thing he set his eyes on and it had her stomach churning. Just as his eyes met her's, Jaehyun quickly blurted. "Are you free tomorrow?" It was like she emitted this will in him.

After experiencing what it was like without her for a small period, Jaehyun did not want to go without her. He could see that what she went through in the past has made her reluctant to fully connect with new people. She was going to take time and he was willing to put out the time for her. He was going to take baby steps with her.

Looking up, she thought to herself. "Yes, I am." She nodded her head warily at him, feeling timorous from his question.

"Taeyong is getting everyone together tomorrow. We're eating at a Mexican restaurant in Itaewon." Jaehyun told her the details.  "Please come." He added with a touch of pleading in his tone. 

Playing with her fingers, ShinAe dropped her gaze to her fiddling hands. "Oh I don't know. I don't want to intrude." 

"No, never." He replied instantly. "Eunhee is going. I'm sure she messaged you, but someone's phone wasn't working." He hoped the addition of her best friend's name would convince her. 

"Hey, it was an accident." ShinAe frowned at Jaehyun with a slight pout on her lips. 

"So, is that a yes?" He lowered his head to meet her eyes and stared at her in anticipation.

 She stole a glance at him and instantly dropped her eyes to her feet when they met his pair. "Fine." ShinAe bit her lip. "Please message me the details. I'll see you there." 

Straightening up, Jaehyun uttered casually. "No need. I'll pick you up. Be ready by 7pm, ShinAe." Hearing his offer, she snapped her head up. Before she could protest his offer, Jaehyun released his hold on the door and the hard surface of the door was gently pressed against her back.  Resting a hand on the crown of her head, Jaehyun gave her his signature smile. "I'll see you tomorrow. Good night, ShinAe. Sweet dreams. " 

Her mind went blank for a few seconds and she scrambled to say something to him. "G-good night J-jaehyun." ShinAe breathed. She watched on as he left. 

Entering her home, ShinAe shut the door behind her and let her racing thoughts slow down. So much happened in that small period. The closeness, his touch, his words. *He's so damn perfect* Making her way to her room, she plugged her phone into the charger and let it start her phone up. Giving it a few minutes, the screen flashed a bright light before turning on. Within seconds, her phone vibrated multiple times indicating she received incoming messages.

Bringing the phone closer to her view, her eyes scanned the multiple messages. 

Eunhee: Hi, are you working today? Let's have lunch.
Eunhee: I will take that silence as a 'yes'. 
Eunhee: Okay, I went to your ward and they said you're off today, which means you can come to Octagon. I will be expecting you. 
Eunhee: Okay, where are you? Reply to me when you can. 
Eunhee: Oh speaking of tomorrow, come tomorrow to the Vatos in Itaewon tomorrow at 8pm. I won't take 'no' as an answer. I know you're off. Jisoo told me.
Eunhee: Hello sis, are you okay? 
Eunhee: If you don't reply within 12 hours, I'm calling the police. 

"!" ShinAe hissed. She started to type a reply to Eunhee to reassure her that she was fine. It was pretty late, ShinAe didn't expect her reply.  About to exit the app, she paused when she noticed an additional notification. Exiting her chat with Eunhee, she saw that the notification was from Jaehyun. Expanding the conversation, ShinAe softened at Jaehyun's message. 

Jaehyun: Good morning ShinAe! I hope you had a good sleep. 
Jaehyun: Since you're finally off on a Friday. Please come Octagon tonight. The boys have been asking about you. 
Jaehyun: Hey, are you alright? 

ShinAe started to type her message to him. 

ShinAe: Thank you for checking up on me, Jaehyun.

ShinAe placed her phone down and stood up. She went to the bathroom to wash up and prepare herself for bed. He was so sweet and thoughtful, and she didn't deserve this attention from him. 

 

-     -     -     -

 



As the night arrived, people started to sprawl out of their homes onto the streets of Seoul. Jaehyun drove down the street with his window winded down. The cool breeze brushed against his skin and he felt small goosebumps appear on his skin. Turning down the street of ShinAe's apartment, a sense of familiarity wrapped around him as he recognise his surrounding. Jaehyun was comforted when realised this. Being comfortable meant that he was getting close to her. Pulling up to the front of the apartment, he exited and went up to her place. Standing at the door, he pressed the door bell. He heard a lightly crackle at the beginning before her voice came through the intercom. 

"Hi Jaehyun, give me a moment." ShinAe said slightly puffed through the intercom. The door abruptly swung open, revealing ShinAe dressed in a cute black dress and with her hair in a half updo.

As his eyes settle on her, it was like he was mesmerised. Before he could sink deeper into his daze, her voice snapped him back to the present. "You can come in Jaehyun. Sorry, I'm not ready yet."  Letting him in, she quickened her pace to her room. She inhaled a sharp breath, remembering how her body tingled when her eyes fell on him when the door opened. It was so hard trying to keep her feelings into check and not let it run wild. It was extremely exhausting. 

ShinAe grabbed her necklace from the table. Putting it around her neck, she tried to clip it on while making her way back to Jaehyun. 

Stepping into her living room, Jaehyun's eyes scanned his surrounding. Her home was cozy. The room was decorated with beige and white coloured furniture. Pot plants were placed around to add colour. Hearing footsteps approach him, he diverted his attention to the sound. Jaehyun watched as ShinAe came back into view. Her lips were pursed into a small pout and her eyebrows were furrowed in concentration. 

"Oh come on. So close." Mumbling in frustration, ShinAe kept missing the small loop of her chain.

A pair of  hands came into her view and rested on top her's."I'll give you a hand. If that's okay with you?" Jaehyun questioned. 

Feeling heat radiate from the closeness between them, ShinAe was too shy to look up from her hand and his. "O-okay."  Nodding and allowing him to help her, she watched as his feet moved around and went behind her. Her hands wrapped around her hair and she lifted it into ponytail to expose her neck. Just as Jaehyun's presence moved behind, ShinAe let out a shaky breath. His fingers brushed against her neck before grabbing onto the chain of her necklace. ** ShinAe bit her lip. She felt a surge of electricity go from the tips of his fingers through her - it was almost euphoric. She had to stop herself from shivering from the contact. 

*.* Jaehyun gulped as his fingers moved to lock the necklace around her neck. While trying to do so, his hand would brush against the back of her neck and he cursed at himself for enjoying the way her skin came into contact with his. Her skin was soft and supple; it had his mind wandering towards a deep sensual desire that was brewing inside him whenever he was around ShinAe. 

"Almost there." His voice was low and husky; almost sounding like a growl.

Swallowing the lump that grew in , ShinAe tried to ignore what she felt like was a thick tension. "N-not that easy, isn't it?" ShinAe lightly joked. Feeling his hands retract away from her, ShinAe shut her eyes and push away the thought of how much she wanted for him to keep his hand on her. Realising her thought, she directed her attention away from the thought. "I probably took too

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter